Quantcast

» «
Photo

Have you finally lost interest in GTAO?

307 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you finally lost interest in playing GTAO? (440 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you finally lost interest in playing GTAO?

1. Yes. I'm looking forward to other games, or I'm flatout burnt out. Don't care anymore. (130 votes [29.55%])

Percentage of vote: 29.55%

2. Kind of. I still love the game, but I'm less interested than usual. (246 votes [55.91%])

Percentage of vote: 55.91%

3. No. I'm as interested as ever. (64 votes [14.55%])

Percentage of vote: 14.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote
gtaoplayer
  • gtaoplayer

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well...

Spoiler
  • jackrobot, hei3enberg, Locce and 9 others like this

Mexicola9302
  • Mexicola9302

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

I still play the game but i stopped grinding for now. Still have around 87 million so no reason to really play the game. I check in every tuesday to buy the newest vehicle and try it out for a while and then stop playing. Playing a lot of Forza Horizon 3 lately i try to get all cars. I only need to get 130 more cars then i have them all. :D

If we had more garage space enough to store all cars available in the game i would grind the sh*t out of it to collect them all. But no we can only have 120 cars. I mean what am i supposed to do in the game if i already have it all and can`t buy anything new.

Waiting for the Hunter, Cyclone and Vigilante. Want to play contact missions with these vehicles.

• Nossirag likes this

alkaline_
  • alkaline_

the fluffy penguin

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by alkaline_, 4 weeks ago.

well atm (not the one you can shove your money into your bank account hihihi i mean at the moment!!!) i'm more on the sparkly forums than i be playing sparkly ginger ale online! i'm taking more and more breaks, but when i come back, it's always a truly pearly comeback hihihi also my crew is lot's of fun right meow, even though i'm offline often, some fluffy penguins take care of the crew and get new penguins to join our penguin family! we're a real huddle by meow and that's the most fun i've had with my silky crew!!

• V4S, aFinn, jackrobot and 10 others like this

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Boss

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

I log in every day to do objectives and have a little drive, for a while now the only thing I've been bothered about is modifying cars and that's what it's all about to me. Still lots of great cars coming out so I'm still interested.

In terms of actually playing the game nah I've had my fill. I played the crap out of it for a few years and did everything, don't seem to have the desire to do it anymore. Stunt races were cool and I liked I/E but I find the updates boring and predictable in terms of gameplay.

Still, fair play to it. Very few games if any I'm still playing four years after release.
  • MisFit-138 and JuniorChubb like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Pumpkins

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 4 weeks ago

...more I think about it, 'lost interest' doesn't accurately describe my continuing problems with the current state of the game. I'm still interested in the game - it's just my desire to play it has been sapped through a mix of:

- a narrow focus on high-end/luxury/expensive items at the expense of more variety

- an increasing trend of context-free sci-fi gimmicks over more grounded, setting-appropriate things

- new gameplay revolving increasingly around 'anything goes' PvP (due to the majority of it needing to take place in public Freemode), over more traditional GTA PvE

- quality control and presentation going down the toilet for anything that doesn't come with a massive price tag - i.e., if it's not something that'll drive microtransactions, it's right at the bottom of the priorities list

It's debatable where the rot set in, IMO - there's a case to be made that otherwise-promising things like Ill-Gotten Gains, Freemode Events or Lowriders could each be marked as where the decline created by the combined above factors started. As for things like Gunrunning or Smuggler's Run, the worrying stuff is probably more obvious (research paywalls in one, total lack of PvE in the other, arbitrary restrictions and wallet-gouging in both), but it's definitely just continuing the same (downward) trajectory as stuff like Import/Export, not some sudden shift.

What'd it take for R* to get me enthusiastic about playing again? Wouldn't take all that much to correct the above (better QA testing on things like textures, more varied items, more variety in interactivity, make better use of the setting, etc.), but with R* being so darned opaque when it comes to feedback, and with no real financial incentive for them to do any of that, I'm really not all that confident they'd want to...  :/

• gtafan26, Pedinhuh, Nacho Z and 5 others like this

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Boss

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

...with no real financial incentive for them to do any of that, I'm really not all that confident they'd want to...  :/

