Backstory on your playstyle?

85 replies to this topic
Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

May I ask the OP what pleasure you get from trashing people's hard work in such a way that they have no way to effectively defend themselves (I'm assuming that you destroy shipments in a Hydra as you mention using it later in your post).You're not challenging yourself as it's a duckshoot, and you're not earning anything in terms of in-game rewards, so what's the satisfaction?

They can defend themselves, they understand the risks of selling. The satisfaction is seeing "you destroyed cargo". Feels decent knowing the economy of GTA:O is staying in tact (a bit)

Then I think sometimes, would this person attack me? Usually the answer is yes.

LOL they can defend themselves. Oh look here comes a jet going 100 plus mph shooting explosive rounds at a unarmed trash truck moving 5 miles per hour, lets see who is going to win this one! I'm not sure what is so satisfying about winning such an uneven and unbalanced match up but hey whatever makes you feel good about yourself I guess. I'm sure Rock Star Shark Card sales department appreciates you.
Staying inside a trash truck while you see a Hydra headed your way is not smart, but you could get out and shoot some explosive sniper rounds. Make sense?

Also, I'm sure shark card department has seen a lot of customers because of me ;)

Not everyone has access to explosive sniper rounds, you know?
  • Jenkiiii, -LN-, DangerZ0neX and 1 other like this

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted A week ago

May I ask the OP what pleasure you get from trashing people's hard work in such a way that they have no way to effectively defend themselves (I'm assuming that you destroy shipments in a Hydra as you mention using it later in your post).You're not challenging yourself as it's a duckshoot, and you're not earning anything in terms of in-game rewards, so what's the satisfaction?

They can defend themselves, they understand the risks of selling. The satisfaction is seeing "you destroyed cargo". Feels decent knowing the economy of GTA:O is staying in tact (a bit)

LOL they can defend themselves. Oh look here comes a jet going 100 plus mph shooting explosive rounds at a unarmed trash truck moving 5 miles per hour, lets see who is going to win this one! I'm not sure what is so satisfying about winning such an uneven and unbalanced match up but hey whatever makes you feel good about yourself I guess. I'm sure Rock Star Shark Card sales department appreciates you.
Staying inside a trash truck while you see a Hydra headed your way is not smart, but you could get out and shoot some explosive sniper rounds. Make sense?

Also, I'm sure shark card department has seen a lot of customers because of me ;)

And have you seen the price of ONE explosive round in comparison to the millions of free explosive rounds a jet can fire?

• hei3enberg and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

What is it Clint Eastwood snarls in Unforgiven?

"He should have armed himself..."

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

Considering how obscene is the paywall just to gain access to a necessary defensive measure like the explosive rifles, it's obvious that not a lot of people have access to it, not even to this day since Gunrunning came out.

Even then, you're attacking a cargo shipment, possibly worth over a million dollars, carried around in a bouncy monster truck or a slow mail van with a weaponized jet capable of long range missile locking and explosive cannon strafing.

No matter how hard you try to bullsh*t, it's still unfair and you're still a massive pussy for not wanting to carry out the combat on equal grounds.

Are you seriously using a movie quote to justify a jet specifically attacking vulnerable CEOs and MCs stuck in defenseless civilian vehicles?
  • hei3enberg, Milesinho, Jenkiiii and 5 others like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted A week ago

256 days in badsport i think that sums up my style lol

How is it there? I heard it is a war zone every second and only the toughest of the toughest survive? I know you've been in the game for a long time Harbujahn

If you want hardcore pvp then you will love it but you won't get much work done its an endless dirty tactic deathmatch 

Horrible place but bloody good fun :)

I'm there now, as well. That's the perfect description for it. All I will add is that if you ever want to know how badly you really are at GTAO, then go to Bad Sport. 

It's a virtual, old-style schooling.

Ive been in on current gen only for two days a few months ago (timers reset on transfer) and that was a wake up lol

I bet with all the new stuff recently you are kept firmly on your toes :)

Well, I know it's been covered many times, but the game is a hypocrisy. "Here, take these overpowered explosive weapons and shoot them at everything EXCEPT at other player's cars."

