Quantcast

» «
Photo

Have you finally lost interest in GTAO?

305 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you finally lost interest in playing GTAO? (438 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you finally lost interest in playing GTAO?

1. Yes. I'm looking forward to other games, or I'm flatout burnt out. Don't care anymore. (129 votes [29.45%])

Percentage of vote: 29.45%

2. Kind of. I still love the game, but I'm less interested than usual. (245 votes [55.94%])

Percentage of vote: 55.94%

3. No. I'm as interested as ever. (64 votes [14.61%])

Percentage of vote: 14.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Awesom-0, A week ago.

I lost interest over a year ago. 

I just got tired of all the crap. Over priced updates with low paying missions, the constant grind, the neglect of SP DLC where you can't get the weapons and vehicles anymore. Theres literally no reason for R* not to include the weapons and vehicles in single player other than the fact that they are greedy and want you to play GTA:O.

To be honest, ive been playing GTA:IV multiplayer recently and have been having a blast.

I used to love this game, but now i just get disgusted by it when i see what it's turned into. Cars with parachute's? rocket bikes? tron minigames? People used to make fun of Saints Row for this stuff...

I still love GTA:V though.

EDIT: Unfortunately, i can see RDR2 going this same route with over priced DLC, constant grinding, and shark cards. Don't be suprised if you see rocket powered horses.

• tonko, Xiled, KADENZA and 1 other like this

hookitandbookit
  • hookitandbookit

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norway

Posted A week ago

My interest in GTAO is flickering at the moment, i expect the lights to go out soon.
  • KADENZA likes this

Daedalheidis
  • Daedalheidis

#coloredstockrimsexuality

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

For me, I never truly lose interest in things. Instead, I put it on the shelf for a later day. At the moment, I'd say GTA Online is on the shelf. The only time I play right now is when I feel like customizing a car or when a friend is online and wants me to play. For me to say that I've lost interest would be disingenuous as I am currently thinking about what colors look good on a Comet.

• SaveTheZombies and IamCourtney like this

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted A week ago

I haven't played it for the last 4 months.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

UNPHASED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Still waiting for my vigilante and now the new weaponized vehicles so no.
  • Nossirag likes this

SprinklesMcFartza
  • SprinklesMcFartza

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

My favorite game of all time has pretty much been wrecked since the bunker update. Haven't played in a month, did log on once about a week ago and it didn't feel right. It's not so much me getting burnt out, just got tired of people constantly picking fights. Always seems to be me vs more than 1. The money making with the hangers is like a slap in the face from R*. Might get on during Halloween, not sure why they don't just implement a zombie or alien survival mode for it, even if it's just 10 rounds of mayhem. The game is wrapping up, updates will end probably next year, not sure why they had to destroy freeroam on their way out.
  • Rafae, KADENZA, Nossirag and 1 other like this

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Yes. Done with it. 

I didn't sign up for a shallow online game that brings no immersion anymore and treats gameplay like a cut-and-paste afterthought.  If R* is more interested in pandering and chasing mass sales along with catering to manchildren who still love superheros and other 80s franchises. That's not GTA to me, that's not what brought me in. GTA:Bieber it is.  Designed for the quick buck, but absolutely has no creative longevity or quality.

They've tossed what made the game special and trashed it for mass consumerism.

The last announcement showing they plan to continue going down this path was the final straw. Time to do other things and say goodbye to GTA. They changed and not for the better.

• StangOne50, Rafae, R3CON and 4 others like this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

UNPHASED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

No. Because I have yet to reach 100K player kills.

HeistsActivist
  • HeistsActivist

Heists 2.0 Supporter and Activist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

To be frank I really have and I only hopped on a bit to do a couple of contact missions for Ron this week but in all walks of the game today I felt a tired feeling when just seeing it actually. I looked at my player sitting down and at all the chaos outside my penthouse window and felt kinda fed up. Seeing as they plan to make more business updates I think if I see one more I'm most likely done with Rockstar indefinitely. Do not pass Go and collect RDR2. Or VI... It only would take a couple of things to bring me back on and support R* whole heartedly so long as they dont f*ck these up. Adding new properties, tuners, or some form or new bank heists and Id be back playin like i ussd to
  • Commander S, -LN-, KADENZA and 1 other like this

KADENZA
  • KADENZA

侍の精神

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted A week ago

I share almost the same bitterness than you and I agree with what you have written.

