Backstory on your playstyle?

85 replies to this topic
AredTarg
  • AredTarg

Conquerer and Ruler of all Los santos,Venturas and Ferrio

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

People on these forums have different personalities, some like flying, some like cruising, some love grinding, some hate griefers, and some go by "don't shoot until fired upon".

But the real question is, why do you play like that? What made your playstyle? What is the backstory on your playstyle? Did a particular event change your ways? Or are you too stuck in your ways to change?

For me, I'm a griefer with a bit of justice in the mix. I've always played this way in games. Some days I'll destroy players shipment, and other days I'll guard them. If I see a low level player being overwhelmed, I'll fly over in my hydra and help him. Previous years ago, I had a shoot on site rule. Any player and every player was shot at. But as with time, ways change.

Daedalheidis
  • Daedalheidis

The Owner Of "S"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I'm a cruiser due to my love of cars, and a heister and contact mission player due to the fact that I become a terrible person when I play PVP games.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

CHECK YO SELF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I shoot first and attack all comers. To assert my dominance on the area I am in.
  • Bongsquirrel likes this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I changed my ways. They also vary depending on how I feel like playing.

Originally, for the first three and a half years, I was a "don't fire unless fired upon" player. Now, because I feel I am alone with that play style, I don't hesitate to kill.

Sometimes I'll be friendly and helpful, as I was before but due to the number of deaths by those players I helped out for nothing, I don't often do this.

More often I will destroy stock, mainly because others don't hesitate to do so either but also because, based on the amount of whining here, it seems it's the thing to do. Everyone does it, so let's make it a fact that every public session is toxic (despite the fact it isn't).

If it's a small session and people are being friendly I'll leave them alone most of the time. However sometimes I will be that asshole who attacks. Why not? It's GTA not carebears. Others attack me.

I'll always attack when people do MC/VIP work. It's available in invite only, if you want to play safely do it there. In public you are inviting me to f*ck sh*t up.

Sometimes I'll provoke an entire session then attempt a sale. The thrill of the chase and all that. If I fail, so be it. If I succeed, I feel I earned that $100k payout for my weed.

Every day is different now. Before it was always friendly, always letting people shoot first, often dying and then having to chase down the attacker for them to leave despite starting what they couldn't handle.

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted A week ago Edited by Jenkiiii, A week ago.

Even though I have a short fuse, I'm a moderate player and will never target someone's cargo. In-game revenue has become more and more centered on freemode, and Rockstar have done this to make this revenue subject to griefer attacks. Knowing this, I feel like an absolute knob attacking someone's in-game cargo (not VIP jobs). You can't expect other players to spend literally thousands of dollars on shark cards because people instinctively behave like turds. So I've learned to reign it in unless I feel attacked, provoked or want to exact revenge.

I'm even starting to accept random CEO or MC invites, and don't mind running cargo here and there, but my fuse blows when a CEO instantly runs back to his laptop to do another cargo run before everyone leaves, and then another and another, Urghhh! Players are not scrubs or labourers, and CEOs need to learn to mix it up, add in a few VIP jobs, do a few challenges, and make it worthwhile and fun for everyone.

Cheers, folks.

• Alvarez, Milesinho, Rafae and 6 others like this

J-Scott-D
  • J-Scott-D

J-Scott-D and Lezly-D on PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

My play style is probably considered pretty weird for GTAO.

I don't like killing other players and I don't like being killed. I guess that makes me a GTA pacifist.

I enjoy running Buzzard-related VIP work in invite only sessions in order to make money to purchase vehicles, which is the fun part of GTAO for me. That, and making some cool military style outfits from the recent Smuggler's Run update.

I have friends that share my play style. When they're not on, I like going in public lobbies in passive mode and just "people watch."

I enjoy helping others, so spawning custom NPC vehicles like the Dubsta2 and giving them to lower rank players and explaining the money making potential is a common past time.
  • alkaline_, ryannata and J1M like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Well i used to play DayZ Mod and there was a single rule - shoot at sight. DayZ Standalone kinda changed the gameplay with new gestures 'n stuff, so there was a reason to try to communicate with a person you meet (well atleast it was back in 2014). Guess this is one of the reasons for my "don't shoot until fired upon" style.

