What's your Eleanor?

33 replies to this topic
jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

In the movie Gone in 60 Seconds, Roman Reins is a master car thief who has one particular ride that gives him the horrors every time he tries to boost one. Specifically the 1967 Shelby GT 500 Mustang, in the movie dubbed "Eleanor".
It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I distinctly remember Romans crew speaking of the issues he had encountered when trying to steal the iconic vehicle, including him once driving it off a pier into the ocean to avoid the police.

While not nearly as cinematic, I have my own Eleanor. For the life of me, I can't steal a T20 and get it to my warehouse without incurring at least 10k worth of damages. I swear the car is cursed. It is a magnet for both bullets and NPC traffic. The last time I stole one, I think an NPC with a pistol was still hitting me from two miles away where I had taken it from. This was after a drive that reminded me of another movie where the bad guy hacks all the self drive cars and they come pouring out of the upper floors of a parking garage like four wheeled zombies. And not shambling, George Romero zombies, but the really scary Olympic sprinter ones like from World War Z.
I can't be alone in having that one car that always gives me problems.

Duckdude001
  • Duckdude001

Big fanatic of trucks/offroaders and military vehicles.

• Members
  • Canada
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Duckdude001, 4 weeks ago.

When I steal someone's Pegasus vehicle it always gets recalled a min later :(
  • Nossirag and jwdrinkwaterjr like this

Darekl92
  • Darekl92

Snitch

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

X80, hate to steal it, it got awful brakes. 90% ends up damaged.

• sleepwalk1980 and jwdrinkwaterjr like this

PwnageSoldier
  • PwnageSoldier

Commander of Wolf Operations

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by PwnageSoldier, 4 weeks ago.

I don't steal this vehicle, but my Eleanor is the Alpha Z1. I can't maneuver it at all, it's a really hard feat for me ATM. Most attempts cause me to bail out or crash head first into the pavement =\
  • jwdrinkwaterjr likes this

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

My eleanor is my rocket bike. I've died on that thing more times in 1 day than I've ever died playing gta from day 1. 

• Randoom., dead goon, PwnageSoldier and 1 other like this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 4 weeks ago

My Eleanor is the Dominator Classic.

Impossible to steal as it is non existent.

Btw his name was Randall Reins.
  • EVOLUT7ON, gta forum user, ibsmokin and 6 others like this

BoxiestSumo
  • BoxiestSumo

Reckless Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's not a car, but it's the Frogger chopper at Vespucci Helipad, which flies away if you arrive too noisy or fast. It's quite annoying to get when you are a low rank and you can't afford a heli.

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 4 weeks ago

The Tyrus, Its a bad jojo. Its fragile, loose, doesn't hook into the Cargobob from the first or 5 tries, show up with a missing door half the time & the mission always goes bad.

HonorableMan
  • HonorableMan

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

In the early days, a Granger. I wanted one so my crew could hang off the sides of it. Every time I saw one in the streets I'd drop everything to take it. Every single time I'd get shot dead by cops, bombed by another player... one time I got hit by a Luxor someone had bailed out of. It took me forever to steal and successfully garage one.

• BoxiestSumo and jwdrinkwaterjr like this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

In the movie Gone in 60 Seconds, Roman Reins is a master car thief who has one particular ride that gives him the horrors every time he tries to boost one. Specifically the 1967 Shelby GT 500 Mustang, in the movie dubbed "Eleanor".
It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I distinctly remember Romans crew speaking of the issues he had encountered when trying to steal the iconic vehicle, including him once driving it off a pier into the ocean to avoid the police.

Why does the remake get more love than the original? The first film's chase sequences kicked the remakes' ass.

But mine is the Phoenix. I regularly use it out of everything I own which results in it being filled with bullets, no tires, blown up, impounded and I die in it a lot since it has no armor.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Pedinhuh, 4 weeks ago.

Has to be the DREADED ALBANY ROOSEVELT.

Arrgh, that sh*t is slow, clumsy and has bad brakes.

Everything it comes up I try to airlift it because f*ck driving that sh*t, I know it's a 20's car, but I prefer to drive a Mamba than this dammed thing!
  • nido997 and jwdrinkwaterjr like this

Ruskiturbo
  • Ruskiturbo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

For me it was the Hardtop variant of Manana.
Before I was able to get it in my garage, I had choked around 4 times, and everytime spent alot of time trying to find the spawn wave.
First time the spawnwave was too short for hardtops to spawn so I gave up that time.
Second time was during a 16x playlist on Potshot, saw Mananas spawning on the desert highway, took one and drove it all the way to my nearest garage (around 5 min drive), right as I was about to get it to my garage, my game froze and I lost it.
Third time I choked it j ust because I found it in public lobby and it gor blown up.
Fourth time I found it from public lobby again, but me and everyone in the lobby got TP'd by a modder and lost it, but asked the modder to spawn the roofed manana back, and got it back that way, so it was pretty much half-choke.
Since then I havent sold it, and most likely wont sell it ever, just because the pain it is to find with my hidious car spawning luck.

gnomefromnome
  • gnomefromnome

to each his gnome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by gnomefromnome, 4 weeks ago.

Oh yes, the Mamba. Spins tires on take off, and it's handling is not one to have if you're trying to escape the tractor beam guided NPC vehicles that chase you with laser accurate weapons.