Like most players, I still love this game but I have also lost interest in it. I love the heists or missions with friends but most random players act like rude and selfish kids. They don't know the words "team" or "brotherhood".

Races are fun but I rarely participate because most of them end up with bad players that intentionally seem to cause accidents. Makes me wonder if they're under the influence of alcohol and illegal drugs. Personally I would love to have more clothes and hairstyles for my character.

The game has so much potentials and could be so much entertaining for all of us.

• StangOne50, iLLYHiGHROLLER, Commander S and 4 others like this

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by zoso80, A week ago.

And you hit the nail on the head. R* could've catered to all playstyles and with vision had a game that could've appealed to all for another 5 years. There's so much potential and space there.

Instead, they went for the cash card 20%, PVP, gimmick crowd and superhero manchildren.  Thus, the game is now creatively dead.  If some fanboi says, 'there's always something to do' it's proof they don't get it.  R* has let so much of the game get stale its only appealing to the aforementioned crowds now. Grown ups, PVE players have in increasing numbers blown the popcicle stand. The last year of updates have all been the same when you strip away the shiny new toys. Grind, go here, get trolled, play in a forced public lobby, try again, get trolled - wash, rinse, repeat. Contact missions? pffff, R* doesn't care.  Hiests, why bother? They can make content for 10% of the price and make more profit.  Right there that shows you R* isn't about advancing the game as a GAME, it's just profiteering and playing on suckers who continue to stay on the hamster wheel. There's only so much of the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over - and did I say over - that you can do before you want something more fulfilling as a game.

In short, there's isn't much to that's fresh.  It's as well worn as the grooves of my 1930 Peetie Wheatstraw 78 on Conqueor records

The game isn't fresh in any way now. The only things that change are new highly expensive often useless vehicles, how other players troll you and in what manner the PVP crowd wanks.

In some ways, I wish R* would retire the game. Allow it a dignified death. However, if there is money to be made and fanbois who'll suckle along with that 20% who'll cash card up - it won't be.  It'll just lumber on getting staler and staler while the franchise brand itself continues to be further tarnished.

The game has so much potentials and could be so much entertaining for all of us.

• Rafae, Xiled, KADENZA and 2 others like this

Schroebedroeber
  • Schroebedroeber

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

For 2 years, GTA has been the only game on my pc.
But yesterday i finally installed another game.

I think its time to take a break.

scalliano
  • scalliano

Ice Cold Killa

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted A week ago

Haven't played since R* took $2.1m from me for no reason.

Don't see any point in continuing as a result.

• Nossirag likes this

crsN
  • crsN

N/A

• Members
  • Romania

Posted A week ago

1.9 hrs last two weeks / 1,954 hrs on record 

Lalisa
  • Lalisa

If it's not fun, why bother?

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted A week ago Edited by Lalisa, A week ago.

I don't play as much as I used to simply because I don't like how GTA: Online is morphing. I mean, back when it was announced I wanted to become some kind of drug lord and thanks to all the previous updates this has been made possible. However with the last updates GTA has started to turn into Infinite Warfare: Open World Edition. People running around in their APCs, motorbikes flying in the sky as if they were Harry Potter's car, clothes that I'm not interested in...

Meh. No thanks. I'll go back to Dragon's Dogma  :whuh:

• StangOne50, Awesom-0, zoso80 and 3 others like this

_47_
  • _47_

Leutenant Colonel USAF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Slowly but surely chipping away at my willingness to play on GTAO. Dripfeed. Adversary Modes. Rediculous vehicles that make no sense. PvP goating sell missions/content. Underpowered aircraft. I literally can go on and on. 

It won't be long until I find a replacement and I will be gone without a trace.

• Awesom-0, SaveTheZombies and zoso80 like this

WannaDJ
  • WannaDJ

YouTuber ▶️

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

It's probably the best game I've ever played, for my taste, but everything gets old eventually. Yeah, I still play it but the kinda repetitive concept for DLC's, stealing, buying, selling cargo and new properties it's kinda putting me down, but yup, still going on!

