Quantcast

» «
Photo

Players are voting for you to be removed from the session. Improve your behavior or you will be kicked.

1,369 replies to this topic

Poll: (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (256 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Kicking:

1. Keep (109 votes [42.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.58%

2. Change (103 votes [40.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.23%

3. Remove (44 votes [17.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote
FallingAway
  • FallingAway

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:36 AM

Another fun way to troll the vote kickers if you don't feel like fighting them.

Pause > online > crews > suggested crews > IGN, MP3, etc. > view members

Start scrolling through the members list and invite them to the lobby, it will be full of players in no time.
  • gtafan26, Omnifarious, Valdorien and 14 others like this

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

Not a pretty nigga but my mom thinks I'm handsome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:39 AM

Since when was it "their" lobby to decide who is wanted, and who isn't? The lobbies are public.

Well, the game works on a Peer to Peer connection, so technically, the host "owns" the lobby.

Being griefed then is almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy for these people. They vote to kick before even any contact in an effort to pre-empt being attacked, then get attacked because the vote-to-kick winds up the person being voted, so they attack in retaliation. Thus the voters get handed to them in spades what they thought they would avoid.

See it this way:

A group of players ask politely any randoms who join the session to leave, most of them comply. The few who don't get kicked.

One of them doesn't, gets hostile and griefs the session.

Now, the very same group will kick randoms on sight without even giving a chance of letting them leave on their own.

Another random joins the lobby, griefs them, launches a VIP job, invites his friends and ruins the lobby.

Now, this group of players will not only kick on sight, also will attack unprovoked and outright grief anyone who lands on their session.

It's an never ending cycle that could be easily avoided.
Or you could put on your big boy pants, wipe the tears from your eyes, and mad the f*ck up and stop being such a pussy in an online video game.
  • Arrows to Athens, Big Muse, TheKingChivas and 1 other like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:45 AM

Don't start fully loaded and neither start Haulage.

Start Hostile Takeover instead as it gives you 30 minutes to complete it, make sure to set it somewhere far away from the city.

Nobody holds ownership of public lobbies and kicking players, even if you mean no harm, it's still harmful for them as it gives the kicked player BS points .

Seriously, one text message is enough for me to leave you alone.
  • Nossirag and ryannata like this

lorsch
  • lorsch

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:55 AM Edited by lorsch, 17 September 2017 - 12:57 AM.

Yes, in each GTA Online session there is a host (technically). Of course a group of friends might decide to kick random players, because their friends or worse, crew mates (especially with people in large crews like IGN) might join on them, which means the session will fill up to 30 people very quickly. Which is almost a guarantee for griefers.  Unfortunately, people can't do most free mode jobs in invite only lobbies. Kicking without asking is not the nicest thing to to of course, but starting a fight over it and waiting to be kicked is wasting each other's time and it also gives bad sport points. On PC, there is a way to lock sessions and only invite friends though, which is much more convenient than kicking people obviously. Look it up. Not sure if it is possible on other platforms though.

• Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:36 AM Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix, 17 September 2017 - 01:37 AM.

Having fun ruining someone's else is not only pointless and petty, is also being an asshole.

From my point of view, your statement above could be as equally applicable to arbitrary kick voters.
It's not the same level of assholery (for lack of a better word) being kicked from a session and losing 1 or 2 minutes at most in the clouds to giving a random the benefit of the doubt and him destroying a sale then leaving afterwards.

The first is a mild inconvenience. The second is a dick move.

Or you could put on your big boy pants, wipe the tears from your eyes, and mad the f*ck up and stop being such a pussy in an online video game.

People like you are the very reason to why the whole kicking issue happens in the first place.

Nobody holds ownership of public lobbies and kicking players, even if you mean no harm, it's still harmful for them as it gives the kicked player BS points .

It's pretty hard to get in Bad Sport for getting kicked from lobbies only.

If someone actually ends there, is becaise they did something else too, like destroying PVs and leaving jobs early.
  • gtafan26, Arrows to Athens and irish.chr like this

Xiled
  • Xiled

The Truth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:25 AM

If the public only restriction was removed, the kicking problem would go away.

