85 replies to this topic
AredTarg
  • AredTarg

Conquerer and Ruler of all Los santos,Venturas and Ferrio

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

...flying my Rouge

Slightly off topic, but one of my favourite things about online gaming is the constant misspelling of the words 'angel' and 'rogue'. Gamers with nicknames like 'rouge_warrior787' and 'angle_of_death44' suddenly don't sound quite so tough ha ha
Karuma.
Hist and yatch.
Zentoro
Hanger.
massacaro
  • alkaline_ and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted A week ago

May I ask the OP what pleasure you get from trashing people's hard work in such a way that they have no way to effectively defend themselves (I'm assuming that you destroy shipments in a Hydra as you mention using it later in your post).You're not challenging yourself as it's a duckshoot, and you're not earning anything in terms of in-game rewards, so what's the satisfaction?

They can defend themselves, they understand the risks of selling. The satisfaction is seeing "you destroyed cargo". Feels decent knowing the economy of GTA:O is staying in tact (a bit)

Then I think sometimes, would this person attack me? Usually the answer is yes.

They can't defend themselves buddy when they're in a trash truck, cargobob, post-op van, and various other types of underpowered delivery vehicles, especially against a determined and skilled jet pilot. The game has been configured this way, to make you feel justified and good about destroying the in-game revenue of other players. Rockstar are smarter than us, and certainly smarter than you. I've stated this in other posts and I'll state it again - you're not doing anything new or original or controversial, but quite the opposite. You're indirectly doing the bidding of Rockstar by acting as their griefing pawn. Well done I suppose, if it makes you feel good, but your post caused me to unlike your OP, and I am the only person who liked it so far!

And perceiving whether a person is able to defend themselves or is likely to attack you in return, is completely in your head. You have no idea what other people are capable of or are thinking.

• Scaglietti, alkaline_, -LN- and 4 others like this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

...flying my Rouge

Slightly off topic, but one of my favourite things about online gaming is the constant misspelling of the words 'angel' and 'rogue'. Gamers with nicknames like 'rouge_warrior787' and 'angle_of_death44' suddenly don't sound quite so tough ha ha
Karuma.
Hist and yatch.
Zentoro
Hanger.
massacaro
Eligy.
  • alkaline_ and Jenkiiii like this

TankGirl
  • TankGirl

Follow me get a proxy for free

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by TankGirl, A week ago.

May I ask the OP what pleasure you get from trashing people's hard work in such a way that they have no way to effectively defend themselves (I'm assuming that you destroy shipments in a Hydra as you mention using it later in your post).You're not challenging yourself as it's a duckshoot, and you're not earning anything in terms of in-game rewards, so what's the satisfaction?

They can defend themselves, they understand the risks of selling. The satisfaction is seeing "you destroyed cargo". Feels decent knowing the economy of GTA:O is staying in tact (a bit)

LOL they can defend themselves. Oh look here comes a jet going 100 plus mph shooting explosive rounds at a unarmed trash truck moving 5 miles per hour, lets see who is going to win this one! I'm not sure what is so satisfying about winning such an uneven and unbalanced match up but hey whatever makes you feel good about yourself I guess. I'm sure Rock Star Shark Card sales department appreciates you.

• Neuling2000, alkaline_, Jenkiiii and 5 others like this

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

Jet Lover & Freemode Terrorist Since 2013

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted A week ago Edited by DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin, A week ago.

I have my play style because I can't stop trolling. I also really love aircraft, so it's no surprise then when the saw the jet in the very first GTA Online trailer that it was pretty clear what kind of payer I was going to be. At first however my only concern was getting the tank in the early days just to blow people up. Seeing videos of just how mad people got (lol) and the hate mail that came afterwards was just the icing on the cake. I had been blown up a lot myself so it didn't bother me that my play style wouldn't make me a lot of friends, I was however very wrong about that. I've made many friends who shared similar interests in killing people with jets and just about causing wars with any military vehicles. Over time the tank got nerfed, I sometimes got shot down and faced the wrath of pissed players (sometimes even teaming up to gang up on me lol), and then came this with the heist update...

