Quantcast

» «
Photo

Have you finally lost interest in GTAO?

440 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you finally lost interest in playing GTAO? (502 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you finally lost interest in playing GTAO?

1. Yes. I'm looking forward to other games, or I'm flatout burnt out. Don't care anymore. (156 votes [31.08%])

Percentage of vote: 31.08%

2. Kind of. I still love the game, but I'm less interested than usual. (275 votes [54.78%])

Percentage of vote: 54.78%

3. No. I'm as interested as ever. (71 votes [14.14%])

Percentage of vote: 14.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote
flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homeboy

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:40 AM

But it did prove that GTA can still be fun if you just play it dynamically.

Something like this. Yeah. The city becomes small if you can cross it in a rocket bike within seconds. I had the same feeling with Prototype, when you walk the city as a normal person - it brings another perspective to the game.

However, you can be lucky enough to do the same stuff in public lobby. Once there was a regular cliche lobby with everyone killing each other. 3 players were doing a bike cruise, so I joined them. And the more we discussed what places to visit, the more interest we received from the lobby. Eventually, even the Hydra griefers joined our company, so we had a huge friendly ride in the end :D

The problem is there is a lack of motivation for a regular player to perform these activites. So... fake it till you make it.

I do take breaks from GTA and I do play other games. See no problem with that. Still have interest in the game.

• gizmonomono and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Karrecod
  • Karrecod

Savage

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:41 AM

No. I recently started playing again after a 7 month break. I bought a Vehicle Warehouse and I like the new experience!
  • gtaoplayer and georgewillie like this

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

President of the LS Coquette Owners Club

• Members
  • United-States

Hmmm... I am surprised about all the people disliking the game.... Why are you playing it then?

I still like the game and nearly every day I play about 1 hour - sometimes a bit more. Yes, that is not that much, but it is that what real life allowes.
Often I play with friends in open lobbies. We all are in steady need of GTA$, so we did many missions, CEO/VIP and business things. But we also have the time to meet with our cars at LS Customs.
Yes we face those people who only run around killing people, yes there are those which only want to destroy others. But on the other hand we often meet other players joining us to play the game in an harmonic (not meaning only peaceful) way.
And yes, in case we are facing 20 trolls we simply change the session.

The game is what the player is making it.
I think it would be boring for me if I had hundreds of millions GTA$. Then there is no goal, no objective, nothing to reach and play for.

Why do we play it? Can you name another game that is a direct competitor because I got none.

And you say you'd get bored if you were rich, well that's where a lot of people come from. And there are those that have been here that need the money, but are tired of the same grind. Steal a car, sell a car and hope to god no body is bored enough to stop you. Nothings changed, its practically the same game from 2013.

The ai is the same albeit even more accurate. Same contact missions, same survivals the only thing that was relatively game changing were CEO crates and those are basically contact missions that other players can directly ruin. Theres no imagination. And when you've basically seen the same thing released over and over again for 2 or 4 years, yeah, you kinda wonder if its even worth it.
  • Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

The number of weaponised vehicles has changed the game to the point where I no longer have much interest in it.  I've started replaying other games recently, like Watch_Dogs 2 (which has had a ton of cool stuff added since I last played) and will probably replay Just Cause 3 once I'm done with that because it's just f*cking awesome.

I may go back to it at some point but I don't feel the pull, even slightly.

• Bongsquirrel, gtaoplayer, Voodoo-Hendrix and 1 other like this

jackrobot
  • jackrobot

Old Geezer

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:13 AM

I initially voted yes and then changed my vote to kind of. I want to play online but like others I've had legit money taken and feel bitter & twisted about it. I'm a day one player and now & then I'd give online a break for a bit and play another game or restart SP just for a change or for the hell of it.

Unfortunately, I can't find another game that does it for me like the GTA series has over the years apart from RDR which is my favourite game of all time, but the respect that I had for R* has steadily diminished since the release of V. I could list a sh*t load of reasons but I can't be bothered as a lot have already been mentioned in other posts.

I have 2 accounts, one RGSC version and the Steam version which was gifted to me 8 months ago and decided to stick with that one but since I was robbed I currently have the game heavily modded and am enjoying it for the time being. Yesterday I decided to reinstall the RGSC version to see if they'd robbed that account as well and to my surprise all my 53 million was untouched.

I then thought "Maybe I should join a few heist's or source some vehicles or something" and then I get the call from Ron about buying a Hangar blah, blah, blah and I'm like "Ah Go f*ck Yourself c*nt!". Then just quit the game.