• gtafan26, Shadowfennekin, bulldog385 and 8 others like this

Semaj 2JZ♢
  • Semaj 2JZ♢

Switch up my style. I take any lane.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:31 AM

My reaction is always the same; lol wut? 😂😕 Damn kids...
  • ryannata likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:42 AM

I got a vote to kick message a couple of days ago the last time I played and spent my 30 minutes of VIP killing them best I could. It wasn't a fair fight, 3 of them versus just me but I annoyed them enough that by the time my 30 minutes was up they had all left. I was happy enough.

You wasted 30 minutes of your life in a pointless and petty fight, I'm sorry.

It's never pointless, it's education for everyone involved. I get better at killing assholes and they learn to stop vote kicking

• gtafan26, TheKingChivas and SHADOW OPS like this

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:52 AM

So many threads about kicks today

For real?

Well...  like 2 

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:01 AM

Normally I just leave as soon as I see only one or two org players in the session, cause I know a kick is inevitable and I don't want BS points. Especially as lately, I've been getting stuck in several lobbies like that in a row before I can get to a safely populated one. I don't want to end up in BS land cause people wanna be pussies.

But!

If you kick me as soon as I enter the session and don't even get the chance to leave myself.... I'm starting Fully Loaded, inviting IGN crew members, and griefing you until 'your' precious lobby is ruined. You deserve it for being a selfish prick, at least give somebody the chance to leave themselves and not vote to kick somebody who hasn't even gone OUTSIDE!

• hugh750, gtafan26, Xiled and 4 others like this

The-Ghost
  • The-Ghost

They mad bro...

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:44 AM

I get that message a lot, I usually ignore, but I have a funny one, I was minding my own business for almost half an hour with this two players doing vehicle cargo, then they started a sale and started vote-kicking me out the lobby, I got out of my office, went and stole one of their cars and destroyed the other one then sold that same car in the exact same lobby, before I got kicked out of it...  :lol:

• hugh750, gtafan26, Shadowfennekin and 1 other like this

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:11 AM

I get that message a lot, I usually ignore, but I have a funny one, I was minding my own business for almost half an hour with this two players doing vehicle cargo, then they started a sale and started vote-kicking me out the lobby, I got out of my office, went and stole one of their cars and destroyed the other one then sold that same car in the exact same lobby, before I got kicked out of it...  :lol:

did you get any messages from them?? :lol:

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:40 AM

Sounds like most of the people who have been voted to be kicked instantly go on to prove why they should be kicked.  Good job, children.

• irish.chr, Piro, Voodoo-Hendrix and 1 other like this

AH-6_BirdTurd
  • AH-6_BirdTurd

Whirly Bird

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:55 AM

Laugh because I know I wont be kicked, because I dont play in dead FR lobbies where you only need 3 or 4 votes to boot ya.

Karmaki
  • Karmaki

Formerly AK (AfroKloud)

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:58 AM

My heart jumps for a second seeing that when it popped up on my screen believe it or not.

But most of the time, my reaction is just confused. I kinda laugh at it a little. I tend to ignore the pop-up now and see that as a complete joke.

Piro
  • Piro

Pilot // The Lazlow Show fan

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:25 AM Edited by Piro, 17 September 2017 - 06:27 AM.

I just say "Don't kick, I'm friendly" and thats it. 9/10 times we end up having a nice friendly lobby.

Don't vote to kick someone who is better than you.
Don't tug on supermans cape

Oh boi the cringe lvls on this guy...
  • Arrows to Athens, Kushology, irish.chr and 3 others like this

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:57 AM

If the public only restriction was removed, the kicking problem would go away.

Yah, let me and my friends play alone in a damn invite lobby.  This is the only online game I own that forces you to play with the game's trash playerbase if you wanna do anything.

Also stop feeding the troll guise lol

• Shadowfennekin, irish.chr, Piro and 2 others like this

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:17 AM

I dunno, I'll type something like:

"YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING. YOU WILL REGRET THIS!"

And then lag myself out.

• Amy Vinewood likes this

Blaquerayne
  • Blaquerayne

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:36 AM

I just ignore it. TBH, I don't know why anyone would bother to kick me, the only reason I can think of is that I drive an Insurgent and they think I'm gonna attack them. Thing is, I drive the base model and the only reason I got it was to protect myself.

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

GTAF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:40 AM

Show them what real pain is.

Like doing Fully Loaded

• Shadowfennekin, Arrows to Athens, SHADOW OPS and 1 other like this

worthsclio
  • worthsclio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:04 AM

If a random drops in its best to split the session again as it means the lobby has gone. Split right and only friends of friends can join, had lobbies for days with no issues of randoms

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:40 AM Edited by Big Molio, 17 September 2017 - 09:42 AM.

