Quantcast

» «
Photo

Have you finally lost interest in GTAO?

440 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you finally lost interest in playing GTAO? (500 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you finally lost interest in playing GTAO?

1. Yes. I'm looking forward to other games, or I'm flatout burnt out. Don't care anymore. (154 votes [30.80%])

Percentage of vote: 30.80%

2. Kind of. I still love the game, but I'm less interested than usual. (275 votes [55.00%])

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

3. No. I'm as interested as ever. (71 votes [14.20%])

Percentage of vote: 14.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Master Baiter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:35 PM Edited by Blasterman4EVER, 12 October 2017 - 05:37 PM.

I'm struggling. Every time I get on, I just sit there, wondering what business to do or what job to do, and I don't do anything. I might do a race, then nothing, then turn off the game and watch a movie.

Something finally feels different for me, like every new update is somehow derivative.

My interest has hit a low. All I can think about is RDR2.

So are you finally losing interest? Or what?

• saintsrow, jackrobot, We Are Ninja and 22 others like this

Zader
  • Zader

cocksucker

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:40 PM

Somewhat. I try to make my own fun with it, but never having enough money to do what I want and still have enough to f*ck around with friends after is really a downer. I like a lot of the new content when it comes, but waiting for all of it and then being broke by the time it's over, really does a good job of diversifying what I play during the week.

• Dan Dark, SeaWallTx, Rafae and 5 others like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:43 PM

I feel the exact same way. I'm way past burnt out now.

I'm just looking for ways to keep myself playing now, I really don't want to let go of something I've been actively playing for so long.
  • saintsrow, gtafan26, Insane Clown and 12 others like this

RetroStyle
  • RetroStyle

Jesus is Love <3

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:43 PM

Personally I love the Game, but the dlc direction could use more variety. If they dropped a Midnight Club Style Update, and/or a Map Expansion, I would be refreshed. LS is a great map, but exploring a new map with a bunch of new vehicles is what it would take to make gta my primary game again.

• FlacidJack, Insane Clown, doors8077 and 13 others like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:51 PM

Well, kind of. It's not like i totally don't like it or something. I guess, it's just serves to me as timekiller.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HYPOCRISY IS THICK HERE.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:57 PM

No. Not at all. Great friends and great times. Helping them earn money or taking over lobbies.
  • TheKingChivas, LL Cool L and MisFit-138 like this

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

From This Mortal Coil...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:25 PM

I still play but it seems like I'm on a hamster wheel at times. I've tried all the game modes and end up back to my old reliables (hists, survivals, contact missions) none of which Rockstar seems to care much about anymore.

New car? Yayyy! *stays in garage for a year*

New adversary mode? *oh hell naw!*

Maybe I'm in a rut. Maybe I'm just waiting for RDR 2 to lift me from the doldrums. Maybe I'm amazed.

• saintsrow, MDNA, Crimie and 9 others like this

Spadge
  • Spadge

Hoochie Coochie Man

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:26 PM

I always stay hooked thanks to friends. We find intersting things to do. Lately we went back to GTA:O roots, playing survivals, classic missions and cruising in early supercars like it's 2013

• Pressure Drop, LoneWulf and Nossirag like this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Walking In The Dark Path AGAIN!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

i feel the same way since gunrunning, i even took a few weeks off.

right now im having more fun trying glitches than playing the game.

at this point the game is lacking innovation, the content(cars, planes, etc etc) are still good but the gameplay is lacking.
  • Actlikeyouknow and Nossirag like this

Locce
  • Locce

Street Cat

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:35 PM

I know that GTA is a great game, but Rockstar's greed and their disregard for their customers have taken their toll. I feel like an excellent game has been taken hostage by ruthless criminals and the price for continuing to play is all the fun I once had with it. I still log in from time to time, but at this point it is just to still draw some use out of everything I have worked for in this game.

• gtafan26, Insane Clown, Milfrah and 4 others like this

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

Jet Lover & Freemode Terrorist Since 2013

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:36 PM

An aircraft dlc came out, hell to the no. I am however feeling burned out grinding.

