Looking for a new vehicle to use for Headhunter

35 replies to this topic
ToastySpuds93
  • ToastySpuds93

Purpur Pillar

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

So I've been using the W.Tampa for a while now but I'm looking for something new.
My choices as of now are the Buzzard and the Savage and I'd like to know people's thoughts about these aircrafts and if you guys can suggest other vehicles.

JRebbert512
  • JRebbert512

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I've always used the Buzzard. I've always finished it pretty quickly.

The Savage isn't nimble enough, in my opinion. It can fire missiles more rapidly than the Buzzard can, but in my opinion the lack of maneuverability, plus its weak armor (you'll be getting shot at by your target's bodyguards plus the cops) rule it out for me.

The Hunter might be a serious contender here; we'll have to wait and see.
  • JuniorChubb, _47_ and ToastySpuds93 like this

ToastySpuds93
  • ToastySpuds93

Purpur Pillar

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

I've always used the Buzzard. I've always finished it pretty quickly.
The Savage isn't nimble enough, in my opinion. It can fire missiles more rapidly than the Buzzard can, but in my opinion the lack of maneuverability, plus its weak armor (you'll be getting shot at by your target's bodyguards plus the cops) rule it out for me.
The Hunter might be a serious contender here; we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah I'm kinda leaning towards to Buzzard too but didn't they buff the armour on the Savage? Or is it still a flying cardboard box with guns?

And yeah, I'm excited to see what the Hunter can do. I just need something to help me do Headhunter for now. W.Tampa's getting a bit boring tbh.

Foxwolfe
  • Foxwolfe

Entering your birthday is optional

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I typically use the buzzard for the ease of it, as in you don't have to go pick it up like the savage, either one works fine though.

You can easily missile lock onto enemies that are too far away to shoot back at you in either chopper, as JR mentioned above the buzzard has the best handling/maneuverability hands down, but the no delay in successive missile firing on the savage can be very convenient as well. I find that when I'm in the buzzard and I come up on targets on the road that I have to time my missiles well so that the vehicles inhabitants don't get a chance to exit the vehicle and spread out too far due to the delay between shots 2 and 3 if you rapid fire the first two missiles. But even then it's such a minor issue that the buzzard usually wins out for me. 

• ToastySpuds93 likes this

gnomefromnome
  • gnomefromnome

to each his gnome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I've used the Savage for Headhunter a few times. If they spot you, expect some smoke as they have uncanny range and accuracy. Best thing with the Savage is to spam the missiles, and if you can, use the explosive cannon. It isn't as nimble as a Buzzard, but once you get the nose tilting back and forth, the cannons will shred their armored cars.

• _47_ and ToastySpuds93 like this

jland13
  • jland13

PSN: jland13

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

My go to vehicles for headhunter are Buzzard, Hydra, and Oppressor. Buzzard as it's easiest to get with CEO spawn right next to you and can finish in 5 minutes, Hydra speeds it up considerably though. I can usually complete HH in as little as 3 minutes with hydra, but going to Pegasus spawn negates some of the time savings. Oppressor is also a good option as well if you have rockets researched.

ToastySpuds93
  • ToastySpuds93

Purpur Pillar

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

My go to vehicles for headhunter are Buzzard, Hydra, and Oppressor. Buzzard as it's easiest to get with CEO spawn right next to you and can finish in 5 minutes, Hydra speeds it up considerably though. I can usually complete HH in as little as 3 minutes with hydra, but going to Pegasus spawn negates some of the time savings. Oppressor is also a good option as well if you have rockets researched.

I do have the missiles for the Oppressor, it's the first item I unlocked but I wasn't sure if its missile capacity was enough to finish headhunter. That and it's the most expensive vehicle out of the 3 ; asides from the hydra.

jland13
  • jland13

PSN: jland13

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by jland13, A week ago.

I do have the missiles for the Oppressor, it's the first item I unlocked but I wasn't sure if its missile capacity was enough to finish headhunter. That and it's the most expensive vehicle out of the 3 ; asides from the hydra.
True, but it's also the funnest (imo)!

Also, 20 rockets should be more than enough.

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Savage all day.    Nice s13 btw, if thats yours.

• Goingcrowd9 likes this

scaldy78
  • scaldy78

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I use the Buzzard or Savage. I've gotten my quickest times using the Savage tho. It's a beast for this VIP job. I prefer the Savage but the Buzzard is used more cause it spawns at my feet.
  • Goingcrowd9 and mrgstrings like this

Ruskiturbo
  • Ruskiturbo

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

if u paint crop duster full gold, chrome or hot pink, it becomes indestructable and gets speed boost. Therefore I must say, Crop Duster is THE BEST vehicle to use for HH

Piro
  • Piro

Pilot // The Lazlow Show fan

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner

Posted A week ago Edited by Piro, A week ago.

Before it was always Buzzard and Duke o'Death for me.

but now?

Oppressor - cause it's fast and super fun to use

CEO Havok - for landing on rooftops 

Tula or any other new plane - for bomb dropping

if u paint crop duster full gold, chrome or hot pink, it becomes indestructable and gets speed boost. Therefore I must say, Crop Duster is THE BEST vehicle to use for HH

wait... is that true?

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

The glorious helicopter.

90Ylmbz.png

• Mattoropael, _47_, Amy Vinewood and 6 others like this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

God is real, and he is an Attack Helicopter.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I'll certainly be using the Hunter once it releases. I mean, it's even in the name.

