Quantcast

» «
Photo

Players are voting for you to be removed from the session. Improve your behavior or you will be kicked.

1,369 replies to this topic

Poll: (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (256 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Kicking:

1. Keep (109 votes [42.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.58%

2. Change (103 votes [40.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.23%

3. Remove (44 votes [17.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote
ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

The funny thing is, for the last two days I tried being in public lobbies looking for a Smuggler to work for. Try some of the missions just for fun or to try out some aircraft as a passenger/copilot/gunner. No one was smuggling. Only found one gunrunner and a couple vehicle exporters. Everyone else was just freeroamin' or set up as an organization but just PvP'ing other individuals and orgs.
Disappointing.

I just drove around in my Halftrack letting randoms hop in the back and obliterate whatever or whomever they wanted, until I got shot or the Halftrack caught fire, then changed sessions.
  • alkaline_, R3CON, Nossirag and 1 other like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:47 PM

Don't vote to kick someone who is better than you.

Rich coming from a guy who relies on expensive meme vehicles to avoid having his ass kicked lmao

Better and richer are the same thing now days, the way it should be.

• Nossirag likes this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Funny Snap
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:54 PM Edited by Sanches, 16 September 2017 - 06:54 PM.

I get this face.

Ppgbg88kn3I.jpg

Spoiler
  • ryannata likes this

Xbox Prisoner
  • Xbox Prisoner

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:55 PM

So many threads about kicks today

For real?

Maxx1013
  • Maxx1013

I want my cop outfit back

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:03 PM

Sucks, but they were there first

I wouldn't mind too much if that were true but every time I have been kicked I was there first. It gets really fu*king annoying spending 5+ minutes and ammo costs getting a solo public lobby just to have people join and kick me. I could have my second account in the session and kick people as soon as they join but I think people who kick peaceful people are a**holes.

• Omnifarious, Shadowfennekin, TiberiusMcQueen and 4 others like this

⁣V⁣
  • ⁣V⁣

M.I.A.

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:05 PM Edited by --V--, 16 September 2017 - 07:27 PM.

People who kick "randoms" or strangers don't really look for a conflict or such.
And they're mostly small. friendly sessions. What I used to do is just say "wow, rude" and leave.

Yesterday I tried something different. I invited a friend to do some VIP work, expecting them to attack.
But no, they just left. ALL of them. Presumably to form another small-friendly session.

I'm starting to believe the feature is really useless as it needs almost if not all other members to vote-kick a single person.
Might be useless to kick a cheater, though. But if something out of place is happening people just leave.
  • alkaline_, Happy Hunter and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Rashkovskys Shiv
  • Rashkovskys Shiv

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:05 PM

The funny thing is, for the last two days I tried being in public lobbies looking for a Smuggler to work for. Try some of the missions just for fun or to try out some aircraft as a passenger/copilot/gunner. No one was smuggling. Only found one gunrunner and a couple vehicle exporters. Everyone else was just freeroamin' or set up as an organization but just PvP'ing other individuals and orgs.
Disappointing.

I just drove around in my Halftrack letting randoms hop in the back and obliterate whatever or whomever they wanted, until I got shot or the Halftrack caught fire, then changed sessions.

Im always smuggling solo by myself in public freemode because no one wants to help,sending invites to my hangar gets me zilch.

I get that it doesn't make money as much,but the missions are fun especially with more players.
  • Nossirag likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:11 PM Edited by elfoam, 16 September 2017 - 07:12 PM.

I got a vote to kick message a couple of days ago the last time I played and spent my 30 minutes of VIP killing them best I could. It wasn't a fair fight, 3 of them versus just me but I annoyed them enough that by the time my 30 minutes was up they had all left. I was happy enough.

• Nossirag likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:14 PM

Start VIP work, get in an attack helicopter, give them fire and fury like the world has never seen.

• Omnifarious, IamCourtney, alkaline_ and 3 others like this

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

- Send several SMS messages along the lines of "GET GUD OR GIT REKT PSSYS" to all other players in the session.

- Go on open mic and start hurling racial insults

- Bragg about my '1337 SKILZ'

- Insist that I have connections in R* that will allow me to have them all banned

- Talk about how I slept with their mothers.