With the Ruiner 2000, I landed in Bad Sport for a few days, so I just stopped using it. Now, however, I'm on my Oppressor all the time. Bad Sport was a week this time, coming to the end tonight or tomorrow.

Thank God for Passive Mode, though, because 90% of the time, you die in Bad Sport and have no idea where it came from or who just hit you. Either that, or get used to 10Pv1P chases. ugh.

• HARBUJAHN and Jenkiiii like this

TankGirl
  • TankGirl

Follow me get a proxy for free

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by TankGirl, A week ago.

Not everyone has explosive sniper rounds. Maybe they are saving up for an MOC so they can buy them. Not everyone is a GTA multimillionaire who can afford everything as soon as a DLC drops. The explosive sniper hasnt been around that long. Dont make excuses, you go for easy targets and kills, own it. 

• Jenkiiii, -LN- and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

My play style is Sightseer>Trash Talk>Headhunter invite only. f*ck all *you's.

*phuck grammar.
  • MisFit-138 likes this

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

Jet Lover & Freemode Terrorist Since 2013

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted A week ago

My playstyle? Terrorist. Blowing everything up, including myself. ;)

Some players just want to watch the session burn.

• HARBUJAHN, alkaline_, Happy Hunter and 1 other like this

psymin
  • psymin

mayor of paleto bay.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Canada
  • Crew Poster Battle Winner 2016

Posted A week ago Edited by psymin, A week ago.

afroman3.png

a long time ago I realized that when I play pvp shooting games, the more cannabis I smoked the worse I shot.

since I'd rather smoke-up than shoot-out in a game as diverse as GTA:O, I resigned myself to not shooting first and trying to be helpful in GTA:O.

haven't changed, and I ain't lettin' no griefer turn me into an asshole.
  • deadx23, MisFit-138, Jenkiiii and 1 other like this

AredTarg
  • AredTarg

Conquerer and Ruler of all Los santos,Venturas and Ferrio

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Not everyone has explosive sniper rounds. Maybe they are saving up for an MOC so they can buy them. Not everyone is a GTA multimillionaire who can afford everything as soon as a DLC drops. The explosive sniper hasnt been around that long. Dont make excuses, you go for easy targets and kills, own it. 
I go for any and everyone, *maybe* those people should have friends covering for them? *maybe* before you sell cargo solo, you have a friend or an associate in some type of vehicle?

AredTarg
  • AredTarg

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Considering how obscene is the paywall just to gain access to a necessary defensive measure like the explosive rifles, it's obvious that not a lot of people have access to it, not even to this day since Gunrunning came out.

Even then, you're attacking a cargo shipment, possibly worth over a million dollars, carried around in a bouncy monster truck or a slow mail van with a weaponized jet capable of long range missile locking and explosive cannon strafing.

No matter how hard you try to bullsh*t, it's still unfair and you're still a massive pussy for not wanting to carry out the combat on equal grounds.

Are you seriously using a movie quote to justify a jet specifically attacking vulnerable CEOs and MCs stuck in defenseless civilian vehicles?
Why would I put in so much effort when I can just use a hydra? I could equal the playing fields, but doing all that isnt necessary.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

CHECK YO SELF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I shoot first and attack all comers. To assert my dominance on the area I am in.

Knowing you, you're one of those alll-black gear tryhards who literally can't live without their Oppressors and APCs.

You can't be dominant if your playstyle heavily depends on expensive toys, bud.
No bp helmet or rebreather for me Kenny.
  • MisFit-138 likes this

Brick Top
  • Brick Top

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago

I done it all tbh, I have no particular playstyle still to this day. But I found myself to have become a cynical, paranoid ass more than I used to since that's what it takes to get on with your business/to make money. You can trust friends, the real ones, but not the randoms. At anytime (in a public lobby), anything out there is just waiting to kill you in an instant be it now, in an hour or the next minute, no matter if you let live or shoot first. Which is why I never went by any sort of policy approaching players. I take my chances when I feel like there is a window, sometimes I'm dead wrong other times I meet great people. GTA Online is a gamble you win some you loose some. 

