Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which GTA that has best customization?

10 replies to this topic

Poll: Customization (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Best player customization

1. GTA VC/LCS/VCS/TBOGT (3 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

2. GTA SA (20 votes [47.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.62%

3. GTA IV (11 votes [26.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.19%

4. GTA V (8 votes [19.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

Best vehicles customization

1. GTA SA (4 votes [13.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

2. GTA V (25 votes [86.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 86.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote
CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by CGFforLife, 4 weeks ago.

Title

For me
Player: SA
Vehicles: V

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

SA. 

I think V has too many customizations. They give the player too much freedom to deviate from the scope and atmosphere. I don't think GTA needs too many customizations. Otherwise it just takes away from the feel of the game itself. It only needs enough to personalize things a bit. Look at all the stupid outfits and cars people have. It's hard to believe you're in a criminal underground.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago

GTA V for both. I like that R* were able to balance variety and scope with the clothing options. My only gripe is it's not as interchangeable as I would like being some clothing can only be worn with others and weird design decisions like Michael not being able to change shoes in his wardrobe. GTA IV in a close second because I like the suits from Perseus. Perfect for roleplaying as an assassin. :cool:

As for vehicle customisation GTA V completely destroys San Andreas as we can customise a much broader range of vehicles from cars to bikes, both cosmetically and performance wise.

• CGFforLife likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

SA gets an edge over V becuase of player freedom and choice, unlike V restricted the choice of customizing the protags in some ways, and also for a more responsive ( outright hilarious ) pedestrian comments on CJ's clothing or vehicle (  and even his body - fat, skinny or muscular)  while Vs feel greatly lacking in this area. I absolutely love the character customization options in V, but I greatly miss not having the feature in which pedestrians actually react to CJ's body and clothing style. 
SA wins in this category.

Vehicle customization - GTA V is a clear cut winner here. I don't enjoy customizing the vehicles in SA as much as I do like to customize them in V
  • CGFforLife likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 3 weeks ago

Player Customization: SA, although changing clothes is a bit of a pain in the ass. Changing clothes in V is pointless, since for whatever reason R* decided to have the character change clothes when you're not controlling him. Oh that hard work making them dress like how we wanted them to.

Car Customization: V. Everyone else already said why.

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

GTA V for both player and vehicle customization. I like how clothing options for the trio fit their personalities. About the vehicle customization... I don't need to explain this one.

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hmm. I'd have to say San Andreas in terms of player customisation, because most of the stuff in V (or maybe even Online if you want to count that as a part of V) is just "meh". Plus, there's a wide range of clothing, I mean HUGE range of clothing options to choose from.

For vehicle customisation, V is much better. Even though most of the mods are cosmetic and don't add much to the overall performance of the vehicle (no nitrous either), there's a lot more you can do with it. Some of the liveries on certain vehicles look sweet, too.
  • Am Shaegar likes this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 3 weeks ago

SA has much better character customization.You can not only change CJ's clothes, haircut and give him tattoos,but also make him buff, skinny or fat, and even teach him new fighting styles if that counts.Also,while making outfits is more basic (you can't choose which jacket to put over which shirt, shades and masks are in the same category...),at least it isn't as restrictive as in GTA 5 (you can dress CJ in a variety of styles, you can combine any shoes with any pants).I honestly don't really get the praise over GTA 5 protagonists only having outfits that match their personality,for example I can't put any hat on Michael because wearing a hat for some reason isn't part of his personality.In an open world game I prefer to choose protagonist's outfit according to my personality,not be restricted by his.

As for vehicle customization,GTA 5 is better,especially Online.The car customization is more detailed,and you can even customize motorcycles.The only feature SA has that even Online still doesn't is the ability to put nitro on cars.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, 3 weeks ago.

In my opinion Best Player Customization goes to Grand Theft Auto IV. I know that it doesn't feature that much of clothing options as Grand Theft Auto San Andreas or V, but in my opinion the amount of clothes in IV is just right. There are only 3 clothing stores, but they contain everything I could imagine Niko would wear. The Russian Shop has some pretty good clothing - not only track suits, but also glasses, hats, jeans, sneakers, boots and some pretty cool jackets, which fit Niko really well. There is also more mid-range Modo and awesome Perseus. I love that Niko can wear suits with a tie (it was impossible for some characters in V to do that, and there was only one suit in San Andreas - which was awful...) and elegant jackets. There is also a great variety of colours. You can wear a track suit, a jacket or a suit - the choice is yours.

I know that you are all aware of that, but I want to point out that even though there are not many clothing options in IV, they all look very good. I can't say the same about V's or San Andreas' clothing. 

Clothes in San Andreas were pretty cool, but I think that most clothes in V look ugly and is not very good. I don't want to say that they are bad, I just want to say that I like clothing options from IV better.

I also don't care about getting a haircut or a tattoo, so not having that in IV is fine with me.

Quality over quantity.

As for Vehicle Customization - it must be Grand Theft Auto V. I only care about changing colour of the car, but still - if you are into that stuff then V is your choice. I just wish they implemented a simple colour slection in Pay 'n Spray in IV, but okay.

It's just my opinion, so please don't get triggered.

• Algonquin Assassin, LincolnClay and EtherTakeover like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

In my opinion Best Player Customization goes to Grand Theft Auto IV. I know that it doesn't feature that much of clothing options as Grand Theft Auto San Andreas or V, but in my opinion the amount of clothes in IV is just right. There are only 3 clothing stores, but they contain everything I could imagine Niko would wear. The Russian Shop has some pretty good clothing - not only track suits, but also glasses, hats, jeans, sneakers, boots and some pretty cool jackets, which fit Niko really well. There is also more mid-range Modo and awesome Perseus. I love that Niko can wear suits with a tie (it was impossible for some characters in V to do that, and there was only one suit in San Andreas - which was awful...) and elegant jackets. There is also a great variety of colours. You can wear a track suit, a jacket or a suit - the choice is yours.

I think it would've been better if there was another store than another Perseus that just sells the same clothes.though. That's honestly the only gripe I have with GTA IV's.
  • LincolnClay likes this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Matrelith, 3 weeks ago.

For characters I'd go with San Andreas and Online, as they give the player the most freedom on how they want your character to look like. Maybe give San Andreas a slight edge because of the ability to change CJ's body as well in terms of fatness and buffness.

For vehicles it's GTA V. While not every car can be modified extensively, a lot of them have a crazy amount of customization these days. Rockstar really doubled down on it after people weren bummed out vehicle customization was absent in GTA 4.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users