Quantcast

» «
Photo

So when are they going to start drip feeding the aircraft?

25 replies to this topic
Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Le Tittle

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

It's been two weeks, and none of the locked aircraft have been released. 

Schumy7
  • Schumy7

Social Club number 1 World Rankings.

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:34 PM

Good question, maybe around christmass -_-

PetrolheadSupreme
  • PetrolheadSupreme

Are you feeling it now, Mr. Krabs?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:35 PM

Wow. Double dripfeeding the dripfeed.

f*ckin' cockstar.

• Arrows to Athens and J1M like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

Bombushka or Cyclone next.

Tourise
  • Tourise

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:02 PM Edited by Tourise, 12 September 2017 - 01:04 PM.

maybe until GTA 6 release

How do they keep people stay in the game if they don't keep you waiting

• HonorableMan likes this

GTAJJ
  • GTAJJ

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:09 PM

It doesn't ever work like that at all lmao. Do companies actually think we stay on their game if they drip feed?

They keep people on their game by releasing the damn content, not by holding it back.

I simply go play other games in the meantime until they stop having their shark cards tantrum and release the content.

It's quite surprising considering it's coming up to Christmas when many new content full games are coming out. Even dripfeeding one vehicle isn't going to make me choose GTA over a brand new experience lol.

• Cutter De Blanc, Omnifarious, BLACK DYNAM1TE and 2 others like this

_47_
  • _47_

Candidate for Augmentation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:41 PM

The more they keep this up. The less times I log on in general. I think its near time for me to move on to bigger and better games imo. I'm not a fan of waiting for anything.

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:11 PM

Erm, today. The rapid GT classic is out now along with double pay outs on smugglers run sell missions and the "popular" new mode motor wars...still.

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homeboy

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:24 PM

It doesn't ever work like that at all lmao. Do companies actually think we stay on their game if they drip feed?

They think that general user don't know about the future vehicle releases. You are not supposed to know about the "locked" content, so this content is expected to be "new" to you.

• StangOne50, pptz84, JustCallMeNiko and 1 other like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:32 PM

Until the next DLC starts.

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Le Tittle

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:28 PM

They think that general user don't know about the future vehicle releases. You are not supposed to know about the "locked" content, so this content is expected to be "new" to you.

If only they actually hid the vehicles. No one is going to be surprised to see the Hunter, etc, after they've been using it for two months in missions, lol. Not even the most casual of player. I've already gotten the jammer mission 20 or so times in the last two weeks. Thankfully I'm done with hanger missions for now, though. Got my 42 and sold a full hanger earlier today. Only got 700k, though, cause my noob of a friend crashed his cargobob without delivering any of his narcotics. 

• Happy Hunter likes this

BLACK DYNAM1TE
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE

GRAND THEFT DONALD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:38 PM

The more they keep this up. The less times I log on in general. I think its near time for me to move on to bigger and better games imo. I'm not a fan of waiting for anything.

Almost dropped my coffee. Nothing is or ever will be bigger than a GTA game, hell this one been king for 4 years and 5 different platforms later. What possibly would you play? Even so we would still be here 2 years later upon your return...and waiting on dripfeed.

FlacidJack
  • FlacidJack

Gangsta

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:06 PM

They're probably timing the drip to end near Halloween.

The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:17 PM

xcom just got updated
  • GTAJJ likes this

_47_
  • _47_

Candidate for Augmentation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

Almost dropped my coffee. Nothing is or ever will be bigger than a GTA game, hell this one been king for 4 years and 5 different platforms later. What possibly would you play? Even so we would still be here 2 years later upon your return...and waiting on dripfeed.

Yeah ok. Speak for yourself. GTAO is king of a genre, that's it. Obviously Steam has more games to choose from than I could possibly imagine. And, no I would not waste my time coming back to dripfeed content even if GTA 6 came out 2 years later. Not worth my time anymore. I don't support game companies that time lock content or behind some sort of paywall. 

I've been around the gaming industry a long time. 

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homeboy

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:06 PM

Obviously Steam has more games to choose from than I could possibly imagine. 

That's true. Most of them are like "Fidget Spinner Simulator" :D

I don't support game companies that time lock content or behind some sort of paywall. 

Bethesda are into paid mods (again!), Valve are monetizing on graffities for CS, Square Enix forces microtransactions to Deus Ex and introduced the episode model to the Hitman series. Almost any other game company (except indie studios) make profit on some kind of DLC or microtransaction scheme.