• MisFit-138 likes this

Dr WGA Labriskagni
  • Dr WGA Labriskagni

Dr WGA Labriskagni

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted A week ago

I'm a Speeder, I like putting large bounties on myself and try to outrun everyone in the lobby. Call it Wheel man practice...

AredTarg
  • AredTarg

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I'm a Speeder, I like putting large bounties on myself and try to outrun everyone in the lobby. Call it Wheel man practice...

me and my fiends do that, it's so fun. We would do this back in 2015 and run inside the police station. We would have two guys in the front, and two in the back. It was intense! We once had a whole crew of 15people rush in and it was one of the best experiences ever on gta! Explosions,cover,proxy mines,tear gas, and all
  • Zader and MisFit-138 like this

SJH1991
  • SJH1991

Scotland's finest

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Every session is different.  I check to see where everyone is in the map, who is a CEO or not... grind a few missions depending on other players behaviour(if it's not a warzone), play a few stunt races/adversary modes.  occasionally I'll join in on the killing other players just for something to do!

• MisFit-138 likes this

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tommy

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Acky., A week ago.

Varies on session popularity and also organisation/MC popularity.

If I'm in a session with a limited amount of players (1-16), I will start by entering a session, spawning at my CEO Office and starting a vehicle cargo mission. I collect said vehicle and transport it to my warehouse without fuss majority of the time. I continue by earning money this way as it seems to be the quickest and most hassle-free method of me earning some GTA$. Normally there are around 2-3 organisations active (including myself).

In larger populated sessions (16-32), with 4-5 organisations, I am a lot more alert to the activity of other players. I normally spend around 5-10mins cruising around to see if it is a hostile environment and whether I can do hassle-free vehicle cargo missions.

My approach to other players is always friendly; I only begin to shoot when shot at as I don't like to cause any unnecessary friction with other players; we all either out here grinding or being assholes, let be honest.
However if I am attacked by someone in a combat vehicle (APC, Insurgent, Hydra), I retaliate and don't stop until my K/D is at least in comparison to Hitler's.

Sometimes I do engage in combat in regards to Free Mode work (I.E protect the targets, bounties etc.), in which I apply a role-playing style, such as dressing up as an agent (suit, with body armour), and use authority-issue weapons. (standard pistol, MP5 etc.)

If I'm chilling, I spend my time cruising around the map in vehicles, blending in with NPCs.
  • AredTarg likes this

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted A week ago

My style for nothing, involving to something.
It's nothing but something.
  • -LN- likes this

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

My play style directly relates to how bored I am.
Not bored=I'll be doing races, CMs, maybe just flying around in my Dodo.
Bored=Everybody gets a rocket.

However, blowing up shipments and such gets boring too. For all the bluster I've read on these forums regarding how people react to being griefed (I killed him back 50 times and he hid in his house and I killed all his friends and they hid in their houses then they all sold their consoles because I rekt them!!!!)
I rarely encounter any resistance. Mostly it's "Cmon man stop it" on the mic.

So, eclectic? I guess.
  • MisFit-138 likes this

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted A week ago

Each session I start, starts with "how much gta$ can I earn" and keep all cash made on hand. When $50000 is made on goes the green duffle bag.

Most importantly 80% of the time I have a bounty on my head 100% of the time. Serves as an income and great way to trap muppets, mugg, murder'em make out with cash.

Before said mig'n'murder I rob a store, when the clerk FINALLY gets register open,...I time when clerk's first fist full of cash goes in the bag then bang. Usually between $60-$120 in bang, make a dash. Share cash to people in session 5% which comes to around $4-$16 it's a hoot and some people really ticks them off.

