Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's the point of additional armor plating on Gunrunning vehicles?

9 replies to this topic
Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Le Tittle

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:53 AM

I can shoot straight through all of it, even the solid metal plate on the Tampa's window. Am I missing something, or is this a glitch? Or is this intended? The only one I have so far that seems to work, is the half-track. The metal around the window and such actually blocks bullets. The rest that I have, it doesn't seem to do anything on them.

Rewdalf
  • Rewdalf

Can't tell if I'm being sarcastic or not? I probably am.

• Facade
  • Bulgaria

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:58 AM

Simply put, nothing.

Heavy armor offers no extra protection from incoming small arms fire, and restricts you from using your own weapon from inside the vehicle...

Stick with medium. On the half-track it stops all fire coming from directly in front of you, and you can still fire back.

Have tested, even with minigun...

• CrookByDaBook4 likes this

aaronBLUEeyes
  • aaronBLUEeyes

Sovereign for the GUILD of CALAMIT0US INTENT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:01 AM

Wrong, there is a point... the armor plating around the windows vary their degree of protection vs their offensive abilities — greater armor means more protection but sacrifices the ability for passengers to discharge firearms or use throwable weapons.

• ragedandcaged likes this

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:06 AM

Wrong, there is a point... the armor plating around the windows vary their degree of protection vs their offensive abilities greater armor means more protection but sacrifices the ability for passengers to discharge firearms or use throwable weapons.

That's why I haven't put any armour upgraded on the windows.. it seems pointless and a waste of money to restrict the ability to shoot weapons out the window. Especially if you are in a Auto-aim lobby.

aaronBLUEeyes
  • aaronBLUEeyes

Sovereign for the GUILD of CALAMIT0US INTENT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:29 AM Edited by aaronBLUEeyes, 08 September 2017 - 05:31 AM.

It's not pointless tho, it facilitates different lvls of protection vs offense based on player tastes and uses.

For example, I like having max armor plates on my Nightshark so my passengers and I are protected. And use it for delivery of MC businesses that require players to carry bags of product or for gathering Smuggler/Special Crates. The NightShark halls ass, can take allot of punishment and by having the max armor, all my team needs to do is click A to duck and they won't die.

But on my Insurgent Custom, I prefer Medium playing to offer better protection than none but still allow pistols and SMGs to be fired by passengers while the gunner lights sh*t up.

Aaahh, you play in Aim Assist, my crew and I play Free Aim. So that alone makes a difference but what I said still holds true even if players lock onto you.

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:19 AM Edited by SHOKKERZ91, 08 September 2017 - 08:20 AM.

Those armor-platings sucks. Just ignore those.

• Silencer555 likes this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:20 AM

Not much point at all. Maybe it can help against players, but not against AI.

Also makes your vehicle look more edgy.

• Silencer555 likes this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homie

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:59 PM

Insurgent Custom gets more armor plates on the gunner sit. I would sacrifice the ability to shoot myself for a better protected gunner.

Silencer555
  • Silencer555

Accident Prone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:07 PM

After I saw how ineffective it was against cops of all NPCs, I think it's sh*t for the lack of offensive capability you had and the sh*t defense you received against bullets. I can still get hit way too often in many different angels.

With those tiny ass window slits, you'd think you'd be even safer than an Armored Kuruma against firearms. The Armored Kuruma still reins supreme in the bullet protection department.

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:06 PM

Insurgent Custom gets more armor plates on the gunner sit. I would sacrifice the ability to shoot myself for a better protected gunner.

with the number of times I've rolled that thing, I think it's impossible for the gunner to fall out with maximum armor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users