• WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:44 PM

aJjKAZV.png
"It's the classic game of cat and mouse. Except the mouse is an enormous Cold War bomber bristling with 50-cal turrets. And the cats get attack helicopters. The choppers will keep coming until they down the big ugly, and the teams switch sides. Winner is whoever lasts the longest on the run. Remember, the bigger they are..."
2 Teams | 4-8 Players

The gold mine of Russian memes. Bombushka Run is THE Adversary Mode for whenever you want to terrorize San Andreas in a Russian Cold War-era bomber while blasting funk-overloaded Boney M on the radio and screaming "cyka blyat" left and right to the enemies after you as you try to survive the meme onslaught with your ushanka, tracksuit pants, and quite apt "In Soviet Russia, seat ejects you" inscription within dark corners of the plane's interior.

Anyway, if you strive for realism then by all means scream "cyka blyat" through the mic. Chances are you'll get muted but not before having a chuckle at the situation. So, what to do? What to do? A Bombushka -the mouse- needs to survive, while the Buzzards -the cats- must hunt our poor mice down. Each team has a go at being the mouse and the cat as they have to get a high score while flying the 50 year old cargo brick. It's a simple concept. And, no, there are no memes.

AsWxqel.png

For starters, the mouse, the Bombushka, the angry Russians, the astronauts (illogically) if going by the outfits, the anyone, have to fly within the play area and avoid the Buzzards that are after the Bombushka. The Bombushka has enough health to take a beating but it's not waterproof or solid-wall-proof so there's that. You can land it wherever you like otherwise. Before the match you can set your preference - you can be either a gunner or the pilot. I was the pilot but don't tell anyone that I drowned the plane while attempting a barrel roll. The plane is equipped with JATO boost which will not only help you take off but also kill enemies. I'm serious. Land it somewhere, wait for a Buzzard to get low enough in front of you and then wooosh! Enemy obliterated without a scratch on you. The gunners get explosive rounds to use against the Buzzards. They are not insta-kill, though, from what I've seen it takes two-to-three shots to blow up a Buzzard with those. Any team within the Bombushka has to get some kind of a high score on their attempts. The score will not stack up with every attempt, so you might want to do your best before the others do.

q0WoBcW.png

Now onto the cats, the Buzzards, the angry people getting triggered over a communist aircraft in the skies, the- you get the point. All they have to do is try to destroy the Bombushka. The Buzzards are allowed to respawn themselves infinitely. If you die, you will respawn. If you get damaged, you can hold the "enter/exit vehicle" button to respawn. Now you may think "Buzzards? How is this fair for the Bombushka? LUL" - well, it is fair! You don't get missiles. Cannons only. Good luck! You'll need it. Especially when the Bombushka has competent gunners. This is where the free-aim crowd -or anyone remotely experienced with a Buzzard- is going to have an advantage. No high scores here. The only goal is to take out the Bombushka.

Kfd39GR.png

Due to my free time (a concept unheard of by real life) or its lack thereof, I've only played one map; Bombushka Run II. The first thing I've noticed were the giant orange stunt tubes which really stand out as a giant orange stunt tube should. It's fun flying the aerial apartment block at 5MPH through those. You can do some real cunning stunts as some of those tubes have enough clearance below them to let you pass without giving the dirt a french kiss. This particular map is set above Grand Senora Desert, Sandy Shores, and the Alamo Sea. The Bombushka takes off from the Sandy Shores airfield, while the Buzzards take off from the McKenzie Field in Grapeseed.

Aside from the presence of stunt props, there is not much else to say. It's still the same old map we had for the past four years, albeit with a limited play area.

I7zA51I.png

Unfortunately this is going to be plagued by quitters. Dear quitters, if you gotta quit - don't join in the first place. At the start of the second round the opposing team were left with just the pilot, completely unable to defend himself. Shoutouts to that one player who DIDN'T quit, though! Part of the quitter problem is caused by the fact that there is no time limit. Yes, you can fly indefinitely as long as your Bombushka is fine. At that rate if you don't win by a high score, you'll win by everyone leaving. I've had to drown myself on purpose every time my team got a decent score just so that we will not win because the opponents left. The "decent payouts" do not make it any more decent than having a short game and playing more maps.

Overall, if you enjoy flying and dogfighting the Bombushka you will probably enjoy this. Otherwise you're likely to waste your time, especially when the team offset is in the favor of your enemies. I like it for its simplicity, but it's just that.