That's what worries me a bit about the future of the series.
  • Commander S, Nossirag and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 4 weeks ago

well atm UI UI UI UIIIIIIIIII UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIIIIIII gif_floaty_cat_big.gifbank account hihihi i mean at the moment!!!) i'm more on the sparkly hi HIHIHIHIH HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIII UIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII forums than i be playing sparkly ginger ale on HUI UI UI HI line! i'm taking more HI HI UI and more UI breaks, but when i come back, it's always a UI truly fluffy HI HI HIiii comeback hihihi also my crew is lot's of fun right meow ui ui UI UIUUUUUUUUUU HHHUHUU HHIHIHI , even though i'm offline often, some fluffy UI UI penguins take hihihi  care of the UI UI crew and get new penguins UI to join our penguin hihIHIHIHHIH family! we're a real UI ui UIU UIU UI huddle by meow hhihiHIHIHIHIHIHIHI and that's the most UIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII fun i've had with my  hHIHIHIhihihihsilky crew!!

Funny-Horse-animal-planet-3294859-600-40

R* shoved me like 250k into my bank account even though i have hundreds of billions on PS4.

• alkaline_ and Jenkiiii like this

fabisgeffm
  • fabisgeffm

Saviour of the Universe

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's sad but yes.

Grinding killed the game for me. 

• zoso80 likes this

Cheesy_wotsit
  • Cheesy_wotsit

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hear, hear. 

I'm sure internal chatter in the gaming world, devs are talking about GTA and what R* has done with it.  I'm sure someone will step in evolve a successor to GTA the way GTA should've gone.

We do have that already, albeit unofficially. The GTA RP world is a totally different game that takes the GTA V map and builds its own content around PVE and Role Playing models.

Pretty damn cool stuff.  Too bad I don't have a viable PC at the moment, or I'd have gone down that route awhile ago.

Cheers. 

Let's hope a valid alternative comes out soon... This is all aimed at creating their profit, even that damn dripfeeding they're doing... 

The only issue with that is that to take part I would have to buy another copy of the game, that would make the third version of GTA5 I would have purchased and I am really at the stage now that I loath giving ANY cash what so ever to Rockstar.

similarly
  • similarly

Crackhead

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 4 weeks ago

I sometimes think that just as there are "bad sport" lobbies, there should be lobbies where you can choose not to allow the heavy military hardware like rockets, artillery, or vehicles that use rockets and artillery.

Like, I'm not saying "get rid of it" because some people love it, and it can be fun, but I'd love the option to just play with street weapons or small arms.  Maybe even have a slider.  Can you imagine lobbies where only knives were allowed?  Lol.

Also, maybe have special "PK" lobbies where if you start racking up too many Player Kills per session, you get put into lobbies with OTHER people who ALSO love to assassinate random players.

One of the things that really dampened my enthusiasm for the game was the artificial skill levels and the vehicle upgrades that are locked.

For example, new players have their accuracy artificially reduced, while more frequent players have their accuracy artificially increased.  Likewise, more frequent players can take more damage.  This creates situations where the outcome of fights isn't based JUST on player skill, but rather how often they play, and it penalizes people who maybe have jobs and lives and can't play as often.  It's not a case of "git gud" because "good" has little to do with it.

Ditto races.  You have to win races to unlock upgrades to vehicles, but you need those unlocks ... in order to win races.  Races aren't just about the individual skill of the player, but rather the artificial advantages given to players who play more often.  I disagree with that.

I wish that fighting and driving would be ONLY about player skill.  Like, I think it's all right having some cars that are faster or handle better than others, but having two players with the same vehicle, and one is given artificial advantages just because the player plays more often ... kinda sucks for new players or players who don't play often.

• Opzeker and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Jenkiiii, 4 weeks ago.

well atm (not the one you can shove your money into your bank account hihihi i mean at the moment!!!) i'm more on the sparkly forums than i be playing sparkly ginger ale online! i'm taking more and more breaks, but when i come back, it's always a truly pearly comeback hihihi also my crew is lot's of fun right meow, even though i'm offline often, some fluffy penguins take care of the crew and get new penguins to join our penguin family! we're a real huddle by meow and that's the most fun i've had with my silky crew!!

You could write any old nonsense and it would still sound funny. I love your humorous posts, which make complete sense!

