Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Question]I defend myself, but get cops on me?

9 replies to this topic
=Sammy=
  • =Sammy=

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:16 AM Edited by =Sammy=, 12 September 2017 - 10:16 AM.

However, a random happening first: I was listening to Self radio, when suddenly an urgent news popped in: a guy was driving the opposite lane.
Serious, where do they get these reporters???

There were HUNDREDS of those pricks driving the wrong lane.

Now, here's what i do not get... some player figures to hunt me, shoot at me, I make a head shot, kill the player with my .50 pistol, and I get cops on me?

What gives, is a gent no longer in his right to defend himself, Rockstar?

Why, if under attack, and defending me, end me up being the BAD guy?

Seriously, this ain't very right, now is it.

Or, do you expect me to lay a suit against said player AFTER HE KILLED ME?

TSSSSK, clean up your act, Rockstar!!!

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:26 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 12 September 2017 - 04:31 PM.

However, a random happening first: I was listening to Self radio, when suddenly an urgent news popped in: a guy was driving the opposite lane.

Now, here's what i do not get... some player figures to hunt me, shoot at me, I make a head shot, kill the player with my .50 pistol, and I get cops on me?

you know american laws are like this for real too, for example stalking or harassing and after you being shot you still not allowed to shoot back or else you go to court to complain you defended yourself but that last bit is little too hard to implement into game so they left only first part. In this game you suppose to call cops as well and hide until they arrive and spot the offender and judge them with police pistols.

btw i have watched alot of crime investigation shows from america.

=Sammy=
  • =Sammy=

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

From what I understood of my American friends, they ARE allowed to shoot back if fired upon.

Legal self-defense, it's called...

They can also defend their property by gunfire?

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:00 PM

don't know exact points in laws but it's messy stuff

=Sammy=
  • =Sammy=

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:57 AM

It's American.
Thus it has to be weird and messy.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

execute me (haha giddit)

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Character 2016 [Niko Bellic Ped]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:47 AM

You will receive the police notoriety as you are also committing a crime. There's essentially no way to tell if you're fighting back or not, and the odds are you'll fight back with heavy weaponry, such as explosives and fully automatic weapons.

And for the sake of it, no, in the US you aren't really allowed to shoot back, as you can be charged with murder / manslaughter if it is self defense. This can be void if the state has the "Stand Your Ground" law (under reason).

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:36 AM

You will receive the police notoriety as you are also committing a crime. There's essentially no way to tell if you're fighting back or not, and the odds are you'll fight back with heavy weaponry, such as explosives and fully automatic weapons.

And for the sake of it, no, in the US you aren't really allowed to shoot back, as you can be charged with murder / manslaughter if it is self defense. This can be void if the state has the "Stand Your Ground" law (under reason).

aha, i knew this was the case and i remembered something like this was a thing there but yeah you can argue in court and get exception if reason is valid and proven

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

There is definitely confusion in this thread.

First, when you say the law is "messy", you have to understand that America is not a single state, it is a union of fifty separate states, each with its own laws. Now, it's true that the rights of states are continually being usurped by the federal government, but the ability to move to another state if you don't like the laws--but still live in the same nation--has always been one of the great things about America.

In some localities, Constitutional rights to defend life and property, and to bear arms, are mostly not violated. In other localities, they are to varying degrees, and in other localities, even the plain right to bear arms is denied.

In Phoenix just recently, a man entered a pharmacy and held employees and customers at gunpoint, demanding opioids. One customer happened to be armed, and took the guy down, rightly lauded as a hero. In other places, he would almost certainly have been viciously prosecuted and imprisoned.

The only mess is the denial of rights.

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago

after you being shot you still not allowed to shoot back or else you go to court to complain you defended yourself

btw Hi have watched alot of crime investigation shows from america.

Ha then you're watching the wrong shows btw those shows don't show the whole scope of the law, In the U.S we have two laws called Stand Your Ground & Castle Doctrine

The SYG Law allows you to shoot anyone threatening your life even if they haven't shot you or even touched you first but your life must be in danger

Castle Doctrine allows you to shoot anybody that has entered your home illegal such as a break in without them showing any violent towards you.

I am a concealed carry permit holder which means i am always armed, I have used my firearm twice both times fell under the Stand Your Ground & Castle Doctrine.

Video games and TV Shows aren't a good source of information when it comes to the Law in a country

The police in this game is turned up to 100 you can't even sneeze without getting one star so you just have to learn to deal with it.

Once i blew up a boat at the end of the map and still somehow the police heard the explosion and i had a 3 star wanted level and had boats and helicopters over top before the boat ever sank

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Maybe I'm misunderstanding =Sammy=, but I have never been listening to the radio and heard a report about something that is currently happening in the game world. Reports about major events that recently happened, yes, but not events that are unfolding even as they are being reported. Does this actually happen? Is it only on Self Radio?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users