Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why is GTA V hated so much

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
823 replies to this topic

Poll: Hater (248 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like GTA V

1. Yes (166 votes [66.94%])

Percentage of vote: 66.94%

2. No (82 votes [33.06%])

Percentage of vote: 33.06%

Vote
Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:28 AM

Compared to previous GTA's the story was weak and the characters were flat. The overall atmosphere of the setting isn't that immersive either. Every neighborhood and pedestrian feels too much like one another. In games like SA and IV, each neighborhood has its own flavor, gangs, people, etc that made it unique. You just don't get that in V.

It's easy to see why GTA V is earning comparisons to Call of Duty. Multiplayer is becoming the heart of the franchise, and the single player is just an afterthought. Like Call of Duty, the single player just isn't engaging.

• anthony and Light Syde Riandy like this

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:28 AM Edited by ViceBoy69, 21 November 2017 - 11:29 AM.

ChiroVette you sit here and spout all this stuff about V and blame everyone else when they comment but your the one trying to antagonize people with your signature, you dont like IV, you like V thats fine but please take your signature and that twat Trevor and shove it up your arse im sick of seeing it on every post you make.

• anthony and The American Army 1775 like this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:08 PM Edited by anthony, 21 November 2017 - 01:09 PM.

Kind of yeah, the dude try to be polite and mature and you will almost believe him until you saw his profile;

Member Title GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

It's childish.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:16 PM Edited by ChiroVette, 21 November 2017 - 01:22 PM.

@ChiroVette: What is "my brand" of V bashing, ... actually when was the last time I "bashed" on V?

Edit: I think I've cracked it, you think ONLY fans should stick to each games section? So you see me and others post here and I guess you assume we're just coming here to attack V? Gonna let you in on a secret, I tend to check all the main games forums and post in each one when I can.

Straw Man argument. I never said people should stick to a section for games they like. But you IV fans seem to believe I want to bash IV. My defense is that you guys are deflecting. If I wanted to bash IV, I would be in that section bashing it. You have no idea how many times people PM me links to threads and posts in that section that bash V, and I don't even go to the links. The reason being that I won't go to a IV forum to bash that game OR make arguments about V's obvious superiority over IV. Here is the truly humorous part: You guys coming here to bash the game constantly and talk about all the negative perceptions held by your small, fractional cult minority are citing ME being repetitive. Yet you are the ones keeping the IV versus V debate going, not me, And you are doing it for YEARS now.

I stand by what I said. If you guys would stop referencing IV all the time, whether overtly or pretending not to when you bash V, I would never talk about the game again. There is no need!

I mean, why would I care about a ten year old game, after Rockstar improved the franchise immeasurably with V? I wouldn't! That's the point. V is the GTA that redeemed the franchise and made it "GTA again." That's more than good enough for me.

So anytime you guys want to stalk talking about IV in this forum, you don't need my permission. But stop pretending that you are NOT holding IV out as the reason you bash V, whether you, in particular, are a "hater" or not.

@ ChiroVette

Aside from the verbal tussles I sometimes have with you, I like your sense of zeal and enthusiasm displayed when you engaged in GTA-related discussions, the fire and passion you have for the franchise is very evidently expressed like many of the more dedicated GTA fans on this site.

However your obsession with bashing IV and igniting IV vs V debates are a trifle boring now, and your near constant references to this particular subject in nearly every thread you grace is getting very jarring. This is not me having a dig at you, it's a very genuine observation of mine. It would be a lot more interesting to be more inclusive of other GTA-related subjects than solely focusing on IV vs V debates.

Just putting in my two pence.  

I offer the same answer I gave to Ash.

And I can prove I am not obsessed with IV, and my discussions with you do it for me! When you talk about VC versus V I stick to that topic and compare those games. When you talk about interiors, I discuss interiors only in V. When you talk about San Andreas, your ultimate GTA experience, I agree with you, and I juxtapose SA and V along with you. When you talk about the police in V versus bribes and Pay 'n' Sprays, I agree with you. When you talk about how V's Online is killing GTA, I never mention IV, I talk about that. I only keep bringing up IV when it is relevant to the discussion, as it was when I was talking to Lioshennka, on the previous page about realism. Also, sometimes it is important to juxtapose both games because the inherent philosophy of IV and V are completely different. So it is very difficult or damned near impossible to not talk about IV a lot when talking about V. Particularly when I believe V is a vast improvement in gameplay, map, physics, storytelling, characters, missions, and pretty much every area, and you guys believe V is downgraded from IV. So how can we put a group of fans who LOVE V together with a group who either hate it or are very critical, BUT LOVE IV so much, and not expect all the comparisons? It is madness to suggest that the two games not be compared all the time in this environment.