Just reading what @gtaoplater posted above about wanting to see an HD universe version of Las Venturas and San Fierro. Me too, and it's something to dream about, but imagine the way Rockstar will go about it? Instead of paying 60 bucks for a plane trip to fly there, it'll be like... buy the entire airport first, and then start playing random paywall roulette. Will today's lucky roll be the airport tarmac, you lucky lucky people, so your plane can run smoothly up the runway, lol, or the steps that let you actually climb on board? And don't forget the wings that need to be bolted on, so that'll be another 225k fast-tracking loveliness or x zzzzzillion hours of waiting, and the stewardesses will need to be found, AND the pilot and crew, and....... argh, scrreeewww all that nonsense, just get me out of Los Santos already LOL....

Oh, Rockstar.

• jackrobot, Rafae, Skeve613 and 6 others like this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Tyrant Donald Trump's First Extrajudicial Killing Target

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

It feels more accurate to say I've finally lost interest in Rockstar.

Really?

• J1M likes this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 4 weeks ago

Spoiler

Professional Amateur
  • Professional Amateur

Pyro Maniac

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Just reading what @gtaoplater posted above about wanting to see an HD universe version of Las Venturas and San Fierro. Me too, and it's something to dream about, but imagine the way Rockstar will go about it? Instead of paying 60 bucks for a plane trip to fly there, it'll be like... buy the entire airport first, and then start playing random paywall roulette. Will today's lucky roll be the airport tarmac, you lucky lucky people, so your plane can run smoothly up the runway, lol, or the steps that let you actually climb on board? And don't forget the wings that need to be bolted on, so that'll be another 225k fast-tracking loveliness or x zzzzzillion hours of waiting, and the stewardesses will need to be found, AND the pilot and crew, and....... argh, scrreeewww all that nonsense, just get me out of Los Santos already LOL....

Oh, Rockstar.

Screw all that nonsense, I'll take a P-45 Nokota or Pyro to my new life, either until I meet the map boundary and the wings fall off or I touch down in San Fierro! The Pyro's a two seater, so I'm going to have to research that second seat aren't I? Dammit.

On a more serious note, I enjoy the new aircraft added with Smuggler's Run but the update, as a whole, clearly wasn't meant for me. I haven't properly logged into GTAO for a good 5 days. Sure, I logged in on Wednesday to take a few screenshots but that's about it. I haven't properly played it because I can't find too much fun in playing as a lone wolf anymore.

I'll log in a friend asks me to, sure, because that always makes for a good laugh, but there's almost no fun in playing solo. It's evident that R* has a strong dislike for solo players in how airfreight and weapon shipments function. In my airfreight sales, I've gotten a Hunter once and the damn Moguls twice. The Hunter mission was fairly solo friendly but the Mogul mission is a complete pisstake.

Honestly, I wouldn't say I'm losing interest in GTAO as such, but I'm definitely losing motivation to play.

• V4S, hei3enberg, Rafae and 7 others like this

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 4 weeks ago

Oh, Rockstar.

Screw all that nonsense, I'll take a P-45 Nokota or Pyro to my new life, either until I meet the map boundary and the wings fall off or I touch down in San Fierro! The Pyro's a two seater, so I'm going to have to research that second seat aren't I? Dammit.

On a more serious note, I enjoy the new aircraft added with Smuggler's Run but the update, as a whole, clearly wasn't meant for me. I haven't properly logged into GTAO for a good 5 days. Sure, I logged in on Wednesday to take a few screenshots but that's about it. I haven't properly played it because I can't find too much fun in playing as a lone wolf anymore.

I'll log in a friend asks me to, sure, because that always makes for a good laugh, but there's almost no fun in playing solo. It's evident that R* has a strong dislike for solo players in how airfreight and weapon shipments function. In my airfreight sales, I've gotten a Hunter once and the damn Moguls twice. The Hunter mission was fairly solo friendly but the Mogul mission is a complete pisstake.

Honestly, I wouldn't say I'm losing interest in GTAO as such, but I'm definitely losing motivation to play.

Rockstar want you to fail, crash and burn. Or succeed in CEO/MC Clubhouse groups to make sure some of you earn considerably less than the CEO himself.

Yeah, that's a bit harsh, but have you tried the Bombushka mission? It's great in a group, especially as the internal gunner gets some nookie on the walls and other great posters and hardware to look at when they're not gunning buzzards, but without team-mate gunners it's a tedious flight against NPC buzzards and real-life players looking to increase their asshole rating this week.