Second one is balance. Why should i do PvP if it's bad. Plaing against explosive rounds users, BST/off radar/FP abusers is not fun and not challenging. It's just stupid. If the game was more balanced, then i guess i'd PvP more.

I also don't blow up players' supplies. People saying "This is GTA, it's all about rivals now". Well, Rockstar kinda made it that way, but there's also an option not to blow stuff. Why not maintain that little piece of humanity left in Online?

Anyway, i hope i get my point right.

• Jenkiiii likes this

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

May I ask the OP what pleasure you get from trashing people's hard work in such a way that they have no way to effectively defend themselves (I'm assuming that you destroy shipments in a Hydra as you mention using it later in your post).You're not challenging yourself as it's a duckshoot, and you're not earning anything in terms of in-game rewards, so what's the satisfaction?

• alkaline_, SyrusTheVirus, JAKEBAB and 4 others like this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago Edited by Matrelith, A week ago.

I'm a pacifist. I don't go after other players and I rarely retaliate after being killed. I just don't see the point of it. You mildly inconvenience someone for like one minute, you gain nothing, you ''win'' nothing. To me GTA is so much more than just brainlessly killing each other over and over again, so I refrain from it as much as possible. 

Other than that I love cruising around in my cars, flying my planes, trying out different outfits, taking some snaps with the editor and just have a good time. 

• R3CON, J-Scott-D and Sanches like this

shmok2
  • shmok2

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

From the beginning I'm focused on making money and saving money which is similar to how I am in real life. I guess that seeing my bank account grows gives me the same pleasure that someone else gets from seeing his K/D grows. 

PaeganLoveSong
  • PaeganLoveSong

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I like to make enough money to get toys I like and have fun with friends. Sometimes that means free roam PVP, sometimes it means Heists/missions, but usually it means helping them with the grind so they can get the toys they want.

I went from a lone wolf merc in the game, accepting CEO/MC invites as they came, to only enjoying it when I'm with my crew. Most of us are friends IRL (or friends of friends), we'll play other games together besides GTA, and it's a great way to fxck around when we all have free time.
  • MisFit-138 likes this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I just dick around in freemode, griefing, sabotaging and having fun. A shark card sees me through if there is something I need.

My entire GTAO life is on tick.
  • Bongsquirrel likes this

Lucius M. Galloway
  • Lucius M. Galloway

Blood God

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Lucius M. Galloway, A week ago.

Once upon a time I was a car guy, and a grinder. I grinded the hell out of GTA, everyday, almost every hour, just to get every car from most expensive to lowest and still be fascinatingly swift. That was 2015. I surpassed those who were higher than me in a matter of months, while they took a year, and so I accumulated the most expensive of everything.

2016, I sold back every car I worked for, got the most expensive apartment at eclipse towers, and replaced all my player saved outfits. I completely went from grind God to a fashionist. Not all the clothes in GTA match/look good together, but it's my current goal to make something out of everything. I was extremely against the public session locked stuff that rockstar implemented while I was gone. When I discovered the solo method, I jumped at the opportunity.

It's now 2017. I spend more money than I make, on clothes, haircuts, and wasting ammo with incompetent randoms. They patched the solo public session, and along with it, both of my businesses, MC, CEO, currently collect dust. The Gunrunning paywall, completely turned me off to any upcoming rockstar content, and the constant calls and emails and adversary mode invites turned me into a constantly rejecting lone wolf. My playstyle now is making money and looking good, can't be bothered to make war in free roam, or do any of that public sh*t. Now it's just me, myself, and my yacht.
  • R3CON and AredTarg like this

AredTarg
  • AredTarg

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by AredTarg, A week ago.

May I ask the OP what pleasure you get from trashing people's hard work in such a way that they have no way to effectively defend themselves (I'm assuming that you destroy shipments in a Hydra as you mention using it later in your post).You're not challenging yourself as it's a duckshoot, and you're not earning anything in terms of in-game rewards, so what's the satisfaction?

