Photo

Norton Flagged LeFix Speedo - Now I can't get it to run

3 replies to this topic
ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by ChiroVette, 4 weeks ago.

Hey all!

This happened to me once before where LeFix Speedometer just stopped working. This time Norton flagged it, for some reason as a Reputation issue. TWICE. Both times today I told Norton to ignore the file, and even though the .asi file is in my main game directory the speedometer no longer loads.

Any idea what's going on with this? I am going to go to the Mod site now and I may try re downloading the mod and installing it as if it was new.

Edit: okay this is odd. Now I reinsalled the mod, turns out there was an update in the July that just passed. Now I get this error message when I load the game. Oh and important to note is that I have been playing the game since the last update of Scripthook V and the speedometer has been working just fine, oddly enough. Not sure why Norton just decided to flag it now or why it won't load even though I reinstalled the newer version.

Le_Fix.png

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

-snip-

Simple

1. Stop using Norton

2. Make the file extention exemption

1bf1db2afe18396af30f71801aa44134.png

3. Install Updated Version Of Scripthook that was updated after the Smuggler Run DLC in August

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

-snip-

Simple

1. Stop using Norton

2. Make the file extention exemption

1bf1db2afe18396af30f71801aa44134.png

3. Install Updated Version Of Scripthook that was updated after the Smuggler Run DLC in August

Well, I like Norton, and it has never cause a problem with this game, or any game I have played on my computer, for that matter. I don't think its the problem as I get this issue even if I turn Norton off. Additionally, I couldn't add an exclusion to Windows Defender since it is inactive and I already added the LeFixSpeedo.asi to the list of programs for Noron to ignore.

I already have the latest ScripthookV, by the way, since before I had this problem. This is an odd and very new problem, though. But what is weird is I remember it also happening once a year or so back, and I think it sort of self-resolved somehow. Weirder still is sometimes the Speedometer mod loads without a problem now, but rarely.

ikt
  • ikt

_

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

LeFix Speedometer hasn't gotten an official working update for 1180 yet (Smuggler's Run), so this might cause the crashes. I posted a link to a build of mine in the comments for that speedometer, which should work.

As for antivirus programs, ditch Norton. Has it caught stuff you would've executed?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users