SA - Criminal Side activites.

SA Released
17 replies to this topic
thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:31 AM Edited by thalilmythos, 04 October 2017 - 04:16 PM.

Criminal side activities

8QlT2bv.jpg

One day i reached 100% in San Andreas, and used to say:

"Man i just wish i could shoot someone aside from this cops"

"I wish i could make some missions aside from saving people life on ambulances, putting off fires, driving a taxi or driving prostitutes around, i mean, am a criminal right? feels like i'm doing social service over here, one life, one fire, one cab fare, one prostitute at a time"

Many moons have passed since those days, and i slowly learned 5% of scripting, but at this point, i said:

"Now is the time, i'm making my missions mod."

And so, here i am, without further boring storys about my modding background, let's get to it.

This is cleo script that will allow you to earn some money by doing missions with criminal content (not like the regular sidemissions on every gta) like shooting a group of specific targets, on foot, or driving, destroying an specific vehicle, or beating down some fools, is all mostly randomized, so they can be anywhere, anytime at the press of a button.

"Beat em up"

1sdG9ZJ.jpg

This is my personal favorite, on this one you have to beat down a couple of individuals, putting those gym moves to work for something apart from beating old ladies and hitting a balla one or 2 times before you pull out a gun.

"Gang hit"

8B66lvh.jpg

Not too much to explain, walk by some fools and blast them, the Liberty city way, drive by's are just too easy, you could do it that way too if you want to, but where's the fun there?

"Gang Convoy"

xU3JOsO.jpg

This one is heavily inspired by the gang wars on TLAD, drive towards a gang and kill them all, but be carefull, they will allways react badly, if you want my advice, don't let the drivers see you, is not like CJ the OG is a friendly face after all.

"Seek and destroy"

PHzQqaB.jpg

This is the hardest one, you have to destroy a protected cargo driving around town, not really much more than that to say, just try it.

Driver: Escape

ereDnvH.jpg

In this, you have to provide 3 random persons a getaway car, and evidently help them escape.

That's all for today.

Link: https://www.mediafir...ions beta 4.rar
  • Fireman, R4gN0r0K, B Dawg and 16 others like this

Crspy
  • Crspy

Kick

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:04 PM Edited by Crspy, 14 September 2017 - 12:04 PM.

Finally,you released it  :^:

The second pic looks like one of those R* promo shots or even better  :catspider:

MKKJ
  • MKKJ

Honest Steaks

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:19 PM

Hey, that's pretty good. Feeling like muscle here :^: .

Liking beat em up so far, change things up a bit. And 3-car convoys of M4s? Yes, please.

thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

Hey, that's pretty good. Feeling like muscle here :^: .

Liking beat em up so far, change things up a bit. And 3-car convoys of M4s? Yes, please.

I'm playing with it myself a lot, because i love it, and to find any problem with the missions, but that's on the plan so far ;)

BobFromReboot
  • BobFromReboot

Hustler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:15 PM

Could you make it so the missions are handed out at random payphones instead of pressing a button?

• ImKubass likes this

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [Modding] 2016
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:02 PM

Heh, I wonder if I can find my "CLEO mini missions" from 2009 somewhere - if so I'd gladly share them if you want to build upon more missions like this!
  • thalilmythos likes this

thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:42 PM

Heh, I wonder if I can find my "CLEO mini missions" from 2009 somewhere - if so I'd gladly share them if you want to build upon more missions like this!

Of course! i'd love to work with such, i could learn a thing or 2 from looking at some of your scripts

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:25 AM

Dude, those are from 2008 so you'd most likely learn what not to do :p

R4gN0r0K
  • R4gN0r0K

☆ ♛ ☆

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:55 PM

I love it, i played around with it the last few days and this is what i do in SA 90% of the time now.

If you are open to suggestions i have an idea for a mission:
busting a deal:

on a random location (preferably some alleys) 2 groups of peds/gangs spawn where they are doing a (drug) deal and you have to kill them and take the stash (maybe let the briefcase spawn for it)

• ImKubass and thalilmythos like this

thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:51 PM Edited by thalilmythos, 17 September 2017 - 08:52 PM.

I love it, i played around with it the last few days and this is what i do in SA 90% of the time now.

If you are open to suggestions i have an idea for a mission:
busting a deal:

on a random location (preferably some alleys) 2 groups of peds/gangs spawn where they are doing a (drug) deal and you have to kill them and take the stash (maybe let the briefcase spawn for it)

I'm trying to keep it coordinates free, what this means is that i don't want t have peds appearing in specific "SA" places, for that i have "No abandoned Area" Which is another mod of mine who puts gangsters in alleyways on some times of the day, guard on the train stations, and some other stuff, check it out.