They can defend themselves, they understand the risks of selling. The satisfaction is seeing "you destroyed cargo". Feels decent knowing the economy of GTA:O is staying in tact (a bit)

Then I think sometimes, would this person attack me? Usually the answer is yes.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Walking In The Dark Path AGAIN!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted A week ago

eventho im semi-retired at this moment, til june i was a fulltime freeroam warrior/griefer, but that wasnt always the case, in all this years i when through all the phases, from being kinda passive at first, to grinding, freeroam warrior, duper, then moved to jet griefin all part of the natural progression.
  • R3CON likes this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

God is real, and he is an Attack Helicopter.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I am a solo player. And when I say that, I mean it. My MTU has been 700 for the past 6 months.

I only change it to play with friends.

• alkaline_, ALifeOfMisery and ryannata like this

TankGirl
  • TankGirl

Follow me get a proxy for free

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

When  I first started I never shot at anyone but 99.9 percent of the time I would get killed so now I have adopted a come near me and get shot play style. If someone is under level 100 I typically will not kill them more than once unless they really pissed me off and I feel its time for school and lessons must be taught. 

I love planes, I just love to fly and I love driving military vehicles but its funny because I never kill anyone with them which is what they are meant for. I also enjoy riding my bike around and hanging out by the pier. My number one way of killing is close up and with the combat MG. I pretty much get all my kills this way. I like helping low levels or people who need money get money. I pretty much am always playing with friends, anywhere from 5-15 at a time. 

• R3CON likes this

_47_
  • _47_

Fighter Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by _47_, A week ago.

My playstyle is mainly soloist and playing missions or just having fun flying around or just doing my own thing. I only start becoming a genocidal maniac out for blood and guts when I get messed with by some tryhard nobody because I have a high K/D ratio.

My backstory from all this? I used to get killed a lot and hated it. A Lot.

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

I only attack players in relatation against them destroying cargo and only when defending our crew lobbies. And when I say "attack" I say "kill you over and over until you leave/get kicked".

I always try to ask randoms to leave politely by the way, most of them do it. Some of them ask us how to join our crew. Everybody wins.

Most of the time, I'm pretty chill, just grinding in peace, listening some music and helping the fellow man.

I never go to destroy cargo, supplies and sales because I'm not a dick.

I also like to race and while I play agressively, I never ram someone on purpose. I like to feel that my win was fair.

Lately I haven't played GTAO though, maybe tomorrow if the Rapid GT Classic gets released...
  • ALifeOfMisery likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted A week ago

My playstyle is influenced by how I simply prefer to play games for leisure. Not challenge, not as a time waster and certainly not to rank at anything. These days I don't really have anything to buy even though I have money sitting around and I just hop in a car and drive. I typically drive Grotti these days. I think that doesn't need any excess explaining. And when I cruise around it's just me driving around almost like an NPC following most traffic rules.

Doesn't get any chiller than that. I'm always in passive mode and kind of always out to sight see or enjoy my car. A lot of times I don't even have the music on. The reggae station is nice sometimes. I'd like more chill style stations like that.

But no, I don't like griefing or any of that crap. Maybe if there was an MP mode like GTA IV I'd act out. In TBoGT I usually f*ck around and chase/get chased because there are no rules or payments or properties, it was just care free. Now it's obligation after obligation, sh*t makes me wanna settle down and pretend to be some wealthy ass Cali resident with no problems.
  • MitchMaljers and ryannata like this

Xadie
  • Xadie

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

From day 1 I was killing players so I learned about the tryhard ways overtime and adapted them to my playstyle for when I run into them.

I used to be a 3rd person player and discovered some players strafing left and right fast, found out about 1st person and now use that to my advantage in certain scenarios.

Fought players 1 shotting me all the time when I was high rank and found out about bst.

Fought players that would fire rockets like machine guns due to keybinding or macros that weapon swap to ignore the reload animation.

Then found the ewo hero's killing themself instantly after firing a rocket or take damage, made my own macros to level the playing field.

So now I'm one of those macro tryhards but I won't abuse BST or EWO mid fight.

I fight opponents fair at first until they start using BST or any other cheap tactics to get a kill.

