Was backup always this sh*t?

4 replies to this topic
ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

"Did you turn up to rescue Maria, or to get me back?"

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:36 PM

So I recently completed 50 gang wars in TLaD (No spoilers pls, I have'nt finished the game yet) notice how I said I completed them? Well that's because all my backup die within seconds! The non storyline bikers, well pff f*ckin forget them, they're totally useless, but even Terry, Clay and Jim are pretty useless, a bit better, but useless. Also Terry and Clay' stats are full, and have been full for ages, probably since about gang war 23. Anyone know why they're so sh*t? I've seen B Dawg's signature, Tough Backup Mod, which I now know why he created it.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:50 PM

Yeah, the Backup is always useless.  Terry, Clay, and Jim included.  Terry and Clay's "Toughness" Stat has been 100.00% in my Stats as well around the 20th Gang War or so, but they do die quickly during Gang Wars.  The thing is, how many Headshots do you have in your Stats?  That's the key with the HD Era unlike the 3D Era.  In the 3D Era, Body Shots kill all the enemies quickly and can switch Targets and just annihilate everyone standing out in the open, as well.  But in the HD Era, if you stand out in the open, you lose a lot of Health/Armor and not only that, but specifically in Gang Wars the higher you go, there is SO much Backup arriving for the other Gangs you're battling with that if you don't kill them quickly, all your Backup will die and even yourself included.  Headshots are the only way to kill the Gangs fast and the faster you kill them, the more likely your Backup will survive.  It's the only way...

I have about 950 Headshots in my Save I just finished in TLaD upon 100% Completion.  "Armed Kills" is just shy of 1,000, yet 950 Headshots?  That means most of the Game, during Story Missions and Gang Wars, I was killing via Headshot Only.  It also conserves your Ammo, too, thus no need to buy any and can just use Pickups and "Get Lost" to get all Ammo for free from the "Gun Van" (Slamvan).  It's not really a "spoiler," but at the beginning of Get Lost, you get FREE Weapons/Ammo/Body Armor from the Gun Van, so by 100% you can max all 9 Weapon Slots with the best Weapons, too.  Like the 3D Era, the HD Era is no different when I like to keep the "Weapons Bought" Stat at $0.00.  I just use the Body Armor and Weapon Pickup spawns around the Map, which also helps me to learn more and remember more, too...

But yeah, Backup is useless.  I hate the Gang Wars where the Enemy Gang is throwing Grenades.  Sometimes I am just standing there and all of a sudden, BOOM!  Wasted!  Out of nowhere...

• SpriteFan274 likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:19 PM Edited by B Dawg, 10 September 2017 - 02:20 PM.

Yeah, it never felt right having the player be the only dangerous tank taking everything out solo. It is possible to keep them alive after so many gang wars, but it takes careful planning (setting up ambushes and using explosives, oh man it feels so good doing a perfectly timed grenade launcher shot destroying almost the entire convoy, as well as keeping every single gang member alive), as well as fast reaction speed (quickly shooting the arriving backup). The real problem with them is that they have standard NPC behaviour (use of blindfire shooting from cover, which is a god awful waste of time and firepower, especially for Clay), as well as not that great accuracy the stats would make you believe. I wish I knew how to force them to never use cover or do blindfire, because they are most effective out in the open away from any cover.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:42 PM Edited by CGFforLife, 10 September 2017 - 02:43 PM.

Backups are pretty useful from 1-10, after that it went useless and more useless.

I mean, the backup simply doesn't buffed as much as enemy does, which mean that the backups simply no match for the enemy as gang war progress. Because of this, every time I left alone when there still many enemies, I quickly enable wanted cheat to 3 star, to divine the enemy attention, and tbh, it's much easier (and more badass)

Thanks to B Dawg, backup finally had it's usefulness

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

"Did you turn up to rescue Maria, or to get me back?"

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:51 PM

Yeah, it never felt right having the player be the only dangerous tank taking everything out solo. It is possible to keep them alive after so many gang wars, but it takes careful planning (setting up ambushes and using explosives, oh man it feels so good doing a perfectly timed grenade launcher shot destroying almost the entire convoy, as well as keeping every single gang member alive), as well as fast reaction speed (quickly shooting the arriving backup). The real problem with them is that they have standard NPC behaviour (use of blindfire shooting from cover, which is a god awful waste of time and firepower, especially for Clay), as well as not that great accuracy the stats would make you believe. I wish I knew how to force them to never use cover or do blindfire, because they are most effective out in the open away from any cover.

Now I know why you created that mod.
Thanks guys for clearing that up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users