Quantcast

» «
Photo

Have you finally lost interest in GTAO?

440 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you finally lost interest in playing GTAO? (500 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you finally lost interest in playing GTAO?

1. Yes. I'm looking forward to other games, or I'm flatout burnt out. Don't care anymore. (154 votes [30.80%])

Percentage of vote: 30.80%

2. Kind of. I still love the game, but I'm less interested than usual. (275 votes [55.00%])

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

3. No. I'm as interested as ever. (71 votes [14.20%])

Percentage of vote: 14.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

Me and this game:

https://youtu.be/UPw-3e_pzqU

Only when they announce a new update ;)

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:36 PM

Popular ≠ good

Yup. It does well because there's a lot of good stuff in it and it has no real competition in what it offers.  But that doesn't mean it actually lived up to its potential.

• IamCourtney, Skeve613, R3CON and 4 others like this

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:46 PM

Popular ≠ good

Yup. It does well because there's a lot of good stuff in it and it has no real competition in what it offers.  But that doesn't mean it actually lived up to its potential.

This is very much how I feel as well. I'm playing it, I'm enjoying it, but in the back of my mind I'm hoping inevitable future projects which try to emulate it will use it as an example of what NOT to do as much as an example of what works.

• Nutduster, -LN-, Nossirag and 1 other like this

Melkor1993
  • Melkor1993

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Italy

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:06 AM

Ah...this game without the obvious sell out items and more freedom and 90 percent less glitches....

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:57 AM

I've basically decided that R* doesn't know or care what the players want, so I now spend most of my time in this game just f**king around with the same group of friends. Fun for sure, but no longer enough to keep me interested in only GTA and another game at once anymore.

The lack of good developer-guided content here is probably why I have started picking up a bunch of unplayed singleplayer games that have been gathering dust on my shelf for the last year or so. And there's the fact that I just found GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption for $4 each at a thrift store today, neither of which have I played before, so my list of annoyances with GTA V should give me an interesting perspective as I pick up those two games...

• Algonquin Assassin, alkaline_, -LN- and 2 others like this

UKPortista
  • UKPortista

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:00 AM

I still log on now and again, usually to collect the latest exclusive t-shirt that I'd much rather be pursuing Special Crates for (gosh I miss thrill of the hunt). But overall the game just doesn't engage me in the same way that it once did...so now I mainly spend my free time doing other stuff. C'est lá vie.

Da Elite Ninjah
  • Da Elite Ninjah

Ninja

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:12 AM

I had lost interest, been gone for a couple of weeks but now i'm back like it's a brand new game. Loving it again :D

• ragedandcaged likes this

Oakeni
  • Oakeni

Cruiser

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:36 AM

Yes I have.

For me to get this game going strong again it will require a map expansion.

Spoiler

Something along this design.

I most definitely would pay real money (~$60) for this kind of expansion.

Don't get me wrong, I love new content, but we have roamed around the same terrain too much.

I'm sure many would pay for this kind of expansion too.. and heck while we are at it: they should increase the player limit per session to atleast 64-128.

But not sure if that only works with servers rather than the current p2p connection system..

I just loved the ambition The Benz had about GTA Online and the expansion possibilities.

• Pedinhuh likes this

PetrolCB
  • PetrolCB

I Am The Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:54 AM

When I'm not helping friends out, I find myself golfing most of the time. That or tennis.

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:18 AM

Yes I have.

For me to get this game going strong again it will require a map expansion.

Spoiler

Something along this design.

I most definitely would pay real money (~$60) for this kind of expansion.

Don't get me wrong, I love new content, but we have roamed around the same terrain too much.

I'm sure many would pay for this kind of expansion too.. and heck while we are at it: they should increase the player limit per session to atleast 64-128.

But not sure if that only works with servers rather than the current p2p connection system..

I just loved the ambition The Benz had about GTA Online and the expansion possibilities.

That map is like 90% wasted space lol

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:12 PM

And there's the fact that I just found GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption for $4 each at a thrift store today.

That's $8 well worth spent. Especially GTA IV.

hispls
  • hispls

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

It's not that I'm losing interest in the game, it's as if the game is losing interest in me

Very well stated.  The in-your-face shameless cash grab with """updates""" that appeal to 10 year olds and other lowest common denominator just seem insulting and I can't play for long at all before something just rubs me wrong, immersion breaking fun hampering mechanics that are simply designed to waste time for the sake of wasting time to hinder in game money earning.  Even when it doesn't effect me it's just like a slap in the face I feel like I'm being insulted.

I pop by this forum once a week to see if there's anything worth putting the game in and going online for but so far I haven't even bothered since before the hanger update dropped and I even have enough money to buy everything I want out of it and then some. 

