Quantcast

» «
Photo

[GTAO] The Friendship Thread

39 replies to this topic

Poll: [GTAO] The Friendship Thread (113 member(s) have cast votes)

How many friends that play GTAO?

1. 1-3 (27 votes [23.89%])

Percentage of vote: 23.89%

2. 4-8 (31 votes [27.43%])

Percentage of vote: 27.43%

3. 9-15+ (42 votes [37.17%])

Percentage of vote: 37.17%

4. None. I have no friends. (13 votes [11.50%])

Percentage of vote: 11.50%

Are your friends from real life or online only?

1. Real life friends only (15 votes [13.27%])

Percentage of vote: 13.27%

2. Online friends only (44 votes [38.94%])

Percentage of vote: 38.94%

3. A mix of both real life friends and online friends (45 votes [39.82%])

Percentage of vote: 39.82%

4. Neither. I have no friends. (9 votes [7.96%])

Percentage of vote: 7.96%

Is your experience playing with friends mostly positive or negative?

1. Positive (75 votes [66.37%])

Percentage of vote: 66.37%

2. Negative (2 votes [1.77%])

Percentage of vote: 1.77%

3. A little of both (22 votes [19.47%])

Percentage of vote: 19.47%

4. Neither, really, we just play (6 votes [5.31%])

Percentage of vote: 5.31%

5. Neither. I have no friends. (8 votes [7.08%])

Percentage of vote: 7.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote
fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Alrighty. So currently, almost none of my friends in real life play it anymore except for one. The rest would be online friends.

Friends? It's a mix between real friends and online friends with online friends outweighing the real ones.

How many? I have like maybe 1, and that's my best friend that I truly feel as a real friend. The friends that my best friend would bring at his birthday parties would be like I know that person and that's it. Basically just acquaintances. Same if it was my cousin's friends except the friendship is a bit deeper than that at an acquaintance level. Now for online friends, it's more, and still to this day I'm open to making more online friends somewhat than doing it in real life. Mostly, I'm not open to making friends in real life and online. So it's rare for me to be open about it.

My experience? Well it's mostly just play. Neither of us make an effort to further the friendship. We may message each other back and forth a little bit more which symbolizes the furthering in the friendship in some fashion. It's more positives that outnumber the negatives. Strange negatives for me would be when I get added by somebody as a friend, and they unfriend me right after or a few days later for a nonsensical reason whatsoever. And I communicate with at least one of them by mic. Another would be when this "online friend" try to dodge me anyway they can. Hopping to the next session, or moving as far away from me as possible in a Heist or a Mission. I wasn't even hostile when we added each other. Which leaves me to figure it out rather to ask why for each online friends that use to be friends with me.

What I'm labeled as? If there were more label options that you labeled your friends, I would be the ChillyMcChillz in some sort of fashion. Lol. Except it's rare for me when everyone gets excited when they see me join. I'm labeled as that, and labeled as a Loner or a Lone Wolf.

In conclusion, I'll have to say that this is one hella interesting thread, op . I enjoyed this thread a lot. And I'm pretty sure others will too.

After stepping away from this forum for a few months, your reply just really made my day. Very kind, generous words. Thank you for that. Cheers! :)

• Cackling Jack, AfroKloud and Sanches like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Happy Hunter, 3 weeks ago.

I'm probably too much of a lone wolf at the moment. I suppose I get used to things, don't really mix stuff up enough. Part of me also is wary of making any friendships based around the game too big, since there's no telling how long I'll stay interested in the game.

(I overthink things sometimes :p ).

Doesn't help that some of my favourite people aren't on my platform.

(Give us cross-platform play already Rockstar/Microsoft/Sony, I wanna play with Kushology and Amy Vinewood).

• fw3, Rafae and kenmy13999 like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by DemonicSpaceman, 3 weeks ago.

Chameleon - I can lone wolf it, I can play as a crew. I prefer as a crew though.

My entire crew (9 or 10 people now I think) except for one person are real world friends. The one who isn't was a random from a heist.

