16 replies to this topic
Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted A week ago

This topic is dedicated to DC's animated movies, and their shows in general. Since DC is known for translating spectacularly well into animation, yet there was no discussion about it here apart from one movie-specific topic, I decided to make one.

Note: This is for their ANIMATION, so live-action stuff like the DCEU or Arrowverse goes into different topics.

So, I'll get this topic started:

Who else here is looking forward to next year's animated Suicide Squad movie, named Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay? Unlike Assault on Arkham (which was an awesome movie), it's set in the animated movie-verse along with the Justice League and Teen Titans. We don't know anything else at the moment, but I'm guessing it'll borrow heavily from the modern Suicide Squad comics. What would you like to see out of the movie?

• Femme Fatale, The Deadite and Ivan1997GTA like this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Happy 25th Anniversary Batsy TAS!

batman-the-animated-series-slice-600x200

Who else here is looking forward to next year's animated Suicide Squad movie, named Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay? Unlike Assault on Arkham (which was an awesome movie), it's set in the animated movie-verse along with the Justice League and Teen Titans. We don't know anything else at the moment, but I'm guessing it'll borrow heavily from the modern Suicide Squad comics. What would you like to see out of the movie?

Didn't know they were making that. Most of that universe's' films so far have been pretty eh. Too much op Damien and Darkseid was treated like just a massive brute. 

• The Deadite, Ivan1997GTA and Emo_Amz like this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

It's not always perfect, but I enjoy them. The new Teen Titans movie for example was primo, in my opinion. I'm glad the execs are finally letting them make movies that aren't Batman or Justice League, letting them branch out with other properties like Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, and (if you can believe it) Superman, the latter of which is getting two movies after a five year hiatus. I wish they would make another Wonder Woman movie, after the success of the live-action movie, and I wouldn't mind focusing on characters like Green Arrow, either. Considering they're making a Batgirl DCEU movie, why not make an animated movie off of her? Just one example.

I love Batman as much as the next guy, but even I'm starting to think the overexposure is too much. At least Marvel doesn't have "that guy" like DC does.

UshaB
  • UshaB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

I'm glad the execs are finally letting them make movies that aren't Batman or Justice League, letting them branch out with other properties like Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, and (if you can believe it) Superman, the latter of which is getting two movies after a five year hiatus.

I'm looking forward to, "Hell Pay." Even though I don't like the new 52 animated universe that much so far, I like that it's expanding. I like the idea of a World where there are more than just one major character in it. 

I wouldn't mind seeing the Superman films. I reckon they may execute them well and not make it feel mediocre and watered down.

I wish they would make another Wonder Woman movie, after the success of the live-action movie, and I wouldn't mind focusing on characters like Green Arrow, either. Considering they're making a Batgirl DCEU movie, why not make an animated movie off of her? Just one example.

I wouldn't mind a WW film expanding upon the new 52 universe. Despite her being quite relatively unaware in that universe, I'd like to see her progress. Green Arrow would be fairly cool. I'm not sure about Batgirl, maybe. Nevertheless a good story is a good story.

I love Batman as much as the next guy, but even I'm starting to think the overexposure is too much. At least Marvel doesn't have "that guy" like DC does.

Well you're in luck because this is coming out!.......

Oh wait, that's not what you meant hey.

• Emo_Amz likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

I actually kinda liked Suicide Squad, so it's nice to know that they're making an animated movie. :) Thanks for the info, HD!😘

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I'm glad the execs are finally letting them make movies that aren't Batman or Justice League, letting them branch out with other properties like Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, and (if you can believe it) Superman, the latter of which is getting two movies after a five year hiatus.

I'm looking forward to, "Hell Pay." Even though I don't like the new 52 animated universe that much so far, I like that it's expanding. I like the idea of a World where there are more than just one major character in it. 

I wouldn't mind seeing the Superman films. I reckon they may execute them well and not make it feel mediocre and watered down.

