Quantcast

» «
Photo

Who hasn't bought any of the CEO Job Stuff?

68 replies to this topic
GenericGTAO
  • GenericGTAO

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:14 AM

GR is the most profitable for the least amount of work. You can fill it in about an hour and do other things while it fills. You can sell it for around 250-270 in average of about 5 min. Heists are good if you have four players who know what they are doing. The repeat glitch still makes it the best. However, normal play is only about 400k in an hour if everything goes right. But still four players that dont complain about you not helping them. Helping other players is where heists fail. Its ok to help, but after two years, I am never explain the utility vest. Most randoms cant make the bike ride anyway.
  • Mr Walker and Rafae like this

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:07 AM

GR is the most profitable for the least amount of work. You can fill it in about an hour and do other things while it fills. You can sell it for around 250-270 in average of about 5 min. Heists are good if you have four players who know what they are doing. The repeat glitch still makes it the best. However, normal play is only about 400k in an hour if everything goes right. But still four players that dont complain about you not helping them. Helping other players is where heists fail. Its ok to help, but after two years, I am never explain the utility vest. Most randoms cant make the bike ride anyway.

GR is indeed the best.  Buy supplies, watch camera, come back in 2 hours and sell.

• jazzbone and Rafae like this

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:27 AM

I was like you too. I just flat out refused to even try the new content. Sure, I bought an MC, but only to have a place to store my bikes.

Then one day I saw my kid doing vehicle cargo with one of his friends.

I bought an office and vehicle warehouse immediately. The source and sell missions are GTA through and through. It feels like San Andreas, only better. I can't believe my stubbornness almost made me miss out on this aspect of the game.

I'm going to buy a bunker and MOC next. If GR is only half as entertaining as I/E, it will still be worth it. I got my warehouse full in about 3 hours. I made 700k in two hours afterwards, doing a round of Sightseer, followed by source a car, sell a car, then repeat.

OP, take it from me. I was the biggest new content denier out there. Get a business.
  • Rafae, Amy Vinewood, gtaoplayer and 1 other like this

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:34 AM Edited by zoso80, 17 September 2017 - 11:35 AM.

Technically incorrect. While it's unsanctioned.  Two Elegy Retros an hour = 1.8 million.

I'll take those odds over the R* forced hamster wheel.

Sell, go f*ck off for 49 minutes, sell again. 

Cake.

GR is the most profitable for the least amount of work. 

JoeFury1997
  • JoeFury1997

Easy lover, she'll get a hold on you believe it.

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:02 PM

Import export was one of the best businesses they added and I prefer it over heists. Sure those aimbots in the blue sultans are annoying but I'd rather deal with them than deal with someone who can't parachute properly in the humane labs raid.
  • Shadowfennekin and Amy Vinewood like this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

Import export was one of the best businesses they added and I prefer it over heists. Sure those aimbots in the blue sultans are annoying but I'd rather deal with them than deal with someone who can't parachute properly in the humane labs raid.

All you need to do is park the car somewhere safe and blast them from cover; I've got perfect locations to dive into at the exact moment they trigger at both my warehouses.

• gtaoplayer likes this

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:19 PM Edited by -RP-, 18 September 2017 - 07:49 AM.

The ole' saying. It takes money to make money is still true. I have everything and currently have 21mil. Heists and the old stuff is great, if you're still on last gen. The whole point of ng is to experience the new stuff though.
  • R3CON likes this

Lupo-Akane
  • Lupo-Akane

Mi-24 Pilot

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:50 PM

All you need to do is park the car somewhere safe and blast them from cover; I've got perfect locations to dive into at the exact moment they trigger at both my warehouses.
What! I thought they just kept spawning lol....

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

The Most Wanted

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:57 PM

Originally my post was directed at those who didn't want to upgrade and wanted to play with other players, but it appears now that most people just like doing this stuff alone and instead of a job they have a game that is the job? I remember when I used to say going to invite only sessions was weird and now it appears that's all anyone does.

So people would rather spend millions on a building then millions on storage then thousands on daily costs and play alone?

Mogg
  • Mogg

Kupo!

• Members
  • Norway
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:25 AM

Originally my post was directed at those who didn't want to upgrade and wanted to play with other players, but it appears now that most people just like doing this stuff alone and instead of a job they have a game that is the job? I remember when I used to say going to invite only sessions was weird and now it appears that's all anyone does.

