Quantcast

» «
Photo

Most Nice and Sympathetic GTA Protagonist?

24 replies to this topic
ArgonNexen
  • ArgonNexen

DRI Mafia Leader

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:02 PM

Which GTA Protagonist is the most Nice and Sympathetic? I would say CJ

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:15 PM

Advance - Mike

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Luis and Niko will not be touched by Trevor.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

Luis has terrible friends, family and work colleagues but he always does whatever they ask and tries to help them out, even though they usually aren't grateful and never learn to take care of themselves. He is loyal as hell.

• Stevenslender123, The Deadite, Criminal-Fox and 2 others like this

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:54 PM Edited by Awesom-0, 17 September 2017 - 04:00 PM.

Victor Vance - He starts out as a nice guy, but gets forced into drugs and crime after Jerry Martinez gets him kicked out of the Army and ruins his reputation by framing him with drugs and hookers.

He always feels uncomfortable doing crimes, like when hes forced to vandalise a store for protection money by Marty, and acts very polite when hes around Louise.

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:49 AM Edited by Johnny Spaz, 18 September 2017 - 02:50 AM.

CJ definitely, he's social with a bunch of people from different backgrounds

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Token black guy.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:59 AM Edited by Gtaman_92, 18 September 2017 - 03:03 AM.

Niko.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Testeuros, Good Hombre and 1 other like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:57 AM

Victor, Awesome-O already explained why.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:55 AM

Niko. If it weren't for him Marnie would've stayed a crack whore yet their encounter prompted her to do more with her life such as going to college. If you read the email afterwards.

Niko's also the only protagonist I can recall who's polite enough to express gratitude such as saying thank you.

In a series so etched in crime and violence it's hard to imagine any of them being nice and/or sympathetic on a level someone not involved in that sort of lifestyle would, but IMO Niko feels the most civil and human like in this respect.
  • Gtaman_92, Lock N' Stock, Gokuzbu and 5 others like this

PetrolheadSupreme
  • PetrolheadSupreme

Are you feeling it now, Mr. Krabs?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:25 AM

Niko. If it weren't for him Marnie would've stayed a crack whore yet their encounter prompted her to do more with her life such as going to college. If you read the email afterwards.

Niko's also the only protagonist I can recall who's polite enough to express gratitude such as saying thank you.

In a series so etched in crime and violence it's hard to imagine any of them being nice and/or sympathetic on a level someone not involved in that sort of lifestyle would, but IMO Niko feels the most civil and human like in this respect.

I would say its between Niko or CJ.

They seem the most human compared to the others.

• Algonquin Assassin, Gtaman_92, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by TheOneLibertonian, 3 weeks ago.

There is a reason why Niko is my favorite protagonist in the series. Niko the only GTA protagonist that I can sympathize with because unlike most of the others, while entertaining in their own right they just never got me hooked on a emotional level, and I could never relate myself with them because they never had that genuine humanity Niko had. That is what makes Niko likeable, he isn't just a badass who kills people and do criminal stuff, he is at the end of the day is just a human being that made mistakes during his life. Of course he does bad things, but he does realize that he isn't just a bad guy, he is just a conflicted person surrounded with inner demons from his past. 

Also I'd argue that CJ was just as sympathetic as Niko. I totally understand that Rockstar tried to make a more human and likeable protagonist after the character-less Claude, and the violent and ruthless Tommy Vercetti. But CJ in general as a character didn't grab me the way that Niko did. Sure he did feel remorse, and pity but he just comes off as flippant, and annoying. 

• Algonquin Assassin, Lock N' Stock, Rebel Yell and 2 others like this

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

borger

• Members
  • GoSquared
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by slimeball supreme, 3 weeks ago.

claude mostly because i can relate to his girlfriend struggles ever since me and sharon divorced

• ClaudX and straightupmenace like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Probably Niko and Victor IMO

• EtherTakeover likes this

Terrc87
  • Terrc87

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Terrc87, 3 weeks ago.

