Quantcast

» «
Photo

Security Upgrade and Raids

40 replies to this topic

Poll: Security Upgrade Questions (82 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you purchase any Security Upgrades?

1. No, I do not own any and will not purchase the upgrade (12 votes [14.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.63%

2. Yes, all my businesses have Security Upgrades (58 votes [70.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.73%

3. Yes, but only for some businesses (12 votes [14.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.63%

Have you ever had a business raided?

1. No, and I do not own a security upgrade (10 votes [12.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

2. No, and I do own a security upgrade (8 votes [9.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.76%

3. Yes, and I do not own a security upgrade (5 votes [6.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.10%

4. Yes, and I do own a security upgrade (59 votes [71.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote
chr0n1k Halo
  • chr0n1k Halo

SAMCRO Loyal

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

I own a gunrunning, coke and meth business. Since I usually have to sell my product solo, I never let it get above 2 stacks. So my businesses have never had over 50% of its product capacity filled. I have seen a lot of people talking about raids and how annoying they are... but I've never gotten one. I do not own any security upgrades on my businesses either.

I am trying to figure out why I have never been raided. Is it because I always have a maximum 40% product capacity in my businesses? Have any of you been raided with 40% or less product filled? Is it because I do not own a security upgrade?

I am wondering if buying the upgrade is what actually triggers raids being able to take place, or if it is the amount of product you store in your business.

I'd like to know what your experience is with raids and security upgrades, and what factors contribute to a raid.

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:00 PM

Upgraded security for everything.

MC businesses constantly get raided.
Warehouses haven't been raided.

However, MC businesses are always in use, having stock etc. warehouses haven't had crates in them since October 31st last year when I sold off what I had to buy the Halloween bike.

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:08 PM

I have a Weed Farm and a Bunker. Only Bunker has security upgrade and it has been raided only once.
Weed Farm never was raided maybe cuz i didn't use it much. Just 1-2 sales and it was shuted down.

P.S. Fun actually explained how raids are working. Look for it.

chr0n1k Halo
  • chr0n1k Halo

SAMCRO Loyal

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:19 PM

Upgraded security for everything.

MC businesses constantly get raided.
Warehouses haven't been raided.

However, MC businesses are always in use, having stock etc. warehouses haven't had crates in them since October 31st last year when I sold off what I had to buy the Halloween bike.

Mine are constantly in use as well but never have gotten raided. How much product do you sell at a time, if I may ask? 2 stacks (40%)? A full 5 stacks (100%)?

Smooth Longsack
  • Smooth Longsack

real long

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:26 PM

From what i remember from fun's post:

Bunker raids are only triggered when you've been at more than 50% stock for over five hours. With security the time is extended to ten hours. Not sure about biker biz but i think it's similar.
  • ⁣V⁣ and MrTroubleMaker like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:28 PM

It varies. Doc Forgery to Meth I let fill right up. Coke I only ever go for one lot of supplies then sell. All have been raided. I often let my stock sit there full for a while before selling. Generally I'll get raided immediately after a sale.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:31 PM

Here is the post from Fun about bunker raids:

http://gtaforums.com...entry1069673940

Once your stock is 50% or more, you are exposed to raids.
50 Stock - Value $250,000
+ Staff Upgrade OR Equipment Upgrade:
50 Stock - Value $300,000
+ Staff Upgrade and Equipment Upgrade:
50 Stock - Value $350,000

A timer will start once your stock is 50% or more, after 5 hours of inactivity it will trigger a raid.

With security upgrade it's 10 hours of inactivity.

It will stop if you are involved in some kind of activity (Resupply, VIP Work, Missions, Freemode Event ..etc)

By "inactivity", I'm talking about spending your time in freemode and picking fights with ppl ..etc

If that's what you do most of your time, you will notice raids happen more often.

If your stock is 50% or more and you spent 4 hours picking fights with randoms, the next day it will only take one hour to trigger a raid unless you sell your stock.

