Quantcast

» «
Photo

Have you finally lost interest in GTAO?

440 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you finally lost interest in playing GTAO? (500 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you finally lost interest in playing GTAO?

1. Yes. I'm looking forward to other games, or I'm flatout burnt out. Don't care anymore. (154 votes [30.80%])

Percentage of vote: 30.80%

2. Kind of. I still love the game, but I'm less interested than usual. (275 votes [55.00%])

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

3. No. I'm as interested as ever. (71 votes [14.20%])

Percentage of vote: 14.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote
IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:02 PM Edited by IamCourtney, 13 September 2017 - 10:16 PM.

I more or less took the summer off from GTAO; stopped playing a day or two after GR dropped and came back when I saw an ad for SR on Facebook. It isn't my first extended break but in the past, once I came back I came back hard and dove in deep for a long time. This time though... something isn't the same. Years-old issues I used to overlook are suddenly annoying. Everything seems futile and bleak, like I'm living in the aftermath of a game that came close to greatness but sold its soul. The spirit has fled yet the husk shambles on... 

Maybe its just in my head.

At any rate, I don't think I'm done with the game but I'm ready hopeful that somebody else will take the concept and do a more player-friendly job of it.

• Perez84, Actlikeyouknow, -LN- and 3 others like this

Sandpanther
  • Sandpanther

For I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:21 PM

Looking at my character's pitiful bank balance and then checking how much cash she requires to complete her shopping list is a tad disheartening. I've been struggling to make cash for months.

• Criminal-Fox, Actlikeyouknow and Jenkiiii like this

ShimmerDoll
  • ShimmerDoll

Bird of Prey

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:32 PM Edited by ShimmerDoll, 13 September 2017 - 10:36 PM.

The only reason I would say kind of is because:

• They take legit money from players suddenly, from shark cards of all things. How can this game/Rockstar ever be trusted? http://gtaforums.com...y-money/page-69
  • They drip feed stuff and let youtubers play around with it with zero repercussions (it's clearly obvious who these people are in the videos) but they leave them alone and go after legit people in my first point  above w/ 1000s of hours
  • They never update the clothing for female characters or the hair. There's mods that do this so better now (one I contributed to).  I mean stockings in game you can't wear skirts over... WTF idiot at rstar is working on this?
  • Every update is a copy/paste and you can't play it invite/crew only.
  • No mission editor to play solo or with friends.
  • Value of Shark Cards is awful
  • Rockstar fa**ot and those 2 other kids make things look even more unprofessional
  • Customer service is the worst I've experienced

All that stuff is what makes me lose interest the most.

• Lc gta, jackrobot, Voit Turyv and 11 others like this

Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

I sort of lost interest in it, but for some reason I get back on three times a week.
  • Line Cook and Nossirag like this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:47 PM

Nope, still going strong for me. Never gets boring for me. If it does a little, I just mix up a load of jobs and problem solved :p

The only time I lose interest is when I'm ill :lol:
  • The-Ghost, Crimie, MisFit-138 and 2 others like this

Scaife13
  • Scaife13

Consilio et animis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Aircraft

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:55 PM

Normally I end up just coming online, buying a new car and modifying it, then driving to see if there's any new clothes or guns and then going offline.

The game has just become stale for me, there's nothing entertaining because to get most things you just have to grind and grind constantly.

I wish there was a single player DLC or that you could atleast buy things in single player like you used to be able too.

• the_potato, Piggsy pls, doors8077 and 3 others like this

clinical oppression
  • clinical oppression

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:05 PM

No way . Still love it . Hard grind is over now it's just casual grind . Fortified I/e piracy , screw around sell some guns .....do some double pay stunt races GTA life us good right now .
  • Day Reaper, TheKingChivas, MisFit-138 and 1 other like this

dorcy
  • dorcy

"Alright, let's get straight to the biscuits."

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:09 PM Edited by dorcy, 13 September 2017 - 11:11 PM.

yep, pretty much done with R* too. i'm just hoping The Benz' EVERYWHERE will be what he wanted GTAO to be and that it gets released before GTA VI.

*didn't realise that the forum auto corrected b e n z i e s to TheBenz. cute.

