Airstrikes have the potential to be a complete game changer

50 replies to this topic
Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:28 PM

Meh, even with all of these restrictions this sounds like a feature that could be abused.

The only way I can see airstrip ed being buffed is:

-Made it Lazer guided instead of flares, to not tip off other players of the impending attack;

-Kills made from it should credit who called for the airstrike;

-If my counting is right, it fires about 5 missiles straight down to the general area of the flare, increase that to 10 missiles, increase the splash damage of each one of them and increase the radius of the area that can be attacked.

-Increase the time it takes for the jet to come, so who called for the attack can flee from the area.

JustCallMeNiko
  • JustCallMeNiko

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:40 PM

The first reply to your topic likely nailed the impetus of your post.

As for the idea itself..not so well thought out....

For example; Once you've launched a nuclear assault at me I would then do the same in return to you...now what? We sit and wait for the cooldown timer to expire to do it all over again?
  • FallingAway likes this

JustCallMeNiko
  • JustCallMeNiko

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:49 PM

OP should just fight his own battles instead of needing assistance from NPC's.

Say I'm in a lobby and I do what you propose.

It's me against four jets, who - no matter how many times you kill them - continually get new jets and make it their sole aim to ensure you can't get one yourself. Of course, I can get a jet by going off radar and if I'm on my game, take them all out, but it's only a matter of time until they're able to get a jet in the sky, distracting me and freeing up their friends to get more jets in the sky. Rinse and repeat.

At the end of the day, I don't want to play a game where I need to be constantly looking over my shoulder. I want to enjoy myself. So what do you do? Play their irritating game, or pay for a service which can destroy them in seconds? 

I choose the latter.

This line of thinking is silly... why should you have an easy time against 4 other players? In a 4v1 fight you should be a heavy underdog.

As it is now you have the explosive bullets to at least allow you to compete but it would be pretty game breaking to allow anyone to dominate a lobby with a call to Lester.

FallingAway
  • FallingAway

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:57 PM

And exactly what's stops this person from getting another jet after getting hit by the air strike? Nothing, and they'll probably return the favor with an air strike on you and you'll just be right back where you started to begin with. Except in your scenario he still has three other friends who can also call one on you
  • JustCallMeNiko likes this

UncleScrooge
  • UncleScrooge

💰💰💰💰💰

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

Well I did recruit a team to help me with a sale and they destroyed my stuff on purpose.

I think you've learnt your lesson.

While I like the idea I have to agree that it won't achieve the desired outcome and will most likely backfire on you.

Rather than an airstrike you need to hit them from low orbit and boot them offline. Cheap, easy, temporary relief.
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

Current airstrike is pretty useless but I think what you suggest may be a little OP.

I doubt anyone would spend 50k on something like that anyway.

• Silencer555, Goingcrowd9 and Hécate-II like this

jerryinohio78
  • jerryinohio78

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:11 PM

The Merryweather airstrike is a joke.
  • Arrows to Athens, MisFit-138 and Hécate-II like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

It works well in the mission Mixed Up With Coke. You'll spawn right outside of the construction site, so all you have to do is call em' up, select airstrike, and then throw it over. You'll get the first garbage truck.

• gtafan26 and Goingcrowd9 like this

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:37 PM

It works well in the mission Mixed Up With Coke. You'll spawn right outside of the construction site, so all you have to do is call em' up, select airstrike, and then throw it over. You'll get the first garbage truck.

or just throw 1 grenade
  • Mattoropael, KornbreadMaf1a, MisFit-138 and 1 other like this

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:51 AM

Meh. Tried to call an airstrike on myself after reading this thread. Total ripoff.

benjaminstrike
  • benjaminstrike

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:40 AM

Nah dont change it. I've been using it a lot lately... to kill CEO's if I'm their associate
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:15 AM

Changing one small mechanic of the game to where it's a "game changer" usually isn't a good thing. Just saying

CaptSpalding
  • CaptSpalding

Capt Spalding

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:16 AM Edited by CaptSpalding, 13 September 2017 - 06:16 AM.

This game is now called Grand Theft Airborne or Airpocalypse or Practical Carpet Bombing Sim ,claim your 1% discount on cluster [email protected] bombs now, R* are murdering their own child.

DarkForkner
  • DarkForkner

Player Hater

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:50 AM

Well I did recruit a team to help me with a sale and they destroyed my stuff on purpose, but that doesn't really fit into this whole thing.

I play the game strategically, as to not put myself in certain situations.

Recruiting and trusting a bunch of total randoms for help knowing the mindset/IQ of the average GTA player....

What was that about playing strategically as to not put yourself in certain situations?  :sarcasm:

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:44 PM

Jesus why can't people just go ghost and throw stickies from an Insurgent like I do?

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

Jet Lover & Freemode Terrorist Since 2013

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:51 PM

Why call for a airstrike when you can BE the airstrike :devil:

giphy.gif

• Happy Hunter and SHOKKERZ91 like this

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:53 PM

Jesus why can't people just go ghost and throw stickies from an Insurgent like I do?

Because stickies cost 600$ each and that cuts into my hooker budget.

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:55 PM

^ The only thing that cuts into my hooker budget is the knife I use to get my 'refund' :lol:

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:06 PM Edited by Arrows to Athens, 13 September 2017 - 08:06 PM.

or just throw 1 grenade

I like it to rain bombs, though. Plus, it's good to at least put the airstrike to good use, right? It takes out several enemies as well.

Aggregate Demand
  • Aggregate Demand

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:27 AM

Well I did recruit a team to help me with a sale and they destroyed my stuff on purpose, but that doesn't really fit into this whole thing.

I play the game strategically, as to not put myself in certain situations.

Recruiting and trusting a bunch of total randoms for help knowing the mindset/IQ of the average GTA player....

What was that about playing strategically as to not put yourself in certain situations?  :sarcasm:

Because I was chatting with them and they seemed fine. I couldn't do it by myself and no friends were on at the time. I wanted to make money so I made a judgement call.

By being strategic, I'd keep searching for a lobby with 4 people in it, as to lessen the risk of getting my sh*t destroyed.

I didn't think they'd mess up my sh*t at the time, because surprisingly there are players out there who aren't complete asswipes. This time I was proven wrong. It happens. 

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:04 PM Edited by ViceOfLiberty, 14 September 2017 - 12:04 PM.

I think that if you're playing GTA and even like the idea of an airstrike then you're an idiot simpleton who thinks that every single video game should be a pew pew pew kaboom-splosion shoot em up military fps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users