S8Ar8XnI-kW6rIuYC_cxEw_0_0.jpg

Now I could get my own jet with having to always to Fort Zancudo, and this was a huge bonus when it came to contact missions. So I split my time between the Lazer and Hydra, watching videos on how to improve and joining jet crews. Gun Running came, and there was finally deadly counter to the Jet fiasco (explosive rounds). I can say personally I have only been shot down twice since it came out, and was expecting there to be plenty more (but I guess experiences vary). I don't jet grief 24/7 as I have to have a good balance of grinding missions and heists to keep my player status in the positives (also need to have a beefy account to take all those insurance hits). 4 years on despite all the changes it still hasnt gotten old and wont get old because of stuff like this....

Gun Running provided some stuff on the ground for me and some friends to terrorize with and with Smugglers Run need I say more? (Starts with H)

i778wZoulUagrO6Mu8fktQ_0_0.jpg

(Granted I'm still practicing with choppers after using Jets for so long)

So basically overall I am a free roam terrorist, not something I will gloat about or say to make people feel impressed. I guess its a mixture of trolling, causing destruction, and the hilarity of hearing people fume on mic over a game and send hate mail. I've been blown up many times, I expect it. Some people apparently haven't gotten the memo still that free roam is a cesspool. With all these vehicles, certainly I wont be going from point a and point b, especially when other fire the first shot sometimes.

The reason I am never broke is quite simple: Only spend on stuff that blows people up. In the words of Agent 14, "Look up exciting new ways of terminating people)

tenor.gif

• alkaline_ and Happy Hunter like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

My character's backstory is that he's white trash from Alderney. My cars and clothing choices try to reflect that as much as possible

• DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin likes this

AredTarg
  • AredTarg

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by AredTarg, A week ago.

LOL they can defend themselves. Oh look here comes a jet going 100 plus mph shooting explosive rounds at a unarmed trash truck moving 5 miles per hour, lets see who is going to win this one! I'm not sure what is so satisfying about winning such an uneven and unbalanced match up but hey whatever makes you feel good about yourself I guess. I'm sure Rock Star Shark Card sales department appreciates you.
Staying inside a trash truck while you see a Hydra headed your way is not smart, but you could get out and shoot some explosive sniper rounds. Make sense?

Also, I'm sure shark card department has seen a lot of customers because of me ;)

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

I think, previous GTA games define my playstyle.

I've spent hours trying to do a wallride on a motorcycle in Vice City. So, I'm pretty much doing the same in Online. GTA:O has physics (a stunt-friendly physics). I rarely do a passive cruise, I would rather take a vehicle and push it to the limit, try to use it in a way it shouldn't be used :D This is a very important aspect to me, and I think this is one of the reasons I'm still playing this game instead of some Destiny or Division.

I spent hours flying a Hydra in San Andreas, so I'm doing the same in Online. The first month after I've bought this Jet... man... I could just live inside the cockpit.

• MisFit-138 likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

I took the weekend training course at Higgin's Helitours! I'm a professional pilot now!

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted A week ago

Since the early days of GTA3, when I really got into the franchise, I've had one objective and play style:

MAYHEM.

Happy to say, I'm still living the dream, bb.

0_0.jpg

• zombieRAGE, MisFit-138 and AredTarg like this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:529__K/D:16.86 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago Edited by HARBUJAHN, A week ago.

256 known days in badsport i got caught in the timer glitch so its more

I think that sums up my style lol but if we're on the same side,crew then im no threat 

• fw3 and alkaline_ like this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted A week ago

I am a peaceful guy IRL so obviously i'm gonna be peaceful in the game.

I also enjoy driving around in lowriders because i'm a hip hop fan and well... it's LS the west coast

• ALifeOfMisery likes this

AredTarg
  • AredTarg

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by AredTarg, A week ago.