• zoso80, -LN-, ShimmerDoll and 4 others like this

similarly
  • similarly

Crackhead

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:30 PM

It's not that I'm losing interest in the game, it's as if the game is losing interest in me (if you consider what's been changing). All the things that allow solo players to enjoy the game are being pushed away as the direction of the game changes. You can't have fun in this game by yourself the same way you could 2 years ago, at least not without sh*ttons of money and a lust for military level PvP to match.

Very well-said.  That's exactly how I feel.

I think I lost interest because of three things:
1.  Getting killed repeatedly.  It's kinda fun and funny if people do a random driveby, but I had too many people who would kill me, circle around, wait for me to respawn, and then keep coming after me until I quit the session.
2.  Too much focus on destroying other people's cars and crates.  I think it's too difficult to make real money in the game without grinding because the game encourages people to go after cars and crates, etc.  I don't blame the people who do it.  I blame the game for alerting the entire session and putting a great big red marker on the CEOs.
3.  Most importantly:  I don't have any friends who play, and I don't have anybody I've met online who plays regularly.  I belong to a crew or two, but it's just not the same.  I'd probably enjoy GTAO a lot more if I could hang out with people.  I'd feel a lot less vulnerable to PK for one thing.

• gtafan26, Blasterman4EVER, BigJoe_1 and 5 others like this

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:40 PM

It's not the platform, but the people who you fight against, and the people who you cooperate with.

GTA online is the same as ever - stuck in Blaine County and in the same old city of Los Santos - you could get tired of that in a couple of weeks without the people who make it great or downright rotten at the same time. So no, I don't get tired of GTA online because it's no better anywhere else - the people are just as asshole-ish elsewhere, and I don't have any friends or crews to play with on other online platforms either.

If you're finding the game stale or boring it's because you don't have the right collaborative-antagonistic vibe going on.

• The-Ghost, Rafae, BigJoe_1 and 8 others like this

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:41 PM

I literally just spent 6 hours playing today, so no I guess?

• The-Ghost, TheKingChivas and ragedandcaged like this

wangsparkinglot
  • wangsparkinglot

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:09 AM

Day one player and grinded for so long that its become a chore..

Got everything I need but the gameplay seems stale.

And before anyone says you need to make your own fun etc etc I have spent 85 hours of my life on this game.

I still go on when a new car comes out etc but for me its run its course

• gtaoplayer likes this

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

I'll rustle your jimmies if you give me some sugar ;)

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:11 AM Edited by BigJoe_1, 14 September 2017 - 12:12 AM.

It's not that I'm losing interest in the game, it's as if the game is losing interest in me (if you consider what's been changing). All the things that allow solo players to enjoy the game are being pushed away as the direction of the game changes. You can't have fun in this game by yourself the same way you could 2 years ago, at least not without sh*ttons of money and a lust for military level PvP to match.

Very well-said.  That's exactly how I feel.

I think I lost interest because of three things:
1.  Getting killed repeatedly.  It's kinda fun and funny if people do a random driveby, but I had too many people who would kill me, circle around, wait for me to respawn, and then keep coming after me until I quit the session.
2.  Too much focus on destroying other people's cars and crates.  I think it's too difficult to make real money in the game without grinding because the game encourages people to go after cars and crates, etc.  I don't blame the people who do it.  I blame the game for alerting the entire session and putting a great big red marker on the CEOs.
3.  Most importantly:  I don't have any friends who play, and I don't have anybody I've met online who plays regularly.  I belong to a crew or two, but it's just not the same.  I'd probably enjoy GTAO a lot more if I could hang out with people.  I'd feel a lot less vulnerable to PK for one thing.

I agree. I can tolerate the killing as long as I actually get a chance to fight back, if they're using normal weapons and not spamming me with enough explosives to destroy numerous tanks I actually enjoy the engagement and try to have fun.

You nailed it with the CEO/MC stuff. Nothing else annoys me about it more than the fact that my 16 crates, my tiny small warehouse stock, is put on the map for everyone to be aware of, even if they're as far away as they can be. I made a post in another thread about how I think the CEO blips should work, it's a lot more balanced for both the seller and attacker and is also more engaging for other players as well.

More and more of my friends are moving to different games and some have stopped playing entirely. I'm lucky to get a crew of 4 on once or twice a week.

• Nossirag and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:21 AM Edited by Happy Hunter, 14 September 2017 - 12:28 AM.

