Quantcast

» «
Photo

Half-track, or Insurgent?

11 replies to this topic

Poll: Which one should I get? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one?

1. HALF-TRACK (11 votes [35.48%])

Percentage of vote: 35.48%

2. INSURGENT PICK-UP (20 votes [64.52%])

Percentage of vote: 64.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Le Tittle

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:41 PM

I'm adding another vehicle to my "Gunrunning" collection. I'm a bit wiped with grinding, and think I'm just going to dick around for a few weeks. (Grinded out like 20 million for Smuggler's Run) Which one should I get for the time being? Both are about the same price right now with the sale. I do use my vehicles to play around with from time to time, but when something needs doing, it's usually the Hydra, as always. It'll mostly be for dicking around/completion's sake. I'm also a solo player, so either way, I won't be able to use the weapons on either effectively.

Sandpanther
  • Sandpanther

For I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:46 PM Edited by Sandpanther, 13 September 2017 - 02:01 PM.

I have both. Half Track is slower but has a ton of torque, has a working snorkel and can navigate underground parking garages better.(Looking at you Arcadius).

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:46 PM

Halftrack is slower, but fun to dick around with and looks unique from any other vehicles. The (upgraded) quad guns on the back are devastating

_47_
  • _47_

A.L.E.X.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:52 PM Edited by _47_, 13 September 2017 - 01:53 PM.

Get the Insurgent Pickup Custom. The Halftrack is Garbage and I have yet to see anyone in any lobby use it well. Don't waste your money haha. Yeah, the halftrack looks different but you can buy it later.

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:55 PM

In Motor Wars Half-Track is op.

HonorableMan
  • HonorableMan

Praetor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:00 PM

Half-track will shred pretty much anything you turn your guns on. It can also handle rough terrain very well. An Insurgent can fit more people, but it has a tendency to roll, so you're gonna lose gunners quickly and often. It is, however, much faster.

Do the half-track. It makes airplanes go away quicker, which is very useful after Smuggler's Run. It also just tanks explosions like nothing aside from a... Well, tank.

Bravado Buffalo
  • Bravado Buffalo

HATER

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:04 PM

Interesting bug: Bravado Half-Track have fully buletproof windshield! Even minigunner are not able to kill a driver via windshield. But it does not concern side door windows, keep in mind.

• ash-274 likes this

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:25 PM

I don't have either, but have faced both in FM. FWIW, I would much rather my enemy have an insurgent pickup. I have gone up against a few, and have come out on top more often than not.
That damn half track on the other hand....

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:58 AM

I find that the Insurgent Pickup is a better all around vehicle. It will seat more people, is faster and provides a bit more protection for the person manning the mounted gun depending on the level of armor installed.

The Half-Track is a blast but weighted oddly (don't fall down a mountain in one), wont seat as many people, no protection for the gunner and not remotely ideal for a long haul from Poleto to LS for example.

In both cases, it really comes down to personal preference.

However, if you can only afford one and don't know which one to choose, don't buy either. Wait till you can buy both at the same time and or save the money for something you KNOW you want.

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:51 AM Edited by The Sole Survivor, 14 September 2017 - 02:51 AM.

Half-track will shred pretty much anything you turn your guns on. It can also handle rough terrain very well. An Insurgent can fit more people, but it has a tendency to roll, so you're gonna lose gunners quickly and often. It is, however, much faster.

Do the half-track. It makes airplanes go away quicker, which is very useful after Smuggler's Run. It also just tanks explosions like nothing aside from a... Well, tank.

if only you weren't completely wrong

about the tank i mean

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:18 AM Edited by CrysisAverted, 14 September 2017 - 05:19 AM.

has a working snorkel

and here I have payed $20k several times because I though this thing could go submerged a bit

It also just tanks explosions like nothing aside from a... Well, tank.

all the tanks in this game have pathetic armor wat you talkin about, I'd say the half-track in terms of armor comes only second to the MOC

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

hmm ... this is a difficult one ...I also had that issue during GR days , but  I do have both now (bought the half-track last week with the discount ) and I actually love both ...

every vehicle has its advantages and disadvantages , it s actually up to the player : you´re a lone wolf , so I´d rather go for the Insurgent custom , but If you have some friends then the Half-track is the way to go , it´s even pretty OP in free roam ( add the Anti-aircraft to it and you have a true war machine )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users