256 days in badsport i think that sums up my style lol

How is it there? I heard it is a war zone every second and only the toughest of the toughest survive? I know you've been in the game for a long time Harbujahn
  • HARBUJAHN likes this

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

A Mercenary lost in Los Santos

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

interesting topic, my gaming style, being new to gaming and gta being my only game, I'm open to learning, ill help anybody, I'm not into griefing others and believe in letting others get on with their thing, If people want a game to terrorise other people they should go play cod,

I enjoy driving round and doing a few easy missions, I'm absolutely rubbish at flying and parachuting, I cant jump out of a plane and not die.

• ALifeOfMisery likes this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted A week ago

I always play in invite only sessions because I like old school singleplayer gameplay,and it's the closest I can do to play GTA Online as a singleplayer game.I prefer that over GTA 5 singleplayer because all the DLC content since 2015 is only available in Online.

I also mostly ride motorcycles (especially choppers, bobbers, cruisers and touring bikes) in GTA because I love motorcycles and have a motorcycle in real life.

• AndyC-M, MisFit-138 and ALifeOfMisery like this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

How is it there? I heard it is a war zone every second and only the toughest of the toughest survive? I know you've been in the game for a long time Harbujahn

If you want hardcore pvp then you will love it but you won't get much work done its an endless dirty tactic deathmatch 

Horrible place but bloody good fun :)

• zombieRAGE, Neuling2000, fw3 and 1 other like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I'm digging this thread, AredTarg - thanks. Just tagged it/you in an older thread of mine, for relevance.

Dude, What's Wrong with You? [Self-Improvement Thread]

Cheers! ;)

• HARBUJAHN likes this

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A week ago

...flying my Rouge

Karuma.
Hist and yatch.
Zentoro
Hanger.

Sentinal.

How do these people beat the hacking mini game that requires you to spell out Sentinel?

• Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

If you want hardcore pvp then you will love it but you won't get much work done its an endless dirty tactic deathmatch 

I'm there now, as well. That's the perfect description for it. All I will add is that if you ever want to know how badly you really are at GTAO, then go to Bad Sport. 

It's a virtual, old-style schooling.

• HARBUJAHN and AredTarg like this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

I'm there now, as well. That's the perfect description for it. All I will add is that if you ever want to know how badly you really are at GTAO, then go to Bad Sport. 

It's a virtual, old-style schooling.

Ive been in on current gen only for two days a few months ago (timers reset on transfer) and that was a wake up lol

I bet with all the new stuff recently you are kept firmly on your toes :)

• AredTarg likes this

AredTarg
  • AredTarg

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I'm digging this thread, AredTarg - thanks. Just tagged it/you in an older thread of mine, for relevance.

Dude, What's Wrong with You? [Self-Improvement Thread]

Cheers! ;)

Thank u! And I love your threads aswell. You are very creative ;)
  • fw3 likes this

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted A week ago

Also, I'm sure shark card department has seen a lot of customers because of me ;)

Do you seriously believe that by jet griefing, you are somehow working in tandem with Rockstar to balance the entire GTA economy?

Wow, you are DELUDED or very very young.

I hope you find some way of making in-game money for yourself because Rockstar are giving away a big fat zero for your activities, while laughing all the way to the bank through the sale of shark cards. Thanks for all your help, kiddo. Yours, Rockstar ;) .

• alkaline_ and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

limapalon
  • limapalon

PS3 4 life!

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted A week ago

My playstyle is always chilled out and I never shoot first, I usually cruise around in sedans just to look like a normal NPC and a low ping and being off the radar always does the trick (Hell, I was driving my Asea off the radar one day and as soon as I stopped on a red light a player came and stole my car), but when someone kills me, it's like another person was playing, I get my out my regular Carbine, my Combat Pistol and my Marksman Rifle and I always try to get the most kills with those weapons, although most of the time I always face 100+ ranked players with RPG's, Miniguns and Combat MG's; sometimes I lose by a difference of 5 or 10 kills, other times I win by a nice difference of 2 o 6 kills, it's never predictable, usually when I lose I send an Eyefind Email (One of the most underused features) to the other person sending him/her congrats and that I had fun playing with him/her, I don't like any sort of griefing and I always try to do co-op missions (Contact missions, heists, etc.), but all this is because I'm naturally a solo player and I'm pretty social since I discovered online gaming.

