Photo

Terrible Sell Mission

60 replies to this topic
MastuhWaffles
  • MastuhWaffles

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:39 AM Edited by MastuhWaffles, 14 September 2017 - 01:40 AM.

So be warned, since rockstar gives you random sell missions for the hangar stuff you can get put with the mission that can really screw you over.

One of the sales is to deliver the goods in the twin engine plane with the turret on top. However the plane is very slow and instead of just flying to the sell points (5 each per plane) you have to fly to them under 4 stars with regular spawning choppers and the red enemy ones. 

When I did this I had 2 people with 3 planes, since the planes are slow and weak the chopper did enough damage to kill the engines. Now recently I went to sell with my friend, it was the same mission but since it was only 5 cargo it was 1 plane. However even with me in the gunner seat blasting them out of the sky, they spawn so much we didn't even get to the last sell point since they have god tier aim and accuracy. Once the engine starts smoking its over. It's really dirty and rockstar needs to up armor the plane or do away with the 4 star garbage.

On top of that I can't earn any associate bucks since it keeps saying the transaction failed, thanks R*.

• Goingcrowd9 likes this

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:41 AM

Yea I got that one too. Luckily it was only worth 100 grand. I wont be doing these smugglers busniess missions anymore.

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:26 AM

I`ve got my 42 collections completed so I`m washing my hands of the whole business aspect from this update. Even if they 2x the payouts or something I doubt it`s really worth the effort.

I may get back in if I feel the need to be punished. But as I`m married, that aspect of my life is already being taken care of.

• aFinn, jazzbone, Perez84 and 19 others like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:53 AM

It sounds like for the level of hassle of these missions the payout should be 4x as much as it is.

• jazzbone and Ker Juice like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:44 AM

Can you bribe the cops through CEO menu?

It's 12k a pop but in this situation it's seems like a life-saver for your sale since there would be other players flying other airplanes and being helpless, I'd seriously consider using it.

Also, the Mogul STINKS!
  • kovaandr likes this

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:12 AM

Mogul Sell is the quivalent of Boxville Sell.

Except the Mogul is made of paper and once one engine lets out the tiniest bit of smoke it breaks down faster than a smoking savage.

• aFinn, Xiled, kovaandr and 1 other like this

Piro
  • Piro

Pilot // The Lazlow Show fan

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:24 AM

I had this sell mission as well...
- Full hangar, four people.
- Just after spawning outside a military npc truck crashes in to my plane and gives me stars. 
- can't call lester... so NPC jet blows my engines up before I even left the place

Restarted the game and I lost only 3 crates so thats not bad.

• Gridl0k, Forza Harrd, El Payaso and 2 others like this

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:31 AM

Sorry for making another post, but I can't stress this enough.

I managed to lose both enemy copters. One crashed and the other got stuck on a pylon. I made  abeeline for the last drop point at North Calafia way where you do Crystal Clearout 1.

When I passed Redwood Light Track I noticed tiny puffs of white smoke. Now keep in mind from here on to delivery poitn I did not get shot a single time.

When I reached the middle of the Alamo Sea, One engine died and the other engine started dying. Quickly.

Again, once this plane starts smoking a tiny bit, it dies super fast. It's not because of your supposed bad flying. I can fly a Velum smoking black on both engines around the map no problem. The Mogul PPBPBHBHBHT die instantly

• Forza Harrd, Xiled and Goingcrowd9 like this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homie

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:49 AM

- can't call lester... so NPC jet blows my engines up before I even left the place

Kill yourself when you can't call Lester to remove stars

• Hyperlith, Forza Harrd and Fatsanchez like this

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Mark Chump

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:56 AM

I dont know any one who has completed it solo, I just change session as soon as i know its this or the 3 havocs 

trevorjc2511
  • trevorjc2511

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:42 AM

I completed it solo the first time i tried, 2nd time i was not so lucky, good job it was only for 2 or 3 crates.  

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:561__K/D:18.93 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:47 AM

From what ive played of the selling missions they're all terrible 

• Gridl0k and Hécate-II like this

SlobbishBoozer
  • SlobbishBoozer

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:38 AM

I too did this last night, only 20 crates and never made it to the final drop. Pathetic

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:47 AM Edited by aFinn, 14 September 2017 - 11:48 AM.

This is indeed a terrible sell mission. I've completed it twice when we only had one plane and 2 people. My friend was flying a Buzzard and shooting the enemy choppers down.

First time we tried was 2 planes, 2 people. Did not make it into 3rd drop. This was the reason we started selling 10 crates at a time, lol

• Amy Vinewood likes this

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Mark Chump

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

Kill yourself when you can't call Lester to remove stars

But then the plane will crash and burn all your stock away Doh

joel15cat
  • joel15cat

You are becoming hysterical

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:07 PM Edited by joel15cat, 14 September 2017 - 12:08 PM.

So be warned, since rockstar gives you random sell missions for the hangar stuff you can get put with the mission that can really screw you over.

