Quantcast

» «
Photo

Membership Fee VS. Microtransactions

420 replies to this topic

Poll: Monthly Fee or Microtransactions? (189 member(s) have cast votes)

Monthly Fee or Microtransactions?

1. Monthly Fee ($9.99USD) (33 votes [17.46%])

Percentage of vote: 17.46%

2. Free to play (With Microtransactions) (156 votes [82.54%])

Percentage of vote: 82.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote
DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Do you think it would be fair to propose a paid ($5-$10) DLC that adds freeroam FUN content and no luxuries? It could include milestone novelty items that show your achievements on the activities? Don't have to to cook up a hypothetical content list so let's see what WOULD be worth that much. No high level content allowed! This would be a "one size fits all for all players, low and high)

Once maybe. Now, that ship has well and truly sailed.

It would have to add quality to the game however I really don't see what they could add as a paid DLC which would be worth the money and wouldn't give an advantage over those who chose not to buy it.

Whatever the content would be would flag up at least one of at least two problems.
1) The content would be useless. Players would complain about spending money on items that gave them no advantage
2) The content would give players an advantage over those who didn't buy it. Other players would complain about that advantage

They are now stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The only exception I can think of would be a paid DLC which was based around a new city to travel to, for instance, Vice City or Liberty City. That could even come with exclusive items which could only be used in the new city too. New guns, new cars, new game modes, whatever.

However I highly doubt any kind of map expansion is coming, at least not for $5-10. And just simply adding a new city without anything new to do there wouldn't be something I'd pay for. It would pretty much need to be a whole new game, new map, new cars, new missions, new characters, new survivals, new heists... pretty much everything GTA Online had on launch (plus heists which should have been at launch) in a new city... Hell, I'd pay more than $10 for that, I'd go as far as paying up to the price of a new game for it - especially if I could transfer my characters bank balance (not so much rank, RP should be exclusive to the place it was earned).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users