Photo

GTA Online is basically unplayable for me. [PC]

6 replies to this topic
timmlt
  • timmlt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:30 AM Edited by timmlt, 08 September 2017 - 12:40 AM.

Whenever I load into online (PC), I always face the same problems over and over again. (Read everything that is in orange if you don't want to read a lot)

First of all, I can't exit my office (which is where I spawn) because the interaction menu to do so doesn't appear. This doesn't happen in just my office, it also happens in my apartments, my clubhouse, and my bunker. This is able to be easily fixed though, as all I have to do is set my spawn anywhere, but my properties. Since I did that, I can't even enter any of my properties now because there's no way to get in them (no blue marker or anything). I'm living on the streets for now.  :cry:

Second of all, I can't use the in-game browser. Not only that, but my phone is slow and it takes minutes for apps to load, and it even the phone itself takes a while to pop up with I press the scroll wheel. Back to the browser, whenever I load the browser it always takes me to an error page. I reload it, now it's at the regular home page. I try to click on any website, another error! Sometimes if it does load (basically never, though) I try to click on the next thing, it gives me another error. Once it does that, I try to go back and the mouse cursor is just the hour glass loading symbol. I have to spam 'esc' to get out of my browser.

That's pretty much why I think it's unplayable. If you can help me fix these problems, that would be amazing!  :colgate:

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:38 AM

Whenever I load into online, I always face the same problems over and over again. (Read everything that is in orange if you don't want to read a lot)

First of all, I can't exit my office (which is where I spawn) because the interaction menu to do so doesn't appear. This doesn't happen in just my office, it also happens in my apartments, my clubhouse, and my bunker. This is able to be easily fixed though, as all I have to do is set my spawn anywhere, but my properties. Since I did that, I can't even enter any of my properties now because there's no way to get in them (no blue marker or anything). I'm living on the streets for now.  :cry:

Second of all, I can't use the in-game browser. Not only that, but my phone is slow and it takes minutes for apps to load, and it even the phone itself takes a while to pop up with I press the scroll wheel. Back to the browser, whenever I load the browser it always takes me to an error page. I reload it, now it's at the regular home page. I try to click on any website, another error! Sometimes if it does load (basically never, though) I try to click on the next thing, it gives me another error. Once it does that, I try to go back and the mouse cursor is just the hour glass loading symbol. I have to spam 'esc' to get out of my browser.

That's pretty much why I think it's unplayable. If you can help me fix these problems, that would be amazing!  :colgate:

What console are you playing on?

timmlt
  • timmlt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:39 AM

Whenever I load into online, I always face the same problems over and over again. (Read everything that is in orange if you don't want to read a lot)

PC

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:33 AM

PC

What are your specs?

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

The controversial one

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:37 AM

Are you using the "Cloud Save" option for single player saves, by the way? Just curious - that seems to cause more problems than is necessary. 

Try deleting your savegame data after first backing it up. The default location for that is - C:\Users\<Your Username>\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles\ABCDE123 (the folder name will be a combination of letters and numbers in capitals). Once you've copied that folder somewhere else - making a backup of it - delete it. 

Start the game and re-complete the prologue*. After doing that, manually save the game once you get control of Franklin again and load into Online. 

*it's not necessary to complete the prologue - you can copy the files that begin with "PGTA" and "SGTA" from within the random-letter folder, into the auto-generated folder that is created when you start the game again. If you copy these files into that folder before the game fully loads, it'll use those savegames and thus, you won't have to do the prologue again. 

timmlt
  • timmlt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:20 PM

Are you using the "Cloud Save" option for single player saves, by the way? Just curious - that seems to cause more problems than is necessary. 

Try deleting your savegame data after first backing it up. The default location for that is - C:\Users\<Your Username>\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles\ABCDE123 (the folder name will be a combination of letters and numbers in capitals). Once you've copied that folder somewhere else - making a backup of it - delete it. 

Start the game and re-complete the prologue*. After doing that, manually save the game once you get control of Franklin again and load into Online. 

*it's not necessary to complete the prologue - you can copy the files that begin with "PGTA" and "SGTA" from within the random-letter folder, into the auto-generated folder that is created when you start the game again. If you copy these files into that folder before the game fully loads, it'll use those savegames and thus, you won't have to do the prologue again. 

Didn't work. I even tried reinstalling the game.

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

The controversial one

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:30 PM

Delete any files you have inside this destination, but leave any folders alone: 
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA V

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users