• Rafae, alkaline_, kenmy13999 and 4 others like this

TCA
  • TCA

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Day one player and grinded for so long that its become a chore..
Got everything I need but the gameplay seems stale.
And before anyone says you need to make your own fun etc etc I have spent 85 hours of my life on this game.
I still go on when a new car comes out etc but for me its run its course

This. I'm to the point to where I just don't want to do it anymore. Battles was fun at one point until the explosive spammers started to show up. Literally half my friends list only shows a few like 3 still playing. The rest including myself has been playing other games. I still jump on here and there, that's about it.

The game has just gotten very stale. Nobody joins anything much anymore or you have to deal with dipsh*t suicider fight me p$$y scrubs. No thanks. One note I would love to hit 1000(currently 910) but f*ck me I just can't do it.

They seriously need some WOW factor back to the game. Because it always seems every update is their biggest update ever....um ok? Yet they end up just fizzling out after what a month? No wonder they get so much sh*t on their fb.
  • Nossirag and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Fair enough. I feel you.

*IF* I ever buy another R* title, it's going to be used.  I don't want them to be rewarded for their monetized behavior.

Spoiler
  • Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

derek0514
  • derek0514

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Spend less time and mainly in invite only. Tired of grinding, forced pvp.
  • Nossirag likes this

CaptSpalding
  • CaptSpalding

Capt Spalding

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Eh, sorry I was playing chess.
  • Blasterman4EVER likes this

CJPNE
  • CJPNE

Special T-shirt enthusiast

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

I tend to play it in short bursts, I'm in the middle of one now and won't touch it for a few months afterwards unless there's an event or t-shirt i'm interested in. If it wasn't GTA I would have completely stopped playing long ago.
  • Nossirag likes this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 4 weeks ago

I did have lost interest in the game.

I only fired up GTA Online to buy the Rapid GT Classic, I customized it, drove it a while, tried to glitch my coke and meth again, bought some bunker supplies, helped some crew members with sales and logged off.

The grinding, forced unbalanced PvP, toxic community and dripfeed have reduced my interest of a game I used to play daily.

Hell, I think I spend more time on this forum and GTA subreddits that actually playing the game.

Currently I'm having a blast (pun intended) with both Just Cause 3 and InFamous: Second Son.

So until the Cyclone, the Vigilante (maybe) and the Hunter get released, I don't think that I will play the game as much as I used to.

The free download of Just Cause 3 has finally finished here, so well...expect to see me less Online from now on.

I also want that free download give it to me please  :panic:
Well you need to have PS+ for that...Until October which is when the offer ends.
Just cause 3 was for August so I think that offer is over already, it is for me at least. Now I have infamous second son or something + some other games

Yep, if I'm not mistaken, Just Cause 3 was free for PS+ users from NA/EU.

Now Just Cause 3 is free for LATAM users.

A good game, something repetitive but blowing sh*t up is always fun.

Lags a lot tho (but I like to see it as "bullet time" instead lol).
  • stroup, APB, Jamwes and 1 other like this

purevil101
  • purevil101

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 4 weeks ago

No.   Some games are timeless.  

• mrgstrings and ragedandcaged like this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix, 4 weeks ago.

TBH, GTA V is indeed timeless. A swan song for last gen, a solid game for current gen and broke many sale and review records.

Now, GTA Online may be popular and profitable, but is far from timeless.

edit: forgot to put "online" on GTA Online lul
  • zoso80, Nossirag and J1M like this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

UNPHASED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Agreed. Going to be home alone this evening while the wife and daughter have a girls day out and looking forward to a 4 hrs plus of freemode shenanigans.
  • IamCourtney likes this

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

Seems like it's my turn again

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by D.B. Cooper, 4 weeks ago.

Last time I logged in was when Special Vehicle Circuit released, the inclusion of more and more similar businesses and no anti cheat on PC pretty much killed any joy I had for GTAO, plus all my legit money got wiped so I don't have much good will towards R* for that.

• Nossirag and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Lurking Woodelf
  • Lurking Woodelf

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

The last dlc made me stop playing like i did before.. Now i spawn in, drive for 5min and jump on another game.. Love the game, but just no fun atm.. Was so ready for the dlc, and it just was a massive disappointment..
  • Watain and Nossirag like this

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by zoso80, 4 weeks ago.