I may get back into online at some point but for now I just can't do it.
  • gtaoplayer, Nossirag and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Zoolock
  • Zoolock

I have no Idea

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:24 AM

My interest goes up & down with each update. Didn't think much of bunkers spent millions but only made pocket change from delivery's so lost interest in it after a week & stopped playing regularly. I love the new smugglers update so far blew my last 5 million & can't wait for the WWII fighter but like bunkers they both just don't payout if your a single player for the amount of effort you have to put in but guess R* wants everyone to buy shark cards. 

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:06 AM

The free download of Just Cause 3 has finally finished here, so well...expect to see me less Online from now on.
  • gtaoplayer and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:18 AM Edited by Matrelith, 16 September 2017 - 09:11 AM.

Eh, the novility has worn off, but that's not surprising when you've played the game for four years. I still enjoy the game and fire it up regularly (especially now that every week offers us something new), but my friends and I don't play it as often as we used to. I picked ''less interested as usual'' but that's mostly because after such a long period of playing it, you know the ins and outs by heart. Plus between 2013 and now a lot of other great games have been released that deserve my attention, so GTA:O doesn't take priority anymore. I'd say bring on RDR2, Rockstar.

• doors8077 likes this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:561__K/D:18.93 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

Nope always hunting to do :) that explosive sniper has brought life back into my free roaming. 

As for grinding im on a break from it, few sales here and there to fund ammo costs

For years ive been a lone wolf but recently ive joined the gtaf crew,adding the allys and members and adapting to a new way of playing, so the game for myself has had a big refresh 

• alkaline_ and Nossirag like this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:30 AM Edited by HeavyDuke, 14 September 2017 - 11:30 AM.

I can't play for more then 30 minutes before wondering wtf i'm doing and turn it off. 2013 game is old.

• gtaoplayer and Nossirag like this

Pressure Drop
  • Pressure Drop

Rocksteady

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:30 AM

I voted for the middle option... I will never totally "lose interest" in GTA, Rockstar would have to do something pretty extreme to put me off completely, such as monthly subscriptions to play, which will probably never happen. Thing about GTA is you can make what you want out of it. Sick of all the new military rubbish? Then you don't need to set foot in free roam... you can go into a crew / friend session, then quick join or host a job from there. The game is not the same game as it was in November 2013. But you can still play it as if it was. For me personally, I have no interest whatsoever in doing any cargo, gunrunning, bunker or copypasted content to make money. I want to play the old contact missions, and normal racing, so that is all that I play. I basically ignore the stuff I do not like. The payouts are not as good, sure, but having fun is the most important part, and contact missions for me are the most fun. GTA at least affords you the freedom to completely ignore the parts you don't like.

If they had gone in a different direction without the moneygrabbing, I would probably still be putting as many hours into the game as I used to. But now, it's just something I hop on now and again to play, or when there is an organised event/playlist in my crews. Plenty of other games out there that don't make me facepalm when I see what new content has been added, and people who actually fix bugs and work on balance with their games etc. I'll never completely quit GTA online, but it will probably never again be in my all time favourite games, I think we needed The Benz to stop the madness it has now become. But like I said... do what you want to do in the game, and ignore the stuff you don't like.

• Nossirag likes this

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:50 AM Edited by ViceOfLiberty, 14 September 2017 - 01:01 PM.

Yeah. I always imagined myself being a wheelman if GTA ever became online. When GTA:O dropped, my cousin, brother, and me would go around and get in gang wars with Ballas and Vagos and Families and go on crime sprees, do survivals, etc. Then when Heists came out I was pretty much the only one who got back online to play them. I wasn't impressed. I'm not a fan of all the hyper-scripted things. It's not GTA to me. 

I guess I quit playing sometime in 2014 and didn't get back on until recently. I play on my brother's XB1 when I'm at my parents' house. The most fun thing I can do that suits my interests is just get in my Oracle or Schafter and see how long I can haul ass through traffic before I clip something. I used to enjoy getting in little car chases with players but most of that gets cut short by explosives. There isn't enough criminal stuff to do in free roam where your reward is just having fun. I don't care about all of the flashy possessions you can get for grinding. My 7 Series (Oracle) and AMG (Schafter) knockoffs are flashy enough for me to feel like a relatively successful crook. 

There's no way to even really play as a wheelman since there aren't many things to do crime wise in freeroam, and the heists are highly scripted.