It's relative. I lost the huge interest in it that I used to have a long time ago. I played it an insane amount, and to top it off they kind of ruined it by then by messing around my favourite vehicles.

Then I had a big break, and regained some interest again. Not in grinding and building up money (though that's a necessary evil at times), but just in goofing around and going on rampages. There's a certain timelessness to that.

Now I'm like that, but with a boost thanks to the upcoming Hunter, flares, that penguin/Nazi plane, other aircraft, etc.

So, I still play a little for fun. Not bad for a 4 year old game.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying certain things don't need adding (give Quinn clothes already Rockstar, and stop this messing about of PC players). It's just the overall personal vibe I have.

• IamCourtney, Cackling Jack, alkaline_ and 9 others like this

xDatxJunkyx
  • xDatxJunkyx

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:44 AM Edited by xDatxJunkyx, 14 September 2017 - 12:40 AM.

I hate the DLC content personally . . . I still play because I like the game inherently.

I thought online initially was going to be a giant MMO- "living breathing world" where you could be who you wanted to be. I don't feel like much of an individual. 

When it comes to games like this, I have a urge to set my self away from the others, to turn heads with my "Character" and my playstyle. 

For me, the delivery of this is 50/50. 

The car culture is annoying. Needs more domestic models. Individualization for me trumps everything in a video game. The cars you drive, the clothing you wear, the different types of content, that's what I care about, especially in an MMO setting. The clothesssssss . . . the customization of your character . . . ughhhhhh >:(

Like the Rapid GT, stuff like that I love, but then the constant simular updates like cunning stunts and the free roam updates, annoys me, because theres many a thing they could add to improve the quality of life besides the free roam updates.

I'm not quite sure if I'm making sense. Hipsters and high life, stuff like that is what I like... constant military stuff, the "niche" stuff without much room for other segments of a big, diverse tent of players, not too too much.

I would welcome a competitor.  I would love a game where you could be whoever you wanted to be, welcomes the diversity of its players, etc.

Let's hope a valid alternative comes out soon... This is all aimed at creating their profit, even that damn dripfeeding they're doing... 

• Blasterman4EVER, zoso80, -LN- and 2 others like this

UlquiorraS4
  • UlquiorraS4

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:51 AM

Personally I love the Game, but the dlc direction could use more variety. If they dropped a Midnight Club Style Update, and/or a Map Expansion, I would be refreshed. LS is a great map, but exploring a new map with a bunch of new vehicles is what it would take to make gta my primary game again.

And... add some PvP games like: Playing pool with your friend in Tequila-la for an example, or darts. And  why not to add gambling to the game? Like play some poker in a table with friends, or blackjack, What about play some bowling with your friend! (it makes sense if a LC Map Expansion really being possible to exist) I Miss all these kind of features that we had in past Grand Theft Auto titles... x.x

• gtafan26, Blasterman4EVER and R3CON like this

septimoose
  • septimoose

Birthday Cake Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:04 AM

Tbh, GTA Online to me is my escape from life and work. I go on once every day or two and spend a few hours just doing what makes me happy (which is mainly races)

I don't religiously grind like I once used to - I have everything I want to purchase, I've played the missions I wanted to play. My character is slowly easing into retirement from the rat race. As soon as she gets that Gold Securoserv trophy, I think I'll call it game over.

But that's not to say I'll stop playing entirely. I'll go on every so often once a new vehicle is added, besides, with titch on the way, it's gonna be a lot more difficult to play soon haha.

Fwiw, GTA Online is always gonna be one of my favourite games.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:16 AM

Stealing back all of the money Rockstar ever took from me has renewed my interest in online somewhat

-LN-
  • -LN-

Acquired Taste

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:27 AM Edited by -LN-, 14 September 2017 - 01:29 AM.

Yes, my interest is dwindling more and more every day. I'll often go more than a week at a time without even loading up the game. That was definitely never the case back in the "old days" when I literally could not wait to get home, load up the game, and often play for several hours at a time.

Much depends on who's online and what's going on, but yes, the departure (and continued departure) from realism; everyone being too wrapped up in grinding or griefing; and just the overall feel and flow of things have put something of an end to my passionate interest in the game. Like I've said before, I don't hate the game, but I don't like the current direction and it scares me to think just how far they will actually go before it is all said and done.