One of the sales is to deliver the goods in the twin engine plane with the turret on top. However the plane is very slow and instead of just flying to the sell points (5 each per plane) you have to fly to them under 4 stars with regular spawning choppers and the red enemy ones. 

When I did this I had 2 people with 3 planes, since the planes are slow and weak the chopper did enough damage to kill the engines. Now recently I went to sell with my friend, it was the same mission but since it was only 5 cargo it was 1 plane. However even with me in the gunner seat blasting them out of the sky, they spawn so much we didn't even get to the last sell point since they have god tier aim and accuracy. Once the engine starts smoking its over. It's really dirty and rockstar needs to up armor the plane or do away with the 4 star garbage.

On top of that I can't earn any associate bucks since it keeps saying the transaction failed, thanks R*.

bah. Only 3 planes? Try to sell 8 Havoks with two delivery points for each, with just one other player. We finished it just in time.

in this case, Smuggler's Run is not intended for a few players, you need until 8 players if do you wanna sell without problems.

This is a list I have in my Smugglers Run guide on a Spanish page. It's in Spanish, but I think it's easy to understand. ("existencias"= supplies)

Número de vehículos que saldrán a la hora de vender según la cantidad de existencias que tengamos:
Según el número de existencias (Hunter, Alpha-Z1, Seabreeze, Mogul o Cargobob (con dos contenedores mínimo si vendes dos existencias)):
10 existencias o menos: 1 vehículo.
11 existencias o más: 2 vehículos.
26 existencias o más: 3 vehículos.
Según el vehículo que salga:
Havok:
10 existencias o menos: 3 vehículos.
11 existencias o más: 6 vehículos.
26 existencias o más: 8 vehículos
Skylift:
10 existencias o menos: 1 vehículo.
11 existencias o más: 2 vehículos.
Ultralight:
10 existencias o menos: 2 vehículos.
11 existencias o más: 3 vehículos.
Bombushka:
10 existencias o más: 1 (solo sale si juegas con más jugadores).

redamed9292
  • redamed9292

Rat

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:08 PM Edited by redamed9292, 14 September 2017 - 12:13 PM.

even killing yourself won't remove stars.i tried that.whenever i have this mission.i go to another session.lose one crate.meh

• GTP_Monkey likes this

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Mark Chump

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:38 PM

even killing yourself won't remove stars.i tried that.whenever i have this mission.i go to another session.lose one crate.meh

Same here doesnt take more than 10 mins at most to collect another crate 

sausagenose
  • sausagenose

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

are any of the full hangar sell missions do-able with one player?

• ash-274 likes this

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Mark Chump

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:50 PM

are any of the full hangar sell missions do-able with one player?

None, Far to risky, scroll down in SR there is a thread about it 

• sausagenose likes this

Aquarices
  • Aquarices

I'm a sucker for other people's pain.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:11 PM

I have a feeling this is all in response to solo public lobby truthers. R* is now actively trolling you with terminator NPCs and missions that are impossible to solo.

• EkaSwede, KWF1981 and GTP_Monkey like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

Same here doesnt take more than 10 mins at most to collect another crate 

How about bribing the cops through Securoserv menu?
  • Hécate-II likes this

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Mark Chump

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

Nope sorry bribing the cops doesn't work either, it's a proper pain this one is, just switch sessions it ain't worth the hassle
  • redamed9292 likes this

redamed9292
  • redamed9292

Rat

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

bribing is disabled and you can't get the cops off by calling lester.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:15 PM

Rockstar Logic:

Here are some cool abilities to remove the cops that you aren't allowed to use when they would be most valuable

• Perez84, Shadowfennekin, Skeve613 and 1 other like this

MastuhWaffles
  • MastuhWaffles

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:42 AM

Rockstar needs to do something because you literally lose all of your work because of bad design.

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Mark Chump

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:57 AM

It's not bad design and there is no such thing as R* logic they have put a lot of thought into this game and a lot of these issues are there on purpose purely to piss us off they must be laughing at us moaning whilst there thinking up the next R* logic scenario to piss us off
  • Skeve613 and Hellbendzor like this

secrecy274
  • secrecy274

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:49 PM

I actually (almost) finished this mission with a single friend though. The reason we crashed was not because of damage, since my friend could kill both enemy helicopters long before they could open fire on us, but because I thought, on the way to the last drop, that it would be funny to fly upside down... the damn thing plummeted like a rock.

• Forza Harrd and TheFroggmann like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:35 PM

It's not bad design and there is no such thing as R* logic they have put a lot of thought into this game and a lot of these issues are there on purpose purely to piss us off they must be laughing at us moaning whilst there thinking up the next R* logic scenario to piss us off

I like to think that they are so out of touch that they actually believe players think this level of challenge is fun

• chef_archie likes this

MastuhWaffles
  • MastuhWaffles

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:53 PM

Apparently if you fly in formation it can repair planes, but can it accouter the constant the barrage? And obviously you cant do it with 1 plane.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users