Quantcast

» «
Photo

Smugglers not doing as well as previous updates?

45 replies to this topic
Smooth Longsack
  • Smooth Longsack

real long

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:07 PM Edited by Smooth Longsack, 21 September 2017 - 05:17 PM.

Even with double money added it wasn't worth doing the missions as they're all so tedious.

How about just playing as a cargo-bandit?

Wouldn't make you popular lol, but you would skip the missions.
I've been working on this with the ultralight. If i notice an organization is dropping cargo on their hangar, i try to ninja in on my glider. If i see they are driving a vehicle back i prox mine the road in and swoop down after the explosion and straight into my hangar. Granted this is a bit of a risky proposition due to the amount of armed aircraft that will notice you as soon as they get an unintentional lock on.

There is much to consider when trying to use the glider in combat. Also, it only takes one mkii explosion to take out the fragile craft. The payoff is almost nill but the satisfaction is quite near the pinnacle of what gta allows.

Edit- on topic, some times the anticipation is the most exciting part. The vehicles are mostly fun and add a balance to the game that wasn't there when all we had was the lazer. Now, the medium sized (the most deadly) aircraft are easily downed by the mkii HS explosive, whereas the small craft (moderately deadly) are a much harder target for ground snipers. This update adds the most balance to the game to date.

So, while the missions are meh... the juice is worth the squeeze. Lastly, the payouts are indeed trash and the update is the most expensive yet. C* moves in mysterious ways. I CBA to grind anymore and i think other veterans of the game are following suite or quit.
  • IamCourtney, Skeve613, Amy Vinewood and 2 others like this

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:42 PM

I think the dripfeed is the core cause for this. The hype before the DLC was quickly killed off when we realized how many things clearly shown in the trailers were not available, and how long it would take for all of it to show up. 

The playerbase knows by now how to easily find out about all the unreleased vehicles that are in the game but R* has chosen to keep locked. Combined with the sheer scale of things that have been put into dripfeed instead of being released when advertised, any player is perfectly justified in being frustrated.

How about just playing as a cargo-bandit?

Maybe it's just me, but I instantly pictured a Cargobob with a face mask swooping in and stealing someone's vehicle cargo

• Anasterian, R3CON, Xiled and 3 others like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:24 AM

I've been working on this with the ultralight. If i notice an organization is dropping cargo on their hangar, i try to ninja in on my glider. If i see they are driving a vehicle back i prox mine the road in and swoop down after the explosion and straight into my hangar. Granted this is a bit of a risky proposition due to the amount of armed aircraft that will notice you as soon as they get an unintentional lock on.

There is much to consider when trying to use the glider in combat. Also, it only takes one mkii explosion to take out the fragile craft. The payoff is almost nill but the satisfaction is quite near the pinnacle of what gta allows.

I've got to give that a go some time lol.

I mainly switch between two vehicles for it. The Havok is my sneakier one. It's small enough that I can just hide behind something, wait for someone to get killed (usually by AI), then I jump out, activate chaff, swoop in for the cargo.

Then there's the post-buff Savage - that's the brute force approach. I can kill whoever's holding the cargo myself then, plus it's strong enough to take a missile without too much trouble now.

The Hunter - now that'll be the best of both worlds. Brute force of the Savage, armour, and also countermeasures.

I do like the sound of the Ultralight though - just the thought of either you suddenly appearing on the radar and then vanishing, or even never being seen at all lol, would be awesome.

• Skeve613, Smooth Longsack and Amy Vinewood like this

junior731657
  • junior731657

Liberty City Secrets Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:41 AM

Hangars are on offer this week, seems R* know they've dropped a clanger with Smugglers Run... & are desperate to get people to buy into it... they need to do release something new... rather than just a reskin of past updates.. I know many of you like the PvP elements of it.. that's absolutely fine... each to their own, but also many prefer co-op stuff.. Though this may be wishful thinking, I'm guessing the next update will have PvE mission of some sort, it may be tied to some new property or an update to an existing one, but whatever.. I guess we'll only find out at the end of the SR vehicle dripfeed... I have yet to see anything I like.. except maybe the Hunter.. but then that's only for nostalgic reasons.. from when it was in GTA:VC :D

• Nossirag likes this

sausagenose
  • sausagenose

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:08 PM

Got somewhere to store my planes - check

Tried out all the supply missions - check

Sold a hangar full of supplies - check

Overpriced planes - check

Even more overpriced upgrades for already overpriced planes - check

Realised SR business is not worth wasting time on - check 

Bored of SR already - check

• junior731657, Jamwes and Nossirag like this

junior731657
  • junior731657

Liberty City Secrets Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

Got somewhere to store my planes - check

Tried out all the supply missions - check

Sold a hangar full of supplies - check

Overpriced planes - check

Even more overpriced upgrades for already overpriced planes - check

Realised SR business is not worth wasting time on - check 

Bored of SR already - check

Indeed.. #time4change :D

• sausagenose and Nossirag like this

GTAUrbanCamping
  • GTAUrbanCamping

Urban Camper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:20 AM

Honestly...I dont even knowbthe basis for SR.

xxi
  • xxi

• Members
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:23 AM

This update has killed GTAO for some people in my crew, I rarely see them play anymore.

