Quantcast

» «
Photo

Lags when there's smoke or thick clouds.

7 replies to this topic
WhiskeyQQ
  • WhiskeyQQ

Player Hater

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:50 PM

So i just downgraded gta san andreas just like in the tutorial () but when i fly a plane in clouds or there's a lot of smoke like in the mission "burning desire" my fps drops below 15. And there's parts of the map that also lag for no reason like Willow field. I didn't had this problem in my steam version. Is there a patch?  

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:00 PM

What additional mods did you select and what are your systems specs?

WhiskeyQQ
  • WhiskeyQQ

Player Hater

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 4 weeks ago

What additional mods did you select and what are your systems specs?

If you mean the essential modifications then i checked silent patch, mod loader, remastered GUI, project 2DFX, widescreen fix and samp boxes. I don't have any other mods installed. 

As for my specs i have amd athlon x4 740 quad core processor 3200 Mhz, Nvidia geforce gt 730, 8GB RAM, 64 bit windows 10 pro.

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 4 weeks ago

Do you have any AA applied? Have you tried lowering drawdistance within salodlights.ini?

WhiskeyQQ
  • WhiskeyQQ

Player Hater

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Do you have any AA applied? Have you tried lowering drawdistance within salodlights.ini?

whats do you mean with AA? how do i lower my draw distance within salodlights.ini?

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 4 weeks ago

Anti Aliasing (to reduce jagged edges, it's in the game options). In salodlights.ini there are a few lines like: mindrawdistontheground = 800
Leave the above one at that and change the ones from the last cluster from 2000,1300, 300 and 800 to 0. If you find it not having any impact at all you can change them back.

WhiskeyQQ
  • WhiskeyQQ

Player Hater

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Anti Aliasing (to reduce jagged edges, it's in the game options). In salodlights.ini there are a few lines like: mindrawdistontheground = 800
Leave the above one at that and change the ones from the last cluster from 2000,1300, 300 and 800 to 0. If you find it not having any impact at all you can change them back.

Lowering the draw distance didn't help and AA is locked on off. I tried to reinstall the downgrade without checking any of the boxes and the lag disappeared. I guess if i check any of them the lag will be back.

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 4 weeks ago

You can always install some of the mods manually instead of through the downgrader to see which one is the culprit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users