Landing after Smugglers

11 replies to this topic
Jammsbro
  • Jammsbro

Pogo 4 life

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted A week ago

There has always heeb a shortage of decent landing strips in SA. Roads were usually the best bet. But with constant traffic you usually ended up damaging the aircraft or having real problems getting going again

They seem to have though of this a little with some of the rocket craft and vtol but it's still a problem. Landing the glider is  a pain even on a flat runway. You need tons of space and no bumps at all.

My main point is that with the map and the constant amount of barriers everywhere I think this is a reason why there have always been so little air travel in the game. YYou rarely see people flying, even on such a large map. Simply because most heli's are reall slow and painful when climbing and there are only four actual airstrips in the map, one of which will get you a lazer high five for making the attempt.

I think simply things like the ability to deploy an aircraft parachute when landing so that the vehicle will come to a rapid stop would increase the usability of these aircraft.

After all, spending several million on a plane that you have almost nowhere to land is pretty severe.

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted A week ago

What makes it worse is that there are missions where you are instructed to pick up a crate (usually in rough terrain) using a fighter aircraft...they really didn't think this thing through, did they?

• jazzbone, Pedinhuh and Nossirag like this

egomaniac247
  • egomaniac247

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Actually they did.  They want you to ditch the fighter air craft, parachute down to the crate, and then get spawn killed by infinite bullet spamming buzzards :)

• Hazzardtohimself, jazzbone, gtafan26 and 7 others like this

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Actually they did.  They want you to ditch the fighter air craft, parachute down to the crate, and then get spawn killed by infinite bullet spamming buzzards :)

Which is why I always go back into my hangar and grab my Buzzard before starting any crate mission.

• bulldog385 and Nossirag like this

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

Which is why I always go back into my hangar and grab my Buzzard before starting any crate mission.

And doing that they bag another grand of you in the process if your in your PV plane

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by PNutterSammich, A week ago.

And doing that they bag another grand of you in the process if your in your PV plane

The way I look at it, I'm only doing the missions for the discounts they unlock which in the long run will save me millions, so a few thousand here or there doesn't really matter all that much.

Now, if it was $20,000 every time I crashed it would be a different story all together....

Jarlaxle
  • Jarlaxle

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

• Gridl0k and TheFroggmann like this

TheFroggmann
  • TheFroggmann

Taco Truck DLC Confirmed!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Landing was a bit sloppy but extra points for getting it in a parking space. 7/10

• Pedinhuh and Goingcrowd9 like this

HonorableMan
  • HonorableMan

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I do missions in my Molotok. Fast, powerful, and you can land that thing ANYWHERE, and even if you make a mess of it you've got armor so it doesn't just blow up.

• Goingcrowd9 likes this

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

A Mercenary lost in Los Santos

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

not enough runways? were on an island and have 4 runways, that's more than enough if you consider that the island itself still isn't big enough.

• GTP_Monkey likes this

RyuNova
  • RyuNova

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Thats why the Ultralight is so awesome, small and easy to land (With practice) and the wings are so high you can drive it down the street and they pass over cars.

• Gridl0k likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Egg schmegg

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted A week ago Edited by Gridl0k, A week ago.

They do give you an awfully long amount of time to pick it out of midair, to be fair.

Unfortunately the answer to "best aircraft for this mission?" continues to be the VTOL hydra.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users