If they keep ewo'ing I'll start using BST to 1 shot, if we're both using BST and they're EWO'ing mid fight I use a jet or heli to get kills. If they ghost all the time I ghost as well and use thermal to spot any odd movement and usually find them. Before thermal I would put a sticky on a civilian car and drive casual until I found them.

Now the trend is passive toggle kills against super tryhards, they'll ghost. Then go passive when ghost ends or join another ceo to activate ghost again. Usually they go passive and try eject killing you or cancel passive to blow you up in a car.

These type of players I don't waste my time with usually but it can be fun sometimes, getting a kill on these ewo looping passive toggling off radar tryhard pansies is a good feeling and they usually leave instantly or flame which is both very funny to me.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by Pedinhuh, A week ago.

Currently I have been playing on a "only attack in self defense" mode, and now I mostly chill in free mode, be it by driving around the block, flying my Rouge, or maybe doing any CEO work.
Though if I player attacks me without any provocation, and keeps coming back for more, I have no qualms about dropping everything I'm messing with, don my "tryhard" outfit, go in FPV and get to work with the bastard.

I own pretty much everything I'd like to own for now and I'm sitting on 4.7 millions, I see no need to grind more.

I would say my reason for this playstyle is mostly because I'm just a very chilled and laidback person in real life.

Also PvP in this game is unbalanced as f*ck and the player that throws the most amount of money at the other player's face just so he could get a quick advantage, usually gets the win.
  • Neuling2000 likes this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

...flying my Rouge

Slightly off topic, but one of my favourite things about online gaming is the constant misspelling of the words 'angel' and 'rogue'. Gamers with nicknames like 'rouge_warrior787' and 'angle_of_death44' suddenly don't sound quite so tough ha ha
  • MisFit-138 and dieseltech20 like this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

...flying my Rouge

Slightly off topic, but one of my favourite things about online gaming is the constant misspelling of the words 'angel' and 'rogue'. Gamers with nicknames like 'rouge_warrior787' and 'angle_of_death44' suddenly don't sound quite so tough ha ha

Karuma.
  • Big Molio and ryannata like this

Computrix
  • Computrix

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I drive around in Freemode in various vehicles in passive because I don't like all the PVP crap, or the modders blowing you up from across the map. Back in GTA 4 that's still what I did with the exception of having to actually defend against people dm'ing, though in the original days of GTA 4 it was peaceful when blip-free lobbies existed. I wish 5 had that option because cruising around on the map with everyone invisible to each other would be a much more chill experience.

• ryannata likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

CHECK YO SELF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

...flying my Rouge

Karuma.

Hist and yatch.
  • ryannata likes this

AredTarg
  • AredTarg

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

...flying my Rouge

Karuma.
Hist and yatch.
Zentoro

ALifeOfMisery
  • ALifeOfMisery

I see dead people...real ones....often.

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

IRL I like cruiser bikes, muscle cars and old sports cars. This is reflected in game where my enjoyment comes from collecting and modding all three.

This leads me to be very pragmatic about my gaming, I grind solo, MTU 650, or play in friendly crew lobbies.

The businesses and gameplay are a means to an end for me, I don't play for a challenge or to interact.

My enjoyment comes when I can just sit down, chill out, get a new Zombie or Sabre Turbo Custom, take my time customizing a different spec, cruise around the map for a couple of hours and escape.
  • GTA-Biker, alkaline_, R3CON and 2 others like this

dieseltech20
  • dieseltech20

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I shoot first and attack all comers. To assert my dominance on the area I am in.

Are you from the U.K.? Do you speak nonsensical gibberish over the mic while flying around in a Hydra? Attack players in said Hydra while constantly telling the lobby to "prepare to be dominated" and "you have been dominated"? "Dominate", "Domination", "Prepare".

If so I was in a lobby with you the other day and it was terrible. Have never met a more annoying player in my life. Wish I remembered their name.
  • ALifeOfMisery and Sanches like this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

...flying my Rouge

Karuma.
Hist and yatch.
Zentoro
Hanger.
  • alkaline_, Jenkiiii, Sanches and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users