• _47_, Amy Vinewood, Happy Hunter and 1 other like this

Classique
  • Classique

That car manufacturer who likes to mock Declasse.

• Members
  • Denmark
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Helpfulness Award [GTAV]

Posted A week ago

wait... is that true?

It is as true as the offer I've gotten from the Nigerian Prince about him depositing 12 million bucks into my account if I send him 1000 bucks for the shipping fees.

• Daedalheidis likes this

Ruskiturbo
  • Ruskiturbo

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

wait... is that true?
It is as true as the offer I've gotten from the Nigerian Prince about him depositing 12 million bucks into my account if I send him 1000 bucks for the shipping fees.

I have killed multiple hydra kids with my Pink Supercharged Crop Duster though.

ToastySpuds93
  • ToastySpuds93

Purpur Pillar

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago Edited by ToastySpuds93, A week ago.

The glorious helicopter.

90Ylmbz.png

Oh the one and only king is definitely on my To Buy list. Just want something to speed up the money making process while waiting for the Hunter :)
  • Happy Hunter likes this

Zader
  • Zader

cocksucker

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted A week ago

I've always used the Hydra. Doesn't matter where the targets are, I can get the job done in two or three minutes and then get back to what I was doing.

For helicopters, I recommend the Buzzard. It's the most useful of the three. It's fast and nimble, you can spawn it at your feet, and it's surprisingly durable.

The Savage is about the size of the International Space Station and takes about a decade to swing its heft around to change direction, plus those props are more of a hazard to the helicopter itself than anything else.

The Hunter has been a disappointment with my experience thus far, the missile barrage being inaccurate, and the lock-ons being too slow to turn, missing anything moving faster than a dog dragging its ass on the carpet. Plus, you can't fly it yet unless you're crafty or playing with some PC magic, and it's bound to be stupidly expensive.

ToastySpuds93
  • ToastySpuds93

Purpur Pillar

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

I've always used the Hydra. Doesn't matter where the targets are, I can get the job done in two or three minutes and then get back to what I was doing.

For helicopters, I recommend the Buzzard. It's the most useful of the three. It's fast and nimble, you can spawn it at your feet, and it's surprisingly durable.
The Savage is about the size of the International Space Station and takes about a decade to swing its heft around to change direction, plus those props are more of a hazard to the helicopter itself than anything else.
The Hunter has been a disappointment with my experience thus far, the missile barrage being inaccurate, and the lock-ons being too slow to turn, missing anything moving faster than a dog dragging its ass on the carpet. Plus, you can't fly it yet unless you're crafty or playing with some PC magic, and it's bound to be stupidly expensive.

I've tried the Savage a few couple times already and I got used to strafing and circling around my targets but I do agree, thing's a flying tugboat. The Hydra is a pretty solid choice too but the thing with helicopters is that I can land them in my office and repair them if I ever do something stupid while flying.

The list just keeps on growing but at least I now have an idea on which vehicle I should get first.
  • Zader likes this

mrgstrings
  • mrgstrings

Now let's take the news from behind!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

but now?

wait... is that true?

Idk if this guy knows that he is supposed to sell his drugs... :lol:

• Piro and Fatsanchez like this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

CHECK YO SELF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Oppressor all day. Regardless of new aircraft coming out.

Blackangel66686
  • Blackangel66686

Brothers GRIM Commisioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I've tried the hydra and found it a little fiddly compared to the buzzard which is what I always use. It's so quick a nimblentoull struggle to get it done quicker with anything else I think. Especially once you're familiar with all the targets locations and how to approach each one.

The fact that it is so readily available from the CEO menu makes it perfect. Maybe not as fun as the others but definitely the most oractical i think.

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted A week ago

Buzzard, just keep your distance as those NPC's are accurate. You might also have to land every now and then as a few targets are under cover.

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Trick

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago

Savage, Hydra!
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I use the Buzzard for HH. It's fast, and the homing missles work great. Just be sure to be following the target or your missles will miss. Most of the time I can complete it in 5 minutes.
If you're looking for speed runs, I think the Hydra would be best. You could probably do HH in about 3 minutes due to its better top speed.
Personally I'm looking at picking up the Vigilante when it gets released specifically for Headhunter.

NegativeVector
  • NegativeVector

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I use the buzzard all the time and make sure to do HH in the city as the targets are quicker to get to. Up north you can run into them being spread out more, and time is money. If you're grinding CEO missions, starting a contact mission like blow up 3 while in your helicopter puts you right at the objective. Have your Tampa, do HH, blow up 3, and when you finish that, hostile takeover or sightseer should be ready. Rinse and repeat.

ToastySpuds93
  • ToastySpuds93

Purpur Pillar

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Looking at my list of options and I've narrowed it down to the 2 most efficient vehicles, those being the Hydra and the Buzzard. One thing to consider is the armour. How does the Hydra fare against the Buzzard in terms of armour/toughness?

Davisbruh
  • Davisbruh

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Buzzard all the time. The convenience, the mobility. Great overall choice

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted A week ago

I've always used the Buzzard, in & out in 2 minutes... Wam, bam, thank you for coming.

I've been using my Rogue lately though.

Fatsanchez
  • Fatsanchez

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

but now?

wait... is that true?

Idk if this guy knows that he is supposed to sell his drugs... :lol:

We found the responsible for LJT's spam-calling, dude's smoking all the dope instead of mesuaring the soil nutrients, lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users