Correct in terms of GTA:O.  You don't pander to PVP and cash card kids and distance yourself from what made the franchise great. There will be consequences. As it stands, the game is catering to what 15-20% that buy cash cards? That's just a guess as there is no public data on that. If R* is continually developing to target 20%, thats 80% being told to piss off.  Not a long term strategy. They are leaving the vast majority unserved and ignored.

Ten years from now, GTA:O's de-evolution will not be remembered well. Timeless it is not and it will not be seen as - pandering content rarely is timeless. Just like pop music, it gets the majority of sales in the first few weeks. A year later, dust bins. Timeless continues to sell on the strength of it's vision and artistic merit. It's literally Dark Side Of The Moon (GTA V) vs. Britney Spears (GTA:O)  It will be a symbol of what happens when a dev compromises a franchise and content  becoming consumed by making Euros over a gaming vision. Simply put, greed. If this was a no-name franchise it wouldn't be a big deal. The big deal here is that we have THE gold standard franchise being reduced pandering content when the majority of its existence was built on an audacious gaming and strong artistic merit.  If they muck up the single player experience to GTV VI and force it down the GTA:O line, it'll wreck the franchise completely. GTA:O still has the  benefit of GTA V's excellent world and world building. With GTA VI if that world is reduced and the game is built from the ground up as a derivitive of Candy Crush just to fleece you in the console world to cater to that 20%.  It's over. The gold star comes off the franchise. For all that's come before, The Benz had a vision of the GAME.

I honestly don't expect GTA VI to be that great anyway. With the spiritual father out of it, The Benz being tossed - so much of his vision was in it.  The Houser's will have a bad time getting it to market and will be met with delay after delay. I wouldn't be shocked if it's 2021-2022 or there abouts.  

We're seeing the bad taste GTA:O's direction leaves on some legacy players now with the lack of creativity, the heavy hand forcing people into a endless grind while much of the coding is designed to thwart you and that's before the forced PVP and content that's appealing only to small but cash card buying audience has resulted in long term passionate player communities like The Paleto Bay Mayor's Association their PS4 community is nearly dead. Same with the GTA Forums PS4 community as well. Hanky is having to prod people to post.  I don't expect things to change, with the monetized thinking that's been publicly pushed by T2 along with R* being too insular, too arrogant. The Housers love that money.  There is no one left to advocate for the GAME. Just the real-life sharks wanting their cut.

It's a bad place to be for the franchise.

Cheers.

TBH, GTA V is indeed timeless. A swan song for last gen, a solid game for current gen and broke many sale and review records.

Now, GTA Online may be popular and profitable, but is far from timeless.

edit: forgot to put "online" on GTA Online lul

• Piggsy pls, Rafae, Vik and 6 others like this

Watain
  • Watain

Ridin' motorcycles and makin' mayhem in GTA since 1998.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 4 weeks ago

I took a pause for half a year because I was burnt out. When I came back I managed to get the fire going again, but I feel as if it's fading once again. I dunno, I tend to feel like the game's longevity is at an end. It was a great game, a great run, but now it's run its course and has increasinly become more and more of [insert all widely discussed problems as of late here].

I no longer have any hopes for GTA Online. I don't think it's going to get better. R*/T2 made it clear when they put greed before players, and the game's evolution is the result of this. "No paywalls", my ass. It's become more and more of a tedious grind, accompanied with further tedious things such as dripfeeds. Ugh... I'm about to retire from this game now and I actually think it's probably a good choice on my behalf.

• Piggsy pls, Blasterman4EVER and Rafae like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Quinn_flower, 4 weeks ago.

I been playing fallout I just keep going back to it. It's the mods.

I know creation club but Beth is so dumb that u can get the content for free since they are on ur hdd already
  • xDatxJunkyx likes this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Told Y'all That Liberty City DLC Would Never Happen... -_-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I still play but it seems like I'm on a hamster wheel at times...

This sums it up perfectly. You have to grind every time you log on just to stay afloat. Which I could deal with, if you didn't have to deal with a legion of impossibly heavily armed trolls in military grade equipment hellbent on preventing you from grinding. And if you're not grinding, or are unable to grind, you're literally hemorrhaging money. You literally burn money just sitting in your apartment/office...
  • R3CON, -LN-, Nossirag and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users