• Blasterman4EVER, IamCourtney and Nossirag like this

ALifeOfMisery
  • ALifeOfMisery

I see dead people...real ones....often.

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

Wouldn't say I've lost interest, when I work away from home it's still the first game I load up when I next get chance to play anything.

But since the latest "coming soon" Newswire post my interest has noticeably dropped off. I've gone back to strategy games like Civ VI for the first time in a long time and pre ordered FM18.

My motivation to play has really taken a hit due to the probability of us having yet another business update on the horizon.

I'll still play, but it will take something innovative for me to play Online almost exclusively again.
  • -LN-, Nossirag and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Cheesy_wotsit
  • Cheesy_wotsit

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

My interest in the game is dwindling, the reality is it's gotten worse since a certain bug a few weeks ago allowed me obtain enough car shares to mean I will never have to grind again. It's had a dual weird effect, firstly I am playing less but secondly when I am playing I am doing only stuff I find enjoyable, and yes most of that is just dicking around in Freeroam making not a single penny of cash.

It's very strange no longer having to worry about having enough cash to play the game has meant I can now actually have proper fun playing the game.

• Daedalheidis likes this

APB
  • APB

GTA V PC MASTERRACE

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

I have lost count of the weeks that I haven`t touched it on PC, is it my 3rd or 4th week now? It seems as if my crews, friends, everyone I know has lost interest in the game. No new meets, nothing else to bring me back in.

So yes, I have finally lost interest, but so may have others from the crew, friend`s list and etc.  At least maybe until December that is.

• Nossirag likes this

fryday
  • fryday

Prankster

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

I play GTA5 like an addict since 2013.

but during the last time, ist been missing some diversity and creativity.

the map is known to 100%, the radio station is turned off a long time ago,because you can`t listen to these songs anymore.

the supplying/selling grinding sometimes feel more like "work" than fun.

my GTA buddy, whome I play GTA since the original GTA1) is loosing interest more and more and it feels like its getting "old" (after 4 years :D )

• StangOne50 and SaveTheZombies like this

Cheesy_wotsit
  • Cheesy_wotsit

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 5 days ago

I play GTA5 like an addict since 2013.

but during the last time, ist been missing some diversity and creativity.

the map is known to 100%, the radio station is turned off a long time ago,because you can`t listen to these songs anymore.

the supplying/selling grinding sometimes feel more like "work" than fun.

my GTA buddy, whome I play GTA since the original GTA1) is loosing interest more and more and it feels like its getting "old" (after 4 years :D )

Yeah looking back on it is is shocking how gradually the game has gone from being a fun pass time to jump in to and mess around with to being a second job that I had to pay to have.

SaveTheZombies
  • SaveTheZombies

We Only Want Your Brains

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by SaveTheZombies, 5 days ago.

Other games pull me away but I keep coming back to it. I kind of like that every time I do, it gets a little more absurd. A friend of mine just got it so I've been playing again and I dig the tron bikes, the rocket bikes, tanks, and planes. It's starting to remind me of the old san andreas.

The businesses are very similar to one or another but its cool that there's something for everyone; doesn't matter if you like cars, bikes, planes, or firepower. I just wish the PC creator community were as robust as the community on the ps3 was. Don't get me wrong, there are some great custom races but not as many people making or playing the custom races. It's making jobs and playing the weird stuff others come up with that keeps it fresh for me.

If there's one thing the game really needs is a new map. I don't care if they want to come out with a new game or add las venturas or san fierro to the existing map as actual DLC. I'd pay for either but I hope they can build on the existing map.

• fryday likes this

georgewillie
  • georgewillie

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Ever since they brought back downforce and basically made the Vagner the best car in the game, i've been enjoying cruising and trying to perfect 1 supercar versus feeling the need to have 5-8.

Gunrunning has allowed some kind of passive income, which means i'm not anxiously grinding cars the entire time I'm online.  I can do so now at my leisure.

I don't PVP, but i do run with a crew and enjoy sale missions with them.  The friendly lobbies and interaction will never get old to me.

