RM-10 Bombushka Plane and Bombushka Run Mode Now in GTA Online

149 replies to this topic
ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

BOOM. DOWN. OWNED.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Jets used to be crap now I enjoy seeing them. Cops are still crap. So is insurance.
  • gtafan26, TheKingChivas and Nossirag like this

PS-GTAIVplayer
  • PS-GTAIVplayer

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by PS-GTAIVplayer, 4 weeks ago.

Kinda stupid, but dem feelz, and maybe R* will give it nuclear weapons.

JakeSmooth
  • JakeSmooth

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by JakeSmooth, 4 weeks ago.

Worst gametype I've played as people keep quitting early. I've yet to finish a game with max players. There's no excuse for this unsporting behaviour but it could be prevented in a number of ways:
- Punish players who quit early. I know there are other games that ban people from playing multiplayer for frequently quitting. GTA should do the same.
- This game mode should have a max time limit so that games don't last too long. A really good Bombushka team can make rounds last way too long. Limit the rounds so that people don't get bored.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy this game type. But the early quits just make it unplayable.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Worst gametype I've played as people keep quitting early. I've yet to finish a game with max players. There's no excuse for this unsporting behaviour but it could be prevented in a number of ways:
- Punish players who quit early. I know there are other games that ban people from playing multiplayer for frequently quitting. GTA should do the same.
- This game mode should have a max time limit so that games don't last too long. A really good Bombushka team can make rounds last way too long. Limit the rounds so that people don't get bored.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy yhis game type. But the early quits just make it unplayable.

People shouldn't be punished for quitting sh*t game modes.

It is C*'s fault for forcing them onto the playerbase. It is the only double money thing this week, so naturally people will be trying it out and quitting after seeing how slow, dull, boring and just general sh*tty it is.

I can't wait for them to do a stream on this. I just want to see how they can possibly fake having a good time enjoying this steaming turd of a game mode

• Lupo-Akane likes this

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Soldier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 4 weeks ago

Bombushka run is crap. Hopefully those morons that say I never say anything negative about GTAO read this.

Someone get this man to the hospital, he may be really ill. I'm only joking Rage
  • Shadowfennekin, Jenkiiii and ragedandcaged like this

JakeSmooth
  • JakeSmooth

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy yhis game type. But the early quits just make it unplayable.

People shouldn't be punished for quitting sh*t game modes.

It is C*'s fault for forcing them onto the playerbase. It is the only double money thing this week, so naturally people will be trying it out and quitting after seeing how slow, dull, boring and just general sh*tty it is.

I can't wait for them to do a stream on this. I just want to see how they can possibly fake having a good time enjoying this steaming turd of a game mode

Opinions on the gamemode aside, quitters and frequently-idle players should still be punished because they ruin games for others. I happen to think the game mode is quite fun. Yet out of all the gamemodes I've tried, this has been the least enjoyable simple because people keep quitting or being idle (the worst game I had was when my pilot was idle). And with just one unmanned turret, your enamies will have an easy spot to shoot you from, making the game heavily one-sided. Quitting ruins games for others. Halo 3 and oter shooters had the right idea when frequent quitters would be temporarily banned from matchmaking. Even if you don't enjoy the gametype, be a good sportsman and stick out until the end; you searched for the match so gosh darn finish it.

So, I guess this surpasses Rhino Hunt in terms of how much it sucks???

NO...
Rhino hunt is MUCH worse.
In Rhino hunt the team wich gets the Rhino first wins...
In this AM you just have to hope you have a good team.
I have won as the dune buggy. But only twice.

Well, at least players used to stick to the end of rounds in that one, no?

In this one everyone not flying in the airplane quits before the round ends, it's ridiculous.

I know right. It would be nice if the seats would be mixed around on each round. However, that might deter the more competative teams who want to assign a player as a pilot.

• Nossirag likes this

Madhorse
  • Madhorse

Rat

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 4 weeks ago

I still don't think you should force people to like the new mode and stick till the end when they hate it. It's even more frustrating if the host puts multiple rounds because of double money. I played it today and quit after finding out it does not have anything to offer me except annoyance.

First I was on the attacking team which was such bs, mostly because it's extremely annoying dying over and over again. Also, my shooting skills with the buzzard are a bit rusty since I hardly use the machine guns.

After that I was in the plane. The pilot decides to fly it against the mountains and do stupid sh*t to get us all killed. That was it for me. If they can't show good sportsmanship to even try to fly straight with the plane, I'm out.

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I really wish I could turn the damn filter off for the gun cameras.  Last time I was the Valkyrie gunner in the Humane Labs finale I paused and it somehow got rid of that filter and my eyes were ecstatic.  It sucks to try to shoot at dime-sized Buzzards when I'm looking through a 1994 Quickcam's feed

connectix_quickcam.jpg

• Gridl0k and Silencer555 like this

pptz84
  • pptz84

Peon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 4 weeks ago

The idea of this game mode sounded appealing to me. However it turns out to be crap. 

Indeed the leaving of ppl is annoying, but that's probably because it's fkn boring. 

One time I played, it looked like it was bugged: Me and my bro were shooting the plane for ages, but it wasn't damaged at all. 

If not the best pilot, but not that bad... Anyone else experienced that?

Don't think I'll touch it again. Probably take a pause and be back after the dripfeed ;-)

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I actually find it to be amazingly fun despite it flaws if... if you are on the winning team. Otherwise, yeah, it sucks. It sucks even with a good team if the pilot is sh*t. I rage quit if anybody keeps landing so the can refill JATO. JATO isn't going to help us you little jackass, a steady f*cking will though!!
  • Alvarez and PicardsBong like this

Ron Horse
  • Ron Horse

What're you doin', givin' birth?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Played a bunch of rounds of this to grind some cash, pretty bored of it already though.  Sucks being stuck as gunner round after round with fidgety, unpredictable pilots making it impossible to hit anything.