It's not the same level of assholery (for lack of a better word) being kicked from a session and losing 1 or 2 minutes at most in the clouds to giving a random the benefit of the doubt and him destroying a sale then leaving afterwards.

Again, we are back to this age old argument, but we are only ever going to be able to offer our own point of view on this. I think that to arbitrarily kick somebody before they have even began playing, with the accompanying Bad Sport points to boot, is equally a dick move. No wonder it causes so much animosity by return.

I don't buy into this perceived nobility either in voluntarily leaving lobbies because somebody doesn't want you there. I say f*ck 'em.

• SHADOW OPS and Nossirag like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Where is vodka? Where is marinated herring?

• GTAF Crew
  • British-Virgin-Islands

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:42 AM

Start scrolling through the members list and invite them to the lobby, it will be full of players in no time.

This is f*cking awesome, I'm moving "Fully Loaded" to the number two slot behind "fill the lobby with IGN f*ckwits" :D

• gtafan26, Shadowfennekin, FrozenDanCicle and 2 others like this

The-Ghost
  • The-Ghost

They mad bro...

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:39 AM

did you get any messages from them?? :lol:

I don't remember but I think they were mad, they brought a jet and an oppressor, funny enough the only damage I got on the car was from an NPC that crashed into me on my last turn, not their jet nor their oppressor :lol: 

I don't really care, usually when I join a lobby with only three others that are in the same org/ crew or something like that I expect that to happen, the funny ones are the ones that happen when someone provokes me and then they go to the vote for kick when they can't handle my reaction, if I am getting vote-kicked, I might as well give them some hard time before leaving, no one is going to bother themselves "unkicking" me even if I "improved my behavior" so why not. 

• bombkangaroo, R3CON and Fatsanchez like this

Freddie Gecko
  • Freddie Gecko

Pothead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:39 AM

If you're lone wolfing and drop into a crew lobby, send a message to the ceo stating your intentions. "Hi, friendly" or "just trying to make cash" seem to work.

Or if you read other comments, go with the "When peeple vote kick me I jus pull out me sns pistol an flare gun an kill em tell they leave!!! I start up fulli load an smash vote kickin NOOOBS! That's what ya get for pullin on Santas cape!". Hmmm
  • Voodoo-Hendrix and Fatsanchez like this

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

⭐ S W A G G E R ⭐

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:56 AM

Okay seriously, there's about 9 threads on GTA Forums about this exact same topic.

• Amy Vinewood and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:03 PM

I got a vote to kick message a couple of days ago the last time I played and spent my 30 minutes of VIP killing them best I could. It wasn't a fair fight, 3 of them versus just me but I annoyed them enough that by the time my 30 minutes was up they had all left. I was happy enough.

You wasted 30 minutes of your life in a pointless and petty fight, I'm sorry.

It's never pointless, it's education for everyone involved. I get better at killing assholes and they learn to stop vote kicking

But it's really pointless because you're not teaching them a lesson to not kick indiscriminately, actually, you're encouraging them to kick even more.

Again, we are back to this age old argument, but we are only ever going to be able to offer our own point of view on this. I think that to arbitrarily kick somebody before they have even began playing, with the accompanying Bad Sport points to boot, is equally a dick move. No wonder it causes so much animosity by return.

I don't buy into this perceived nobility either in voluntarily leaving lobbies because somebody doesn't want you there. I say f*ck 'em.

Well, kicking other players is a dick move, but it's not on the same level, like really. It's losing a few minutes in the loading screen vs losing up to hours of effort in seconds. I don't justify it, but I see why people do it.

Also, if people bother to ask you politely to leave without kicking first, well, actually leaving saves way more headaches.
  • irish.chr likes this

dead goon
  • dead goon

Reject the status quo.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

Laugh and wait.

SHADOW OPS
  • SHADOW OPS

NINJA STYLE

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Improved GTA Member 2017

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:34 PM

Show them what real pain is.

Like doing Fully Loaded

Definitely.  Especially if they rely on aircraft for revenge.

• gtafan26 likes this

Xbox Prisoner
  • Xbox Prisoner

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:45 PM

I never thought of that? this can be a great use in empty job lobbies too right?

• Nossirag likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users