Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which GTA that has best highway/freeway system?

23 replies to this topic

Poll: Highway/Freeway (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Which GTA that has best Highway/Freeway system?

1. GTA SA (20 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. GTA IV (10 votes [22.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

3. GTA V (14 votes [31.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote
CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by CGFforLife, 4 weeks ago.

Title

Me? GTA V has complex and amazing highway system, not to mention that the highway is numbered. San Andreas is close second
  • confederatestatesgta likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yup, Both GTA V and GTA SA are the strong contenders here. 

• SmokesWithCigs, GrudgefromSanAndreas and CGFforLife like this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

yes i always love driving on the freeways. i remember wishing that we could have numbered freeways. well gta 5 finally got it for us. but its not perfect either. a lot of freeway signs are messed up and wrong. but its still cool. the ones in gta 4 were cool but the cars drove so slow on them. you would have thought it was a side street thats how slow they go. gta san andreas had a good system too. the freeways were long and cars drove fast. but the drivers were terrible and always merged into you. i hated that.

• CGFforLife and Am Shaegar like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

GTA V hands down.

Straight roads for dayysssssssssssssss

• SmokesWithCigs, CGFforLife, ViceOfLiberty and 1 other like this

Trooper Fera
  • Trooper Fera

Are you late to the abortion clinic?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

IV:

Each freeway was different, not just another bland route through the mountains like V. 

For example:

The Plumbers Skyway appears as an interstate highway from the Hickey Bridge to Acter, and then it becomes a massive, dilapidated, elevated freeway all the way to Alderney City. Not to mention the sights from the Acter Industrial Park took the cake, with the flames shooting into the sky and the Algonquin skyline in the distance. 

The Algonquin-Dukes expressway becomes an interstate highway as well from the Algonquin Bridge all the way to FIA. It's probably the most realistic freeway in the series based on layout and interchanges. Not to mention the final valley stretch looks great. 

The Broker Bridge had a large elevated section (Not part of the Bridge) that met with a gigantic interchange when it met the Broker-Dukes expressway. 

The East Borough Bridge became a highway from every island and Charge Island. Not to mention the realistic toll booths as well. 

The Northern Expressway was a freeway from Algonquin until it became a small parkway when it reached Bohan. Not to mention the large, closed elevated freeway over South Bohan. 

The Broker-Dukes Expressway never became a freeway, but rather a large four lane highway across Broker-Dukes island. 

The entire Union Drive system in Algonquin was quite unique as well, with the castle tunnel and the entire Humboldt River stretch being a boxed in expressway constantly weaving around bridges. 

• Algonquin Assassin, Gokuzbu, Misunderstood and 5 others like this

Cheesy_wotsit
  • Cheesy_wotsit

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Guys I just spent 8 hours driving along the M1, A1, A66, M6, M74, M8 and A82.. believe me the last f*cking thing I care about is which freeway in a game series is the best.

• universetwisters and CGFforLife like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 4 weeks ago

^Then why spam the thread by replying?

SA. I loved riding through the freeway(especially in the woods)while listening to K-Rose and the Dust. :]
  • theGTAking101, Misunderstood, SmokesWithCigs and 4 others like this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Guys I just spent 8 hours driving along the M1, A1, A66, M6, M74, M8 and A82.. believe me the last f*cking thing I care about is which freeway in a game series is the best.

Cool Story Bro.

GTA SA. GTA V may have interstate numbers and such, but they're not much use since the freeway system goes roughly in a giant circle. SA's freeways don't go in a giant circle and plenty roll through all three cities.

• theGTAking101, Pink Pineapple, CGFforLife and 1 other like this

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

The onramp modelling of SA was a turn off for me. I'd have to say V... if it had a little more dense traffic it would be great. IV's freeways are f*cking cool to try to speed on too. 

• CGFforLife likes this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

I don't consider myself to be an expert in such subject, but I've never enjoyed driving these massive freeways in GTA V and GTA SA. I love it in GTA IV though.

• Algonquin Assassin and CGFforLife like this

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Luis and Niko will not be touched by Trevor.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Never thought about this in my life so I'll just pick IV like for everything else.

• CGFforLife likes this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by SmokesWithCigs, 4 weeks ago.

IV:

Each freeway was different, not just another bland route through the mountains like V. 

For example:

The Plumbers Skyway appears as an interstate highway from the Hickey Bridge to Acter, and then it becomes a massive, dilapidated, elevated freeway all the way to Alderney City. Not to mention the sights from the Acter Industrial Park took the cake, with the flames shooting into the sky and the Algonquin skyline in the distance. 

The Algonquin-Dukes expressway becomes an interstate highway as well from the Algonquin Bridge all the way to FIA. It's probably the most realistic freeway in the series based on layout and interchanges. Not to mention the final valley stretch looks great. 

