a few weeks ago, after getting inspired by numerous mods that were recently released/updated, I decided to start a new San Andreas save and play the game since some years.
To improve my experience, I installed the following mods, carefully chosen to fit and modernize the atmosphere plus some technical aspects:
- Silent's AsiLoader
- exdisp.asi (Ryosuke's Display Settings Extender)
- noDEP.asi (to eliminate Windows Data Execution Prevention, got it from Junior_Djjr's page mixmods.com.br)
- wshps.asi (for widescreen HOV+ support)
- Tuning Mod by Junior_Djjr (incl. indieVehHandlings.cs)
- madleg's Ragdoll ASI Plugin
- fastman's GTA IV "fly through windshield on crash" ASI Plugin
- Mod MixSets by Junior_Djjr (CLEO-script)
- Real Traffic Fix by Junior_Djjr (CLEO-script)
- Oil Traces by Junior_Djjr ("Pingar óleo do carro", CLEO-script)
- Turbo Backfire - Antilag ALS by Junior_Djjr (CLEO-script)
- In-Game Timecyc Editor (CLEO-script)
- My custom timecyc.dat
- Manual Drive-By Remake (CLEO-script by ThirteenAG & Junior_Djjr)
- Brake-pad sound (CLEO-script by Junior_Djjr, "Som de pastilha de freio")
- SAAS (San Andreas Ambient Sounds by pep legal)
- V8 Rumble Car Engine Sounds, installed via modloader (had to convert the files to 16-bit PCM WAVs first to make them work in-game)
After playing for while, I noticed that my game was crashing in certain places and situations, mostly when entering an interior (like CJ's house), finishing a mission or in the beginning of a cutscene. For example, after finishing "Cesar Vialpando", I attempted to enter the savehouse and the game crashed. After another try, however, I was able to save without trouble and play further. I played until the mission "Badlands" with some occasional crashes in the mentioned situations (most often it was when entering CJ's savehouse). After that, I got a little fed up of the issue and decided to troubleshoot the issue and write some well-known users from the modding scene here.
Fastman92 (thanks a lot for that) in a TeamViewer-session was able to debug my game and figured out that the scripts "engine.cs" (a script that simply turns vehicles' engines off after exiting them) and "SAAS.ini" caused some trouble with vehicles, so I uninstalled them. Yet the issue did not go away. It took me very long and a lot of troubleshooting to figure out that my problem as well occurs with a "fresh" install of the game – I am using a clean 1.0US Hoodlum version. So it must be related to the savegame. At the moment, the game always crashes when entering the Cluckin' Bell located in Angel Pine (I spawn at the trailer there).
So I was researching for corrupted savegames and how to fix them and found a post by member "OrionSR", leading me to send him a PM and ask if he can help me out on the issue. Just a few hours later (thanks a lot for that too!), he took a look over my savegame and figured out the inconsistency that likely is the cause for my crashes:
CJ is set as a random pedestrian.
It seems that one of your mods must has turned CJ into a random ped, which led to crashes when using enexes - not sure what else that could effect. This is a new one on me so I don't know what to suggest as a cause or a more natural solution to the problem.I am unaware of any in-game strategies that might fix CJ's usage type. Suicide didn't help. Other strategies that come to mind usually require an interior.
Clueless on how to counteract this, I started a new save last night and played until I noticed that the game crashed again when entering CJ's Mom's House after "Cesar Vialpando". Since that, the game crashes once in a while when trying to enter an interior. I assume that the bug is caused somewhere around this mission in game progress.
Now my final question is:
Does any of the pros here know why this weird glitch occured, why it corrupts my savegame and how to fix it or at least strategies to workaround?
I would be really glad if someone could help me out on this as I was enjoying the game a lot more than vanilla, along with these mods.
I have uploaded the savegame on GTASnP for you guys: http://gtasnp.com/KClkG1
Thanks in advance and best regards,