When you guys bring up criticisms that are so obviously aimed at V that are truly "because it isn't IV" and not compared to other games, and you simply leave off the mention of IV, even though it is so obvious you are talking about IV, then ts hypocritical to attack me for talking about IV when you are the ones making the comparisons, even though you aren't admitting it. Now, I am not saying specifically YOU do this, but your side of the debate does.

But I don't think its fair to allow people to attack me and other V fans personally, then act like we are all going off topic and derailing the threads.

It is fair to correct you when most of you guys take your opinions for granted and as facts.

Do I need to quote the posts from CGF who are completely baits most of the time ? And I already saw him in the GTA 4 section.

Don't pretend that you guys, the GTA 5 fan are all nice and calm 24/7 because that's not the case, it works basically the same in both directions.

You are one of the biggest offenders of the V-hating-IV-fanboys. You constantly attack V for "not being IV" and then you get pissed off when I disagree, counter your points, and finally, after YOU bring up how much better you think IV is, you have the audacity to attack me for comparing the two games.

And let's talk about ME, not CG. I don't moderate his behavior in this forum. He is his own man.

ChiroVette you sit here and spout all this stuff about V and blame everyone else when they comment but your the one trying to antagonize people with your signature, you dont like IV, you like V thats fine but please take your signature and that twat Trevor and shove it up your arse im sick of seeing it on every post you make.

Glad you like it! I love Trevor, too, and his dispatching of that pussywhipped, drug-addled nice personold was one of the highlights of V, which improved on the series in so many ways! My Sig and custom title have nothing to do with this debate, by the way. If they irk you, look in the mirror.

Kind of yeah, the dude try to be polite and mature and you will almost believe him until you saw his profile;

Member Title GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

It's childish.

LMAO and you have no sense of humor!

Moreover, if the IV-Fanboy-V-Bashing stopped in this forum, I would change my Sig and custom title. But as long as you guys continue to hate on V for no other reason than "it isn't IV" and are so belligerent and hostile to any opposing opinions, then you are being hypocrites when you get pissed that I compare the games.

I will have any content in my Sig and CT that I please. And if you guys changed your attitude and your hypocrisy, I would entertain requests to change my Sig and CT.

• CGFforLife likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

GTA V: Huge improvement over snore (GTA IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:34 PM

Anyone can have their title and sig as they like, and no one should mad at someone because they had title and sig they didn't like
  • ChiroVette likes this

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

No i think you just need to be banned for a while so you can think about your childish posts.

• anthony likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:40 PM

No i think you just need to be banned for a while so you can think about your childish posts.

Childhish he said? being mad and insulting and threaten to ban someone just because they bashed his favorite game IS childish

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:45 PM Edited by ChiroVette, 21 November 2017 - 01:56 PM.

Childhish he said? being mad and insulting and threaten to ban someone just because they bashed his favorite game IS childish

Hahahaha I know, right?

Especially when I am the least insulting person in this forum and NEVER call anyone names. It amazes me how people get so worked up about us comparing V to IV when they are doing it all the time!

Edit: With so many sensitive IV fans in here, I decided to delete the spoiler I had in this post, even though it is a true story and is on topic with the V forum. I know IV is just a game, but I also know that I don't want to hurt your feelings either. :r*:

• CGFforLife likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:14 PM Edited by CGFforLife, 21 November 2017 - 02:17 PM.

Hahahaha I know, right?

Especially when I am the least insulting person in this forum and NEVER call anyone names. It amazes me how people get so worked up about us comparing V to IV when they are doing it all the time!

Tbh, I never recalled insulting people too (except that I did it once in disrespect list which I already removed)

Spoiler

I will pay anything for that, and I will buy thousand of shark card as a gratitude for an amazing cutscene about Trevor stomping Niko the Forgettable

Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:40 PM

One more thing: Given the heavy criticism of V by the small, fractional minority of IV fans in this forum-

Huh, this is a very interesting. I'm sure you're wrong though. IIRC there's was a massive poll one or two years ago that collected all kinds of statistics, among which was the most liked GTA game by the community of this forum. GTA IV was above GTA V in popularity.

But I guess you're just going to say that I'm lying and stuff.

Oh he will.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:56 PM Edited by ChiroVette, 21 November 2017 - 03:15 PM.

