Photo

Are rockstar waiting for next gen?

16 replies to this topic
Jammsbro
  • Jammsbro

Pogo 4 life

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted A week ago Edited by Jammsbro, A week ago.

Starting to get the feeling that rockstar are waiting for next gen before even starting on VI.

It seems that they make a game and then that cycle ends after a year or two and they have to upgrade. So might they be waiting for PS5 and XB2 before starting on VI?

It would make sense if they consoles are coming out in the next year or two. It's been four years and not a single sentence about VI so maybe this time we aren't looking at the usual five years cycle. Maybe this time we won't see anything until 2023.

Pink Pineapple
  • Pink Pineapple

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I think they'd want to do the same thing they did with V and release it on both current and next gens.

• GTA564, VictorVince1239 and Trooper Fera like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

2013?

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by DOUGL4S1, A week ago.

Maybe. The last-gen held GTA V back too much, specially in map size and details, since they were trying to squeeze as many polygons out of old consoles as possible. With current-gen, they went to a more detailed map and things like first-person, weapon and car details, etc, as changing the map would probably affect the game's main story. So they could do something like they did with GTA IV and base the game on the power of next-gen consoles to make the experience more enjoyable and unique.

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I think they'd want to do the same thing they did with V and release it on both current and next gens.

More than likely. All those shark card sells they could get from multiple consoles rather than 2 currents.

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

2013?

Maybe he means 2023?
OT: How about they release it for PC first and port it to consoles?(is that even possible?)

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Cowboys and Sailors

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

A PC-first release would never happen. I think we all know Take-Two's position on the PC community...never mind the fact that PC players got GTA V last, nearly two full years after the original launch (though it was a fantastic port). We're just going to forget that they didn't announce PC as a platform for RDR2? "PC-first" doesn't exist to T2.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted A week ago

"PC" doesn't exist to T2.

FTFY :p It eventually does when they need more sales. At least Rockstar is no longer unapologetic of the platform given the original version of V was developed for PC alongside the LG versions.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

I'm pretty sure they're going to do the same thing again, make the XB1 and PS4 players beta testers, then re-release the "true version" on next-gen.

JB1982
  • JB1982

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Just because they haven't made any announcements doesn't mean they aren't already working on the next GTA. Was anyone expecting the LA Noire remaster announcement last week? That seems to have surprised a lot of people from what I have seen. And with a November release date I doubt that they have only just made that decision and then announced it. They will have been working on it in the background for some time.

There's also RDR2 to consider. That will be their priority at the moment and what they will want to generate the most publicity for. I would expect a GTA VI announcement sometime next year after RDR2 has released.

As for what generation console they release it on, I am a PC gamer so it doesn't really matter to me. That said, I felt we got screwed over a bit with the PS3/XB360 release followed by a PS4/XB1 remastered version a year later so I am hoping that they don't plan to release VI at the same time the next-gen consoles are just hitting the market otherwise I can see the same thing happening again.

Lethal-lock
  • Lethal-lock

Playa

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Probably so they can do the same as the did this time, release on old hardware, then a slightly better version on new hardware, then a loooooong pause and PC release lol  

GTAForumsUser1
  • GTAForumsUser1

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Are you kidding me OP?

R* made the genius move of double dipping with re-releases. The delay from Spring to September 2013 release was no accident.

Yes they improved the game during that delay, but imagine if the game had aged another 5/6 months by the time next gen rolled out... that means less next gen purchases.

AnimalFather
  • AnimalFather

Crackhead

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 4 days ago

they are waiting for the nex gen of CPUs, the jaguars are weak af. 

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 days ago

Why do they even release it first on consoles and don't tell us the release date of the PC version? We all know that there will always be a PC version. 

There are people who are willing to 'play' it on the consoles and there are people who want to enjoy it on the PC. Both sides will buy it sooner or later.

jdv95
  • jdv95

ground soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by jdv95, 4 days ago.

urgh can there be for ones a discussion where there isn't a form of "master race BS"...

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Luis and Niko will not be touched by Trevor.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago

They want us to triple dip like GTA V.

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago Edited by ViceOfLiberty, 2 days ago.

Can you guys believe that we got to play:

GTA III (2001)

GTA Vice City (2002)

GTA San Andreas (2004)

All within 4 years time. This is the time between V's release and now.

Within 8 years time we received:

GTA III (2001)

GTA Vice City (2002)

GTA San Andreas (2004)

GTA Liberty City Stories (2005)

GTA Vice City Stories (2006)

GTA IV (2008)

GTA IV - The Lost and Damned (2009)

GTA IV - The Ballad of Gay Tony (2009)

GTA Chinatown Wars (2009)

In the 8 years since that we have received:

GTA V

GTA: Online

Do you think that the graphical fidelity is justified when weighed against the lost time? Has gaming gone overboard with graphics? 
We have the tech to make games more efficiently, and generally better, in a shorter amount of time than ever before. Are we wasting this potential by dragging out development times for the sake of pixel resolution?
  • Mister Pink and Trooper Fera like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users