I would say Victor is the nicest protagonist, After he got send into Fort Baxter, he's trying to make some money for his sick brother but he end up being kicked out from the Army because Sgt. Martinez dirty job, even tho he show some hesitate about taking the job but Martinez keep him to do it. Victor also unhappy about Marty behaviour towards Louise but after he get sunk in on Vice City underworld and Louise death, he begins to not take care of himself and or even might be he snort a lot of cocaine and forgot where he came from and he begin to think that he is from Colombia so his Puerto Rican accent begin to change to Colombian accent in GTA VC events, lol
  • Ruin and jaljax like this

SonnyNapoli
  • SonnyNapoli

Wiseguy

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 3 weeks ago

Niko, 'cause even after all the terrible stuff he's been put through, since Yugoslavian Wars and becomin' hired muscle for the mob, he can show his human, emotional side.

And CJ. Naive and sort of dumb, seems to be a nice guy even with all the sh*t he has to experience.

I don't consider Vic as a nice or sympathetic. To me he's weak personality plus hypocrite.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

mzt
  • mzt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by mzt, 3 weeks ago.

Alternate reading of GTA: They're all a bunch of unfeeling psychopaths, evident by the way they treat fellow pixelkind. They're despotic tyrants trying very hard to elevate above the video game layer of reality, and any false show of kindness for fellow characters in the games is an attempt to trick the player into feeling sympathy, which they believe will give them the power to tunnel into the real world. Claude is the closest thing to "nice" because he doesn't try to plot against us, but maybe he's just satisfied to be upgraded to a 3D environment.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 3 weeks ago

Idk why people are saying CJ is nice when he literally blew up a construction site and buried their foreman alive just because they catcalled his sister.
  • ClaudX, Shadowfennekin and Criminal-Fox like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Even Buba (Grand Theft Auto 1) is more nice and sympathetic than CJ or Trevor.

Terrc87
  • Terrc87

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago

What does CJ do to make him categorized as a sympathetic person? In what particular moment?

raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

johnny for sure,the whole game  he's helping ashley and tries to get her off drugs while also caring for his brothers, he's in my eyes the obvious underdog in gta iv.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Rebel Yell
  • Rebel Yell

Roots Radicals

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 3 weeks ago

"Nice" is such a clashing term to describe a GTA protagonist: Although most of them are the "good guys" of the stories they're in, they still prey massively on crime, chaos and death. However, I'd nominate Niko as the most sympathetic one. In deep, Niko is actually a decent guy with a heart of gold, but he has made and keeps making huge mistake throughout his life... like many of us actually. A direct parallel to his tendency to make mistakes over and over, he's full of vindicative rage - which I believe all humans possess in secret, but with its harsher depiction via Niko's persona... it's just painfully "in our face". Well, that's actually what makes Niko a lovely hypocrite because he's a solid satire of human soul and nature at its best.

For similar reasons, Victor Vance would be a second choice.

• Algonquin Assassin, theGTAking101 and mzt like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Niko is also the only protagonist that treats women with respect. 

• Algonquin Assassin and Neickup like this

IndogamersPro
  • IndogamersPro

Busta

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Victor Vance - He wasn't a criminal before he get kicked out of Fort Baxter.

He never feel comfortable when doing crimes and mass murder.

I think he is the nicest GTA protagonist.

ArgonNexen
  • ArgonNexen

DRI Mafia Leader

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well Victor is very nice. But CJ is nice too. Well he felt bad in killing too. When he Killed Ryder he felt bad, even when he betrayded Grove Street. Same with Big Smoke. He betrayded Grove Street, he was involved in Cj's mother murder. And Cj forgived him and was very sad when he died , also he didn't wanted to kill Pulaski in the first place. He wanted to talk with him, but Pulaski was asshole and wanted Carl to kill him.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Idk why people are saying CJ is nice when he literally blew up a construction site and buried their foreman alive just because they catcalled his sister.

^^^^^ This

Niko's the only sympathetic protagonist.

• Algonquin Assassin and Criminal-Fox like this

simond1986
  • simond1986

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

franklin but hes pretty boring because hes an ok dude

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users