Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA Forums no longer supported IE 11?

Best Answer Spider-Vice, 3 weeks ago

This is correct. IE11 has never worked correctly with IPB3's rich text editor. Edge works fine, but you're not using Windows 10. I would recommend switching to one of the other browsers you listed, as that is the only solution, and IE11 has very outdated standards, which is why it doesn't work. Of the browsers you listed, Firefox is still the lightest so I would give that a shot.

Go to the full post

8 replies to this topic
IndogamersPro
  • IndogamersPro

Busta

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I just opened Gta Forums on my lovely, favourite browser, Internet Explorer 11. Everything on the webpage is normal, but I can't upload medias, making Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikethrough, Subscript, and Superscript text.
Too bad if it's no longer supported considering the Google Chrome, Firefox, or Opera RAM consumption is too damn high.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate laptop powered by Intel Celeron B820 @1.7Ghz, 2GB DDR3 RAM, and 700MB Intel HD Graphics.

Any Solution?

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

Use Edge?

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

Use Edge?

Without some piggery-jokery, Edge won't generally work on Windows 7.

@IndogamersPro:  How long as this problem presented itself, and has your browser had any recent updates, security patches etc from Microsoft.  Also have you recently updated any anti-virus/firewall programs, or anything like Flash and similar plug-ins recently.  It will help diagnose the issue.

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Ai家Cob家, 3 weeks ago.

I just opened Gta Forums on my lovely, favourite browser, Internet Explorer 11. Everything on the webpage is normal, but I can't upload medias, making Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikethrough, Subscript, and Superscript text.
Too bad if it's no longer supported considering the Google Chrome, Firefox, or Opera RAM consumption is too damn high.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate laptop powered by Intel Celeron B820 @1.7Ghz, 2GB DDR3 RAM, and 700MB Intel HD Graphics.

Any Solution?

This has nothing to do with your computer it all IE Fault

GTAF & IE haven't meshed well at all in the 4 years i've been here and the only fix is to use a difference and of course better broswer such as Chrome or Firefox

PS. You could never upload Media the My Media button is nothing more then an oriment you have to host your files on imgur or another site and then copypasta here

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 3 weeks ago

GTAF & IE haven't meshed well at all

As I understand it, it isn't just GTAForums, it's IPB who utilise a web text editor that isn't compatible with IE11...?

• Spider-Vice likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 3 weeks ago   Best Answer

This is correct. IE11 has never worked correctly with IPB3's rich text editor. Edge works fine, but you're not using Windows 10. I would recommend switching to one of the other browsers you listed, as that is the only solution, and IE11 has very outdated standards, which is why it doesn't work. Of the browsers you listed, Firefox is still the lightest so I would give that a shot.

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

GTAF & IE haven't meshed well at all

As I understand it, it isn't just GTAForums, it's IPB who utilise a web text editor that isn't compatible with IE11...?

That's right i couldn't remember what the forum boards were called so i just said GTAF, thanks for reminding me

Quadro
  • Quadro

Director of Community Development - PBMO

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Australia
  • Best Content Creator Job 2016 [Car Foosball - Paleto Bay]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Sucks when you can't change the browser - say when your at work.
Copy paste is what gets me the most

IndogamersPro
  • IndogamersPro

Busta

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Thank you for suggestions, i'll download firefox and hope it works perfectly on my toaster xD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users