CSzOPyN.png

• Gaffa™, saintsrow, ash-274 and 4 others like this

X15
  • X15

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:26 PM

I've seen gameplay, it looks like it would get boring after a while.
  • ShadowlessDevil likes this

APB
  • APB

GTA V PC MASTERRACE

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:39 PM

They should have already quit this bullsh*t

• askinnywhitedildo, BLACK DYNAM1TE, dieseltech20 and 3 others like this

No Homing
  • No Homing

QoQ

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

Tip: fly the Buzzard in first person with hood view.

Pro tip: don't play this sh*t. It sucks. Okay?

Also, f*ck Flylow FM.
  • Perez84, Karrecod, incognito32 and 5 others like this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:36 PM

its a fun game mode. but only if there is a full lobby. once people started leaving it got boring. and the pilot of the plane was not very good. the pay is ok. nothing amazing and nothing terrible. at least its something different. everyone always complains when we get a new on the ground shooting am.

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

Already posted in the other thread but might as well repost here:

Ok, so now I've played a few rounds...yep, Buzzards suck. This would have been incredibly fun with Molotoks, Nokotas, or the Pyro, but nope, they give us the same old helicopter that has been in the game since launch.

• Perez84, ShimmerDoll, ALifeOfMisery and 1 other like this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:40 PM

Basically the capture GTA:Wingmen with props and a bigger plane.

Not my cuppa tea.

Sir Golden Gecko
  • Sir Golden Gecko

Rasta Corp CEO

• Members
  • France

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:57 PM Edited by Sir Golden Gecko, 19 September 2017 - 10:59 PM.

My team and I, as pilot, started beating the enemy team's score and I suddenly got disconnected from everyone else. Fun.

But yeah this pretty much sounds like it's gonna get boring after a while. It's not the same kind of fun as that one mode (forgot the name) where you have to protect/stop a vehicle armed with a bomb.

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:05 PM Edited by nido997, 20 September 2017 - 06:05 AM.

it s okey ... not bad but not that good either ... could be fun sometimes though ...

I think the Buzzard is nerfed , it handles badly now ( gains/loses altitude very slow )

similarly
  • similarly

Crackhead

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:16 AM

The game mode looks like it could be fun with friends, but my biggest concern is that you can fly the bombushka, fully armed (apparently) in free roam.  Aren't there enough fighter jets, tanks and other military hardware already bombing the crap out of the map?  We really needed a bomber?

I think I'd rather the game stay a street-level crime game instead of this military chaos.

Perez84
  • Perez84

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:28 AM

Takes forever to complete a round.

Booooooring.

• PetrolheadSupreme likes this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:29 AM

I know many are gonna say, gee, what a stupid question, but how do you launch this game mode?

Silencer555
  • Silencer555

Accident Prone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:47 AM

The game mode looks like it could be fun with friends, but my biggest concern is that you can fly the bombushka, fully armed (apparently) in free roam.  Aren't there enough fighter jets, tanks and other military hardware already bombing the crap out of the map?  We really needed a bomber?

I think I'd rather the game stay a street-level crime game instead of this military chaos.

At least it's very weak. 3 Explosive rounds is all it takes to down one. 

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:50 AM Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 20 September 2017 - 12:51 AM.

I know many are gonna say, gee, what a stupid question, but how do you launch this game mode?

pause-> online -> jobs - > play job -> Rockstar created -> adversary mode

chose any of the bombushka runs

edit: easy way would be to wait for martin message

• gtafan26 likes this

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:51 AM Edited by delorianlazarus, 20 September 2017 - 12:53 AM.

^
Accept invite or go in activity menu, inside the Pause menu, you'll find it.

Great fun when both teams are full and ready to try. If someone goes AFK or leaves, you are in trouble.
Shoot the tail of the buzzards, you might break the tail rotor so it spins and loses control.
And don't finish black-smoking buzzards: it will fail in no time so it won't be a threat, and keeping the enemy player alive means preventing the enemy player to spawn back with a fresh buzzard.

Let them burn

Xiled
  • Xiled

The Truth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:55 AM

Its the worst rated adversary mode to date with its outstanding 30% rating even with double payouts. Hope this is a wake up call to rockstar that we don't want any more d*mn adversary modes.

Each map for bombushka run has more dislikes than amount of times a full game has been played. When people leave the job it counts as a dislike.

• saintsrow, Perez84, Shadowfennekin and 6 others like this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homie

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:06 AM

If someone goes AFK or leaves, you are in trouble.

Yeah, quitters. Second time playing this and my teammate quit the game.... again. 

But I survived 2 buzzards even without a gunner and eventually won. The key to win - altitude.

Don't waste your JATO on horizontal speed, aim straight high instead.

JATO will help you to raise your altitude in seconds, Buzzards simply can't do that, so they will stay below your level. You can also decrease the altitude pretty fast (faster than the buzzard I think).

Seek a prop, land on it, slow down and use JATO again.