I don't think you have much game companies left to support.

• Forza Harrd likes this

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Mark Chump

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:18 PM

I don't support game companies that time lock content or behind some sort of paywall. 

Bethesda are into paid mods (again!), Valve are monetizing on graffities for CS, Square Enix forces microtransactions to Deus Ex and introduced the episode model to the Hitman series. Almost any other game company (except indie studios) make profit on some kind of DLC or microtransaction scheme.

Its not so much the paying its the dripfeed that really pisses folk off 

• _47_ likes this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

Heroic Hunter

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:26 PM

Erm, today. The rapid GT classic is out now along with double pay outs on smugglers run sell missions and the "popular" new mode motor wars...still.

The Rapid GT is an aircraft? News to me.

• _47_ likes this

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:37 AM

The Rapid GT is an aircraft? News to me.

Well, it does have the price tag of one  :facedesk:

• Forza Harrd likes this

Biter
  • Biter

MC President

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:13 AM Edited by Biter, 15 September 2017 - 09:14 AM.

They keep people on their game by releasing the damn content, not by holding it back.

I simply go play other games in the meantime until they stop having their shark cards tantrum and release the content.

It's quite surprising considering it's coming up to Christmas when many new content full games are coming out. Even dripfeeding one vehicle isn't going to make me choose GTA over a brand new experience lol.

It does not work like that either! You cannot be satisfied no matter what R* does. 

Its not so much the paying its the dripfeed that really pisses folk off 

It really pisses off a certain type of folk. Just a small minority. 

Smooth Longsack
  • Smooth Longsack

real long

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:39 AM

Tuesday

Cant-B-Faded
  • Cant-B-Faded

"...apparently seeking revenge..."

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:28 PM

My birthday is Tuesday so I hope the Coil gets released- I have no use for a giant bomber.

thepiebaker
  • thepiebaker

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:18 AM

Official word from C* is the dripfeed vehicles will release SOON
  • Gridl0k and Arrows to Athens like this

Jammsbro
  • Jammsbro

Pogo 4 life

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

I can't beleve they are going to stretch it out for 12 weeks.

I was sure we'd get two a week. Rockstar, you suck.

• Arrows to Athens and _47_ like this

GTAJJ
  • GTAJJ

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:27 PM Edited by GTAJJ, 17 September 2017 - 01:24 AM.

They chose to show these vehicles in their trailer, of course we know about them. They also chose to allow us to already use them in the missions. Of course we know about them. This is all on them, not hackers, not leaks. From R* alone. This also shows that the models are indeed in fully working order (on top of many modders showing the customisation as well). How someone, who even in general keeps up with GTA and its DLC's doesn't know about these vehicles is quite oblivious, to be frank. The trailer is shown many times before YouTube vids, it really hard to not know about these new vehicles. And the common sense thing to do when you notice that a giant bomber isn't in the game or the Hunter, is to enquire and search why or if your game is dodgy. That's when you do a simple search and forums, tweets and everything explains to you the dripfeed and the upcoming releases.

And as I said, if you keep up with GTA and R* latest practices, you would already know they started to Dripfeed content. Very easy to find out.

EDIT: Let's put this into perspective, even my mother came to tell me about it. She even knows about the Bombushka. LMAO.

It does not work like that either! You cannot be satisfied no matter what R* does. 

It really pisses off a certain type of folk. Just a small minority. 

How do you know what I am and aren't satisfied with? LOL. I was satisfied when they actually released a content update in full so I can choose what vehicles I want to play with. Not dripfeed. It pisses off a lot of people. People who can immediately see through R* desperate attempt to try to keep us on their game. GTA is about player freedom in a sandbox environment. Dripfeeding content defies the golden rule GTA stands for. Forcing us to all play with the latest vehicle they choose to drop us. That is not player freedom. So no I am not satisfied when I go onto a franchise well known in player choice and freedom, to now over the past couple of months be forced down a corridor of content partially locked over us. But toyed with since we can use it only in their certain conditions.

As I said, they chose to not even dripfeed the first week then release a car.. in a plane DLC. So a car.... or Destiny 2. LMAO. Hence why dripfeed simply doesn't work. I'll be back on the game next Tuesday if they decide to release content to do with the latest update. But shortly be off because it is also the Destiny reset day too. Because new car/plane vs a bunch of content in D2. Clear winner.

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

Heroic Hunter

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

They were in the trailer. That excuse doesn't work.

• Arrows to Athens, Suzuki Azure Vulpine and _47_ like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users