AredTarg
  • AredTarg

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Do you seriously believe that by jet griefing, you are somehow working in tandem with Rockstar to balance the entire GTA economy?

Wow, you are DELUDED or very very young.

I hope you find some way of making in-game money for yourself because Rockstar are giving away a big fat zero for your activities, while laughing all the way to the bank through the sale of shark cards. Thanks for all your help, kiddo. Yours, Rockstar ;) .
Do I really? No lol, not the entire department. I have multiple ways on making money in-game. None of which I use anymore, it was a joke if you couldn't tell.

zombieRAGE
  • zombieRAGE

Rat

• Members

Posted A week ago

Enjoying this thread... you guys are giving me some good ideas for some gameplay I should start incorporating in my own style.. I recently came into some money so I have no need to use any businesses of my own for profit so for now I've just been helping a friend with his work but the sound of going over to badsport for a bit sounds fun.. i think I'm decent with pvp and I kno I'll get my ace handed to me in BS but I figured if I'm there for a while my combat skills will just improve further! Might have to give this a try.. last time I was in there was when I first got the hydra and couldn't control my urges to grief I fell in love with flying the thing but to many blown up PVs sent me there.. the place was a ghost town tho back then, so if bad sport has good size lobbies now then yeah i don't mind doing some more time there!!

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

My playstyle? Terrorist. Blowing everything up, including myself. ;)

• HARBUJAHN, DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin and Happy Hunter like this

Anasterian
  • Anasterian

Harbinger of Revenge

• Members

Posted A week ago

I stay away from everyone as best as I can, only cooperating if I have to (2-4 player requirement missions, heists, sales I can't do solo). Because before I got this game, I'd read a bunch about how freeroam is a perpetual deathmatch and everyone IS out to kill you, all the time, all of the time, every time. And on top of that, I first played GTAO on a laptop that could barely pull 20 fps with GTA San Andreas graphics so I was severely disadvantaged in PvP scenarios. And that's all on top of my non-existent PvP skills.

Other than that I collect cars, and buy them pretty much to have more variety in my car choices for when I complete Pacific Standard for the 100000th time. I like my rides to the PS Bank varied and classy.

Mogg
  • Mogg

Kupo!

• Members
  • Norway
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted A week ago

from the olden days of multiplayer i found out i was no good in pvp, be it quake 2 or age of empires or any of their likes from the late 90s. i did however find my niche in diablo 2 - pve multiplayer. it has since been my preferred playstyle, and it is still that way today, in gta online.

i do my thing, don't disturb others. i some times get killed, but think little of it, and try to make my way away from the aggressor. it's basically the way i like to play. unfortunately the dish for pve multiplayer in gta online is becoming increasingly stale/old/abandoned (contact missions/heists/survivals), but i do acknowledge that racing is still some kind of a focus. i'm just sad to see the land races are only performed in groups of people who are committed to them. i'm not -that- committed to racing alone.

in short i like playing with players, not against players.

this is the reason i had a shamefully high playtime during vanilla world of wow, and it's getting there with this game as well

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

I shoot first and attack all comers. To assert my dominance on the area I am in.

Knowing you, you're one of those alll-black gear tryhards who literally can't live without their Oppressors and APCs.

You can't be dominant if your playstyle heavily depends on expensive toys, bud.
  • The-Irish-Hunter and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

my female character's playstyle back story is short and sweet.

she always fires back at attackers and sometimes get's road rage if she's cut off or hit by npc drivers. :devil:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users