Photo

Buildable Safehouses

5 replies to this topic
Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Safehouses are a staple in the Gta series, from Niko's grubby Bohan apartment to Tommy's mansion every game has them. In V you unlock them as the story progresses, Franklin gets his Vinewood Hills home and Trevor has a place to crash at the Vanilla Unicorn. San Andreas takes a different approach with multiple safehouses across the map which can be yours is you have the cash.

My question is would you like to see buildable safehouses in the next Gta? Buy a plot of land in the country or a site in the city. Choose how it looks inside and out, a warm and cozy cabin in the country of a mansion with twenty foot high gates.

Would you consider this a worthwhile addition to the game or is it something that would take away focus away from more important aspects of the game? If you were to implement this feature how would you go about it?

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by ViceOfLiberty, 4 weeks ago.

Safehouses are a staple in the Gta series, from Niko's grubby Bohan apartment to Tommy's mansion every game has them. In V you unlock them as the story progresses, Franklin gets his Vinewood Hills home and Trevor has a place to crash at the Vanilla Unicorn. San Andreas takes a different approach with multiple safehouses across the map which can be yours is you have the cash.

My question is would you like to see buildable safehouses in the next Gta? Buy a plot of land in the country or a site in the city. Choose how it looks inside and out, a warm and cozy cabin in the country of a mansion with twenty foot high gates.

Would you consider this a worthwhile addition to the game or is it something that would take away focus away from more important aspects of the game? If you were to implement this feature how would you go about it?

I think it's a waste of dev time and disk space. A scaleable criminal enterprise where you can buy different things to put INSIDE a safehouse may be okay. Even at that I think it's a step into the sims niche which is really pointless. I'd focus that dev time on just having a variety of criminal activities to get into in freeroam. 

• universetwisters, Neon_Dreaming and DOUGL4S1 like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago

Maybe not a buildable safehouse per say, but something similar to how yatchs, clubhouses, offices, etc. in GTA:Online work would already be good enough, choosing the color or design on walls, some furniture, the color or material of details, etc.

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Neon_Dreaming, 4 weeks ago.

I think it's a waste of dev time and disk space. A scaleable criminal enterprise where you can buy different things to put INSIDE a safehouse may be okay. Even at that I think it's a step into the sims niche which is really pointless. I'd focus that dev time on just having a variety of criminal activities to get into in freeroam. 

Yeah I was edging towards that opinion too, if it took away from the core gameplay it would be a no from me, maybe a dlc similar to how Skyrim implemented houses in the Hearthfire dlc would be a decent compromise. That way it wouldn't interfere with gameplay as it would come out after the game had been released.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think it would be cool if we had some customising options like in Scarface with Tony's mansion, but only to that extent I feel would be more realistic.
  • Verdant, Neon_Dreaming and Good Hombre like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago

No! I wanna play Grand Theft Auto, not Tonka Construction 2!

• ViceOfLiberty likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users