At this point it's just depressing.  I've had so much fun with this game story mode multiple times and last gen and current gen platform, hours of fun with friends online, and just watching R* looting the store as they burn it to the ground is heartbreaking.  So many fond memories just soured by the game's current state I'm starting to just wish they'd keep their hands off and let it die with some dignity. 

Playing FF12 remastered now, going for 100% which actually feels less grindy than GTAO, and those older JRPGs set the standard for being grindy. 

• BigJoe_1 likes this

sebcreed
  • sebcreed

Player Hater... Not!

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Best Event 2014 [Van Society Meets]

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:28 PM

I have played GTA since the early days back on PS3. I have pretty much every day played GTAO, and I was a big fan of it. After I got a not so legit account on PS4, I could finally keep up with the updates that came around (Yes, I was honestly too lazy to grind missions for every time they released an update).  I acutally spent hours after hours in heist, as thats what really interested me, but after a while, repeatedly playing the same heists over and over became boring. Plus I mostly played with a friend of mine, and we both agreed that the game became more boring by the time. But we stayed as that was the only game we could play together. Sadly Rockstar became less interested in the players and more interested in ways of earning money, as we can see how they push the shark cards in every way possible. I was in general very tired of the game and the community that came along with it. I received tens of messages when I was in open lobbies. Not so nice ones lets say. 

My friend mentioned a free game and I downloaded it to see if it was something for me, as im not that into space games (i thought). Ever since we both started play that game, we havent touched GTA since. I went on GTA for 15 minutes to buy all the stuff from Smugglers Run and was gonna try the vehicles, but I realized that I didnt find interest in it anymore. The longer break I had, the less I felt like starting up the game. Now I acutally enjoy playing games as we both found a game that wasnt a pay to win or was running poorly. (Yes, I feel GTA is running poorly). 

And since Destiny 2 is now released, I am very sure I wont be playing GTA as I did before. Not sure if I will play it at all :)

(I know I wrote kind of the same above, but added a fuller response, lol)

That game wouldn't be Warframe by any chance, would it? :D ;)

fryday
  • fryday

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:41 PM

Please remind all yourself, that we talk about a lost of interest for a game, which is already 4 years old.

Not many games last that long

• wehweh01 likes this

Anasterian
  • Anasterian

Harbinger of Revenge

• Members

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

I'm bored. I'm not buying into the stupid paywalls of Gunrunning. 1 million something for MoC, another few hundred grand for an upgrade bay, a chunk of money for weaponized tampa, now research the random upgrades, spend millions on fast tracking or months on unlocking... and now pay hundreds of thousands to apply those upgrades to your car? Nope, I'll just stick to Armored Kuruma + AP Pistol vs your 500% damage, 100% accuracy and 1000% HP NPC bullet sponges.

Smuggler's Run? Please. The Crate Warehouse, except always using a plane? No thanks. Also, I was mildly interested in the Hunter. But, 4 million price? Okay, discount included that's 3 million, except you pay at least a million for a Hangar so it effectively is 4 million anyway, screw that. Then I'd have to pay extra for upgrades? LOL.

The only thing I actually care about now is the Cyclone. There's like 10 bloody aircraft locked away and one car. And that car is all I want. This dripfeed sh*t is so disgusting that I probably won't play much until the car is out. No reason to. I already have enough money for it. I'm not rich either.

I only dip in when there's 2x cash on I/E, or Heists. Provided hackers aren't going around draining money.

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:23 PM

Well I hate to say so but I log on and just look out my window thinking what's next don't know, i end up driving nowhere fast I get bored and just log off maybe I should start killing people, I haven't tapped in the PvP side of the game :(
  • -LN- likes this

-LN-
  • -LN-

Acquired Taste

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:33 PM

Well I hate to say so but I log on and just look out my window thinking what's next don't know, i end up driving nowhere fast I get bored and just log off maybe I should start killing people, I haven't tapped in the PvP side of the game :(

We should play deathmatches sometime; that is how I prefer PvP! :) With the right settings (forced+pickups), they can be quite fun and even addictive at times.

Of course, most random lobbies are not set up this way, so it generally comes down to hosting your own and being fortunate and patient enough to find enough people who will join and actually stay.
  • Rafae, deadx23, alkaline_ and 2 others like this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:36 PM

Me and this game:

Only when they announce a new update ;)

I find that with arguments such as "Just play something else" or "Why are you still playing?, it's not that simple with wide open sandboxes.

With other game genres such as FPS or racing, the competition is fairly close in quality. If you don't like one game, you can easily hop onto another game and still feel satisfied (for lack of better words). You have options.

