Quantcast

» «
Photo

Pushing Look L+R activates Sub-Mission (PC)

Best Answer spaceeinstein, 5 days ago

The script interprets the look-behind key on foot and the sub-mission key in car as the same key. The script wasn't written well enough to distinguish between the two when you are exiting your car. Go to the full post

3 replies to this topic
j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by j7n, A week ago.

If I am in a car and push and hold the Look Left and Look Right keys at the same time, the camera looks backwards. Of course, I do this often to see if I'm being followed by police or other enemies. Now, if I hold both keys and push Enter to exit the car (on purpose), then release the Look keys, the Sub-Mission key shall be "pushed" at the moment of release. In a police car this activates the Vigilante mission, and is super annoying if triggered by accident at high level of this mission.

The same happens in "San Andreas" too, so I don't think this is a bug of a specific version. I experience it more often in Vice City because I must use the look keys more in the absence of mouselook and usable Backspace (single key look reverse). As far as I can tell, it doesn't matter which keys are mapped to the actions. They could be keyboard keys or mouse buttons (I use MMB and RMB for this and Numpad * for sub-mission). There doesn't seem to be any obvious connection between these keys.

Why does it happen?

SLUMPUSSY
  • SLUMPUSSY

Boss

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted A week ago

faulty keyboard triggering accidental key presses?

j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

No, I can reproduce the command reliably without even touching the keyboard (by releasing mouse buttons). My guess is that some translation is happening inside the game which makes several key combos equivalent.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 5 days ago   Best Answer Edited by spaceeinstein, 5 days ago.

The script interprets the look-behind key on foot and the sub-mission key in car as the same key. The script wasn't written well enough to distinguish between the two when you are exiting your car.
  • j7n likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users