I wish they would make another Wonder Woman movie, after the success of the live-action movie, and I wouldn't mind focusing on characters like Green Arrow, either. Considering they're making a Batgirl DCEU movie, why not make an animated movie off of her? Just one example.

I wouldn't mind a WW film expanding upon the new 52 universe. Despite her being quite relatively unaware in that universe, I'd like to see her progress. Green Arrow would be fairly cool. I'm not sure about Batgirl, maybe. Nevertheless a good story is a good story.

Well you're in luck because this is coming out!.......

Oh wait, that's not what you meant hey.

I knew of that movie, I'm just saying I'm glad they're letting them make movies besides Batman and Justice League, because that's all the execs were letting them make.

• UshaB likes this

UshaB
  • UshaB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

I knew of that movie, I'm just saying I'm glad they're letting them make movies besides Batman and Justice League, because that's all the execs were letting them make.

I know man, I'm just messing wit ya. 

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Definitely looking forward to this. My biggest question is, with Young Justice now being on a private streaming service rather than Cartoon Network, do you guys think that means they'll have more explicitly mature themes they couldn't have before? For example, I would like to see Red Hood show up at some point, but he would never ever pass under old CN restrictions.

As we all know, comic books aren't really kids stuff anymore, so I would like the direct adaptation to sort of "grow" with its audience if you know what I mean.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

I was thinking about that DC Steaming Service coming in early 2018, that's going to deliver Young Justice: Outsiders (as well as Titans). With a means to deliver their content directly to viewers, instead of just having to depend on networks or Blu-ray/DVD, does this mean they'll be able to experiment more with their franchises?

As you can tell, one of my gripes with the animated movies was that everything had to be either Batman or Justice League, likely because the execs got cold feet over anything else. But with this service, there might be more room to star lesser-knowns, much like how Marvel did with The Defenders on Netflix. While we can expect live-action stuff, DC thrives off animation, so we'll see that too.

I for one would love to see (granted, some of them could also be referring to live-action, but you get the point):

https://fansided.com...-service-needs/

10. Justice Society of America

9. Jonah Hex

8. Red Hood

7. DC Showcase

6. Lobo

5. Constantine

4. Batgirl and the Birds of Prey

3. Booster Gold and Blue Beetle

2. The Question

1. Batman Beyond

Any ideas you have?

UshaB
  • UshaB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 hours ago

This was relatively bad.

• The Deadite likes this

Emo_Amz
  • Emo_Amz

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 hours ago

This was relatively bad.

Spoiler

Shame, I looked forward to it.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 hours ago

Wasn't the best, but I got some good laughs. It was kind of funny how raunchy it was, since it has the same art style as the original animated series.

Emo_Amz
  • Emo_Amz

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 hours ago

Wasn't the best, but I got some good laughs. It was kind of funny how raunchy it was, since it has the same art style as the original animated series.

Yeah wasn't that mildly weird?  Cause it basically looks almost the same 'dark deco' of TAS from the early 90's.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 hours ago

Yeah wasn't that mildly weird?  Cause it basically looks almost the same 'dark deco' of TAS from the early 90's.

It looks the same cause it takes place in that same universe

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 hours ago

Actually, they've said it's not part of the DCAU. Mainly because it's far too dirty and vulgar compared to the DCAU that they don't want parents showing it to their kids, under the mistaken impression that it is.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 hours ago

Actually, they've said it's not part of the DCAU. Mainly because it's far too dirty and vulgar compared to the DCAU that they don't want parents showing it to their kids, under the mistaken impression that it is.

Bruce Timm himself stated that he wrote it with the intention of it being set in the DCAU and considers it to be a part of it. I'll admit though, he also admits that he's not in technically in charge of what's "officially" canon, but that was his intent with it (and that's why the art style is similar to that of the dcau)

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 3 hours ago

This was relatively bad.
-niptuck-

I actually liked it. I'm a huge fan of Harley Quinn, and I love vulgar humor. :3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users