Hangars: LSIA or Fort Zancudo?

27 replies to this topic
T.P. Enterprises 380
  • T.P. Enterprises 380

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I don't want an overly expensive hangar, so Hangar A2 is out of the question. Should I get a hangar in LSIA, or Fort Zancudo? Which would have less players and griefers? I have the Grand Senora Desert bunker, an MC clubhouse close to Sandy Shores, and an MC business by the Alamo Sea. Everything else (vehicle warehouse, CEO warehouse and office) are in Los Santos. Should I get the hangar up north in Zancudo, or conveniently and cheaply in LSIA?

redamed9292
  • redamed9292

Rat

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 4 weeks ago

if you're not short on money.yes go for the FZ hangars.

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'd say Zancudo. Low level clearance is a slight game changer imo. The fact that you have your bunker and MC businesses in the sticks too makes it even more of an incentive to have your hangar up there. Buy the cheapest one at Zancudo if you're short on money (2m w/o upgrades).

LSIA simply feels too isolated and way too far away from everything. Not to mention it's stationed all the way at the bottom of the map, making for harder sales and steal missions. Zancudo is around the center of the map, so it's more convenient in that way too.
  • hei3enberg likes this

T.P. Enterprises 380
  • T.P. Enterprises 380

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'd say Zancudo. Low level clearance is a slight game changer imo. The fact that you have your bunker and MC businesses in the sticks too makes it even more of an incentive to have your hangar up there. Buy the cheapest one at Zancudo if you're short on money (2m w/o upgrades).

LSIA simply feels too isolated and way too far away from everything. Not to mention it's stationed all the way at the bottom of the map, making for harder sales and steal missions. Zancudo is around the center of the map, so it's more convenient in that way too.

So much for LSIA being convenient lol
  • Rafae likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

More money more benefits ;)

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hanger 3499 is probably the best one. It's the middle-priced one at the military base and has excellent approaches. The occasional NPC Lazer hitting you (if you don't look before crossing) is reported to be a minor issue.
Hanger 3497 is about $600,000 less, but you need to be a better rotor-wing pilot with the light posts around it and you need to taxi more to return to it, but dropping cargo on the roof mitigates the need to actually land while under fire.
  • Rafae and R3CON like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hanger 3499 is probably the best one. It's the middle-priced one at the military base and has excellent approaches. The occasional NPC Lazer hitting you (if you don't look before crossing) is reported to be a minor issue.

My personal favorite. Everything about this hangar (minus that damn Lazer) is perfect.
  • Winonas, ash-274 and Subaru like this

drungles
  • drungles

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I am also generally curious about a couple of things. I think I've settles on the more money for FZ location, but i would like to confirm a few things. 

-I have heard PV spawns closer to the western FZ hangar (middle in price). How much closer than the other two locations? is there a map with the PV spawn location?

-Is there a Lazer anywhere near that western-most hangar in FZ? i dont recall seeing one, seems like there isn't much of anything over on that side (i understand that is part of the allure).

-generally, if i fly in with a wanted level, how much of a nightmare is it getting harassed by military NPCs while you try to taxi into your hangar - especially the cheapest and most expensive FZ ones that require more care and maneuvering?  

your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

• ash-274 likes this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I have PV's spawn just outside the doors at my 3497 Hangar (the east one that's cheapest).

Lazers can spawn in the sandbag horseshoe space directly in front of it, or in more open areas further from the door and sometimes in the large open hangar to the side

Generally I avoid having wanted stars while taxiing, but there are several standard spawn points around that hangar, including a spot where a tank is usually parked. I would hate for that to be pissed of when I'm in a plane at point-blank distance, but I also haven't had a problem with that (yet). If you have wanted stars and you're heading back to base, lose them first. It doesn't matter if you have a "airspace pass" or not when they have infinite spawns, good guns, tanks, and AA missile batteries.
  • drungles likes this

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago

My personal favorite. Everything about this hangar (minus that damn Lazer) is perfect.

Shhhh don't give away our secret :(

• Winonas likes this

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 weeks ago

FZ, no contest.
I've been working for a friend's hangar who settled at LSIA, missions took ages because it was so far...

FZ has everything, including NPC shooting at enemies (other NPCs or players) and free Lazers and nice location and no more wanted level and centered place .....
  • ash-274 likes this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

I prefer my LSIA Hangar (chrapest one). Zancudo is just so full of stuff (lightpoles, missile wheelcarts, npcs). Its a cool place and it definitly feels special to land at the military base (had the option to try it out while working for a friend) but it feels crowded.
The LSIA Hangar however, no stuff outside, multiple runways you can enter with a wamted level without having the military up your rectum And its only a 1 min flight away from my yacht.
However i dont use it for bussines purposes (ones i have the 42 crates for the hunter discount im going to shut the hanagr bussines down) so i dont know whats more practical in the long run, i only use it to store and customize my aircraft.

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 weeks ago

^
I totally understand your opinion. And peace to make business is key to success.

I found that flying towards LSIA give more opportunities to enemy player to shoot you down, while fewest people actually camp FZ: because of the military, and because if you die it's a hassle to camp back.

