14 replies to this topic
Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago

So, bombing controls are f*cked on pc, because the key you use to drop bombs is nowhere near EITHER of the hands you use for flying.  Has anyone found a way to either A, remap the control in the game, or B, an easy method to remap the keys while GTA is running?  I have remappers, but I don't want to reboot my pc every time I run gta and then again to remove the remap when I'm done playing.....

I dug around in setting files and couldn't find the keymaps, so if the game won't let us change it, can someone recommend a key remapper that works well for this situation?

4ward
  • 4ward

Come close

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

It makes no sense why devs mapped new key for bomb drop, fire key (space by default) should work well since aircraft weapons unavailable while bomb hatch is open.

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

It makes no sense why devs mapped new key for bomb drop, fire key (space by default) should work well since aircraft weapons unavailable while bomb hatch is open.

Yep :/

The bombushka is perfect for bombing, nice and slow and stable, so I can let go of the controls to focus on bombs, but still..   f*cking right control?   Why!?

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The controversial one

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Seems like they missed that one out, I'd have thought it was under Pause Menu > Settings > Key Bindings > GTA Online Vehicles, but it's not. 

Spoiler

I must admit, as a controller user I'm not affected, but I can see how that could be quite an issue for KB and Mouse users. 

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Seems like they missed that one out, I'd have thought it was under Pause Menu > Settings > Key Bindings > GTA Online Vehicles, but it's not. 

Spoiler

I must admit, as a controller user I'm not affected, but I can see how that could be quite an issue for KB and Mouse users. 

Ugh, yeah, its missing.  I have one hand on WASD and one hand on 8456, and where do they put bombing controls?  Out of reach of both hands!  It's like they tried to pick the WORST possible key for bombing and went with it!

• Gaffa™ and Dork Edgelord like this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Have you tried using a regular attack key? I believe the attack button triggers the drop after you opened the bomb tray. 

I fly jets with keyboard and mouse. I can easily drop bombs with a mouse button (the same one I use to shoot when in hydra or buzzard). The game never mentions that, I found it by accident.

I don't use 8456, mostly because I don't have a numpad on my fancy keyboard (lol :D )

I've remapped the controls closer to WASD long time ago after I decided to get serious with the Hydra:

8 -> Q

5 -> Left ALT

4 -> Regular 1

6 -> Regular 3

This allows me to

1) Bypass the nonexistance of numpad on my keyboard

2) Control any aircraft with a single hand

3) Use mouse to move the camera or use it for a more precise control

4) Navigate the interaction menu or the phone without losing control of the aircraft

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Have you tried using a regular attack key? I believe the attack button triggers the drop after you opened the bomb tray. 

I fly jets with keyboard and mouse. I can easily drop bombs with a mouse button (the same one I use to shoot when in hydra or buzzard). The game never mentions that, I found it by accident.

I don't use 8456, mostly because I don't have a numpad on my fancy keyboard (lol :D )

I've remapped the controls closer to WASD long time ago after I decided to get serious with the Hydra:

8 -> Q

5 -> Left ALT

4 -> Regular 1

6 -> Regular 3

This allows me to

1) Bypass the nonexistance of numpad on my keyboard

2) Control any aircraft with a single hand

3) Use mouse to move the camera or use it for a more precise control

4) Navigate the interaction menu or the phone without losing control of the aircraft

Does spacebar work?  If I can drop bombs with spacebar, then we are golden!

I remember seeing your weird controls in another thread, but I could never handle that, I need both hands on both things...  Which also means the mouse is just as awkward as Rctrl :(

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The controversial one

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I remember seeing your weird controls in another thread, but I could never handle that, I need both hands on both things...  Which also means the mouse is just as awkward as Rctrl :(

No, it doesn't look like spacebar does work for dropping bombs, and there's no mention in-game of R CTRL anywhere for any command. A bit stupid really. 

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

No, it doesn't look like spacebar does work for dropping bombs, and there's no mention in-game of R CTRL anywhere for any command. A bit stupid really. \

Wonderful game design.....

• _47_ likes this

_47_
  • _47_

Leutenant Colonel USAF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by _47_, 4 weeks ago.

I've been searching for a better way to switch those keybinds for bombs. Rockstar went half c*cked on this one. They basically guessed on where to default the keys lmao.

Thanks for the tip! Changing my keys now.

aDigitalPhantom
  • aDigitalPhantom

4E69636F6C65

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by aDigitalPhantom, 4 weeks ago.

This is one of the reasons I don't use an actual keyboard for playing games other than text chat. I use a Logitech G13. It's nice that every button is easily re-mappable. For me it's also more comfortable to use because of the button layout.

Currently I have right-ctrl next to R.

Piro
  • Piro

Pilot // The Lazlow Show fan

• Members
  • None
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Piro, 4 weeks ago.

I also tried to change that button but there's no way to do that right now...

Which also means the mouse is just as awkward as Rctrl :(

Yeah I never use Right Ctrl to drop bombs... It's just too awkward for me as well.

Heres what I do:

When I fly I move my mouse in the right place (just below arrow keys) so that way I can press RMB with my Right Thumb (with my hand still on 8546). Thanks to that I can drop bombs with no problem and it's way easier then reaching for R_Ctrl.

A long time ago I also adjusted my controls to look something like this:

- I set Left_Shift / Left_Ctrl as my alternative buttons for num8 / num5 (So I can fly planes / Helis / Oppressor with one hand if needed)

- Planes JATO set as CapsLock. Cause of that I also had to change "online action" to something else (I set it to "\" cuz its between "shift" and "z" on my keyboard)

- Num+ set as "Gun camera" or something like that. I don't remember how its called in game settings but it lets you swap between turret cam and your current camera instantly (way faster then flipping tru different cam settings. Makes you way better at dogfights)

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I also tried to change that button but there's no way to do that right now...

Which also means the mouse is just as awkward as Rctrl :(

Yeah I never use Right Ctrl to drop bombs... It's just too awkward for me as well.

Heres what I do:

When I fly I move my mouse in the right place (just below arrow keys) so that way I can press RMB with my Right Thumb (with my hand still on 8546). Thanks to that I can drop bombs with no problem and it's way easier then reaching for R_Ctrl.

A long time ago I also adjusted my controls to look something like this:

- I set Left_Shift / Left_Ctrl as my alternative buttons for num8 / num5 (So I can fly planes / Helis / Oppressor with one hand if needed)

- Planes JATO set as CapsLock. Cause of that I also had to change "online action" to something else (I set it to "\" cuz its between "shift" and "z" on my keyboard)

- Num+ set as "Gun camera" or something like that. I don't remember how its called in game settings but it lets you swap between turret cam and your current camera instantly (way faster then flipping tru different cam settings. Makes you way better at dogfights)

Cool!  I did all of this, but....  what about 4 and 8?  I can fly up or down in the air with shift and control now, yeah, but when it comes to rolling to either side.....

Piro
  • Piro

Pilot // The Lazlow Show fan

• Members
  • None
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Piro, 3 weeks ago.

Cool!  I did all of this, but....  what about 4 and 8?  I can fly up or down in the air with shift and control now, yeah, but when it comes to rolling to either side.....

Well I still mainly use 8546 but I can switch to Shift/Ctrl when I'm flying straight and I want to look around with a mouse or use my phone or somethin (also useful with Ultralight and oppressor)

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well I still mainly use 8546 but I can switch to Shift/Ctrl when I'm flying straight and I want to look around with a mouse or use my phone or somethin (also useful with Ultralight)

Yeah...  I had the ultralight, but I sold it, that thing handles super weird :c

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users