The Broker Bridge had a large elevated section (Not part of the Bridge) that met with a gigantic interchange when it met the Broker-Dukes expressway. 

The East Borough Bridge became a highway from every island and Charge Island. Not to mention the realistic toll booths as well. 

The Northern Expressway was a freeway from Algonquin until it became a small parkway when it reached Bohan. Not to mention the large, closed elevated freeway over South Bohan. 

The Broker-Dukes Expressway never became a freeway, but rather a large four lane highway across Broker-Dukes island. 

The entire Union Drive system in Algonquin was quite unique as well, with the castle tunnel and the entire Humboldt River stretch being a boxed in expressway constantly weaving around bridges. 

No gta bore is mostly bridges and their toll expressways are all the same  bridges nice try fanboy :evilgrin:

• CGFforLife and Am Shaegar like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Your opinion is really valuable. 

• anthony and Roger Cheeto like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

No gta bore is mostly bridges and their toll expressways are all the same  bridges nice try fanboy :evilgrin:

are you gay dawg

Wancak
  • Wancak

For fun only

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

GTA V has much more complex highway

Nico
  • Nico

Gotta compete with the wily Japanese

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Why every single thread that starts with "Which GTA..." always ends up in a fanboy fight? And why is so hard for the fanboys of ANY game to recognize something good from a different game that isn't their favourite?

My favourite of all three games is IV, but I would choose SA's highways. They didn't feel like a racetrack surrounding the map like in V. IV's highways are different because they aren't interurban like in SA and V.

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 2 weeks ago

My favorite freeways are from GTA SA.They go through a variety of places (cities, forests and desert),they aren't too simple (for comparison,GTA 5 freeway is mostly just a circle around the map) and are quite fun to drive on while listening to KDST.The only thing I don't really like is how NPCs drive like crazy on them,but that's actually a problem with NPC programming,not the freeways themselves.

• Am Shaegar likes this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 2 weeks ago

SA had best system: by driving it you could actually get to another city. In V the system was very neat, so second place. In IV there was two highways which were a little bit too narrow and windy to my taste.

• Am Shaegar likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

SA's freeways don't go in a giant circle and plenty roll through all three cities.

This would be a truthful statement, only if it weren't for the fact there's no seamless highway transition from Los Santos to San Fierro and that some of the highways end rather abruptly in some areas. 

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Yinepi, 2 weeks ago.

None. Has Rockstar ever seen a freeway?

But if I absolutely had to choose, I'd go with SA. That's the closest thing a freeway Rockstar has created thus far.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

None. Has Rockstar ever seen a freeway?

This is a video game. Not a project set to start construction of a freeway. Rockstar has to also take into consideration about other areas on the map, and make certain changes accordingly. You can't expect them to offer the freeways of real life. For that games like Cities Skylines, etc are available.

mzt
  • mzt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by mzt, A week ago.

Not IV. You couldn't get anywhere important in Dukes or Broker without a huge detour along the eastern side and although the Plumber's Skyway was really cool, so that i almost voted for it, there wasn't much point to it. Liberty City is too small to make good use of its freeways; large surface roads like Montauk Ave./Dukes Boulevard or Frankfort and Columbus Ave. were more useful and faster. Traffic could be just right around the airport, but very slow and annoying on bridges and the tunnel into Algonquin. (low) [Although it's got the most attractive surroundings to see from the freeway. My personal favorite is the fire-spewing towers in Acter Industrial Park.]

San Andreas 1 had a few. I found the one in Venturas was only useful for moving between safehouses and stores around the outer edge of the city. I didn't really use the one in San Fierro, it was out of the way and annoying to get onto. The Los Santos one was useful to travel between east and west and of course out of the city, and good to avoid that tricky road near the alhambra club in Idlewood with the divider. The AI traffic on all freeways was funny and good for blowing up tens of cars but got annoying when you didn't want to be rammed into while stopped. (medium)

San Andreas 2 makes good use of its freeway for traveling around the city, and it connects seamlessly with the rest of the map. There are access ramps where they're wanted, and lots of good places to break into the opposite lane in car chases. I liked the bridges around the port area. The only point i'd count against it is that it's sometimes confusing how to get onto or underground into certain parts of it in east and central Los Santos. Although traffic moves fast outside the city it's also pretty good about stopping before hitting the player. (winner)

• Am Shaegar likes this

simond1986
  • simond1986

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

5 is most realistic indeed

zombieslayer777
  • zombieslayer777

my rhino tank's name is gertrude

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

gta sa because of the pile ups that would occur which allows me to blow up the pile of cars that accumlated from the crash

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users