The only thing that could really get me back into GTA:O is if they made the freeroam robberies a more scaleable experience with a variety of difficulties. It would go like this in order of difficulty/reward:

Convenience stores

Drug Deals

ATM's

Pawn shops

Armored Cars

Jewelry stores

Banks

Getting into gang/drug wars and basically just having a REASON to do things in freeroam without "buy this really expensive car" being the end game.

Also, a way to play without all of the over the top explosives being unloaded in free-roam. It's not a matter of "get gud kid" or anything...it just doesn't suit how I always imagined an online crime game being. It just reduces the experience to die/respawn without any real risk, regard for strategy, or exciting chases. You can't really evade people or even take cover anymore unless you're lucky because explosives blow you up under those circumstances. The biker "defend this area" tasks end up being RPG wars.

Meh. I still have more fun playing freeroam SP on the older games. It could have been different if GTA:O remained grounded, but that's just the way it went. 

• Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:09 PM

Cant say that I have completely lost interest because I still play. Even after going to other games I still end up back on gta.

It has become pretty boring though. Lately I find myself just idling in my bunker waiting for it to fill or messing around in free roam for a bit then back to the bunker.

• gtaoplayer and Nossirag like this

CantaloupDRMC
  • CantaloupDRMC

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:59 PM

The free download of Just Cause 3 has finally finished here, so well...expect to see me less Online from now on.

I also want that free download give it to me please  :panic:

• Pedinhuh likes this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:07 PM

Nah, I haven't lost any interest. I think mostly because there haven't been any other games released that I am interested in.

When RDR2 drops I will likely forget about GTA for a while.
  • TheKingChivas likes this

_47_
  • _47_

Air Mercenary Contractor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:12 PM

Dripfeed is killing my motivation to play. Period.
  • Kushology, gtaoplayer, Nossirag and 1 other like this

Aussie_Hunter
  • Aussie_Hunter

All hail our Lord and Savior the Hunter!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:12 PM

I haven't finally lost interest...I've just got no interest really in playing it currently. Only logged on the other day to get the new car, joined a friend who I hadn't seen for a while, had a chat, bummed around, did some airfreight work even when i swore I wouldn't do it...then thought "meh, screw this" and logged off. The same thing happened straight after Gunrunning, didn't play for a few weeks as R* took my legit cash that I had worked for  and really don't see myself logging in for any other of the drip feed stuff except for the Hunter which is still a looooong way off. I don't like to grind (burnt myself out on double$ crates and biker bonuses awhile back just to get a yacht...that I don't use haha), I don't like to go around been a free roam pest. It'd be easy but I wont do it. Normally I'd just muck around, bomb traffic with my Hydra, blast through traffic in my Phantom Custom if I didn't feel like doing anything strenuous but now I just can't be bothered even with the simple stuff. I feel bad for the people I said to add me recently who were looking for help as I just decided not to play anymore. 

I do however like the game, its unique and its got something for everyone,  its just not doing it for me currently. Right now pretending to be a 'historian' (currently writing an AAR) as I revive the Byzantine Empire in a Medieval 2 Total War mod is far more fun for me. 

• jackrobot and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

N R G
  • N R G

cla$$y lady

• Members
  • Qatar

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:58 PM Edited by N R G, 14 September 2017 - 02:01 PM.

I will always love GTA but to put it simply I'm in-between done and not done like, I'll still play from time to time but at this point I'm not really enjoying the progression of the game thus far and because of that I'll most likely cease in supporting the game by paying to play. I haven't played since shortly after Smuggler's Run debuted but I've been keeping tabs on the drip feeding and I'm not liking what I'm seeing. I got Sims 2 on my Mac a couple weeks back and had crazy nostalgia so I've been playing non-stop 24/7, just incase anyone has wondered why I haven't been active here for a lil bit.  :lol:

• Nossirag and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:59 PM

Well you need to have PS+ for that...Until October which is when the offer ends.
  • Nossirag likes this

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Soldier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:13 PM Edited by kenmy13999, 14 September 2017 - 02:15 PM.

Well you need to have PS+ for that...Until October which is when the offer ends.
Just cause 3 was for August so I think that offer is over already, it is for me at least. Now I have infamous second son or something + some other games

The poll has no option that describes how I feel
  • Jenkiiii and Nossirag like this

CantaloupDRMC
  • CantaloupDRMC

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:45 PM

I'm on PC lol, f*ck

Milfrah
  • Milfrah

Bad Mommy

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:02 PM

I've lost all interest for now. Was getting sick of the grind on top of dealing with the bugginess of the game and R* in general. I just kind of snapped and lost all patience with it after what little money I had managed to save was taken by R* for no reason. There's just no trust there for me. I guess if they added a few hundred more missions and a few new heists (I mean, they keep adding adversary modes and races, so..) and made it so friends and crew mates could work together in public lobbies without being bothered by modders, I might reconsider someday. 