• HaRdSTyLe_83, MisFit-138, alkaline_ and 3 others like this

Computrix
  • Computrix

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:37 PM

Lately I'm on to let my bunker do its research and just have fun driving/flying around. Other than that it's just waiting for the weekly dripfeed which means a lot of time inbetween interesting occurances.

• Nossirag likes this

Unruly
  • Unruly

RIP Lil Peep

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:39 PM Edited by Unruly, 13 September 2017 - 08:43 PM.

How many kinds of threads like these does there need to be?

Otherwise, no. 

I'm not interested in pretty much any of the updates we've received this year though.

Bring back the non-business themed updates, R*.

• Arrows to Athens, TheKingChivas, LL Cool L and 4 others like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

Kind of, but I'm just getting bored of the sh*t.

We have to wait weeks/months for actual game breaking sh*t to be fixed but money glitches? They patch that sh*t asap.

Support is also a complete f*cking joke. It's not even ROCKSTAR GAMES SUPPORT, it's "We pay a 3rd party company to copy and paste sh*t all day".
  • Gtaman_92, gtafan26, BigJoe_1 and 7 others like this

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

I'll rustle your jimmies if you give me some sugar ;)

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:04 PM Edited by BigJoe_1, 13 September 2017 - 11:36 PM.

In a way.

If I'm playing by myself the only real enjoyment I get out of the game is modding cars, sightseeing/exploring, doing mission runs (the old ones, with self restrictions and the like) and racing. As you know most of those things are getting phased out as R* change the direction of this game from small time criminal with weirdly good connections to Mad Max meets The Expendables. So; racing, CM and real (traditional) GTA stuff is becoming less, well, traditional. It's either not economically productive enough (missions that are actually fun) or it's too financially draining (PvP, not that it's that fun now either tbh).

However, as soon as I can get at least 3 friends on it gets quite fun. We can set up impromptu races so we can choose our own route and set our own restrictions, play car tig, do 1v1 tournaments (for fun or to dupe jets and stuff :p) and of course do heists and CEO stuff.

It's not that I'm losing interest in the game, it's as if the game is losing interest in me (if you consider what's been changing), if that makes sense. All the things that allow solo players to enjoy the game are being pushed away as the direction of the game changes. You can't have fun in this game by yourself the same way you could 2 years ago, at least not without sh*ttons of money and a lust for military level PvP to match.

I still like playing the game, but in order to enjoy it the way I did before I have to either hope I get in a stable lobby with players who don't get a boner for explosions or lag myself into a lobby by myself, which is a bit harder since I'm on Xbox and have a wireless connection.

• gtafan26, dead goon, alkaline_ and 2 others like this

Cackling Jack
  • Cackling Jack

Hold My Beer And Watch This!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:15 PM

Basically enjoying semi retirement. I still jump on if friends need help or just want to chill. Apart from being burnt out from grinding now I just find lobbies with big free roam wars going on and join in till i get bored.
  • gtafan26, alkaline_, Actlikeyouknow and 4 others like this

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:20 PM Edited by zoso80, 13 September 2017 - 09:28 PM.

Done. Retired. Kaput. 

Love the franchise, hate what R* has done to GTA:O.

PVP lustfest and high priced bling with cash card mechanics (read: nothing original or innovative) aren't the reasons I played the game.  It's devolved into a stupid shooter with high priced toys for those people that'll pony up and buy those cash cards.

GTA:O is exactly what it mocked some years ago. 

All about money and no depth. Congrats R* you have mass appeal but you destroyed the soul of the franchise. I'm sure the Benz quietly frowns on this 'evolution.'  A gold standard franchise reduced to a empty soulless shooter with high priced toys. 

For shame. But hey, we can look forward to erect phallus memes for Halloween when the Batmobile drops.  That ladies and gentleman is how pathetic the franchise has become.

• Lc gta, jackrobot, Bullit1990 and 18 others like this

J-Scott-D
  • J-Scott-D

J-Scott-D and Lezly-D on PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:26 PM

Nope.

