Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why is GTA V hated so much

457 replies to this topic

Poll: Hater (180 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like GTA V

1. Yes (119 votes [66.11%])

Percentage of vote: 66.11%

2. No (61 votes [33.89%])

Percentage of vote: 33.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote
CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 15 hours ago

Regardless of whether many of IV's  missions are basic or repetitive, it does not mean they are not fun

Yeah, IV mission aren't fun because we are forced to do the same shootout and chases again and again

You and others may not find them fun because they generally do not involve big guns, tanks, planes, and extreme, high-octane Hollywood action movie scenarios etc

That's what makes the mission fun duh, and badass

I agree that Trevor's starting missions are some of the best in the game but plot wise they had the issue of doing too much too fast

it didn't too fast, that was because Trevor actually stand up to them

in his first mission he wiped out The Lost and Aztecas, two big gangs, and they don't do much else through the story

Another fact that Trevor is a badass protag, he can wipe out The Lost and The Aztecas in just a couple of mission

I kinda now understand why some of you are big fans of gta 4 story but gta 5 would have failed IMO if it continued the gta 4 type of storytelling.

I agree with this but not agree with your reason. for me, if they continue with IV seriousness, then V would be horribly restrictive, we never be able to fly airplane, we can't drive tank, we can't ride bicycle, we couldn't dive, we couldn't do badass thing like hijacking a plane mid-flight. Why? Because realism

gta 4 was the boat-like driving

As much as I hate IV, I have to defend it here

IV driving wasn't boat-like, but it much more realistic,but my complain is, the driving is just more annoying

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 hours ago Edited by anthony, 13 hours ago.

Yeah, IV mission aren't fun because we are forced to do the same shootout and chases again and again

Doesn't mean anything.

That's what makes the mission fun duh, badass

For you.

if they continue with IV seriousness, then V would be horribly restrictive, we never be able to fly airplane, we can't drive tank, we can't ride bicycle, we couldn't dive, we couldn't do badass thing like hijacking a plane mid-flight. Why? Because realism

Because you never saw a serious and realist movie involving airplanes and tank ?
Same for riding a bicycle and diving.

Having a serious tone in the story and globally in the game doesn't mean it's impossible to have multiple things to do in free-roam as diving, flying an airplane etc.
  • Official General likes this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 hours ago Edited by TheOneLibertonian, 13 hours ago.

Spoiler

Like I said before, FUN is subjective. You prefer to have big action blockbuster-like setpieces and OG simply said that he likes more subdued stuff. It's not fair calling GTA V is "fun" because there are more things to do and due to it's light-heartedness. If you were more open to appreciate what GTA IV and even the 3D era games has to offer, then I think you will fully understand what I meant. At the end of the day, it's like apples and oranges. Each person has their own likes and whatnot. Please do not take what a person likes or dislikes as a fact. 

My problem with Trevor's first couple of missions is that the subplot's with the O'Neil's, the Triads, and The Lost are written sparsely instead focus on Trevor for him to get to Los Santos and find Michael. I wished that we would have seen more about his relationships with those gangs and why he decided to burn bridges with them. Also Trevor as a character is weak in my opinion. It's not because he is a psychopath, but he is written in a manner that focuses on jokes rather than unpredictable menacing lunatic. 

The thing is with GTA V, I love the amount of variety and customization. I appreciated that you can fly planes, ride bicycles, get tattoos, and more, but as an overall package GTA IV is much better than GTA V. IMO, gameplay is more natural and organic, story is much, much better, and a more likeable main protagonist. In both games I have my own likes and dislikes about them but either of them aren't the Holy Grail and both of them are not perfect at all. 

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, Tycek and 4 others like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 13 hours ago

They should leave IV the way it is. If they do remaster it maybe have 60 fps and 1080 p or even 4k but don't change it beyond that. Let IV be IV and let V be V. In my eyes they are both fine the way they are.

The only thing they should do is make turning Niko as smooth as 5 or RDR. This is my only issue when replaying IV after playing other games. Though I get used to his movement after a few hours.

PwnageSoldier
  • PwnageSoldier

Commander of Wolf Operations

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 9 hours ago

Lol the majority of this forum were okay with GTA V in terms of gameplay. GTA:O, however, is a whole different party.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 9 hours ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 9 hours ago.

I wasn't very clear and started to talk about everything else but what my real points were:

#1 gta 4 has no controllable planes and it was big insult for me coming from gta sa where all i did most of the time was flying planes and i continued that in gta 5

#2 gta 4 driving made me go crazy i literally lost my cool middle first playthrough and quit the game without ever returning, watched the gameplay videos to see last part of story for peace of mind and curiosity.

#3 less important but still quite a dealbreaker, no car customization whatsoever.

#4 though game got suddenly harder to survive and more realistic it still had no regenerating health or atleast more pickups for health/armor.

Bottom line is i don't hate all the 4 but those specific things only.

PS! you can discuss this opinion but don't get insulted if those points differ from your opinion, i accept you disagreeing with my opinion.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 8 hours ago

I wasn't very clear and started to talk about everything else but what my real points were:

#1 gta 4 has no controllable planes and it was big insult for me coming from gta sa where all i did most of the time was flying planes and i continued that in gta 5

#2 gta 4 driving made me go crazy i literally lost my cool middle first playthrough and quit the game without ever returning, watched the gameplay videos to see last part of story for peace of mind and curiosity.

#3 less important but still quite a dealbreaker, no car customization whatsoever.

#4 though game got suddenly harder to survive and more realistic it still had no regenerating health or atleast more pickups for health/armor.

Bottom line is i don't hate all the 4 but those specific things only.

PS! you can discuss this opinion but don't get insulted if those points differ from your opinion, i accept you disagreeing with my opinion.

1. Fair enough, I don't think people would complain if there are planes.

2. This I don't get, It's easy to drive in the game but its hard to master, all you need to do is drive the cars with a similar mentality to driving cars in real life and that means using brakes and slowing down when you want to hard turn. In GTA5 most cars are similar to each other because of the Hot Wheels mechanics for example, why use an offroad vehicle when a Bugatti can climb the mountains like its an off-road vehicle?

3. This is once again a thing that nobody would complain about.and I am sure it and planes were wanted.

4. I don't see how this is an issue only in IV, I found San Andreas harder than IV sometimes, regenerating health is a bad game design I feel, It really dumped down the games and made them much cover based. I also don't see how its harder than IV, IV AI was much more friendly and you could toy with them instead of GTA5 where they are terminators.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 8 hours ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 8 hours ago.

good points but i stay with my opinion and those 4 points will be reason to dislike gta 4 and give gta 5 plus points in my eyes.

BTW did you notice i said i almost lost my sanity because of 4 driving, real life is infuriating enough, i need a break form it in video game.

This is all i can really contribute to this topic for now, any further posting would be offtopic since i laid out all my thoughts.

• CGFforLife likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users