Oh he will.

I never once said you guys are lying about how the small, fractional, cult-minority of angry IV fans congregating in this forum feel about V.

By the way!

To inject a little sanity in the nonsensical butthurtedness of the couple of people getting all pissy about how I am supposedly the one comparing IV to V all the time. Let's take a look at a mere two pages of this 28 page thread. And, mind you, this is only ONE thread and less than 10% of that one thread I am culling quotes from.

And, to be fair, I tried to leave out ALL the people who were responding to me about IV versus V, since if I brought it up, I can't cite someone responding to me to prove my point. Which is that the entire f*cking forum is obsessed with V versus IV, not just me!

Would you like me to go back through the rest of this thread OR reference more of the forum to further prove my point?

Clearly this entire place has IV on the brain. When talking about IV, I am just responding to the IV-fueled-V-critiques, and as you can see, am no more "obsessed" with comparing the games than anyone else here.

Enjoy! lol

Vice City's the best GTA after GTA IV to me. I only give San Andreas props for its map really.

I could ride around in a bullet listening to Vice City FM all day.

After San Andreas I expected so much from the series with IV which was a total letdown,

Online seems to be designed for an experience that feels like it builds upon previous games. V is actually a big improvement over IV, but Online has taken a lot of what should have been part of SP.

Overall speaking, I guess all the problems with this game (and GTA IV) originated because of Rockstar's corporate decisions.

I've always preferred gunfights in IV (and SA) over GTA V's. For one, the guns in IV sound loud as sh*t and really give you that feeling of wrecking sh*t while the ones in V's always sound lackluster to me. The dynamic music, while I don't mind it during driving, somehow kills the mood for me when playing the game. And before you tell me I can turn it off, it's not that simple. The only way to turn off dynamic music is to turn off all music, a choice I'm not willing to make. Pretty sure there's a mod that lets you disable it but meh, haven't touched V in a hot minute so couldn't tell you.

Another thing I preferred in IV and SA is the guns felt like they had recoil. I'm not saying V has no recoil at all but in my experience, it is not to the extent I would like. And because of that, all weapons have always felt the same to me in V. I don't care how many weapons you boast in your game if they all feel the f*cking same. Add on top of that the lack of a crouch button and a sh*tty cover system (albeit, improved from IV) and you have a game that never comes close to giving me the same experience I had with SA and IV.

Trust me when I say this, with a good enough sound system, IV's gun shot sounds are spectacularly realistic and ear-shattering, especially during intense gunfights - just to get invloved in a gunfight with all these brilliant effects never gets old.

Storywise, Luis does not match up to Niko or Johnny as a character, I thought Rockstar made him out to be some kind of psycho to justify the lunacy of the missions.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:04 PM Edited by ChiroVette, 21 November 2017 - 03:10 PM.

Sorry, TOO many quotes. The forum made me put this in two posts since it limits the amount of quotes in one post.

I actually changed the gun sounds and effects of SA to the same sound as the ones in IV with a mod, and it feels much better.

GTA: IV felt like the series had come to a maturity. V was like a midlife crisis.

Totally agree. Whenever I want the gritty, dark streets and concrete jungle blocks, hustle/bustle NYC vibe, I stick in IV and EFLC.

I fully agree with this. Whether or not you like V, IV or whatever at least Rockstar doesn't just regurgitate the same cookie cutter crap every year.

Guns definitely sounded like they had more punch to them in IV compared to V where most of the weapons are rather quiet.

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:49 PM Edited by anthony, 21 November 2017 - 03:51 PM.

Take it easy;

You are one of the biggest offenders of the V-hating-IV-fanboys. You constantly attack V for "not being IV" and then you get pissed off when I disagree, counter your points, and finally, after YOU bring up how much better you think IV is, you have the audacity to attack me for comparing the two games.

I attack when someone think his opinions is facts; you think whatever of GTA 5, I'm ok with that! It's opinions!

But you guys shouldn't denied when someone point a fact that this or that area of GTA 4 is better, facts. i.e I know you understood my point and admit about euphoria; my point wasn't about you ONLY.

I mean, SA can be compared even more and should be.
  • The American Army 1775 likes this

Craig
  • Craig

Biographer Seahorse

• Canary-Islands
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:52 PM

This topic is a complete mess. Go and play the game you prefer and stop flicking each other in the nuts about it. Better yet, stand on your doorstep and take a few good lungfuls of fresh air.

• Algonquin Assassin, Tycek, anthony and 7 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users