That said, the price and amount of military items are crazy, and will eventually be the downfall of the game

VulcanFanatic
  • VulcanFanatic

Long time GTA online player

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago Edited by VulcanFanatic, 4 days ago.

I have loved this game since 2013. I have played it virtually exclusively since 2013. My friends would kid me that I should play other games but I would stay on GTA and grind for hours, make money and buy everything I wanted. Other games couldn't entice me off of GTA. I have many games that I've bought since 2013, haven't played any of them. Hardly watched TV either, grinded GTA. What killed my passion for GTA online? Rockstar did. Public sessions only, meanspirited things that Rockstar does to keep players from being able to make any money. I am willing to pony up some cash to enjoy playing this game but costing $500 of real money to buy everything in only 1 update is insane in every universe.
  • Nutduster and Nossirag like this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

I have loved this game since 2013. I have played it virtually exclusively since 2013. My friends would kid me that I should play other games but I would stay on GTA and grind for hours, make money and buy everything I wanted. Other games couldn't entice me off of GTA. I have many games that I've bought since 2013, haven't played any of them. Hardly watched TV either, grinded GTA. What killed my passion for GTA online? Rockstar did. Public sessions only, meanspirited things that Rockstar does to keep players from being able to make any money. I am willing to pony up some cash to enjoy playing this game but costing $500 of real money to buy everything in only 1 update is insane in every universe.

That's me word for word. This was literally the only game I played for almost two years, and definitely the main game I played for the year and a half after that.  But the things you just mentioned, you're exactly right and they chased me away.  I really can't believe with the amount of hours I've put in - so many of them, hundreds upon hundreds, just grinding - I am still basically broke and staring at another massive grind for every update they release.  It's just greed, pure and simple.  And considering the last time I did try to play, I couldn't even get ten feet from my own newly-bought hangar without some douchenozzle blowing me up, I just feel like this game lost its way completely.

• -LN- likes this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago

At the moment I really can't decide if I have lost interest with GTA Online or not.

Part of me says it's time to move on but I still have that buzz of wanting to play and endure the challenges this game presents day to day, after all I've been at it for 4 years

and that's a record for any video game for me.

The grind is real nowadays though and with the upcoming Lazer for 6 million on multiple accounts I have been thinking it's time to put this to one side but then the evil site

I wont mention keeps finding new glitches that gets my interest in the broken side of the game again that were not supposed to see.

So it seems once again I continue on with GTA Online but probably reduced play time. Gran Turismo Sport will have priority. :lol:

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

For years, all I've been doing is log in every time theres a new update, play it for a few days until I've seen everything and then never touch it again until the next update drops.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 days ago

A question I avoided when It first popped up... And I've started 3 times now to list my reasons and what-not...

Each time it turned into a ramble about sh*t that most everyone else is saying... Balance/childish/rehashed/grinding/<insert damn near any complaint from F&F onwards>... You get the picture...

Just wanted to leave the door open, hoping for that urge to kick in, or the game to show vast improvements/flexibility... Of course, the upcoming DLC could help, who knows, but there's more than enough reason to think it'll further shaft the gamers in order to appease the (obvious) young market they now cater to, being as most adults I speak to have seen the ridiculousness of the shark cards/worsening DLC issue this game has had... The greedy fat cats want that last bit of pocket money out of all the kids they hoodwinked...

Poor sods, poor parents being mugged... Still, we all got our parents to buy things for us I'm sure they really couldn't understand, lol... Being a dad, you can be sure my kids like things I find tedious, but I suppose I still get (not talking about shark cards here, lol...)

Of course, I'm being cynical, well, except that they're clearly catering to a much younger audience than ever... But that's what this game is to me now... It's just something to laugh at, mock and see as nothing more than a hate-filled piece of sh*t that's now only held alive by absolute tools, mostly, as I do know a few poor souls, good chaps, and I dare say a few others I don't know, that are still holding out in hope of change... sorry peeps, can't see it... The clowns are foolishly still paying for this sh*tshow... It's here for a bit longer... For sure I'm sceptical going into RDR2 and will buy the next GTA too no doubt, unless they forego story mode outright... But the online sides to future games, well, these are things I must look into far before I commit any time and effort on...

I learned too R*...