:) I Chang

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

A Mercenary lost in Los Santos

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

not that I want to, but how do you get into bad sport lobbies? I mean, what did youll do to get there?

OscarZetaAcosta
  • OscarZetaAcosta

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Did no one else develope a play style from playing games up to GTA? My play style goes all the way back to how I played in multiplayer lan parties for the original DOOM and Quake. Then years latter I refined my style in multiplayer competitions for 007 on the n64. As GTA reached a decent game at GTA 3 my friends and I used to see who could last the longest vs cops and military. We did that for years wishing we could do it to random kids and not npc cops. When gta5 came out it was a give in I would be one of the most annoying players. I have no weapon that is off limits or taboo to me. I will use anything I can to kill like everyone did in previous mentioned early multiplayer games. The only thing lacking from GTA that has always been a weapon of choice for me is the chainsaw. I first found it to be a fun as he'll weapon on DOOM and it was one of my favorite weapons in early GTA games.

Zader
  • Zader

cocksucker

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted A week ago

I tend to play relatively passively, racing around cars and doing PVE missions, either alone or with others, typically away from any player blips. I don't shoot at other players first, but if they so much as aim at me, I'm going to kill them until they leave the session, go passive to get away, or send me a friend request or message about no longer wanting to fight. Not counting freemode events in which PVP is the objective, obviously.

If hired on as an associate or part of an MC, I get things done without a word. I try to avoid any kind of unnecessary casualties, and can't tolerate getting civilians or unrelated players killed. Pisses me off more than getting killed by the AI myself, frankly. I'll work for peanuts as long as I can change my clothes every once in a while. When the boss leaves, I go back to what I was doing until I find it time to quit myself.

I find being nice and approachable to be the most rewarding part of this game, making friends and teaming up against sh*tters in the lobby with them, having impromptu car shows, or doing random drag races with people I can barely understand. A little bit of niceness goes a long way, and it's not exceptionally rare for me to completely pacify a lobby, even though few of us are in passive mode and a couple are still your chrome Adder sh*tters.

I think getting along is something we could all do, and something we should all strive for, and I apply that to my gaming habits as well. Everyone gets a chance, but if they squander it, being hostile towards the passive, I'm not upset by teaching them some manners.

lcrSH8KZYki-SjskImgX9w_0_0.jpg

• R3CON and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

Jet Lover & Freemode Terrorist Since 2013

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted A week ago

not that I want to, but how do you get into bad sport lobbies? I mean, what did youll do to get there?

I didn't keep track of my player status, never again I'm going back.

AredTarg
  • AredTarg

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

You guys are talking about how hardcore bad sport is, and all I'm thinking about is how fun Piracy/Executive search must be in there
  • fw3 and MisFit-138 like this

-LN-
  • -LN-

Acquired Taste

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I do not grind and I do not grief; however, there are two styles of play that I enjoy: friendly/respectfully competitive and relaxed co-op.

I do have a competitive side of my personality, but I prefer structured and fair playing fields. Whether it's a race, deathmatch, game of tennis, or whatever, I enjoy competing against players who play fairly and who can both win and lose gracefully.

When it comes to co-op, I enjoy doing it with friends or people who are friendly and laid-back. Of course, I want to play "right" and do my part, but if someone dies or fails, no big deal. With randoms, that can of course be a different story, but if I'm around people I know, it doesn't matter--I'm not one to take it all so seriously. The best part is the social aspect and to even be able to have a laugh together about screwing up and the like. I don't think I would enjoy gaming with people who take everything so seriously and flip out if something doesn't go exactly according to their plan.

Why do I play the way I play? No idea, but I don't grief because I tend to treat others the way I would like to be treated and I don't grind because I find the whole concept and routine to be incredibly boring.

a long time ago I realized that when I play pvp shooting games, the more cannabis I smoked the worse I shot.

For me, the more I, eh, consume, the better I am at PvP shooting, but I become absolutely useless and dangerous when it comes to racing. :lol:

• fw3, psymin, deadx23 and 3 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users