A question about buying GTA 5 physical copy

3 replies to this topic
Ronno
  • Ronno

Self-proclaimed Badass

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

I bought GTA 5 on Steam on the week when it came out and I have a question if if ever I want to buy a physical copy of the game, will I be able to activate it on the account that I have connected to my Steam account or maybe change the activated game code on the account so I will be able to play the game without Steam? It has been a year already since I'm trying to figure a way how I can play the game without Steam and the Steam account I bought the game on wasn't my main but an old account and I've moved to an alternate account for a while now.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted A week ago

Simple, create new RSC (Rockstar Social Club) account into which you enter code from DVD box and no other way because each copy gets "married" to the account without any "divorce" option.

Ronno
  • Ronno

Self-proclaimed Badass

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

Simple, create new RSC (Rockstar Social Club) account into which you enter code from DVD box and no other way because each copy gets "married" to the account without any "divorce" option.

Will I be able to transfer everything from my current RGSC account? stats, etc.?

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted A week ago

*facepalm* it's all separated, you have to think through before buying next gen/PC version of game, once you made your decision you have everything done so far stuck to that account, SP savegames are most you can transfer (if you know how to find those on steam install)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users