Regarding light poles and other crap: the western hangar has at least 3 angles that allow a fast landing straight to delivery: all but from north.
You don't need a runway to land, you just need some terrain wide enough to avoid crashing. Besides the fences surrounding the base or the red and white anti-wind thing, this spot allows all sort of landings, including emergencies.
By emergency, I count both a hydra loosing its engine and a chase between a Rogue and a enemy player.
  • drungles likes this

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

I have the cheapest LSIA hangar, mostly because I don't see myself using it as a major money maker. Its more about the perks and new aircraft access it offers. If I were planning on using it as a primary income, I'd definitely take Zancudo. The central location is a big plus that really pays off in saved time long-term and the easy access to a usually high security area is a nice perks.

As for other players/PvP, there's really no avoiding them at either location. With so few options there's bound to plenty of people sharing the same building, or one very close to it.

• R3CON likes this

yoe_dirt
  • yoe_dirt

Player Hater

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Fort Zancudo, I have route 68 bunker, so it's like an obvious choice for me, bought the cheapest one, kinda tricky to land a plane into due to a lot of obstacles around, but on supplies mission I'd just parachute my way and land right on the hangar gate, no problem

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Zancudo by far.

For instance, if you're grounded and delivering product most players can't pursue you into the base. Unless they happen to own the base as well.... harder for jet try hards to follow you as well since they'll get shot down.

Plus convenience of being in the middle of the map, unlike LSIA which is all the way at the bottom and far away from most supply missions. Not to mention how big the place is and easy for a jet to kill you.

T.P. Enterprises 380
  • T.P. Enterprises 380

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I bought Hangar 3499, you were right about easy access with the runway right in front of it!! I like the look of Hangar A2 but it's a no.
  • Rafae and PwnageSoldier like this

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by GTP_Monkey, 4 weeks ago.

I bought Hangar 3499, you were right about easy access with the runway right in front of it!! I like the look of Hangar A2 but it's a no.

Why is it a no ? you can take off with your plane without using main runway unless you use the Hydra and you spawn on the main runway in that, You also have more protection from surrounding buildings and lees chance of being snipered by some outside the complex

T.P. Enterprises 380
  • T.P. Enterprises 380

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Why is it a no ? you can take off with your plane without using main runway unless you use the Hydra and you spawn on the main runway in that, You also have more protection from surrounding buildings and lees chance of being snipered by some outside the complex

Well, you have a point, I'll look at A2 more, landing on the runway without being killed is just really cool. The FZ runways are better looking than the LSIA runways.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Gridl0k, 2 weeks ago.

I gave up and moved to LSIA after realising I spend most of my time flying in the city, cost me just under 2m to spec out and trade in. No regrets so far, although I will miss Zancudo access. 

eta - I have no interest in crates, which also contributed.

PwnageSoldier
  • PwnageSoldier

Commander of Wolf Operations

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by PwnageSoldier, 2 weeks ago.

LSIA for a bargain, and convenience if your in the city.

Since I'm a big military aficionado, and my military stuff is out in Paleto, FZ is an easy choice for me.
Especially since you get low level base access.

I have my office and clubhouse out in the city, but it doesn't bug me simply because the content for that stuff is better suited for the city. Regardless, getting a warehouse out in Paleto, for money and times sake.

Hanger 3497 is about $600,000 less, but you need to be a better rotor-wing pilot with the light posts around it and you need to taxi more to return to it, but dropping cargo on the roof mitigates the need to actually land while under fire.

I realize this is an 2 week old post, I'm still replying.
For me, having to taxi and be careful about your surroundings is realistic and immersive. I love having to taxi to get off the ground, but then again I'm mainly a PvE player, not a PvPer.

EDIT: The thing I love most about FZ is when I start my game, I exit out of my Paleto Bay Bunker, and I could simply have a short, cinematic "driving to work" drive, then I'll access through the ground, and go into my hangar. Beautiful way to start a SR day.
  • badmoon, Rafae and IamCourtney like this

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I made this list a while ago

Zancudo Hangars:
+Free access to Zancudo 
+Near center of map 
+Protection from others [unless they have one too] 
+Closer to bunkers 
+[kind of] Free Lazers
+Can give friends clearence via MC or CEO
+Associates or MC members can spawn PVs and PAs near your hangar just like you
+It's f*cking Fort Zancudo :D
-Kind of inconvient to land, all three hangars have obstacles in front of them
-2 stars for taking a Laser, or being inside of FZ with a military vehicle that you don't own [LSIA titan for example]
-Can't go in aircraft control tower without stars
-Kinda cluttered
-Expensive 

LSIA Hangars: 
+Cheaper 
+100% Free Titans, Luxors, Helicopters, Mallards, Mammatuses, and maybe more 
+Much more room for landing and taking off and whatever else you wanna do 
+Closer to the city 
+The gates will finally open for you! 
+No worrying about stars like Zancudo
+Associates or MC members can spawn PVs and PAs near your hangar just like you
-No Lazers 
-Location is a bit bare
-Usually a freemode war here
-At the bottom of the map, so some missions might make you travel far [but you're in aircraft so it might not be an issue]
  • Gridl0k and IamCourtney like this

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Mammatuses

Love this mouthfeel :D

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Mammatuses

Love this mouthfeel :D

Hmm...  mammati?

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

No, Mammatuses is perfection!

namelss123456799
  • namelss123456799

Juggalo

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

fZ the 2nd most expensive

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

not really certain about some stuff

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by hei3enberg, 6 days ago.

One more reason to go with Zancudo is the ability to fly through it when minding your business. Comes in handy when getting across the map even if you don't want to land there. 

• Rafae likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

One more reason to go with Zancudo is the ability to fly through it when minding your business. Comes in handy when getting across the map even if you don't want to land there. 

^ This

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users