laptop reccomendations

3 replies to this topic
whitieiii
  • whitieiii

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

don't know if this is the right place to post this but none the less I'm in the market for a laptop to play GTA V but with my budget I'm limited to a used laptop with a 4th gen i-series CPU and GT 730m graphics card but what CPU should I choose?

it looks like I can get a laptop with an i5-4300m and 1366x768 TN screen for around $150 or should I look for something like an i7-4700MQ or i7-4702MQ? I can always upgrade the CPU since it's socketed

I also have the option to go with a 1366x768 TN panel, a 1600x900 TN panel, or a 1920x1080 IPS panel.... I know that a lower res could give better FPS but would it matter in this instance? i'm not looking for anything fancy just to be able to play GTA V without lagging.... my 2015 macbook in bootcamp can barley play GTA IV on ultra low (all at lowest settings) at 800x600 so anything better even 30 FPS would be nice (was a free computer from mum for my graduation so can't complain)

any suggestions will be helpful as it's gonna take me awhile to find and buy all my parts and after paying all my bills I'm left with about $50/month to spend so I don't anticipate having a working machine until next year since ram, ssd and the works are expensive

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted A week ago Edited by ACM-Jan, A week ago.

as long as you get i5 with actual 4 cores and dedicated gpu (the one you mention is quite enough) you can get nice fps in game.

BTW HDD is good enough to play the game from and stay with windows 7, near minimum specs give good fps and stutter free experience on there for sure but win 10 could make stutters even if fps is same level.

whitieiii
  • whitieiii

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

as long as you get i5 with actual 4 cores and dedicated gpu (the one you mention is quite enough) you can get nice fps in game.

BTW HDD is good enough to play the game from and stay with windows 7, near minimum specs give good fps and stutter free experience on there for sure but win 10 could make stutters even if fps is same level.

the i5 is a dual core with 8 GB ram and I think i'm looking to go with windows 7 anyways.... less bloat and less spying

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted A week ago Edited by ACM-Jan, A week ago.

well technically im getting with pentium G series CPU (as good as laptops dual core I5) and gtx 750ti and windows 7 most of the time 60 fps when some settings are high and few are medium (it's desktop but comparable to laptop you think of) and also 4Gb ram but im upgrading to 8.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users