Oh, wait, those are all things I would NOT do. 

Yeah, I just change sessions.

• irish.chr, Voodoo-Hendrix, ryannata and 1 other like this

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

President of the LS Coquette Owners Club

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:16 PM

Sucks, but they were there first

I wouldn't mind too much if that were true but every time I have been kicked I was there first. It gets really fu*king annoying spending 5+ minutes and ammo costs getting a solo public lobby just to have people join and kick me. I could have my second account in the session and kick people as soon as they join but I think people who kick peaceful people are a**holes.

If you were there first, then that's a different story.
  • Voodoo-Hendrix and ryannata like this

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

I simply leave if I am placed in a lobby populated by one organization - the more random people in the lobby the higher the chance of more joining, so even though I'd not mind doing my own thing I don't have any desire to ruin someone else's experience.... might as well let them save their vote kicks for someone who deserves it too.

• alkaline_, irish.chr, Voodoo-Hendrix and 1 other like this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

I got a vote to kick message a couple of days ago the last time I played and spent my 30 minutes of VIP killing them best I could. It wasn't a fair fight, 3 of them versus just me but I annoyed them enough that by the time my 30 minutes was up they had all left. I was happy enough.

You wasted 30 minutes of your life in a pointless and petty fight, I'm sorry.
  • dieseltech20, irish.chr and ryannata like this

SHADOW OPS
  • SHADOW OPS

NINJA STYLE

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Improved GTA Member 2017

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:39 PM

If you are having fun it's not pointless.
  • Omnifarious, Neuling2000, No Homing and 8 others like this

No Homing
  • No Homing

QoQ

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:40 PM

People tend to forget everybody has diferent interests and ways to have fun. What doesn't look fun to you, might look fun to someone else.
Why do we forget that?
  • IamCourtney, bulldog385, TheKingChivas and 5 others like this

SHADOW OPS
  • SHADOW OPS

NINJA STYLE

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Improved GTA Member 2017

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:55 PM

People tend to forget everybody has diferent interests and ways to have fun. What doesn't look fun to you, might look fun to someone else.
Why do we forget that?

I ask myself that about this forum daily.
  • No Homing, IamCourtney, TheKingChivas and 1 other like this

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:55 PM

Just ignore it. 

me too, until i do get kicked (because i'm not doing anything to deserve to be kicked, even though i do sometimes do shoot at other players but i seldom destroy pv's).

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:27 PM

If you are having fun it's not pointless.

Having fun ruining someone's else is not only pointless and petty, is also being an asshole.
  • alkaline_, aDigitalPhantom, irish.chr and 3 others like this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:34 PM

Having fun ruining someone's else is not only pointless and petty, is also being an asshole.

From my point of view, your statement above could be as equally applicable to arbitrary kick voters.
  • Shadowfennekin, No Homing, IamCourtney and 5 others like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:45 PM

If you want to be left alone, then leave me alone - or better yet, send a truce text.

If you want to paint a target on your head, try to kick me.

I get why people kick. But they should also get why I stand up for myself. What next? Let someone keep killing you just because they might be holding cargo and you're scared of being judged?

• IamCourtney, bulldog385, alkaline_ and 4 others like this

Madhorse
  • Madhorse

Rat

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:50 PM

I never vote to kick anyone without a reason. I always wait and see what their intentions are, but I really understand if some people want to play it safe straight from the beginning.
  • bulldog385 and ryannata like this

The Other Dude
  • The Other Dude

Don't you go disrespecting coconut water!

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:06 PM

I think the vote-to-kick option is being exercised more frequently lately because of the limited hangar locations. Some people are trying to make the most of the double payout on air freight and I guess they don't want to hamper that by interacting with randoms. The probability for coming across randoms is higher because of the few hangars to choose from and my bet is that the folks doing the kicking don't want to take that chance.

• Gtapizzadouche14 and JustCallMeNiko like this

TommyVercettiJr
  • TommyVercettiJr

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:20 PM Edited by TommyVercettiJr, 16 September 2017 - 10:21 PM.

