Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does anyone actually like this game?

17 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA:A (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you enjoy GTA:A?

1. Yes, it's great! (25 votes [64.10%])

Percentage of vote: 64.10%

2. Hell nah, screw that. (14 votes [35.90%])

Percentage of vote: 35.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote
ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:11 AM

I mean, has anyone actually played this game through and actually enjoyed it? 

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

It was OK as a game itself but it can't compare to the other GTA titles.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Helegad
  • Helegad

Ass Technician

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:53 AM

Yes, three or four times now.

NightMARE
  • NightMARE

Officially N3Rd.

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:27 AM

It is good. I haven't played it throughout but hv wasted some hours on it. (And planning to waste some more). You can't get more on a gba. But, the fact is I didn't like DRIV3R on GBA (coz i know many people will say that "it could hv been more like DRIV3R")

TakeshiSantos
  • TakeshiSantos

Digimon Tamer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:00 PM

Yes, it's really great for what it is on GBA. Decent story, returning characters from GTA III (and Cisco!), a gameplay that works and a underrated game.

• TommyPayne123 likes this

Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:24 PM

List of GTA:A feature which doesn't appear in GTA1 and GTA2:

-Vehicle tilting
-Transparent view at tunnel
-Female pedestrian
-weapons holding sprite

But things which ruined eveything:
-bad framerate
-poor graphic (Gameboy limitations)

Sidaredd
  • Sidaredd

I can run GTA V on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and 1.5 Ghz CPU

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

Compared to other GTA games : Meh, trash.

Compared to other Gameboy Advance games : Masterpiece !

• -Anti-, Jeansowaty, Vice City criminal and 3 others like this

TommyPayne123
  • TommyPayne123

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:15 AM

Yeah, I actually completed it to 100%

Rempoda
  • Rempoda

I'm just a guy (☞゚∀゚)☞

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:59 PM

it is not a bad game but is not so good either, in comparission with other GTA games, it's in the penultimate position in my list of GTA games from best to worst. 

//XP//
  • //XP//

:/

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:37 PM

For GBA's limitations, it was a pretty ambitious game, but if you compare it to any other GTA game, you can really see why many people dislike it.

• Ivan1997GTA and TommyPayne123 like this

Rebel Yell
  • Rebel Yell

Lone Drifter

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

I would not say it is good, but it isn't bad either. However, considering its main platform GameBoy Advance, I think the game should be a honorable mention. I first played it a little bit on a younger cousin's GBA and I actually kind of grew up on it. A half-baked prequel to GTA III, I thought I should literally dig up the whole Internet for GTA Advance and play it. After a hard day's work, I could find a crappy yet still working Emulator which enabled me to play it on my PC. Having the nerves of steel, I was determined enough to sit through and finish this game. I'm not saying this because the game is sh*t or boring, because it's kinda exhausting try adapting to wacky controls. Anyway... with a little bit more emphasis, the game could be decent in tying itself up to GTA III but the story is not bad either, I'd actually say it's pretty good for what the game is. 

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:24 AM

No. I don't want to sound too harsh considering the game was made for a portable console. GTA 2 is miles better than this game, if I really want to play a top-down GTA. Advance felt like a poor man's GTA (top-down) experience.

• RaMMy likes this

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:05 AM

I'm sure it was a good game for its time, especially for the Game Boy Advance. Not a bad thing to have if you're wanting to pass the time somewhere

I've never played it myself, but I can say that it looks way better than GTA 1 and 2 on the Game Boy Color

They really did try to make exciting music for the GBC (starts at 1:05), but it sounds more like an old toy phone.

• Lock n' Stock, Ivan1997GTA and TommyPayne123 like this

RetroMystic
  • RetroMystic

Really makes you think

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:25 AM

I played it on an emulator and while it's certainly not the best game I've played, it's got some charm as well as being a pretty solid GBA title.

Lock n' Stock
  • Lock n' Stock

"I don't fit in anywhere!"

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:13 AM

I'm sure it was a good game for its time, especially for the Game Boy Advance. Not a bad thing to have if you're wanting to pass the time somewhere

I've never played it myself, but I can say that it looks way better than GTA 1 and 2 on the Game Boy Color

They really did try to make exciting music for the GBC (starts at 1:05), but it sounds more like an old toy phone.

Lmao, that version looks like absolute sh*t. I mean, I can admire the ambition of getting the entire map from the PC/PS versions onto a GBC cartridge, but still.

• Hmmm nice bike likes this

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:17 AM

I guess they thought it was worth capitalizing on the GTA brand and expanding it to mobile devices, but at the time it really did not work out well at all. GTA Advance was a massive improvement on GTA 1 and 2's Game Boy Color ports.

• Lock n' Stock, Helegad and NightMARE like this

NightMARE
  • NightMARE

Officially N3Rd.

• Members
  • India

Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:46 PM Edited by Night_MARE, 03 February 2018 - 06:02 PM.

Playing the GTA 1 & 2 ports on GBC felt like... you are in middle of a post apocalypse city. Due to the limitations of the device, peds and vehicles spawned very rarely.

GTA Advance, was a much, much better game. Of course it had to be, because it was on GBA...
For GBA, it was a masterpiece. It provided the best experience possible, and was what it was meant to be, it was what GTA is, a game which allows you to do whatever you want to do, however, and whenever you want to do it.

The city felt more alive, gameplay was great, and it was a pretty well-made game imo.

RetroMystic
  • RetroMystic

Really makes you think

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:53 AM

Playing the GTA 1 & 2 ports on GBC felt like... you are in middle of a post apocalypse city. Due to the limitations of the device, peds and vehicles spawned very rarely.

GTA Advance, was a much, much better game. Of course it had to be, because it was on GBA...
For GBA, it was a masterpiece. It provided the best experience possible, and was what it was meant to be, it was what GTA is, a game which allows you to do whatever you want to do, however, and whenever you want to do it.

The city felt more alive, gameplay was great, and it was a pretty well-made game imo.

I think you're giving it a little too much credit. It trumped the GBC ports of GTA 1 & 2 but the bar was set pretty low. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users