• askinnywhitedildo, MrTroubleMaker, LarcenousUrsine and 1 other like this

chr0n1k Halo
  • chr0n1k Halo

SAMCRO Loyal

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:33 PM

A timer will start once your stock is 50% or more, after 5 hours of inactivity it will trigger a raid.

It will stop if you are involved in some kind of activity (Resupply, VIP Work, Missions, Freemode Event ..etc)

By "inactivity", I'm talking about spending your time in freemode and picking fights with ppl ..etc

If that's what you do most of your time, you will notice raids happen more often.

If your stock is 50% or more and you spent 4 hours picking fights with randoms, the next day it will only take one hour to trigger a raid unless you sell your stock.

Thank you :)

• aFinn likes this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:40 PM

That would explain why my bunker hasn't ever been raided but doesn't explain why my coke, which is only ever at 40% max capacity, gets raided.

Ah well, I guess I must have had >50% in my coke at one time.

redamed9292
  • redamed9292

Rat

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:53 PM Edited by redamed9292, 21 September 2017 - 02:53 PM.

never got a raid.i disband the mc before going out.no raids

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:57 PM

What about after a sale? The raid will trigger immediately after the sale, the option to disband is greyed out because the sale is happening or the raid is happening.

GenericGTAO
  • GenericGTAO

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:06 PM

I once got raided three times in a row with biker biz...I was inside logging on to do a sell. I wasnt even an mc until I got on computer. Due to a bug/exploit, all my biker stuff has unlimited supplies...its easily the most profitable thing in the game besides duping, but you need a solo public to do sells. I actually like doing most of the sales because I can mindlessly drive or fly without having to worry about enemies or other players. Gets boring on the 3rd business. Hate post ops, but its ok if it not coke or meth, just blow two up and deliver one. Hell i didnt pay for supplies.
  • Hécate-II likes this

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

What about after a sale? The raid will trigger immediately after the sale, the option to disband is greyed out because the sale is happening or the raid is happening.
You have two options. Either go deal with the raid or close the application. If you close the app you won't lose product. But, I think the game remembers you should have a raid coming and your chances of getting raided go up a lot. Because of this, I'll usually just deal with the raid. Unless it's one of those timed ones where you lose product while the timer goes down. Not worth trying to deal with those when you're halfway across the map.

From my experiences:
Crate warehouse seems to only get raided when full, or nearly full, and happens very infrequently. While grinding crates straight and selling when full, I've only been raided once. If I had a full small warehouse sitting around, it seemed to get raided often enough to be annoying.

Biker businesses get raided more often. It feels like each business has it's own raid counter and you can get back to back raids. I think there is a chance to get raided, even with just a little product.

My bunker has only been raided once while filling. Since then I switched to only selling the one bar of supplies and haven't been raided since.

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:34 PM

I got raided the first day Gun Running came out. :(

Mogg
  • Mogg

Kupo!

• Members
  • Norway
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:03 PM

Iirc, and from current experience, the crate warehouse will have raids at 70% and above. I currently have two large ones waiting for me to bother with the last 31%, and they've waited a good while too.

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:11 PM

I have security in my Meth business and Bunker but not in my Coke business.  Both meth and coke have been raided once, despite holding less product than would require more than one person to deliver.

While the Bunker is immune from raids without >50% capacity, I'd get the security upgrade anyway for optimum AFK-earning power (at least during 2x$ events).  I paid for all my Gunrunning purchases and made a profit because of that feature.

Iirc, and from current experience, the crate warehouse will have raids at 70% and above. I currently have two large ones waiting for me to bother with the last 31%, and they've waited a good while too.

80%-capacity was the consensus.  I left mine at just under 80% and they weren't bothered for weeks of freeroaming time.

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:49 PM

i have 2 bunkers, one with, one without. both get filled with 75k supplies then ignored for a while. i have never been raided.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:54 PM

I assume it only counts time logged on to GTA Online?