This thread is hilarious, and it reminds me why every once in a while when I feel a slight twinge of guilt for griefing others, that I forget it and remember GTA players are the biggest f*cking pussies on the planet.

Also when you simply enter a lobby and get vote kicked, it's time to teach those nice people a lesson.

• We Are Ninja, Arrows to Athens, bombkangaroo and 3 others like this

PetrolheadSupreme
  • PetrolheadSupreme

Are you feeling it now, Mr. Krabs?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:26 PM

How do you react when this notification pops to your screen?

giphy.gif

Throw on some Motorhead and start up Fully Loaded. Give them a real reason to kick you.

Is it time to play the game?

• Kyoto likes this

-LN-
  • -LN-

Currently Inactive

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:06 PM

I honestly cannot remember the last time I received this message when I were in a free roam lobby. However, I've received it many times during Deathmatches and Adversary jobs; I do not recall the votes ever being successful though! How did I feel? Like I were playing very well, of course! ;) :p

Either way, it shouldn't be a surprise; I don't bother with public lobbies unless I'm meeting up with friends and those public lobbies are often mostly private. However, if it happens, I'm not going to be upset about it and I'm not interested in wasting my time trying to decipher who it is that's voting to kick me. I get why it's done and it's very much a no hard feelings kinda thing. Pretty much the only people I'd openly seek out and target within free roam would be obnoxious people with poor mic etiquette and those who attack my friends. However, if I want to play a deathmatch, I'll play a deathmatch; free roam battles just really aren't my idea of fun--especially with all of the ridiculous things that have been added this past year.

• alkaline_, Voodoo-Hendrix and ryannata like this

FuturePastNow
  • FuturePastNow

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:35 PM

If I'm trying to get a session to myself and end up with just a couple of people doing CEO work, I just hop to the next session. Whether they start to kick me or not, I've got money to make and I'm not going to deal with them.

OTOH if I'm in a largely populated session and someone is trying to kick me, it's probably because my friends and I have been killing them, and they won't get >50% so the message is worth a good laugh.

• IamCourtney and JustCallMeNiko like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Proud Pigalle Owner

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:01 AM

Does this really warrant its own thread? There have been quite a few already recently.

The first post of this page sums it up, really: http://gtaforums.com...-but-why/page-5

• ryannata likes this

DuduLima
  • DuduLima

Street Racer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:06 AM Edited by DuduLima, 17 September 2017 - 12:07 AM.

Well ... before i get kicked i will go and kill those guys, if i manage to still in the session and these guys are with cargo or car i will destroy those things. 

Almost 5 times in this week .... those guys from those crews which get into the session and starts to kick out people only to do their job in peace like PCEO are a bunch of weak and useless assholes and if i remember ..... the name is public lobby not my-own-peaceful lobby.

C'mon i'm doing my job, tuning my ride, makin' my money ... i don't care about your business.

I come from my work to play the f'kin game, nothing more, we have a lot of probems regarding griefers, network issues, game freezing, and now these guys which are using this thing ... this became more common for me and some of my friends.

I rarely attack and kill someone outside DM and Adv.Mode, but those guys with this kind of thing ... oh boy ..... they are askin' for it.

• Nossirag likes this

septimoose
  • septimoose

Birthday Cake Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:14 AM

Don't tug on supermans cape

AND YOU DON'T MESS AROUND WITH JIM.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

OT: When I get the kick notification, there's one of two reasons:

(1) I've killed someone in a public lobby and they don't like it, so they vote to kick... it goes largely ignored.

(2) A group of pals want to do their thing uninterrupted.

- For the first one, I don't do anything, because they don't have the majority to kick me.

- For the second one, I tend to just leave by myself more and more recently... saves me some time on the inevitable kick, and I can get back to playing GTA in a session where my very existence isn't a threat. I don't really blame them, I'd probably do the same if, like, I was doing a $2.2mil warehouse sale and some random with a bright red blip joins the session. I'm not risking a full-sale just to be nice to someone else.

So yeah, I get why they do it. It is a little annoying but... meh... c'est la vie.

• Voodoo-Hendrix and J1M like this

Spadge
  • Spadge

The one that got away

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:19 AM

Start Fully Loaded.

• Nossirag likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users