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by nido997, 4 weeks ago.

Everything it comes up I try to airlift it because f*ck driving that sh*t, I know it's a 20's car, but I prefer to drive a Mamba than this dammed thing!

mine too : the Roosevelt AND the Mamba ! always prepare myself for 10k damage stealing these ....

my record was 30k damage with the roosevelt ... guess which car was 2nd AND 3rd: the roosevelt again with around 20k ....

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 4 weeks ago

Why does the remake get more love than the original?

Probably just because it's a 67 Shelby GT500.

Spoiler

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Oh yes, the Mamba. Spins tires on take off, and it's handling is not one to have if you're trying to escape the tractor beam guided NPC vehicles that chase you with laser accurate weapons.

f*cking hate that thing...  I hate sourcing it, I hate delivering it, I want its ugly ass out of my import/export database!

• nido997 and jwdrinkwaterjr like this

Daedalheidis
  • Daedalheidis

#coloredstockrimsexuality

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Brickade. Trying everything I can to get it inside of my hangar but no luck.

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by jwdrinkwaterjr, 4 weeks ago.

My Eleanor is the Dominator Classic.

Impossible to steal as it is non existent.

Btw his name was Randall Reins.

Yeah, Idk I had the flu yesterday. I think Roman Reins is an MMA fighter from Boston.

EDIT. Wait. Roman Reins is a character from WWE. I think idk.
  • Mach1bud likes this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
    Coolest Member 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

Why does the remake get more love than the original?

Probably just because it's a 67 Shelby GT500.

Spoiler

Yeah, the car is just much cooler, not to mention the first movie is basically just a random mess of a movie, even in 1974 when it released it wasn't on par with other movies.

No denying the car chase was epic though.
  • Pedinhuh likes this

Garland137
  • Garland137

Homie

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Next time you steal one, don't sell it. My garage is currently at 73% and I'm guaranteed to get a Mamba, Stirling GT, or Z-type. The Roosevelt annoys me because of how heavy it is. The Cargobob is barely able to lift it.

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Next time you steal one, don't sell it. My garage is currently at 73% and I'm guaranteed to get a Mamba, Stirling GT, or Z-type. The Roosevelt annoys me because of how heavy it is. The Cargobob is barely able to lift it.
When I sourced the Roosevelt I drove it for about 2 seconds before I decided I'd never source one again.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
    Coolest Member 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

Interestingly the Roosevelt is one of my favorite cars to steal. Nice easy drive back to the garage.

Coninefan
  • Coninefan

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Not a source car, but the FQ2.

Every single time I steal it I get s 2-star wanted level. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Wait, there was one time I forgot about where I didn't get a 2-star. I only got one star because I stole it in front of a cop...who immediately shot me dead.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah, the car is just much cooler, not to mention the first movie is basically just a random mess of a movie, even in 1974 when it released it wasn't on par with other movies.

No denying the car chase was epic though.

Pretty much the plot was an excuse plot at best since the entire point of the film was for a large chase. I feel like the remake was trying too hard to add plot in that it undermined why the first was even made in the first place. 

Just kinda annoyed that the remake is brought up more even though it seems rather average at best.

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Interestingly the Roosevelt is one of my favorite cars to steal. Nice easy drive back to the garage.

Idk, it might be different for me if I thought I could actually get a source with the Roosevelt that didn't involve being chased by multiple car loads of NPCs and helicopters. That's just my own sh*t luck though.

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Not a source car, but the FQ2.

Every single time I steal it I get s 2-star wanted level. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Wait, there was one time I forgot about where I didn't get a 2-star. I only got one star because I stole it in front of a cop...who immediately shot me dead.

*Distant Simeon laughter*

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by tommyguns, 4 weeks ago.

Haven't incurred more than 3k damages in months.

I noticed something last night, I got my first offshore sourcing since smugglers came out. Apparently it wasn't enough for R* to just keep Jacking up the NPC's firepower. For the first time in months I got the east coast sourcing, for some reason, every off shore I've been given for a long time, has been the zancudo one.

Anyway, I drop the car off at the power station, land, and take cover. I kill, 1, 2, 3, waves of buzzards & then head back to my cargobob....only for a fourth wave to appear!!

Oh how I miss the days when you could just keep climbing, In a hover over the sourcing site, only setting off when the buzzards appeared, and that little tactic allowed you to fly all the way back with no damage. The gunrunning update ended that, if you tried it the buzzards cut you down in no time. So I found good areas to set the car down, take cover, and kill the 3 waves of buzzards, before collecting the car again & flying back. And every single time I did that, it was THREE!!! waves of buzzards, but now we have four. We gonna get a half dozen waves next update R*? Or maybe you could have Godzilla burst out of the sea & eat our cargobob's when we try to lift the car?

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

^^^ Godzilla with homing swarm missles launcher on his head.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
    Coolest Member 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

Idk, it might be different for me if I thought I could actually get a source with the Roosevelt that didn't involve being chased by multiple car loads of NPCs and helicopters. That's just my own sh*t luck though.

Ah I just get out and kill all 3-5 waves of enemies and then drive to the garage.

nmk111
  • nmk111

Playa

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 4 weeks ago

why dont you just keep the cars, that you dont like to steal, in the warehouse?  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users