With Grand Theft Auto, however, there is virtually no competition. Sure other sandbox games exist. Sure judgement varies from person to person. But the general consensus is that GTA blows everything else out of the water; nothing comes close to matching it. This puts some players between a rock and a hard place. You want to leave GTA Online because you're fed up with Rockstar's money milking business practices. At the same time, you want that top-notch wide open sandbox gameplay that only GTA can offer. As a result, these players find themselves caught in a vicious cycle of wanting to escape but being pulled back in.

• jackrobot, Commander S, IamCourtney and 6 others like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:22 AM

I find that with arguments such as "Just play something else" or "Why are you still playing?, it's not that simple with wide open sandboxes.

With other game genres such as FPS or racing, the competition is fairly close in quality. If you don't like one game, you can easily hop onto another game and still feel satisfied (for lack of better words). You have options.

With Grand Theft Auto, however, there is virtually no competition. Sure other sandbox games exist. Sure judgement varies from person to person. But the general consensus is that GTA blows everything else out of the water; nothing comes close to matching it. This puts some players between a rock and a hard place. You want to leave GTA Online because you're fed up with Rockstar's money milking business practices. At the same time, you want that top-notch wide open sandbox gameplay that only GTA can offer. As a result, these players find themselves caught in a vicious cycle of wanting to escape but being pulled back in.

Not only that, but before R* started narrowing the focus/appeal of updates to only a certain kind of player, the game used to be really good at offering a bit of something for everyone. R* did an impressive job of catering to most tastes, play styles, etc., which is why the community was so big, diverse, and (mostly - 'gamers' gonna 'gamer', after all... :sigh:) healthy. IMO, that was the key factor to the game's success, above just mere polished presentation, and they did a good job of maintaining that for well over two years.

If R* hadn't earned all that support and goodwill over a long period, I imagine that players would have just quit the game in droves on the back of things like the 'public freemode only' focus, ridiculous price hikes, lack of quality control in any area that doesn't make money (clothing being the main offender, IMO...), gimmicky vehicles being added at the expense of verisimilitude/variety, etc. But because R* did such a good job of cultivating a dedicated community, most of us who are feeling frustrated and left out by R*'s current direction are often just too invested to give up on the game and walk away.

This game was the only game I needed from launch to around the time Lowriders came out, two years later. I still never take the disc out of my console, even! And I can't just ignore how much fun it was back in the good old days, and how little it'd take to make good on much of the still-untapped potential of GTAO, to declare it beyond saving. But when there's a total lack of community interaction and transparency on R*'s part, and the majority of content is still stuck on this same controversial trajectory, it does feel like a delusional waste of time holding out hope for a turnaround - and I've watched an entire segment of the GTAO community wither away over the last several months in response to constant unsatisfying gimmicky warzone stuff like Smuggler's Run and Gunrunning, rather than things with broader appeal.

• Rafae, -LN-, HamwithCheese and 2 others like this

DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

I hope Everyone's having a great Day/Night

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:34 AM

It's getting boring and unbalanced! Tryhards are everywhere. Everything's overpriced, The rewards for missions are really low. This game is turning into Saints Row.
  • Gtapizzadouche14 and Nossirag like this

wosniies
  • wosniies

Viking

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:32 AM

I have played GTA since the early days back on PS3. I have pretty much every day played GTAO, and I was a big fan of it. After I got a not so legit account on PS4, I could finally keep up with the updates that came around (Yes, I was honestly too lazy to grind missions for every time they released an update).  I acutally spent hours after hours in heist, as thats what really interested me, but after a while, repeatedly playing the same heists over and over became boring. Plus I mostly played with a friend of mine, and we both agreed that the game became more boring by the time. But we stayed as that was the only game we could play together. Sadly Rockstar became less interested in the players and more interested in ways of earning money, as we can see how they push the shark cards in every way possible. I was in general very tired of the game and the community that came along with it. I received tens of messages when I was in open lobbies. Not so nice ones lets say. 

My friend mentioned a free game and I downloaded it to see if it was something for me, as im not that into space games (i thought). Ever since we both started play that game, we havent touched GTA since. I went on GTA for 15 minutes to buy all the stuff from Smugglers Run and was gonna try the vehicles, but I realized that I didnt find interest in it anymore. The longer break I had, the less I felt like starting up the game. Now I acutally enjoy playing games as we both found a game that wasnt a pay to win or was running poorly. (Yes, I feel GTA is running poorly). 

