Photo

Oppressor hate and ridicule thread

362 replies to this topic
Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Milesinho, 4 weeks ago.

I feel this deserves its own thread as I don’t want to pollute the appreciation thread which is for people who actually like this thing, but personally I believe it needs calling out as the worst thing to happen to GTA Online ever.

I’ve defended Rockstar plenty on these boards with regard to Shark Cards and the game in general. Although there are plenty of missteps and balancing issues, I still believe that overall it’s an amazing game unlike anything else out there.

However, the introduction of the Oppressor is undefendable. 

A flying motorbike has no place in a game that is meant to be at least loosely based in the real world.

It’s a griefer’s dream. Even jets require a modicum of skill to use, unlike this. This thing can instantly lock on and spam rockets, it’s very difficult to kill, it looks retarded, and the final insult is that it costs you $20k if you do manage to blow it up!

In addition, even if it does get destroyed, the owner can instantly call in another one straight to their location, and if they can get it as their favourite bike in MC, then it recharges their health as well!!!

I was prepared to accept  (very generously) that perhaps Rockstar didn’t foresee how the hydra would be abused when they introduced it. However, the Oppressor is nothing short of Rockstar giving the finger to everyone who tries to play the game as it was clearly meant to be played.

Unlike many on here, I don’t have a problem with the rate at which you can make money in the game, but this looks to me like a weapon deliberately placed in the game by Rockstar to feed the trolls in the knowledge that it will make business deliveries, resupplies and I/E that much harder.

It’s so incredibly disappointing.

Some people find the Oppressor fun, I get that, so fine, let them have it as a toy. But spammable, insta-lock homing missiles? Of all the f***ing, stupid, moronic design decisions, that’s got to up there with the worst of them.
  • Lc gta, Rented, Pastry and 21 others like this

ScooterEightyTwo
  • ScooterEightyTwo

Me oh my I have enjoyed that yes boy

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 4 weeks ago

The only real problem with the Oppressor are the homing missiles, the sheer speed & accuracy of them is ridiculous. While yes, a flying motorcycle is ridiculous in itself, this game has never been the pinnacle of realism.

If the homing missiles were either reduced in their accuracy, the amount you could carry reduced, or just removed altogether, the Oppressor would merely a fun toy to mess around in, not the griefer's silver bullet.
  • Milesinho, Arrows to Athens, Skeve613 and 4 others like this

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

The only real problem with the Oppressor are the homing missiles, the sheer speed & accuracy of them is ridiculous. While yes, a flying motorcycle is ridiculous in itself, this game has never been the pinnacle of realism.

If the homing missiles were either reduced in their accuracy, the amount you could carry reduced, or just removed altogether, the Oppressor would merely a fun toy to mess around in, not the griefer's silver bullet.

Totally agree, like I said at the end of my rant, I know some people enjoy playing with it so that's fine, even if I personally don't like it, but the missiles are ridiculous.

• Goingcrowd9 likes this

Ruskiturbo
  • Ruskiturbo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Oppressor = Hydra bike with Savages missiles.

God awful griefing machine.
  • Xiled, XypherFox7, CUTS3R and 1 other like this

dead goon
  • dead goon

Reject the status quo.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

:)

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago

Whats the matter op? getting oppressed by flying bikes?

• Furry_Monkey, Arrows to Athens, HaRdSTyLe_83 and 5 others like this

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Whats the matter op? getting oppressed by flying bikes?

Only to a small extent so far, but I fear it will get much worse :p

• XypherFox7, Goingcrowd9 and General_Z like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago

Tip on how to destroy an Opressor without having to put a bounty on the rider:

Drive over it with a heavy car like the Insurgent Pickup.

Though if the rider is in a MC that will be useless as he can just call for another one.

They need to remove the Opressor from that menu, it's ridiculous!

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'd be satisfied with the Oppressor no longer existing or that it can't be installed with any weapons, not rockets or even pea-shooters.

• Arrows to Athens, CUTS3R, Goingcrowd9 and 2 others like this

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I feel like something like the Oppressor was necessary for an MC to compete with a CEO buzzard and to be able to defend themselves in free roam. But I also feel like players shouldn't have such easy access to any armed aircraft. While things like an Oppressor, Buzzard, or Hydra are great and useful for PvE, I feel they are too powerful for PvP. Especially with the free roam businesses. There is no way to counter these flying death machines during business activities unless you have a full group where everyone also has the multimillion dollar vehicles. If you do shoot them down, it's just a matter of minutes before they get it back and come after you again.