I just don't like that the game resembles crap like COD, battlefield or other sh*t like that... Combat, combat, combat... Forced in this case too, so much so these days... f*cking hate all that crap... GTA is and always has been that much different... I'm a racer at heart, love a bit of footie and WWE games too, but racing is easily head and shoulders what I look to do... GTA always allowed me to feel comfortable meeting the combat/PvP crowd half way... Not anymore, crew stuff aside, if you got the time... Even with it's flaws, racing used to be alright... The new ones coming... Oh dear...

PvE is/has been obsolete for so long, unless you want to be seen as a cheat, made to look more the case by R* actually squeezing the PvE market further recently too... So what if the gamers sussed out the best ways, so what if the Blue Sultan's were a preferred enemy for a player, you put them there for us... To then squeeze that PvE market so much that the general consensus is that you're now a cheat to do so... A f*cking joke...

Yes. There's options to go solo, but with f*ck all added since last year really worth doing for a more grown up player to immerse in, not unless you wanna do some crazy racing set to a child's level of default, by all means, bash ya head against the wall... What a joke... All the older stuff is abandoned unless you are with a group, maybe, or an event drops, rare as they were too...

And coming back to read some stuff here and there on here, I'm convinced my time with this game is a long way behind me now, no desire, no curiosity to look at the new things, no haste mind you. Disappointment, absolutely, other that Gran Turismo, RDR, and Minecraft, probably one of only a small handful of games I've come to rely on as being just right for me, so it does sadden me a tad to see something I've spent years playing that it's become something I actually feel the need to heavily criticize...

Trouble is, GTsport looks like that's gonna be online only, bar a few lil' bits to begin with... I dunno, maybe it's me now, I just don't want online only everywhere, but that's where it's all going... I realise I'm now the minority in this, but for me, story modes/campaigns and such have always been my way of playing, role playing, PvE, collecting things, unlocking stuff, mastering new techniques and skills. Not to mention feeling forced in an open world supposedly in a sandbox 'no right way of playing' sort of thing... (If I make sense here, I know, it turned into a ramble...)... But at least with what GTsports doing, I know what it is from the off... This game embraced PvE players, really was a diverse attraction to the game... Now, you gotta go public, you gotta fight, you gotta team up, you gotta,. you gotta, you gotta... Bollocks!... 

There'd be so much we'd lose if GTA became online only, that satirical edge, going... Not a nice thought, IMO...

I mean, the hours I've spent here, across 2 accounts, include my many story campaigns, easily the most time invested into a game... Never thought San An would be topped, way over-played that beauty too... Funnily enough, just bought the PS3 disc version of that... Mental... Playing this weekend, old memories... 'All my ex's live in Texas'... Yeah baby!

I am looking forward to the future of this franchise, though it pains me to say that it's now become one of those games that I'll need to research and see if I want to play rather than queue up on day one an get stuck in... As I don't want to waste my time, or anyone's playing things I feel are for children all the time... Fun is fun, but if I wanted boom, bang, crash... I'd be on Cod, Battlefield, Just Cause or some sh*t...

It seems like I've gone on a bit, not a first, agree or not, one thing no-one can doubt is my love and passion for this game. That's why I love having found here too... We all love this game/franchise our own way... Just, like the crazy ol' Shawn Michaels... 

I lost my smile.

Hopefully, like him... It comes back 10 fold... But that's on R* to make a game that pleases all... They almost had it this time, going from where we were, the unexpected success, as I've said many times...

I hope they learned as much as the gamers, and the next one becomes the GTA I know and love, only better...

Peace out people. Thanks for reading.

• SeaWallTx, Aussie_Hunter, Nossirag and 1 other like this

am30
  • am30

is gta o still a thing?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 days ago

The game has long since died and Rockstar keep trying to resurrect.

The past 3 or 4 updates have been exactly the same and getting more and more expensive for those who choose to buy stuff.  Only benefits people with modded accounts and anyone stupid enough to buy cash cards.  Crap adversary modes after crap adversary modes is just boring as all hell.

Still go on it now and then but flying about on an Oppressor blowing up other players is hardly playing GTA O.

Wish they'd let it die and move onto the next one.

• SeaWallTx likes this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users