I think I've had times where I had stock above 50% for days with no raid, but during most of that time, my Xbox was either off or I was playing a different game. 

TheFroggmann
  • TheFroggmann

Taco Truck DLC Confirmed!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:44 PM Edited by TheFroggmann, 21 September 2017 - 11:56 PM.

Security upgrades: all businesses. 

Until recently if I was a MC pres. I got raided... Back to back until every business was raided

I even got raided once while CEO and in my Bunker

Especially lovely when you get raided AS you're disbanding. Lost everything. 

n2lmNYV.gif

Oh yea the old interactive menu trick now only works in a limited fashion. The raid will start but doesn't activate until you close it. Another another realization, the helicopter will follow you even though the raid isn't "activated". 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YjMJwJct08

• R3CON likes this

TheFroggmann
  • TheFroggmann

Taco Truck DLC Confirmed!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:59 PM Edited by TheFroggmann, 22 September 2017 - 05:29 PM.

I call bullsh*t. Until Smuggler's it didn't matter how much "work" I did. If I registered as an MC pres I got raided. 

edit: Fun2 added clarification in Post #24 below. In MC despite Security you're always gonna get raided. 

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:35 AM Edited by IceDree, 22 September 2017 - 12:36 AM.

Spoiler

I call bullsh*t. Until Smuggler's it didn't matter how much "work" I did. If I registered as an MC pres I got raided. 
That's for Gunrunning. MC Businesses use a different algorithm, so does the CEO special cargo business.
  • Jamwes likes this

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:36 AM

It varies. Doc Forgery to Meth I let fill right up. Coke I only ever go for one lot of supplies then sell. All have been raided. I often let my stock sit there full for a while before selling. Generally I'll get raided immediately after a sale.

Happens everytime. I've got into the habit to call Pegasus/request aircraft after every sale.

-----> ask Savage
-----> nuke the entire block
-----> rescue employees

Its a fun mission.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:41 AM

Don't have security and never been raided, hope I didn't just jinx myself tho

Fun 2
  • Fun 2

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgable [GTA] 2015
    Most Helpful Member 2015
    Coolest Member 2015

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:53 AM

I was talking about Bunkers, MC Warehouses have different timers depending on the product type.

Coke raids happen every 3 hours (6 hours with security upgrade), Meth raids happen every 4 hours (8 hours with security upgrade).

MC Warehouses are exposed to raids when you have 20 units of product and more.

• TheFroggmann and Jamwes like this

Quarthon
  • Quarthon

Sunnyvale Trailer Park Supervisor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:13 AM

I have security in my MC coke business and I get raided a lot, especially ever since the smuggler DLC. Twice I was in front of my business and registered as MC. Suddenly I get a call about a raid and the cops just spawn right in front of me. Luckily I had a friend with me and they accidentally shot and killed me instead of shooting the cops. I spawned a block away and came back and stopped the raid. 

Xiled
  • Xiled

The Truth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:44 AM

Sell a business, Immediately get another business "raided". Inb4 "security upgrades" don't do anything. 

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:53 AM

i have security upgrades on most of my businesses but my motorcycle club's document forgery business was raided once.

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:58 AM

I was talking about Bunkers, MC Warehouses have different timers depending on the product type.
Coke raids happen every 3 hours (6 hours with security upgrade), Meth raids happen every 4 hours (8 hours with security upgrade).
For MC, how is a unit of product defined? Coke only makes 10 boxes of product. Or is that pretty much 20%?

KingpinRCR
  • KingpinRCR

Thug

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:55 AM

Mc coke factory:
-security upgrade + all other upgrades, raided many times.

Bunker:
-no upgrades at all, never been raided.

Fun 2
  • Fun 2

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgable [GTA] 2015
    Most Helpful Member 2015
    Coolest Member 2015

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:42 AM

For MC, how is a unit of product defined? Coke only makes 10 boxes of product. Or is that pretty much 20%?

That would be 2 boxes of product.

• Jamwes likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users