That said, the Oppressor is ridiculous. For playing a video game, it's fun for the mobility alone. But it doesn't pass for any sense of realism. It probably would have been better for an MC President to have easy access to a weaponized buzzard like a CEO than to include the flying bike.
  • Arrows to Athens, Pedinhuh, Goingcrowd9 and 2 others like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Pedinhuh, 4 weeks ago.

I feel like something like the Oppressor was necessary for an MC to compete with a CEO buzzard and to be able to defend themselves in free roam. But I also feel like players shouldn't have such easy access to any armed aircraft. While things like an Oppressor, Buzzard, or Hydra are great and useful for PvE, I feel they are too powerful for PvP. Especially with the free roam businesses. There is no way to counter these flying death machines during business activities unless you have a full group where everyone also has the multimillion dollar vehicles. If you do shoot them down, it's just a matter of minutes before they get it back and come after you again.

That said, the Oppressor is ridiculous. For playing a video game, it's fun for the mobility alone. But it doesn't pass for any sense of realism. It probably would have been better for an MC President to have easy access to a weaponized buzzard like a CEO than to include the flying bike.

All armed vehicles shouldn't be accessible, not only its immersion breaking but it's also harmful for PvP.

Maybe we could be allowed to steal them from the military base, with a permanent wanted level attached to it, but owning them it's stupid.

Now I wish I didn't had to own these types of vehicles, but since everyone and their mother has atleast a Buzzard, I am forced to own it as well or I get left behind.
  • Arrows to Athens, Jamwes and Hécate-II like this

RollsReus1959
  • RollsReus1959

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 4 weeks ago

Am I the only one that knows how to beat the Oppressor?

You can see one coming for you from miles away because you can see the icon/player cut through the map by gliding straight towards you.  It means they are coming after you because of the path.  Therefore, bait the player, by simply getting out of your car.  That completely negates the homing and they will either go away or come gliding towards you in which you can just shoot them out of the air.  I have killed many Oppressors and I try to be near my APC when doing so.  I can get back in APC before their respawn and go after them before they can call another one even as a MC.

• Forza Harrd and Nossirag like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

Just blow the bitch up and move on...

• Arrows to Athens likes this

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by tommyguns, 4 weeks ago.

Exactly what I said when this thing came out. R* knew EXACTLY how it would be used. They custom made this thing so the most talentless scrub in GTA could score easy kills with it. They didn't make it so people could get around the map more conveniently, they didn't put it in so people could screw around doing stunts with it.

They put it in to further limit peoples ability to make money. Plain and simple. Its a griefer tool, designed for people who get their jollies chasing after sales and supplies & blowing them up.

I also think they are out of place. I think GTA online would be better off if they weren't created. But they are here & I get that there are people who enjoy the bike. Fine, but like the OP said, remove the weapons. Personally, I think the number of people who enjoy them, would drop dramatically if the bikes ability to spam missiles was removed.

I doubt R* will sabotage their little griefer tool though.
  • Xiled, The-Irish-Hunter, CUTS3R and 1 other like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago

But dat insurance bill tho...
  • askinnywhitedildo and Goingcrowd9 like this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

Beep Beep, I'm a Helicopter.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

lol I made this one kill itself while in passive mode.

• alkaline_, Xiled, tommyguns and 6 others like this

secrecy274
  • secrecy274

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 4 weeks ago

I lost a "friend" yesterday.

Me and another friend were helping him on a sell mission the day before, but sadly my other friend crashed his plane. Now, somehow, my good "friend" decided it was my fault, and thought it would be funny to follow me around in said ****-machine called the oppressor and bomb just about every vehicle I had. So I started to abuse the MOC cab fully. We got him off the damn bike once and didn't let him back on for a dozen or so deaths. When he finally escaped I simply started Haulage, grabbed the trailer and used it as an invulnerable shield against his missile spam, killed him and then repeated the process. After a while he, full of himself as GTA players tend to be, challenged me and my actual friend in a ground battle without vehicles, 2v1. What then happened is what you would expect, he got pretty much rekt and suddenly left both session and party. Not heard from him since.

I'm all for griefing between friends, me and my "true" friend kill each other all the time, and we laugh it all off. But when someone grabs that **** PoS bike and uses to purposely **** with my sh*t, and then can't take me paying back in kind, he can ****-off.

• Goingcrowd9 and Chevchelious like this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Here we go again...

it’s very difficult to kill

- Fully Loaded

- Using your own oppressor

- Homing launcher

- Hydra

- Any armored vehicle (including Nightshark) - drive towards the bike, wait for a player to make mistake

- Fly towards the bike in a heli (Buzzard)

- Using water to your advantage

I'm sure there are tons of other ways to kill this thing

• DBrasco, Nossirag, DeadEnot and 1 other like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Happy Hunter, 4 weeks ago.