And since Destiny 2 is now released, I am very sure I wont be playing GTA as I did before. Not sure if I will play it at all :)

(I know I wrote kind of the same above, but added a fuller response, lol)

That game wouldn't be Warframe by any chance, would it? :D ;)

Eehh, you are totally right, my man :D ;)

Non Fiction
  • Non Fiction

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:51 AM

It's getting boring and unbalanced! Tryhards are everywhere. Everything's overpriced, The rewards for missions are really low. This game is turning into Saints Row.

Things got cartoonish/Saints Row when the
PS4 version came out. They have just taken it to a worse level now
  • DoctorMike likes this

derek0514
  • derek0514

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

I have lost interest in grinding in public lobbies. Since the hangars even optimal lobbies fill up quickly.

So have gone back to pre CEO roots.

wehweh01
  • wehweh01

Crates 4 Life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:37 PM

I'm struggling. Every time I get on, I just sit there, wondering what business to do or what job to do, and I don't do anything. I might do a race, then nothing, then turn off the game and watch a movie.

Something finally feels different for me, like every new update is somehow derivative.

My interest has hit a low. All I can think about is RDR2.

So are you finally losing interest? Or What?

Considering most of us have been playing this game EXCLUSIVELY for the last 4 years I'd say ya...we are all feeling this way. I just recently took about a month break from the game to play some old school diablo 2. Now I'm back and inspired to get my cash back up to $100,000,000+ so I can get back to going absolutely apesh*t in freemode lobbies until more content comes out.

The road to 2000 crates is coming to an end soon  :panic:

AfroKloud
  • AfroKloud

AK .

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:26 PM

Welllllll.....yyyes and no. Kind of.

Despite some of the DLCs that made the game sh*tty and/or unbalanced, I still love the game nevertheless. But I wouldn't say I'm too less interested in the game. Some things about it keeps dragging me back and makes it one of the games I play the most.

It would have to be taking snaps or pictures. Well that's one of the reasons why I keep logging in to GTA(O) out of numerous others.

Jon Jon
  • Jon Jon

Jonny Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:01 PM

Finally! The thread for me!

Yes, due to a combination of things, I officially became burnt out with the game in late 2015/early 2016. I mean, I did briefly develop an interest for the game again back when the Gunrunning and Smuggler's Run dlc's were announced. However, they weren't and still aren't enough to make me go buy a current gen console just to play with all the new virtual toys. I have a list of other games that I'd rather play than to play GTAO. It's been almost a full two years since I last played GTAO and it could be another two years before I get around to playing it again, if I ever do. You can only play the same game for so long before you get tired of it and the community surrounding it.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:35 PM

I lost interest my first time a little after the re-release on Xbox1/PS4. I was enjoying it but the hackers were annoying. I regained interest here and there but always for short amounts of time. I managed to buy the car garage to do stolen car missions and mistakenly bought a Motorcycle Clubhouse. Then came the bunkers and huge, nearly indestructible trucks. I became even less interested.

But one single night in particular deterred me the most. A jet that just wouldn't go down. The player was able to outrun every single rocket [we] fired. All the jet player had to do was fly in circles and never once did he seem distressed. Just killed us and went back to his circle pattern. And I'm pretty sure most of us in the lobby were all after that one player. Now they drop a giant airplane crap in my lap. Nope. No thanks.

I only come here to see how annoyed other people are with this money grubbing sh*tshow.

Lucius M. Galloway
  • Lucius M. Galloway

Blood God

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:18 AM

Once they continue doing the copy and paste "updates" they are currently doing, which zero effort, then it's time put this thing on the shelf. I guess they figure "hey, it gets us shark card sales, good enough eh?"

septimoose
  • septimoose

Birthday Cake Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:27 AM

I'm struggling. Every time I get on, I just sit there, wondering what business to do or what job to do, and I don't do anything. I might do a race, then nothing, then turn off the game and watch a movie.

Something finally feels different for me, like every new update is somehow derivative.

My interest has hit a low. All I can think about is RDR2.

So are you finally losing interest? Or What?

Considering most of us have been playing this game EXCLUSIVELY for the last 4 years I'd say ya...we are all feeling this way. I just recently took about a month break from the game to play some old school diablo 2. Now I'm back and inspired to get my cash back up to $100,000,000+ so I can get back to going absolutely apesh*t in freemode lobbies until more content comes out.

The road to 2000 crates is coming to an end soon  :panic:

Dammit man, now I'm gonna have to dig out Diablo 2.

Nugsy
  • Nugsy

President of Restless MC

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:41 AM Edited by Nugsy, 24 September 2017 - 02:44 AM.

No but I have lost all patience with all these "Is GTA dead" type threads.

GTFO of GTAforums if you don't like GTA. (My sarcastic point being if you didn't like it you wouldn't be here). Just have your say in the bitching thread and have done with it.

• ragedandcaged likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users