Such an ending! (Deal)

23 replies to this topic
JimDixon
  • JimDixon

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:37 AM

Just finished gta and gotta say, what a ending! I picked deal and gonna do revenge at a second play through. How was the ending for you guys? I thought it was amazing and fitting. Is revenge better though?
  • Mr_Rager likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:42 AM

I personally prefer Revenge, but I guess you should complete it before people start discussing it and you accidentally get a spoiler.

• SanLiberty and MrBellicLC like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Coldest Winter

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:23 AM Edited by Mr_Rager, 09 September 2017 - 03:24 AM.

I like Deal. Kill Darko, realize the ultimate revenge doesn't make the pain go away, go out on a limb and try to repair the past instead of destroy it, get f*cked over again, become x5 more bitter because of it. Pegorino isn't a good enough bad guy for that ending confrontation.

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:28 AM

Many might desagree but Deal is the cannon ending imo.

• Mr_Rager, ARTHUR. and EtherTakeover like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:37 AM

I personally prefer Revenge, but I guess you should complete it before people start discussing it and you accidentally get a spoiler.

The game's been out for almost 10 years. If someone gets upset because you gave the ending away, that's their fault for not having played it within 10 years.

• AuSsIeThUnDeR36, Zello, Femme Fatale and 2 others like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Coldest Winter

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:14 AM

The game's been out for almost 10 years.
1504924719672.jpg
  • universetwisters and StormBreaker like this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

When I play I always let Darko live. Like Roman says it looks like he doesn't enjoy life much anyway, so by letting him live it increases his suffering. So for Darko he has to live with what he did, which would be agony.
Then I choose Revenge because by now Niko hates Dimitri with such an anger that his first thought would be to take him out after Roman, the suffering he went through, the phone call taunts, Niko would hunt Dimitri down for all that sh*t.
If I could change the ending it would be Bulgarin who met his demise at the hands of Niko since he pops up a couple of times to harass him.
To me it felt strange that Pegorino was the ultimate antagonist and it was weird that Dimitri would be having a friendship with Pegorino but this is the reason Pegorino ambushes Roman's wedding.

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:39 PM

The game's been out for almost 10 years. If someone gets upset because you gave the ending away, that's their fault for not having played it within 10 years.

I already got people upset at me for saying Big Smoke was a traitor, so...

• StormBreaker likes this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:42 PM

I already got people upset at me for saying Big Smoke was a traitor, so...
I can't believe that there's people that are only just discovering San Andreas now, in 2017. Must have been some boulder..
  • universetwisters likes this

Axl Rose
  • Axl Rose

Dick Laurent Is Dead

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:49 PM Edited by Axl Rose, 09 September 2017 - 05:51 PM.

Deal is allot better than Revenge but leaves the game feeling empty (which i guess is the point).

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:55 PM Edited by Zello, 09 September 2017 - 05:58 PM.

Deal is much better I always let Darko live because it changes Niko so then he does the deal with Dimitri who f*cks him over and Dimitri's death on Happiness Island in deal is much more satisfying than killing him on the platypus in Revenge.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

GTA V:A Huge improvement over snore (GTA IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:48 PM

Lol, Revenge is canon, there is no reason Niko work again for Dimitri
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36, theGTAking101, The Deadite and 1 other like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:55 PM

Nah deal is canon
  • Axl Rose likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:04 PM

I don't think it's canon, but Deal is a much better ending than Revenge.

JB1982
  • JB1982

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:00 PM

I tend to go for the Revenge ending from my own viewpoint. I have tried Deal and find it enjoyable but my instinct on the first play through was that Dimitri would never work with Niko and would double-cross him again based on everything that had happened between them so far in the game which meant that he wasn't to be trusted. So taking revenge on him and ending the conflict for good seemed the logical choice to me. Similar logic was used when having to choose Francis or Derrick McReary earlier on in the game. My instinct there was that you would always be in Francis's pocket if you didn't get rid of him.

• gunziness likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:25 PM

It's difficult to pick a favourite. I like that Deal's more poetic, but I find it hard to believe Niko would ever trust Dimitri again even for money. Revenge makes more sense to Niko's goals, but Kate's death isn't as impactful as Roman's IMO.

I do like killing Dimitri on the Platypus though. Feels like everything's come around full circle. For the purpose of the thread I'll go with Revenge. It was the choice I went with instinctively on my first play through and it was a nice twist having to kill Pegorino after Dimitri naturally assuming it would just end with Dimitri.
  • JB1982 and Neon_Dreaming like this

Rockstargames32490
  • Rockstargames32490

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:47 PM

I picked Deal too--Just cause I like the payout it gives!! Lots of cash to spend! But it is a damn shame that romans no longer with us if u pick that ending! Would be nice to share some money with him!

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:28 AM

I picked Deal too--Just cause I like the payout it gives!! Lots of cash to spend! But it is a damn shame that romans no longer with us if u pick that ending! Would be nice to share some money with him!

Lots of cash to spend...in what? Guns, Sprunk soda and burguers? Prrr, you can get 1 million easy doing Steve's thefts missions.

Axl Rose
  • Axl Rose

Dick Laurent Is Dead

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:06 AM Edited by Axl Rose, 12 September 2017 - 06:25 AM.

I say Deal is canon.

-It's a much more climatic/cinematic conclusion to the game.

-They obviously put more effort into crafting the mission, even the weather changes into a massive storm near the end.

-Whether you kill Darko or not Niko expresses how getting revenge, on a man he spent so long looking for, didn't/wouldn't fulfill him.

Revenge on the other hand is very anti-climatic.

-You kill Dimitri in a very bland uninspired shootout.

-Pegorino who you don't even meet until the 3rd act is the final boss.

-Death of Kate has nowhere near the impact as the death of Roman does.

-Where does that 250k come from? In Deal its accounted for.

I think Niko compromises in an attempt to change/put killing behind him and it bites him in the ass.

EtherTakeover
  • EtherTakeover

Crackhead

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:15 AM

The whole Darko thing made Niko think revenge isn't worth it

Rockstargames32490
  • Rockstargames32490

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:43 AM

Lots of cash to spend...in what? Guns, Sprunk soda and burguers? Prrr, you can get 1 million easy doing Steve's thefts missions.

Dang! U know what? I just realized something. Now I'm going to have to play through the whole game all over again because in order to get the "Taxi achievement" to unlock romans taxi cab rides I would imagine you need to have him alive for that!! Should've thought about that achievement before I had him killed! Oh well.

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:20 PM

Indeed, there is.

Once Niko has realized that the killing won't satisfy him anymore and he should strive in putting his family in safety and move on, he pulled off a last job with Dimitri that'll guarantee the economical advantage for him and his cousin without killing anymore people and putting Roman in danger. 

JB1982
  • JB1982

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:27 AM

Isn't the whole point of multiple endings the fact that none of them are canon? Except in our own heads? It's one thing saying which one we like best and which one makes the most sense to us but surely that's a matter of personal opinion?

• gunziness, The Deadite, CreepShow and 1 other like this

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:25 AM

Isn't the whole point of multiple endings the fact that none of them are canon? Except in our own heads? It's one thing saying which one we like best and which one makes the most sense to us but surely that's a matter of personal opinion?

You just hit the jackpot. As you said, there is no canon ending, since they're all valid.

• JB1982 and StormBreaker like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users