DarkFlame588
  • DarkFlame588

Yellow Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by DarkFlame588, 4 weeks ago.

First match of this sh*te.

Join lobby, 4 attempts and 4 rounds, not off to a great start.

My team is 3 to opp's 4. Perfect.

In buzzards first, one member AFK, so now it is 2 v a fully functioning opp team.

They make it quite far, I die a lot. Finally they crash and die.

I'm pilot now. Plane spawns with 1/5th health already missing.

Only one man on gun, 4 buzzards shredding me.

Make it pretty far surprisingly, enemy buzzard flys in front of me, I hit it, gone goes the last bit of health.

New attempt, [up, x, square, x] Nope.

f*ck this sh*te.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah there's a bug where if you ditch the plane into the water the next round starts with the same amount of damage, or something.

I quit after 2 rounds, and I usually never do that, this was that frustrating.

And f*ck THE CONSOLE CONTROLS.

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Thug

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 weeks ago

Bombushka vs Molotoks, or vs Rogues , might have been more interesting: give us the use of the new planes, with a big speed difference so it is actually harder, and with a limited time. Or a place to land the plane to trigger the win for the Bombushka: being forced to lose sooner or later is a bit weird.
  • Alvarez likes this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Can't you make a vehicles DM with all of those..?

Starkoji
  • Starkoji

Stuck in virtual clouds, literally.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Starkoji, 4 weeks ago.

No doubt one of the worst modes ever created and released.  :facedesk:

• Shadowfennekin likes this

Remapped
  • Remapped

i hate post op vans

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

What's the difference between bombushka run and a knife???

The knife has a point.
  • Shadowfennekin and Crazy_Cico007 like this

Rashkovskys Shiv
  • Rashkovskys Shiv

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Just played my first and last Bombushka run.
Team was 3 each a side,with me as the Bombuska pilot.We completely destroyed the other team,their pilot kept crashing,and they failed miserably and left.

I got $40k.

So much potential wasted on that game mode.
  • Alvarez and Shadowfennekin like this

The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

There is a gun to your head, you have 10 seconds to say something nice about the Bombushka, GO.

I'd rather get shot and die than play that sh*t and fly that airplane again.
it's big

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by REXX, 4 weeks ago.

Flew my mates fully upgraded one today. Still doesn't appeal to me what so ever. Best I can do to it is shove a Bomb in its Ushka and blow the mafaka up!

I will admit though, with the right people its an absolute killing machine.
  • Lupo-Akane likes this

Lucius M. Galloway
  • Lucius M. Galloway

Blood God

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Lucius M. Galloway, 3 weeks ago.

Big_Show
  • Big_Show

GTAO Junkie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

IMO it's just too damn slow even with all the upgrades and could do with a little more armor.  I've picked a couple off with the explosive rounds, they just can't get close to you. 

I think the only way to fly this thing, is close to the ground so you can get some cover from structures. otherwise you're just a monster floating duck just waiting to be shot out of the sky. 

best fun for me was a ghosted bombing raid with two gunners aboard. Mwahahahahaha!

Schumy7
  • Schumy7

Social Club number 1 World Rankings.

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago

Any dripfeed?

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 3 weeks ago

Any dripfeed?

Probably another hour or so.

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hopefully they don't skip a week because of the RDR2 hubbub..

Schumy7
  • Schumy7

Social Club number 1 World Rankings.

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago

The howard is added
  • Gridl0k and AUScowboy like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Thank baby Jesus.

Cheesy_wotsit
  • Cheesy_wotsit

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

^ You forgot landing it on your yacht, and Maze Bank tower (one's a lot easier than the other..)

Then you're about done yeah. But f*ck it, I own a cold war bomber (in nuclear-flash-proof white too)

also it's fun with mates, bet a good crew could dominate a lobby.

Sorry their is no metric by which any level of crew good or otherwise is going to dominate a lobby using this thing. It has two offensive weapons. The first being the bombs which are no better in strength or capacity than any of the other bombers added to the disadvantage that you are flying one of the slowest least mobile and maneuverable aircrafts in the game. I doubt you would even need a homing launcher to take an effective shot at one of these things from the ground, a plain RPG or explosive sniper would do the job no problem.

It's second offensive capability the explosive machine guns have limited range, limited rotational fire and are too slow in both their fire rate and their turn rate to make them effective against anything coming at them from the air. A semi skilled pilot in a Hydra could outclimb this thing attack it on a straight dive with homing launchers kill it and be gone before the crew on board the Bombushka had a clue what was going on, and that's someone who isn't using Ghost Recon, evasive approach maneuvers and the Hydra's explosive cannon.

JustCallMeNiko
  • JustCallMeNiko

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

This game mode is utterly frustrating... It feels like no testing went into it at all...each time I play it I see new bugs or holes in its design which would be apparent to anyone testing the game for even just a few rounds.

And why multiple maps?? They are all pretty much the same since you're flying. Just make 1 or 2 maps and put more time into designing and TESTING them.

End rant.

PicardsBong
  • PicardsBong

Lazy Astronaut

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I actually find it to be amazingly fun despite it flaws if... if you are on the winning team. Otherwise, yeah, it sucks. It sucks even with a good team if the pilot is sh*t. I rage quit if anybody keeps landing so the can refill JATO. JATO isn't going to help us you little jackass, a steady f*cking will though!!

THIS, SO MUCH THIS.

And, these morons don't realize that when they land, if there's someone on the nose turret, it boots them out of the gun cam. So then they're down a gunner, and the buzzards tear the plane apart even quicker.

Don't f*cking land, Pilots. Stay high and go the other way when choppers start firing at you. Crazy idea right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users