2648ec11037c214be995d3559feeb912.jpg

1) JATO

2) Gain altitude, try to break distance

3) Straight down, turn altitude into velocity, break distance

3) Land -> Use Breaks

4) Wait for the buzzards

5) JATO. Repeat the cycle 

• DEADLY-BREED and kovaandr like this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:59 AM

pause-> online -> jobs - > play job -> Rockstar created -> adversary mode

chose any of the bombushka runs

edit: easy way would be to wait for martin message

Thank you

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:07 AM

It's a piece of sh*t

A boring piece of sh*t

I have never seen any videogame mode so boring in my entire life.

• No Homing, Silencer555, dieseltech20 and 2 others like this

ShadowlessDevil
  • ShadowlessDevil

Smiling is the way to solve many problems.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:48 AM

I've seen gameplay, it looks like it would get boring after a while.

i got bored 5 sec after it started. 

Still trying to find something nice to say about the adversary mode....

• Shadowfennekin and ALifeOfMisery like this

PetrolheadSupreme
  • PetrolheadSupreme

Are you feeling it now, Mr. Krabs?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:57 AM

My team and I, as pilot, started beating the enemy team's score and I suddenly got disconnected from everyone else. Fun.

But yeah this pretty much sounds like it's gonna get boring after a while. It's not the same kind of fun as that one mode (forgot the name) where you have to protect/stop a vehicle armed with a bomb.

The one you're thinking of is Hunting Pack. My personal favorite alongside Running Back and Sumo.

But yeah.

This sh*t is worse than Motor Wars.

Great Job, Cockstar!

tumblr_nxkwj6didh1rxdv1vo1_500.gif

• ALifeOfMisery likes this

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:19 AM Edited by delorianlazarus, 20 September 2017 - 11:19 AM.

Each time I see someone complaining, it think about the dozens of players happy to do something new in a 4 years old game.

And I start laughing :D

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:18 PM

Hideous.

I can deal with the slow plane that handles like a brick wall, I can deal with the buzzards cannons the issue I have though is a pretty big one...

It's broken. I don't know how but playing last night, one of the other team were constantly exiting the plane, committing suicide and spawning in a buzzard which pretty much gave them the advantage.

Not only that, it's so long and drawn out. It took over an hour for 1 match. In the end I got bored and left.

Why does the timer still go up when the second team beat the first teams score? It makes no sense. If team A get 350 and team B get 351 it should stop and give the win to team B, not carry on and drag it out for another four years.

Rhino hunt was bad, this is very close to being that bad.

it s okey ... not bad but not that good either ... could be fun sometimes though ...
I think the Buzzard is nerfed , it handles badly now ( gains/loses altitude very slow )

In the adversary mode, yes the Buzzard is different. I don't know why but I knew it felt different.

My accuracy with the buzzard MGs is pretty good, playing this I was all over the place. I can fly a buzzard through a tunnel without issue, last night, I could barely fly in a straight line.
  • Perez84 and nido997 like this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

What I always imagine is that during development, Rockstar devs test these game modes whilst all together on a LAN somewhere. The fun nature of all being together in one place to play the games masks the true crapness of them, and so they don't experience the reality of loads of randoms having to try at playing them remotely over the interweb.

• Beez, les999, Perez84 and 1 other like this

No Homing
  • No Homing

QoQ

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

Its the worst rated adversary mode to date with its outstanding 30% rating even with double payouts. Hope this is a wake up call to rockstar that we don't want any more d*mn adversary modes.

Each map for bombushka run has more dislikes than amount of times a full game has been played. When people leave the job it counts as a dislike.

They have to pay the next people on their stream extra $$$ to make them pretend they enjoy it. Lmao.

Chrome Toyota Prius
  • Chrome Toyota Prius

Gunrunning DCLXVI

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:45 PM

It's a piece of sh*t

A boring piece of sh*t

Overtime Shootout called. They want their title back.

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:52 PM

I rarely get headaches with this game but this just took the cake. Thank god it's my bday and I'll be getting Wildlands back today. Sick of Rockstar tbh. 

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

ѕуитн ¢ιту

• Daily Globe
  • Australia

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:57 PM

Yet to try this but after seeing all the posts here, Rockstar really are running out of ideas.

JustCallMeNiko
  • JustCallMeNiko

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

The general design and core concept are good imo but it needs to be refined and seems to have been poorly tested.

There needs to be some sort of time limit and no idea why they added the option for Attempts in the settings...you could just add more rounds if you want to play longer.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:42 PM

It's a piece of sh*t

A boring piece of sh*t

Overtime Shootout called. They want their title back.

No, that one at least had a timed ending.

This could be dragged on all day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users