It's currently day 3 without power thanks to the hurricane coming up into Georgia and all I want to do is go back to Los Santos.

Dammit, I got things to do, lol
  • gtafan26, Crimie, doors8077 and 6 others like this

APB
  • APB

GTA V PC MASTERRACE

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

Haven`t played in a week now, no reason to return either. So kind of done unless something interesting comes around from friends/groups or R* themselves.  

• Actlikeyouknow, R3CON and Nossirag like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:31 PM

The only thing I like about GTA Online is the content creator.
  • JuniorChubb likes this

Madhorse
  • Madhorse

Rat

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:38 PM

I'm having a same kind of play style as I had with IV. When I get bored I play some other games for few months and then come back. At that point the game feels quite fresh again and actually excited to play. IV and GTAO are just those games I will always come back to. I wonder why. Maybe it's the way online works. There's so much to do even when it sometimes starts to feel like the opposite.
  • Nossirag likes this

Hellbendzor
  • Hellbendzor

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:39 PM

I love this game, still do, but when they stole my legit money, I lost my trust in this gaming company. Errors or bugs may happen, but chosing to ignore this issue and its vicitims afterwards, is kinda appaling. I loved to grind and work for my stuff. But now, that sense of accomplishing/earning things has left the building. 

I hope I can bring it back, but how can one be sure it won't happen again. They can't/won't even acknowledge the issue... And then their pricetags keep rising... It isn't funny anymore...

Let's hope a valid alternative comes out soon... This is all aimed at creating their profit, even that damn dripfeeding they're doing... 

Create something entertaining like new Time trials, new missions, new heists... And not only evolving aroudn making money (as little as possible for the gamers, as much as possible for them ). A game should be FUN and entertaining, not only about destroying and grieving other players... Which is what the current setup is all about...

How it all changed in the span of two years... Oh man... But truth be told as well... There is no valid and equal alternative yet... When it all boils down, it's still an awesome game, despite all the issues...

• Nossirag likes this

Cheesy_wotsit
  • Cheesy_wotsit

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:44 PM Edited by Cheesy_wotsit, 14 September 2017 - 11:55 PM.

I tend to spend most of my time dicking around in free roam. I might do the odd IE job to fund my crazyness but other than that the only jobs or missions I do tend to do are races but I am now at the stage with the game that instead of sticking it out when it all turns to sh*t, e.g the game decides to sh*t the bed and not load, gets stuck loading, has players drop out for no reason or you get stuck in a lobby full of proper steering wheel lickers I am more likely to just turn the game off rather than try and find a race lobby that works and has half decent players in it.

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:44 PM Edited by Quinn_flower, 13 September 2017 - 09:49 PM.

Yup!!!!!!!!

You know why.

Just log in sees money on top right corner I'm like eh grab a shirt. Logs off and plays another game or buy one on bundle stars.

When blaster man feels bored there is something wrong here.
  • gtafan26, Rafae, zoso80 and 6 others like this

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:45 PM Edited by zoso80, 13 September 2017 - 09:50 PM.

Hear, hear. 

I'm sure internal chatter in the gaming world, devs are talking about GTA and what R* has done with it.  I'm sure someone will step in evolve a successor to GTA the way GTA should've gone.

We do have that already, albeit unofficially. The GTA RP world is a totally different game that takes the GTA V map and builds its own content around PVE and Role Playing models.

Pretty damn cool stuff.  Too bad I don't have a viable PC at the moment, or I'd have gone down that route awhile ago.

Cheers. 

Let's hope a valid alternative comes out soon... This is all aimed at creating their profit, even that damn dripfeeding they're doing... 

• Rafae, Arrows to Athens, Actlikeyouknow and 3 others like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:51 PM

Nope.

It's currently day 3 without power thanks to the hurricane coming up into Georgia and all I want to do is go back to Los Santos.

Dammit, I got things to do, lol

Hope you get your power soon. Heard that storm did ugly in USA.

Rewdalf
  • Rewdalf

Can't tell if I'm being sarcastic or not? I probably am.