So people would rather spend millions on a building then millions on storage then thousands on daily costs and play alone?

the odds of this thread collecting the people who hasn't bought into the freeroam money earning experience remaining a thread for only those people were minimal. i was surprised when i read the original post because of the lack of interest in the ceo/mc experience. 

there are a couple of things you seem to have misunderstood tho;

- you can't do any of these crates or cars in invite only. many people do use lag out techniques to have themselves a profitable experience alone. i used to do that too.

- yes you spend 'millions' on buildings and 'millions' on warehouses, but i've earned that back several times over. some times through a focused grind, some times between heist invites.

- if teamplay's your thing, don't dismiss these options. they do have room for teamplay, and even encourages team play over lonewolfing.

now go get educated; buy an office and a business.

• livejoker likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Questionable Aunt

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:29 AM Edited by livejoker, 18 September 2017 - 02:51 AM.

Well that's a rather one-sided point of view.

*edit*
I would've spammed-like a funny post, at least. :p

vqfOzrL.png

• Elektra likes this

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Proud Kekistani

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:32 AM

Well that's a rather one-sided point of view.

This horse doesn't seem to be thirsty. 

• IamCourtney and JustCallMeNiko like this

mrgstrings
  • mrgstrings

Knife beats Chainsaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:39 AM

I have done that at La Mesa before I went over to bobbing. No reason to waste my time any longer with them. :)

• jazzbone likes this

derek0514
  • derek0514

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:52 AM Edited by derek0514, 18 September 2017 - 10:55 AM.

Never cared for heists am lone wolf.

Bought them all - Have done MC, AE, GR A lot.. AE my fav. Have no use for SR except Hangar.

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:15 AM

People playing alone isn't a new thing. This is why I/E is popular despite PS heist being more $ per hour if played with a capable team.

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:15 PM

I like heists, but they can be stressful. I/E isn't really.
Nor do you have to treat it like a job. I filled my warehouse doing 10/10/12. Like I said, that part took like 3 hours.
But now in the evening, my sessions are going to look like this: Source the top range car I sold the day before. Sell another top range. I change up the cars I sell and customize them differently each time to keep it fresh.
Deliver the car, do a Sightseer, then source again, sell again, SS one last time and log off to watch Netflix.
40 minutes invested. 190-200k richer. That's a million bucks in 5 days playing less than an hour a day. That's not treating it like a job. Throw in one more round of my rotation and you'd be up to 1.5 mil just playing week nights for an hour at a time.

AfroKloud
  • AfroKloud

AK .

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

So technically, I didn't buy any of the CEO job stuff if both characters count in this case. For my main avatar, he has. And it's a Special Cargo Warehouse, a Bunker and a Vehicle Warehouse. For my second avatar, she hasn't. I may have her do VIP work, or chip in as an associate for someone else every now and then, but that's about it.

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:21 PM Edited by Milesinho, 18 September 2017 - 03:23 PM.

Just wanted to echo the sentiment regarding gunrunning. For ages I've been reading how gunrunning is pointless and rubbish for earning money. I hadn't actually tried it until the last couple of days as I'd been concentrating on research, but having spent a couple of days doing weapon sales, I'm finding it to be more lucrative than I/E. Weapon sales missions so far have been fun, fairly quick and reasonably straightforward. Buying a full bar of supplies costs $75k and gets you about $210k of stock (when selling in the city, more if you sell in a populated lobby). 

Put simply, gunrunning is a great way to make money.

To the OP, you freely admit that you haven't bought or engaged in any CEO stuff, so how are you in a position to make any sort of judgement, much less brand it a failure? 

• scaldy78 likes this

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:23 PM

Originally my post was directed at those who didn't want to upgrade and wanted to play with other players

People playing alone isn't a new thing. This is why I/E is popular despite PS heist being more $ per hour if played with a capable team.

Its not only a question of playing alone or not, the fact is SecuroServ provides the best opportunities, for solo players and groups. I also deliver drugs, weapons and stuff, but even in a crew session(so peoples ready to trade help) I will do it according my own way.

I do not bother with supplies or playing stupid missions. I glitch them, hence supplies worth nothing for me, so I can decide which delivery vehicle I will use. I don't care losing 20k to cancel a sale, I.do.not.drive.a.vehicle.I.don't.like

If I grind stuff for real, it will be my Large Warehouse or IE top range cars. 

For the rest(MC businesses/Bunker), my supplies are glitched at various scales(infinite, or not). So while I'm grinding cars, meth and cocaine lockups are autonomous, my teams are always supplied with infinite FREE supplies.  :)

I skip Post vans, trash trucks, dodos. 

Dinghy and Buzzards or single trucks are more professional and effective in my opinion. Sell the meth, sell the cocaine, and next stuff, no Post vans, no drama, optimized profits. 