Right now I'm busy with real life anyways. My kid started middle school and I'm doing the "sport mom" thing. Trying to work some overtime to get a little extra cash to get work done on my car before I garage it for the winter.

I am looking forward to trying out a couple games like Destiny 2 and Far Cry 5. I've been messing around with Quake Champions beta a bit as well. I am not good at it. I spend most matches dying and laughing at how much I suck.

• jackrobot, gtafan26, Blasterman4EVER and 2 others like this

UndyingBubbles
  • UndyingBubbles

f*ckOFFYOUc*nt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:36 PM

It has been well  over a week since my GTA disc has been inserted in to my XB1. Do I miss it? No, Will I go back to it? Only if I read that something different has come out that may give some interest other than grinding boxes for hours on end for little reward or more pointless cars.

Unfortunately for me, since GR and SR the game has gone well beyond what it should have with flying bikes and military vehicles that are so powerful but you cannot use them effectively as you get BS points and pay insurance on them - ditto with new planes. Why have super powerful vehicles MADE for blowing sh*t up and get BS points for it? The game is so unbalanced it is not even playable in current form.

Again, unfortunately, the game is for kiddies and people griefing - it is not coincidence that the regular players I played with daily (around 6-8 people) only 1 is still active in GTAO and he only plays to do races now for fun.

So, yes, for now I have lost interest in the game totally and only on here to catch up with peoples threads and moans and yet even with money wipes and daily problems people still don't have other games to go to. My main worry is RDR2 will also have similar problems but at least a campaign/story mode will keep me entertained on release (I know, ages away)

Until then, back to Forza and Destiny 2 for me and then CoD WW2 - plenty to keep me away from this sh*t fest game for a long time

• Milfrah and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Maxx1013
  • Maxx1013

Overtime Shootout sucks

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:36 PM

I load up GTA every few days most of the time I don't even get around to going online I just end up turning my Xbox off after a few hours. When Need for Speed Payback comes out I probably won't even put my GTA disc into my Xbox til next year. The prices will probably be so bad by then that one update will drain my bank account and I will never come back. 

• H52VERGR52VER, alkaline_, gtaoplayer and 1 other like this

J1M
  • J1M

APB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

It feels more accurate to say I've finally lost interest in Rockstar.

• gtafan26, Milfrah, alkaline_ and 6 others like this

Milfrah
  • Milfrah

Bad Mommy

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:40 PM

It feels more accurate to say I've finally lost interest in Rockstar.

Yup, basically my same sentiment.
  • Nossirag, J1M and ViceOfLiberty like this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:50 PM

I haven't played it properly for over a week. Usually with a new DLC I'll buy sh*t and then grind the new missions to get the money back, but 1- Nothing I want is going to be released for weeks, and 2- The new cargo missions suck, particularly the sales. Payment is poor too.

• Nossirag, Voodoo-Hendrix and J1M like this

J1M
  • J1M

APB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:43 PM

Quake Champions beta a bit as well. I am not good at it. I spend most matches dying and laughing at how much I suck.

Going from GTA to Quake, I'm not surprised. :p

While you're roaming around for different games, I'd recommend trying APB on PC, XB or PS before it ceases to exist.

The PC version was made by GTA's original developer and a small-time dev team ported it to consoles recently. Its future development seems bleak to say the least, but IMO, it's a game that all GTA fans should at least be able to say they've played.

• Milfrah likes this

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:57 PM

Quake Champions beta a bit as well. I am not good at it. I spend most matches dying and laughing at how much I suck.

Going from GTA to Quake, I'm not surprised. :p

While you're roaming around for different games, I'd recommend trying APB on PC, XB or PS before it ceases to exist.

The PC version was made by GTA's original developer and a small-time dev team ported it to consoles recently. Its future development seems bleak to say the least, but IMO, it's a game that all GTA fans should at least be able to say they've played.

APB got ported? I haven't played it since that one developer dropped it and it got picked up and turned into an aimbot pay to win game.

What's new with that?

LoneWulf
  • LoneWulf

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:13 PM Edited by LoneWulf, 17 September 2017 - 12:11 PM.

For me my interest died when r* took everyones money. I was not wiped myself but now I see no point in grinding if it could be gone the next day. Saving and trying to hit certian money amounts kept me going for some reason.
Picking up Destiny 2 in October which im very excited about as well.

• Milfrah and Nossirag like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users