• Facade
  • Bulgaria

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:53 PM

You know, I was about to say "Yes..."

The updates are getting more and more ridiculous.

The lack of balance and power creep of the new vehicles make the Armored Kuruma and Hydra seem like they were the best ideas to come out of R* HQ.

The AI are absolute garbage, literally worst AI and artificially inflated difficulty I have ever experienced in a game since EA discovered rubberband AI.

Quality control has taken an absolute plummet, with the exception of the Rapid GT Classic and a few vehicles that feel like they were designed by well-intentioned people that had nothing to do with R*...

The community is ass. You literally have to hunt decent people down or play alone.

Cheating as as worse as ever. You can expect to be griefed, crashed, glitched, and harassed almost every time you play publicly...

and unless you have an illegitimate way to earn ingame money, you best get used to your new part-time job playing GTA:O...

But yesterday without planning to, I had a lot of fun with two friends.

It all started when we decided to walk across Liberty City, yes walk, to get to my friend's office.

On our little excursion, we talked, observed, pushed a few people over, and basically accomplished nothing.

It was the best nothing ever.

After all that, we found ourselves underground entering the Liberty City Metro.

Hell, why not ride the train around?

More meaningless enjoyment.

After getting spit up in the bad part of town, I had the wonderful idea of dressing up as the locals as to not stick out.

So, after getting some new green duds, gold chains, and backwards hats and bandanas, we continued our walk.

Things got a bit less green and more purple, and next thing you know we're dodging small arms fire from large groups of disgruntled minorities.

Thankfully, there were some bicycles nearby, and they aided in our escape.

The rest of the night was entirely spent acting like hooligans on our bikes, jumping over cars and breaking anything that was breakable.

We ended up at a skate park by the beach, where we discovered just how glitchy bike physics were.

After some laughs, it was over. I had spent hours in GTA without realizing it... Time actually got away from me.

This is something you can never do in a public lobby. You just can't. Yet its the only way I see GTA redeeming itself and being fun again.

Sadly, that'll never happen. But it did prove that GTA can still be fun if you just play it dynamically.

So I guess, final answer is yeah. It is getting old. Only reason I had fun was because of my friends and the company...

• Blasterman4EVER, Strauss Zeldick, idonknowhow and 2 others like this

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:55 PM Edited by DangerZ0neX, 13 September 2017 - 09:56 PM.

All I ever do as of late is help out heist crews, defend CEOs/MCs from any griefers that try to harasses them, and get some Editor pics here and there.

Other than that, sh*t's boring because of Rockstar's constant pandering of a specific demographic and ignoring other players. It's just the same old public-only combat circlejerk that rewards the griefers, and punishes the people trying to make honest cash because they don't want to rely on glitches or money-dropping hackers.

I'm not even gonna bother with any future Rockstar title, they've shown that money is more important to them than integrity after they saw shark card sales print dollars to the pleasure of Take Two's shareholders.
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO), zoso80, APB and 3 others like this

Stupidis
  • Stupidis

PC Warrior

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:58 PM

After I managed to do the criminal mastermind challenge a couple of weeks ago I feel like there's really nothing at the moment that can top that. Playing through all the contact missions right now but until some new DLC like heists arrives I doubt my interest in the game will be at the same level as it was before I completed the challenge.

Aquarices
  • Aquarices

I'm a sucker for other people's pain.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:01 PM

Personally I love the Game, but the dlc direction could use more variety. If they dropped a Midnight Club Style Update, and/or a Map Expansion, I would be refreshed. LS is a great map, but exploring a new map with a bunch of new vehicles is what it would take to make gta my primary game again.

This is pretty much on point. I'm starting to outgrow the game. Every update is incremental on the last. We need that wow factor again! Something completely new would give the game a much needed shot in the arm. I got full warehouses and bunker, all the cars I can drive, and all the clothes I can wear. A map expansion would get me back into it like I was in the past. Now I'm pretty much a gopher for crewmates that need help with something and a tuesday to tuesday purchaser of vehicles...

• FlacidJack, gtafan26, R3CON and 4 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users