If I sell my stuff alone in a large crew session, I can make +500k/20 min. And after I can return to cars/crates, whatever.

Peoples, if you don't glitch supplies, you understand nothing. Period. 

330806201709121608481.jpg

• Rafae likes this

-LN-
  • -LN-

Acquired Taste

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:39 AM Edited by -LN-, 19 September 2017 - 05:40 AM.

Well, I wouldn't use the word "failure"; there are many who are constantly able to make a significant amount of money with the business endeavours and there are also many who seem to actually enjoy partaking in the things they offer. However, personally I'm not one of them, but I'm also heavily biased and pretty much have nothing but contempt for public free roam lobbies.

I have the office, MC clubhouse (with no businesses attached), the I/E warehouse, and I gave in and bought a bunker while bored and eh, under the influence. However, I do not own the hangar.  In my opinion, the I/E warehouse was the best, but after awhile, it too became a bit repetitive and I found myself longing to go back and only play jobs. That's just it though; as I said, I've never enjoyed public free roam and I do not necessarily like the direction business endeavours have steered the game. A failure though? Perhaps not, but the things I enjoy from the game have been neglected to the point of telling me to go and f*ck myself. I'd give anything if deathmatches, races (actual races, not stunt races), proper contact missions, and the like were given some love, but sadly, that will likely never happen at this point. Free roam style missions might not be so bad if it weren't for all the ridiculous sh*t they've added to the game lately, but the free roam expansion route has also firmly established this sort of "grind or grief" type mindset. If the economy weren't so f*cked and unfluffy fish cards weren't the central part of the equation, the game might actually have something of a balance or grey area between those two particular mindsets. However, it's a bit of a lost cause at this point; my interest has sharply declined and I seriously hope to Christ that our next instalment of GTA online doesn't primarily consist of grinding boring, tedious free roam style work that must be done while fighting off players piloting fighter jets or futuristic armed vehicles ripped straight from the pages of a cheesy Mad Max clone. I'd rather see the game embrace more realism, contain a well-balanced and adequately constructed free roam atmosphere, and have a bit of everything to offer depending on your personal taste.

This is all just wishful thinking at this point, but eh, like I said, I'm biased and much prefer the game modes that have lobby options and the like. I can't say the new DLCs have drawn me to appreciate free roam; if anything, they've pushed me even further away than I were when I first started playing the game. The fact that many have to construct "private" public lobbies in order to grind and be able to stay afloat pretty much cements my view in regards to the new direction of the game. I don't blame people at all for doing it and I have done it myself when partaking in the offerings, but it also says a lot about the newer direction of the game as a whole. I find it rather lacking, but then again, perhaps I'm in the minority. Or am I?

• Cutter De Blanc, Rafae, Commander S and 6 others like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:49 AM

LN it's always a pleasure reading your posts :D
  • -LN- and Professional Amateur like this

-LN-
  • -LN-

Acquired Taste

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:54 AM

LN it's always a pleasure reading your posts :D

Thank you very much & likewise! :D I enjoy your posts as well!

• Rafae, alkaline_ and Professional Amateur like this

Spadge
  • Spadge

Hoochie Coochie Man

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:27 AM

I make more money with the business than I ever have with heists, I'm no longer dependent on other players, and I no longer have to deal with long loading screens for the majority of my play session. Not sure how they are a complete failure...

This here makes more sense and it closer to reality than what the OP says. This is how GTA is meant to be played, in an open world. No loading screens, no lobbies. Actually, you should buy an office, it is a total gamechanger, literally. If it wasn't for adventures and finance & felony, executives & other criminals & Import Export I probably wouldn't be playing anymore.

• CaliMeatWagon, Amy Vinewood and Hécate-II like this

-LN-
  • -LN-

Acquired Taste

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:32 AM Edited by -LN-, 19 September 2017 - 10:33 AM.

This here makes more sense and it closer to reality than what the OP says. This is how GTA is meant to be played, in an open world. No loading screens, no lobbies. Actually, you should buy an office, it is a total gamechanger, literally. If it wasn't for adventures and finance & felony, executives & other criminals & Import Export I probably wouldn't be playing anymore.

Interesting. I'm the exact opposite; if GTA VI (the online segment) doesn't have game mode lobbies and everything is contained within the public free roam environment, I likely won't invest any time into it at all. That honestly sounds like my worst nightmare; especially if it is how it is in this segment with everyone having their entire arsenal at their disposal at all times, the ability to refill ammunition with the click of a button, and of course, the ridiculous amount of armed vehicles and the like.