I guess being real world friends etc. helps a lot with the crew stuff.

There are friends on my list, or followers to be honest (I don't return the requests often) who play GTA but I don't count them as I don't play with them.
  • fw3 likes this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:537__K/D:17.25 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by HARBUJAHN, 3 weeks ago.

When gta V first came out quite a few of my mates played it but i got separated from them due to multiple bad sport sentences, by the time i was out all had gave up and moved on. So for the next few years i was a lone wolf. Recently joined the forum crew,added and still adding members (feel free to send request crew members,ally's) 

Best move ive made in a long time still learning who the allys are but getting there :) my gta friends now are people that share the same passion for gta as i do , i can't see this changing any time soon

Still a lone wolf and loose cannon at heart but when it comes down to backing up crew members,friends the opposition has got a problem :) not a nice one either lol

• fw3, Rafae, kenmy13999 and 1 other like this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

None, I have no friends

• fw3 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Best move ive made in a long time still learning who the allys are but getting there :) my gta friends now are people that share the same passion for gta as i do , i can't see this changing any time soon

I think that's the way to be. Like any relationship, though, there are those that seem to just work fluidly, while others have annoyances or tensions.

Playing with a chatterbox can be unnerving. Or that guy who just screws up all the time. The constant AFK. The Eater. Stoner. Drunk. Racist. Jerk.

I've experienced them all in my previous crews, and that's why I prefer going solo now. I can't tolerate the ignorant banter, blame, and attitudes.

• HARBUJAHN likes this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:537__K/D:17.25 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by HARBUJAHN, 3 weeks ago.

I think that's the way to be. Like any relationship, though, there are those that seem to just work fluidly, while others have annoyances or tensions.

Playing with a chatterbox can be unnerving. Or that guy who just screws up all the time. The constant AFK. The Eater. Stoner. Drunk. Racist. Jerk.

I've experienced them all in my previous crews, and that's why I prefer going solo now. I can't tolerate the ignorant banter, blame, and attitudes.

Gtaf crew is the first proper crew ive joined, its a whole new experience for myself actually working along crew members and not just randoms i want to just finish a mission with as fast as possible :)  Early days for me to judge yet but we all have are flaws,all human.

Im far from perfect as far as missions go lol i go charging in like rambo on meth,you can guarantee myself to blow the cover and all hell breaks loose :D

I fall into the stoner category definitely 

• fw3, Rafae, R3CON and 1 other like this

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I have a couple real life friends and a couple online crew friends that play. For the longest time I was ok playing solo. Lately though, I have almost no interest playing this game unless my friends are on and they have been on less and less lately. I wonder what could've happened about 3 weeks ago to change our play habits...

Playing with friends will always have the same potential for friend drama as anything else in life. Friend 1 doesn't care for friend 2. Friend 3 prefers taking their time while friend 4 must grind at maximum efficiency. Stuff like that. The trick is getting the right like minded players together. Or to pick your battles by following the play style of the friend you're playing with and not include other friends who have completely different play styles.
  • fw3 and -LN- like this

BlanketmanNOR
  • BlanketmanNOR

Snitch

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 3 weeks ago

All of the above. But then I finally found a crew I liked and fit in with. Invited those of my friends who appeared to be crew players. Some fit on others dont.

Online multiplayer can be social or anti-social. It's just a game. Playing the players and so on.

I hardly ever play with friends anymore. Crew first. But I do help out if old friends need it and crew is relaxing.
  • fw3 likes this

Melkor1993
  • Melkor1993

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Italy

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think those types of people can kinda be nice to play with or not at all.

Stoner guys for an example can just show their 420 pride and be slow at learning new things but still eager to do so, or they can be sh*theads that probably logged in by accident, unaware of ANYTHING.

ruiner 2017 can be that great guy covering your ass in freeroam because he is a great killer, or he can be that sh*thead killing everyone including ppl from his friendlist while rather thinking he is good at the game, when he just aint.

Ect...
  • fw3 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users