• R3CON likes this

VulcanFanatic
  • VulcanFanatic

Long time GTA online player

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:31 AM Edited by VulcanFanatic, 29 September 2017 - 12:34 AM.

Requiring people to be in a public session to take part in the businesses is the biggest thing that is killing GTA online for about Everyone I know. The horrible payouts for the hangar missions makes the missions a waste of time unless your unlocking upgrades.Yes, the content appears to be overpriced but I don't care about that, I care about being able to do this sh*t without being bothered by random players in my session. I can grind and buy what ever I want, I just want to be able to play this sh*t in an invite only session with friends or by myself. If Rockstar wants to kill their own game, keep going the way your going. If you want players that will enjoy your game, stop making them miserable and let them play the damn game without a bunch of assholes bothering them constantly.
  • zoso80 likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:35 AM

^ Not really

It's the boring grind itself. I'd still feel the same even if I were doing this in solo public lobbies.

The games just become too money focused and stale now. What you said plays a factor too but it's not the main or most important reason IMO

VulcanFanatic
  • VulcanFanatic

Long time GTA online player

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:42 AM

^ Not really

It's the boring grind itself. I'd still feel the same even if I were doing this in solo public lobbies.

The games just become too money focused and stale now. What you said plays a factor too but it's not the main or most important reason IMO

It is for me and my friends. I don't mind the grind, I just don't want to have to worry about having to have other people I don't know in the session that I have to waste my time dealing with.
  • Verstappen likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:50 AM

^ True true

To each their own.

HonorableMan
  • HonorableMan

Praetor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:59 PM

I quite enjoy SR, actually. There's a lot of complaints about the money you make off it, the same we heard about Gunrunning, and I think that's just missing the point. The main point of Gunrunning missions was the research and discounts on vehicles. The main point of air-freight in this one is for the discounts. Once you've finished sucking all that potential out of your bunker, only then does it become a money-making enterprise. The hangar is better, I believe, because it makes money as it saves you money. If you're just looking to grind cash, we've got special cargo, import/export, and a multitude of MC businesses. That's what they're for. This newer stuff is to have fun with, to add new variety to the vehicles we can buy. It's not compulsory. If you like planes, SR is pretty damn great. Lots of well-balanced new stuff that doesn't immediately invalidate the old stuff, which is often a problem with DLC. If you don't like planes and don't want to bother, that's fine. There's nothing there you NEED to get to maintain your competitive edge. I can't understand why people seem to think they immediately need to get everything new just because it's new. Personally, I think car model years started it. Planned obsolescence is terrible, and has influenced everything since the '20s.

Tl;dr chill out, you don't need to buy everything. It's GTA. Have some damn fun with it. Want to shoot someone with a WWII rocket-powered interceptor? Awesome. Want to putter around town in a psychedelic van? Go ahead and do it, just stay a thousand feet away from the nearest school. It's about variety, it's about doing whatever, and being able to engage with other people also doing whatever.

• IamCourtney and idonknowhow like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

^ It would help if this update wasn't the most expensive one yet but has the least profitable business venture associated with it. Variety is one thing but getting paid adequately for the time and effort you put in is another thing entirely.
  • chef_archie and Hécate-II like this

HonorableMan
  • HonorableMan

Praetor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:19 PM

You're paid in the millions of dollars of discounts you get on the planes, and the hangar makes back what you've spent on it real quick, or at least it did for me (I did buy the cheapest one, so there is that.)

Anasterian
  • Anasterian

Harbinger of Revenge

• Members

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:20 PM

It's just hilariously bad on so many angles.

Extremely expensive. Basically copy pasted special cargo except it's always in the air. All the new vehicles require you to buy the Hangar. Terrible payouts. Insane dripfeed. 

And pricing is not just expensive, it's downright bullsh*t. 6.5 million for a Lazer? lmao wake me up when you offer the Lost Slamvan for 10 million  :lol:

• Rafae likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users