Eh, yeah, no thanks, I'll go and play Project Cars II. :p

• alkaline_ and The-Irish-Hunter like this

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:33 AM

You should be able to do your own business without an office. Not on the CEO pay scale, but small time sh*t. It's lame that you have to be rich to even be a criminal. Lol

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HYPOCRISY IS THICK HERE.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:36 AM

You've never tried it, and you seem unaware that the amount your friend will get as CEO is a hell of a lot more than your measly pittance as an associate, but ok, it's a failure.

I see quite a few posts on here from people that never tried it, but still continue to complain about it..
How can someone form their own opinion on something they never tried? I think they are just jumping on a bandwagon or sh*tposting for likes at this point.

This happens constantly. Especially with AM.

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:18 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again: For me, GTAO only truly came into its own once Free Roam became the focus. The system isn't perfect by any means (ie. Balance of offense vs. defence, or nearly total lack thereof) but I still prefer the potential for failure; the tension and excitement it breeds keeps the game interesting in a way pure PvE never can. If I can manage a 90+% success rate playing mostly solo in public lobbies, anybody can.

That said, I'm certainly not opposed to more love for PvE and/or other instanced modes like DM or old school racing. I still enjoy that stuff from time to time and a better game generally is a good thing for all even if the improvement comes in areas outside my main domains.

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:28 PM Edited by ViceOfLiberty, 19 September 2017 - 06:21 PM.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: For me, GTAO only truly came into its own once Free Roam became the focus. The system isn't perfect by any means (ie. Balance of offense vs. defence, or nearly total lack thereof) but I still prefer the potential for failure; the tension and excitement it breeds keeps the game interesting in a way pure PvE never can. If I can manage a 90+% success rate playing mostly solo in public lobbies, anybody can.

That said, I'm certainly not opposed to more love for PvE and/or other instanced modes like DM or old school racing. I still enjoy that stuff from time to time and a better game generally is a good thing for all even if the improvement comes in areas outside my main domains.

The structure itself isn't bad. Where it takes a turn into sucking ass is here:

1.) The experience isn't scaleable. You can't start out as a small time drug/gun dealer/car thief and expand your business upwards to the CEO/Gunrunning/Biker/Smuggling. This alienates a lot of casual players who would otherwise be contributing members of the community.

2.) The experience is usually interrupted by an overuse of explosives and heavily armed/armored vehicles. This actually reduces tension and cuts PVP gameplay scenarios short since car chases with guns are substituted for heat seeking missiles and sticky bombs. You cannot compete without using weaponry that shouldn't belong, at least in masse, to criminals. 

It turns what would be long, tense, exciting car chases and street battles into an explosion-death-respawn-explosion-death-respawn game. These are the 2 points that make this game literally suck ass. And both points are there for the sake of selling microtransactions. 

• IamCourtney likes this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:33 PM

*doing stuff*

*BOOM*

*respawns*

*BOOM*

That's not tension and excitement, that's repetition and tedium.

• The-Irish-Hunter and ViceOfLiberty like this

Spadge
  • Spadge

Hoochie Coochie Man

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:13 PM Edited by Spadge, 19 September 2017 - 05:23 PM.

Interesting. I'm the exact opposite; if GTA VI (the online segment) doesn't have game mode lobbies and everything is contained within the public free roam environment, I likely won't invest any time into it at all. That honestly sounds like my worst nightmare; especially if it is how it is in this segment with everyone having their entire arsenal at their disposal at all times, the ability to refill ammunition with the click of a button, and of course, the ridiculous amount of armed vehicles and the like.

Eh, yeah, no thanks, I'll go and play Project Cars II. :p

You can have your cake and eat it too. I love race & survival lobbies aswell, I just think the added free roam aspect is awesome, that's where I spend most of my time.

With friends RP can easily transition into and through acitivites, which is very interesting. We simply enjoy existing in that open world and interact with it in a immersive way.

I agree with you what conscerns the balancing and the experience in a public session. We have means to shut ourselves off from other people without giving up the possibility to pursue proper CEO Business activites and we also like to stipulate and restrict weapon use and some feature use for the sake of immersion. If you don't have the means to play like we do (which required a lot of research, community bulding and fidlling around) the experience wouldn't be same.

We make the game our own, this takes time, but is not really different from a modding process for me. It's only natural to me that time has to be invested into molding a game to your preference in order to get the most out of it. That's why I'm so grateful with the friends/community I'm in. If it wasn't for friends I probably wouldn't even touch most of the videogames.

• IamCourtney and -LN- like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users