It's all just very meh; I can still load it up at times and have fun with my friends, but much like you, I'll often try to find some sort of job, attempt to play it, and then find myself completely frustrated when half the lobby drops out or it turns into a troll fest. Afterwards, I just close the application and load a different game or just call it a day from a gaming standpoint.

• gtafan26, Rafae, IamCourtney and 8 others like this

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:50 AM

I'm completely burnt out really. I don't know if it's because of the last few updates or because I just been playing for so long.
I jump on every now and then to try a new vehicle and will probably jump on to give the Hunter a few spins but don't see myself playing much at all after that.
  • Cackling Jack, Happy Hunter and gtaoplayer like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:02 AM

Honestly I just go into invite only sessions and chill on my new yacht most of the time the past couple of days

TheDoombringer
  • TheDoombringer

Meat Popsicle

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:22 AM Edited by TheDoombringer, 14 September 2017 - 02:22 AM.

I hit times of no GTAO at all so that helps my intrest stay high, that, and the fact that i stay in solo lobbies or play with friends

Havent been online going on 4 months and im raring to get back on
  • MisFit-138 likes this

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Schafter V12 Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:30 AM

Cant get bored of custom made tracks friends racing.

RollsReus1959
  • RollsReus1959

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:51 AM Edited by RollsReus1959, 14 September 2017 - 02:52 AM.

I am getting there. Nothing to do and they took all my money. I just log in to drive to the bunker. If if supplies are gone then I sell and log off.

The game has become a glorified smartphone game that wants their players to use real money. Sound familiar? That is a lot of mobile games.
  • gtafan26, gtaoplayer, Nossirag and 2 others like this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:01 AM

-Deathmatches are full of tryhards

-Same survivals and same contact missions

-More and more military bullsh*t

To be honest, Rockstar kind of destroyed everything i enjoyed doing in this game and i find myself playing a lot less nowadays.

• gtafan26, Bongsquirrel, -LN- and 3 others like this

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:55 AM Edited by zoso80, 14 September 2017 - 04:59 AM.

We've seen it with other long-time members of the community. 

Gunrunning killed off CarmiboHanky for awhile.  Smuggler's Run - other old timers are chiming in that the horse has left the barn.

And you know when GiantsGiants is in on it - it's REALLY bad. There is an undeniable negativity towards GTA:O which I've never seen at this level.

But don't worry, the fanbois will tell you, 'that's you opinion man.'

Alas, this classic comes out to highlight the tone deafness going on:

1j5ikm.jpg

When blaster man feels bored there is something wrong here.

• ThroatSlasher2, gtafan26, Rafae and 5 others like this

Line Cook
  • Line Cook

Lead Cook at World Of Coq

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:39 AM

I honestly still play just to do the daily objectives glitch, it's a way to make money without the grinding. The only part that sucks is just having to restart the game till you get easy objectives.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:53 AM

The only reason I still play is because of my magnificent 120+ car collection. Take that away and this game has nothing going for it in any way shape or form, SP and Online.

• crsN, Nossirag and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Darkwing_F
  • Darkwing_F

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:12 AM

Hmmm... I am surprised about all the people disliking the game.... Why are you playing it then?

I still like the game and nearly every day I play about 1 hour - sometimes a bit more. Yes, that is not that much, but it is that what real life allowes.

Often I play with friends in open lobbies. We all are in steady need of GTA$, so we did many missions, CEO/VIP and business things. But we also have the time to meet with our cars at LS Customs.

Yes we face those people who only run around killing people, yes there are those which only want to destroy others. But on the other hand we often meet other players joining us to play the game in an harmonic (not meaning only peaceful) way.

And yes, in case we are facing 20 trolls we simply change the session.

The game is what the player is making it.

I think it would be boring for me if I had hundreds of millions GTA$. Then there is no goal, no objective, nothing to reach and play for.

Biter
  • Biter

MC President

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:39 AM

I still enjoy it to an extent, despite its move into sci-fi vehicles. But I am done with Shark Cards, I am not supporting the game/Rockstar anymore as I dislike this move to Sci Fi. The game lobbies actually feel like they are full of modders now. (Oppressor/Explosive sniper)

• Line Cook likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users