It's basically a jet with little training wheels. You don't get punished for crashing like an actual jet pilot (you often don't even die, and even if you do you can summon it at your feet when you respawn). If you die there's a 20K insurance bill to punish the guy defending himself (instead of you, like it would with a PV jet/aircraft). Also, it's just dumbed down in general - easy to use missiles that turn much faster and sharper, easy to move and get the hang of, etc.

Thankfully countermeasures help aircraft out against them now, and since they patched the glitch where it had infinite height, you can reliably take them down in a Savage (got to stay high, wait for the right moment to strike). I never came across anyone using that, fortunately - but that wouldn't have been a lot of fun.

Definitely a turd of a vehicle.

Edit: Oh, definitely use VIP work when possible to negate insurance.

• Skeve613, alkaline_, Xiled and 5 others like this

The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

i love stunting with it, but it should have been just that. for stunting and nothing more.

even the mg version is nasty as people can get on roofs etc very quickly.
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

Jester Classic or GTFO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

But dat insurance bill tho...

And this is the only thing I hate about the Oppressor, APC, and the like. 

If I could just kill them and not HAVE TO PAY to DEFEND MYSELF, things would be ok. But instead, I have to avoid them. It's absolute bullsh*t. I mean, these new planes are the same way, but it's only $1,000, which isn't a big deal at all. If these other weaponized vehicles were only $1,000, or even $5,000, it wouldn't be so bad. But $20,000? Nah, go f*ck yourself. 

• Pedinhuh, DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin, Illem425 and 2 others like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 4 weeks ago.

Every time I ride it I feel too much like I'm going to die to be able to grief effectively. Like "Here's a missile buddy, strap yourself in and hold on!" I just treat it as quick transportation from wherever I'm stuck at.

I must've spent about 200K on insurance for it, and I've only owned it about a week. Need to watch for water landings!

TiberiusMcQueen
  • TiberiusMcQueen

Foolhardy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

The missles should've been exclusive to missions, It's an incredibly fun vehicle, but the missles make it a griefing nightmare. I didn't bother putting the missiles on mine, I have no interest in them. I just think it's fun to fly around and stunt with.

• Milesinho, Xiled and Goingcrowd9 like this

gnomefromnome
  • gnomefromnome

to each his gnome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by gnomefromnome, 4 weeks ago.

Use of Explosive Rounds recommended

rQuA4Uu.gif

qnn0YsS.gif

that being  said, I love my Oppressor

• --V--, alkaline_, DrSame and 4 others like this

The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Use of Explosive Rounds recommended
rQuA4Uu.gif

qnn0YsS.gif

that being  said, I love my Opressor

i've done that once

the hate mail was glorious
  • Milesinho and Goingcrowd9 like this

Snoopbr
  • Snoopbr

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I have one, but I wish Oppressor has never been released (explosive rounds as well).

• zoso80, Line Cook, Goingcrowd9 and 2 others like this

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Thug

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by delorianlazarus, 4 weeks ago.

Each time I blow one out of the sky, I feel good.

And tonight, I blew one with the front turret of a mighty Bombushka. Kudos to the pilot to make the plane angled in a way this mofo couldn't escape.

Watching through the turret camera you and your ugly bike fall in a rain of fire, blood, limbs, and a pair of ridiculous wings made me so happy to have bought this plane.

Can we add marks on the side of vehicles, to simulate the kills you had with it?
  • Milesinho, Skeve613, The-Irish-Hunter and 2 others like this

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I had an idea about smacking one of the harry potter wannabe's off it with my wing, but every time I tried, they had either killed themselves/destroyed it by the time I got there, or they saw/heard my jet and got on the ground to hide.

HappyHunter beat me to it, not only hitting a rider off and killing him, but also shredding a rider with the rotar blades of his heli :)
  • The-Irish-Hunter, Goingcrowd9 and Happy Hunter like this

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Prince_Polaris, 4 weeks ago.

I approve of this thread, at this point, I instantly get annoyed just seeing that thing's icon on my screen.

• Pedinhuh, Line Cook, The-Irish-Hunter and 5 others like this

secrecy274
  • secrecy274

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 4 weeks ago

I approve of this thread, at this point, I instantly get annoyed just seeing that thing's icon on my screen.

Same. I'm usually against griefing and random killings, but when I see a Oppressor or a Jet, no mercy.

• The-Irish-Hunter, Goingcrowd9 and Happy Hunter like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users