This i want it to be random, so you can use it in total conversions like UG or United, make it a side mission that you can have fun in every map you play at with ped and traffic paths, Also I'm trying to keep it story friendly which is why the "guy" that gives you the mission is practically anonymus and the killing of drug dealers is never for territory but just to get rid of em, however, i am allready working on more missions, so the fun is going to keep coming, i'll take something like this in consideration

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:22 PM

Why so many mission scripts though? Are they duplicates with some randomness applied? Some of those are not even accessible, since "generate random int"-esque commands have their upper range exclusive (so generating numbers in range 0 - 3 will yield 0, 1 or 2, not 3) yet the starter script assumes the upper range is inclusive.

thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:11 AM

Why so many mission scripts though? Are they duplicates with some randomness applied? Some of those are not even accessible, since "generate random int"-esque commands have their upper range exclusive (so generating numbers in range 0 - 3 will yield 0, 1 or 2, not 3) yet the starter script assumes the upper range is inclusive.

That's what they are actually, models of pedestrians and vehicles, also description of the mission changes, but in substance they have the same objective, there is approximatedly 4 variations of all the missions, Ballas, Vagos, and VLA for one, Triads, and SFR in another one, and well, you can probably figure out what i'm going with this.

About the "generate random int" i somehow thought about that, but i am glad i'm sure now, will be fixed in next version

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:22 AM Edited by Silent, 18 September 2017 - 09:52 AM.

Might be a good idea then to unify those and instead handle all this randomness within a single mission - it's missions after all so you have 1024 local variables to play with, way more than you'll ever need. This way it's gonna be easier to maintain too, as you won't need to apply the same fix over multiple files over and over.

EDIT:
One more thing - why are you decompiling your own scripts? .txt files included in the package are almost definitely not your original sources but these CLEOs decompiled again by Sanny.

thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:35 PM Edited by thalilmythos, 24 September 2017 - 11:17 PM.

Might be a good idea then to unify those and instead handle all this randomness within a single mission - it's missions after all so you have 1024 local variables to play with, way more than you'll ever need. This way it's gonna be easier to maintain too, as you won't need to apply the same fix over multiple files over and over.

EDIT:
One more thing - why are you decompiling your own scripts? .txt files included in the package are almost definitely not your original sources but these CLEOs decompiled again by Sanny.

Ohh, that last part is because, i learned scripting by making little edits of mods that were not mine, so i got used to decompiling everything, and started working like that, i'm a messy dude bro, can't help it, so when i start from scratch, i use the structure seen in decompiled scripts, because that's how i understand it all

Edit:

Brand new update:

-Reduced the amount scripts to one or 2 per type of missions

-Improved overall stability.

-Optimized the scripts so the peds behavior works better

-Fixed Seek and destroy trucks having no protection (or at least reduced the amount of times it happens)

-Gave bats and knifes to the beat em up objectives.

-New type of mission included.

http://www.mediafire...ions beta 2.rar

Ragil
  • Ragil

Sketch Person.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:23 AM

How do i install the "cm" files?

thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:35 AM Edited by thalilmythos, 04 October 2017 - 04:18 PM.

How do i install the "cm" files?

Just drop everything but the readme on the cleo folder, and you should be ready to go.

Update:

-Reorganized the scripts (just for scripters interested on taking a look)

-Reduced time on the phone while asking for work.

-Included an alternative text for the file in case you use other characters for your game which happen to be mute (you know who i am talking about)

-included the possibilitie to cancell the missions by pressing the sidemission button.

-Increased the amount of enemies on "gang hit" and made them appear in different areas. (taking inspiration from "Dealing revenge" on LCS)

-Increased the amount of cars on "Gang convoy" (Taking inspiration from TLAD and the hardcore difficulty of it's gangwars)

-Increased the amount of enemies on beat em up and made them appear in different areas (taking inspiration from "Dealing revenge" on LCS)

-changed the amount of money earned according to the difficulty of the mission done

-improved resistance to damage and weapon skill of all the armed enemies on missions.

That should be all for today.

https://www.mediafir...ions beta 4.rar

tempRZ
  • tempRZ

Pay the woman you fat f*ck

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:38 AM

Very simple and unique mod, i like it.

Although i suggest fixing all the grammar and spelling errors in the phonecalls/goal texts, it kinda takes out the immersion.

Nonetheless well done, its a good mod.

thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:43 PM Edited by thalilmythos, 02 November 2017 - 09:43 PM.

Ohh yeaahh boooiii

This just got a huge update, so get ready.

-Enemies in gang wars don't take pauses anymore when out of the car (yeah i know some people must have been hating me for that)

-Enemies in gang hits have better weapons.

-Beat em up missions now pay less

-Enemies in Seek and destroy don't take pauses anymore when out of the car.

-Now every ped from every gang in gang wars is there, no more repetition, because you know, inmerssion and stuff.

We are finally coming out of the testing and experimantation process over here, i'd aprecciate if people could report the glitches they find in this topic, i'm dying over here testing everything by myself, sooner than later the mod will be on one mission script.

https://www.mediafir...sions beta6.rar

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users